Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2014, 19:00   #1
BHPian

Twitter chat with Tata Motors Management - 7th June, 2014

This seems interesting ...

Might be nice if those planning to chat post their Twitter handles here, so other t-bhpians know who is asking questions.

Cheers,

FourWheelDrift
Attached Thumbnails
Twitter chat with Tata Motors Management - 7th June, 2014-img20140606wa0000.jpg  

FourWheelDrift is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th June 2014, 20:30   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Twitter chat with Tata Motors Management - 7th June, 2014

I just have one question for them, when are they firing their current quality head and getting somebody who knows his craft?
fine69 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th June 2014, 10:50   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Twitter chat with Tata Motors Management - 7th June, 2014

Is there a baby Strome/Aria coming? Is there any plan for a minivan?
Old 8th June 2014, 11:39   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
Is there a baby Strome/Aria coming? Is there any plan for a minivan?
Hi teamveevee,

Ranjit Yadav, (President of passenger vehicle business at Tata Motors) has mentioned about the possibility of production version of Nexon, Compact SUV concept which was showcased in the autoexpo.

There seems to be no plan of introducing a minivan from them.

But he seems pretty confident about the upcoming Bolt and Zest. He went on to say that the consumer clinics and research have showed that both cars win.

He quite a few times have tweeted about the segment first connectivity features in Bolt and Zest and powerful Revotron petrol engine.
KING DYSP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2014, 12:07   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Read the tweets. Sorry to say but I expected a convincing set of answers other than just marketing one-liners like "Our cars will be best in class in all segments", "Class defining drive, Connectivity" and a few others. I agree its a tweet and not a blog, but I wished the answers were more convincing, when they had to face questions like how they revamped the design, quality and stuff. Every top level management guy will be very confident and optimistic about their products but IMO it should be backed with strong justification.

I was keen to hear their take on how they have improved reliablity and quality. Instead all I saw was tech savvy names and future concepts. What is behind it no one told.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2014, 16:44   #6
Senior - BHPian

The idea was just about OKish. Appreciate them trying to be candid, shows that their intention is clear and that they're confident of the Bolt & Zest.

But also, maybe they could've just taken up questions and uploaded their replies on the youtube channel regularly from time to time. It'd have given them time to frame convincing replies so we understood their dedication in the right sense.

Late Mr. Karl replied to tweets very often & interacted candidly too. Even in the Ideator meet we'd agreed TaMo needs to be abit interactive on Auto Forums (We even went on to the extent of planning to build one... A vBulletin board isn't rocket science, and TaMo have TCS to back them! It'd be up in a few hours!).

Whenever they start, I just hope they're prepared with expert advisers to help us. Anyway. What they're doing is already what any manufacturer has never done!

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 8th June 2014 at 16:46.
GrammarNazi is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed