Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2014, 14:31   #1
BHPian

Skoda to bring new 7-seater flagship SUV to India

Skoda to bring new 7-seater flagship SUV to India-picsart_1402044715584.jpg

Quote:
But the big news is that Skoda is working on an all-new SUV that will take on the likes of the Toyota Fortuner and Hyundai Santa Fe. This new offering will be a seven-seater, with plenty of space on the inside and three rows of seats.
Source: http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...uv-387656.aspx

Last edited by GTO : 7th June 2014 at 13:33. Reason: Keeping the fair usage policy in mind, it's best to share an excerpt + link to full article. Thanks
KING DYSP is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th June 2014, 18:09   #2

re: Skoda to bring new 7-seater flagship SUV to India

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING DYSP View Post
Attachment 1247560
First up, the company will introduce the Yeti facelift by the end of 2014.
I was under the impression that the Yeti facelift will be launched sometime in July, multiple reports pointed in that direction. Skoda also seems to be working on a new site - www.newskodayeti.co.in, which currently redirects to the existing Yeti page on Skoda India site.

I had given up on the idea of buying D1 sedans, thanks to Bangalore speedbreakers and was seriously considering opting for the facelifted Yeti. None of Duster/Terrano/Ecosport impressed me and I don't want to buy a Mahindra.

I checked with Skoda showrooms and they have no clue. Can someone please throw some more light on it?

Just called up the Skoda call center and the guy confirmed that the facelift is getting launched in July. However, he had no clue if the 1.2 TSI petrol will be launched and just said that the expected price will be between 16-19 lakhs ex-showroom.

Looking at the sales performance of existing Yeti, I doubt the pricing will be this high and should be at least 3 lakhs lower, assuming they would have incorporated the market feedback. Keeping my fingers crossed..
rahul.blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2014, 13:38   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda to bring new 7-seater flagship SUV to India

I have a feeling that Skoda might do a 'Superb' with this one. That is, size, presence, equipment, solid build, premium interiors, 3 rows of seats, diesel & DSG. This could be a gamechanger in the same way that the Superb was.

The door is wide open for such an SUV in the 20 - 30 lakh segment. The body-on-frames (Fortuner, Endeavour, Pajero Sport etc.) are too utilitarian and the monocoques are either small (Koleos), expensive (Santa Fe) or petrol-only (CRV). The premium Germans are too compact (Q3, X1) and all of them are 5-seaters at best.

The Superb's excellent pricing does leave room for a premium SUV sitting over it.
GTO is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 09:58   #4
Team-BHP Support

But will I buy it? A big no. I am currently driving a Yeti Elegance and in the market for a SUV (after the sale of the Yeti) Very satisfied with the car...but with the manufacturer? The way sales, service is being carried out? No.

Skoda has no say on what their dealers are doing.

This news is enough to chicken out anyways.
Old 26th June 2014, 10:16   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
But will I buy it? A big no. I am currently driving a Yeti Elegance and in the market for a SUV (after the sale of the Yeti) Very satisfied with the car...but with the manufacturer? The way sales, service is being carried out? No.

Skoda has no say on what their dealers are doing.

This news is enough to chicken out anyways.
Just saw this news before reading this thread. To boot, someone in the family has taken delivery of a Superb just two weeks ago. This is very consistent now it seems with the high handed behaviour of the VAG group in India.

Poor service, iffy dealers, and now irresponsible comments in the media, with conflicting material. Why say that they will launch something new, and on the other hand, let it be known that they plan to curtail the brand? Who would likely buy such a car, with a feeling that it may turn out to be a white elephant, sturdily built, yet..
latentpotential is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 14:08   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
Poor service, iffy dealers, and now irresponsible comments in the media, with conflicting material. Why say that they will launch something new, and on the other hand, let it be known that they plan to curtail the brand? Who would likely buy such a car, with a feeling that it may turn out to be a white elephant, sturdily built, yet..
Yes it is rather puzzling. I had commented on a recent thread which was about the company curtailing its Indian operations. And now - 'Czech carmaker Skoda is planning to storm the Indian SUV segment with a slew of offerings over the coming years' - says the Autocar report.
I am left scratching my head trying to figure it out.
Old 13th August 2014, 09:01   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Snowman rendered.
This is how the new Skoda Snowman SUV could look when it goes on sale in 2016.
Skoda to bring new 7-seater flagship SUV to India-skodasnowmansuvrendering.jpg

Quote:
The Skoda Snowman – as the big brother to the compact Yeti has been unofficially christened – looks to share much with the Volkswagen CrossBlue concept which is also set to make the transition from show car to showrooms in 2016 to give both brands a seven-seater SUV option.
Prominent, squared-off wheel arches and expansive side panels give the new, full-size SUV a muscular, substantial appearance.
The front-end wears a conservative interpretation of Skoda’s current design language, incorporating rectangular headlights and the brand’s signature grille with vertical black blades.
A radar for the car’s adaptive cruise control and other advanced safety systems will sit in the centre of the lower air intake.
http://www.caradvice.com.au/301493/s...even-seat-suv/
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 09:15   #8
Team-BHP Support

The rendering looks a lot like the previous Jeep Cherokee.

Image source : Wikipedia.

Skoda to bring new 7-seater flagship SUV to India-jeep_grand_cherokee_3.0_crd_overland_wk__frontansicht_31._mrz_2012_dsseldorf.jpg

Last edited by benbsb29 : 13th August 2014 at 09:17.
benbsb29 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 10th February 2015, 20:28   #9
Team-BHP Support

Does anyone know when this flagship 7 seater SUVARNA was being planned for launch? Any updated Info on that?

Thanks
Old 11th February 2015, 03:44   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Does anyone know when this flagship 7 seater SUVARNA was being planned for launch? Any updated Info on that?

Thanks
Sorry, SUV not suvarna. Stupid autocorrect.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks