Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2014, 14:56   #181
BHPian

Re: Government of India to redraft 26-year old Indian Motor Vehicle Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
How does these lapses justify an average of 3 cars per family? I had a tough time staying in West Delhi battling it out every day for parking a small hatch!
The problem is not with an average 3 cars per family if they are driven everyday as there can be an equal number of working people as there are cars in a family. The route cause lies when there are cars in a family which can be even a single one, which are not driven and are just there to be parked on the roads and are driven sparsely, to which even we cannot object as the person owning may be using the so called best public transport system.

Quote:
IMO, there is enough place available to park vehicles in the city. But if there is going to be an average of 2-3 cars per family, then authorities will have to do something to control it.
Control is not the only solution which may not be implemented completely, as the authorities are more concerned with their vote banks rather than with other issues. A better alternative can be facilitation of basic infrastructure along with proper restraint and hefty fines wherever necessary.

Quote:
Delhi Metro is going to provide better connectivity in the coming years and very few days ago, union transport minister gave a green flag to E-rickshaws.
What delhi metro will do in the future is for all of us to see as and when that happens and the Delhi high court has ordered a ban on plying of e-rickshaws in the national capital until the law is amended. That is why it is nowhere to be seen on the roads of delhi.
Old 28th November 2014, 14:18   #182
BHPian

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/indian-ro...309-37-64.html

Hope against hope that we will have new road laws and driving in India would be at least less chaotic. This topic has been discussed many times by the ministry however it is yet to see the light of the day. Understand that changing laws in our country is not so easy however can they not start implementing the modified laws or add laws in a phased manner.

Old 30th November 2014, 08:31   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitruvius View Post
The report mentions that proof of parking would be required in congested metros. In that case, some migrants like me will buy the vehicle in my state and drive over!!
Don't you think it might be cheaper to rent an apartment with a dedicated parking spot when you are buying a car and then shift out of it next year rather than pay the road tax and sales tax again?

I'm sure all RTO agents would invest and rent out a few unoccupied flats and sublet it their clients till the registration is over. After that, give the same spot to the next client.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoelect View Post
Not sure if the lawmakers have considered the bigger picture. As some members already mentioned, what about migrants who have moved to the metro cities. I have a marked parking in my society but my rent agreement doesn't mention it. Maybe the rent agreement needs to be changed in the future to include this clause.
Even if my current budget cannot afford a flat with dedicated parking, I can rent out an apartment with parking in some area for a year and make the purchase during that time. Once the car is registered, I don't have to worry about this for next 15 years and can move back to a cheaper place without parking and park on the road side.

How is the law going to handle the above scenario?
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2015, 15:15   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNdY_AR View Post
Hope against hope that we will have new road laws and driving in India would be at least less chaotic. This topic has been discussed many times by the ministry however it is yet to see the light of the day. Understand that changing laws in our country is not so easy however can they not start implementing the modified laws or add laws in a phased manner.
Is there any update/news on new Motor Vehicle Act? I was hoping that it will be tabled in current session of the parliament. I could not find any news except one that legalize e-rickshaws on Delhi roads.
Old 15th March 2015, 11:13   #185
JD1
BHPian

Does anyone know if there is any specific provisions for Automatic transmission cars in the new act? For example a separate AT license (for those who only can/want to drive AT cars only and don't want to drive or give a test in MT car)? Or for registration of AT cars as Invalid carriage? (Currently my AT car is stuck with dealer for 2 weeks due to not being able to register as Invalid carriage since the AT is from manufacturer and not modified by mechanic - I have a left leg disability).
Old 5th June 2019, 13:11   #186
Senior - BHPian

Transport minister, Mr. Nitin Gadkari indicated that the Motor Vehicles Amendment Bill will be re-introduced in the next Parliament session.

Quote:
"The cabinet note is ready for the Motor Bill and once it is approved we will try to introduce it in the upcoming session of Parliament," Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari said.
The bill was passed by the Lok Sabha, and was introduced in the Upper House in April 2017 but was referred to a select panel. After taking into account the panel's recommendation, the bill was re-introduced in the Rajya Sabha but the debate on the bill remained inconclusive.

Other key points from the ministers notes:
  • To reduce accidents at 8,000 black spots - accident-prone areas - have been identified and will be rectified.
  • A road grid and a water grid on the pattern of power grid were also on the anvil and completion of various projects to decongest Delhi will ensure that the national capital is free from vehicular pollution in the next two years.
  • The road building pace is likely to reach 32 km a day soon
  • Most of the stuck projects have been rolled out.
sarathlal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2019, 12:26   #187
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Transport minister, Mr. Nitin Gadkari indicated that the Motor Vehicles Amendment Bill will be re-introduced in the next Parliament session.

It cleared parliament last time, but stuck in Rajya Sabha due to opposition from the Congress party. There are many improvements/reforms, but I assure you that it will get stuck again in Rajya Sabha until BJP gets Rajya Sabha majority in late 2020.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 20:15   #188
Team-BHP Support

Mod note: Thread closed. The revival of the amendment of Motor Vehicles Act 1989 is being discussed on this thread. (New Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill: Lots of sensible changes)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks