Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2014, 02:29   #61
BHPian

Re: Our Audi A6 with multiple problems, now Audi wants to change CD player for a stuc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Ok - this might sound like a doubter-post, but let me get my thoughts out straight. Apologies if the following points are offending.
The I would appreciate you respecting that I was candid and open instead of second guessing me and implying that I am not candid and open.

Last edited by mobike008 : 6th June 2014 at 08:25. Reason: Please avoid quoting entire post for a one line reply
Harbir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2014, 08:23   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Our Audi A6 with multiple problems, now Audi wants to change CD player for a stuc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbir View Post
The I would appreciate you respecting that I was candid and open instead of second guessing me and implying that I am not candid and open.
Dear Harbir, either your intentionally ignoring all members request OR not getting it in the first place (doubtful)

Since you highlighted such grave problems in your Audi. All members are keen to understand the earlier issues faced which you have highligted

1. Airbag module failure
2. HVAC control module failure

3. Catastrophic coolant containment failure stranding the car in a rural area.
4. DSG transmission failure

Let me be little blunt here. Don't think of it as offensive as it's still a request

Please share detailed information on above else all our members will automatically think that you made a mountain of a molehill and above serious problems you listed out are fictious and a product of your colorful imagination (it also amounts to misleading, fabricating and twisting things for self gain)

Look forward to your response

Cheers
Mobike008
mobike008 is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 5th June 2014, 08:53   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Harbir, As the mods and members have pointed out in their posts, I would request you in the interest of community please share with us the communications that you may have received from Audi's end stating their plan of action. See, Audi is a respectable brand and based on your opening post we all made our statements.

All of a sudden, your thoughts about them changed, which may be good for you but to prove that we as members were not on the wrong side please do educate us with actual facts as it will help the entire community.

I am sorry, but as Mobike008 said if in actual sense the issue's listed by you are not that severe then it will be a huge setback for a reputed and respected forum like Team-bhp.

Thanks.
Old 5th June 2014, 09:15   #64
BHPian

I have seen all the posts & according to me the dealer has promised to repair everything foc if the owner stops criticising Audi.
supercars is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2014, 09:16   #65
BHPian

Hello Harbir, I came across the following discussion on twitter. I think someone is successful in getting the attention of audi India regarding your issue. I hope audi India will resolve your issue asap. As mods and fellow members have mentioned even I am also curious to know more about the earlier issues.

Regards
Attached Thumbnails
Our Audi A6 with multiple problems.. UPDATE: CD stuck by owner, Audi repairs for free-1401939648513.jpg  

KING DYSP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2014, 09:25   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I just got a call from the dealer, who assured me that my case has the attention of Audi at the highest levels, and that they will make sure that I am totally and completely satisfied...
Good & happy to know they are keen. But then, the dealer would NOT have bothered if the news had NOT reached the "highest" levels? Inspite of customers spending top cash on their (Audi) products, when something goes wrong, owners also need to raise a stink to get what's rightfully theirs?!!

Quote:
..I am not mentioning the name of the dealer because I don't want them to suffer any negative publicity that is not their due. But if I am satisfied at the resolution, I will be happy to mention them in appreciation...
Why not? Dealer is the first level who offered NO help until the parent company chipped in! I do NOT find a reason why you can't share the details. Since you say things are positive, there are better reasons why the details should be shared.

Final question - are you going to be happy with the CD issue or planning to take up any of the other listed issues as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercars View Post
I have seen all the posts & according to me the dealer has promised to repair everything foc if the owner stops criticising Audi.
Trust me, I am keen to see what updates are we going to get from the OP and how much details in those. There is definitely a good amount of non-transparency as of now.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 5th June 2014 at 09:28.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2014, 09:26   #67
BHPian

I for one is a very happy and satisfied Audi customer. I do own a A6 2.0 TDI for the past 2 and a half years and have done close to 32000 kms. The car has made about 4 unscheduled visits to the service station and each time it was because of rat menace where the rats had chewn one of the sensor cables. The issues were resolved to my satisfaction and thrice it was done free of cost. The last time they even arranged a rat repellent. I was always provided with a courtesy car. Iam ready to furnish the required details if required.I really request Harbir to reply to our members queries.
surgvij is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th June 2014, 09:35   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1st thing mate, anyone would definitely criticize if major issues like those reported in the opening post are put forward about a car of a premium brand. None of us have criticized the brand out of free-will.

2nd thing, If for the right reasons (based on onwer's point of view) we have been vocal about Audi's way of dealing a customer then I think doing the job free of cost this time is a good step by Audi. I feel proud that we have been able to bring this issue to their notice. However, Audi should provide proper reasons to the owner as to why in the first place the car developed so many issues in a span of 2 years (as mentioned by him in opening post).

Instead of paying so much attention to constructive criticism by a automotive forum they should primarily focus on improving their product quality which in the long run will be beneficial for Audi.

Thanks.
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2014, 10:39   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

I posted this thread for the sheer audIcity of the dealer.
But hey, i can understand the reservations of the OP, after all, a 50L car is a 50L car.

VW, when all the group companies suck, they'd be better off doing a reality check, rather than appeasing individual incidents.
Old 5th June 2014, 10:47   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Vow!! That's a strange way of arm twisting. Dealer has to service the car because he is duty bound to - not because of one's praise or critic of the brand!!
Old 5th June 2014, 11:35   #71
BHPian

Of late I am seeing a lot of threads in this forum that starts with criticizing dealers/brands for favours-not-received, in turn inviting ire against dealers/brands from fellow bhpians.

And then, when the dealer agrees to fix the issues, the original griever goes into hiding. It is high time people stop misusing this forum for their individual ends.
blacksport is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th June 2014, 11:44   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
Of late I am seeing a lot of threads in this forum that starts with criticizing dealers/brands for favours-not-received, in turn inviting ire against dealers/brands from fellow bhpians.

And then, when the dealer agrees to fix the issues, the original griever goes into hiding. It is high time people stop misusing this forum for their individual ends.
Perfectly okay to draw attention of the dealers/ manufacturers through this forum, in my opinion, but if one chooses a platform, he should respect it and be transparent to others. Not being so can backfire and make you feel like offender, even if you are not on the wrong foot. Hence, be responsible while using the forum for such needs and disclose the facts clearly. One may conceal a few facts/ negotiations that may not be rolled out in public, or which can affect the outcome of your case negatively, but do state it and people will understand.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2014, 12:45   #73
Senior - BHPian

Here's what I think transpired -
- OP was clearly not happy with the frequency & severity of issues
- 85k for removing CD (that's what he understood at first) was where he snapped
- OP decided to get the right people's attention through this forum
- OP did get the attention and either had a change of heart or the dealership asked him to tone down the attacks considering that they were willing to help now

However, as many people pointed out, lets be mature about what we were trying to achieve here. The opening post doesn't look like it was made to only get attention. It sounded more like the OP not being happy with the product & service overall. Now if there is a change of heart then it definitely raises questions, but that's OP prerogative to answer.
fine69 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2014, 12:45   #74

My god ! Asking 85K for resolving CD player issue is criminal. Other issues you faced are more serious and even life-threatening. I can understand your anguish and my heart goes out to you for not been able to experience the joy which is usually associated with these iconic brands. Thanks for sharing!!
sushrut is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2014, 13:30   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrut View Post
My god ! Asking 85K for resolving CD player issue is criminal. Other issues you faced are more serious and even life-threatening. I can understand your anguish and my heart goes out to you for not been able to experience the joy which is usually associated with these iconic brands. Thanks for sharing!!
85K is not for removing the stuck CD, but for replacing the CD player (entire head unit). Nobody would ask 85K for getting out a stuck CD, and those who choose to believe it has he himself to blame.

Now, coming to the issue of whether a stuck CD problem is covered under warranty, one has to find out why it got stuck in the first place. It is not clear from the original post whether it is the problem with the CD or the player. Service center is the wrong place to go to get a stuck CD out. They don't fix components, only replace them.

What lends shock value to this thread are these words: "85K for getting a CD out", and everybody rose up to condemn. The OP achieved what he wanted.
blacksport is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks