Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2014, 12:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: General Motors launches 'Chevrolet Complete Care' program

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Only thing new appears to be the additional 2 years extended warranty which takes full coverage to 5 years / 150,000 kms . I'm a huge fan of extended packages and highly recommend them.
GTO, to cut short your happiness, the extended warranty existed in 2011 also !!

I own a 2011 Chevy Beat LT, bought from Kropex Chevrolet, Bangalore.

Most of the points are just old stuff, rephrased in "good sounding English".

The Roadside Assistance is a big relief !!
I had a fuel wire chewed up instance during 2012/13 and I had a nightmare to connect with someone from Chevrolet to come and assist me.
Now I see contact numbers up on their website. Hope they work in real.

One thing that grabs my eyeball is the warranty programme. Not sure how shady or transparent it is, but I will share my experience.

When we purchased the car, we were offered an Extended Warranty of 2 more years (Total 5 years) with a premium of ~Rs.10,000.
I had opted out of it, due to finance crunch at that time.
I was told that I can opt back for the extended warranty anytime before my standard 3 years warranty expires.

I went to Kropex Chevrolet, Bangalore for the 6th Paid Servicing during the month of Feb 2014. The 3 years standard warranty was due to end in March 2014.

So I enquired the sales, service and warranty teams about how to extend the warranty.

Their response was:

- The extended warranty is not provided by Chevrolet / GM India.
- The extended warranty is a package that was only facilitated by Chevrolet / GM India and was paid by a 3rd Party company.
- Any replacements under extended warranty was solely at the discretion of the 3rd Party Company.

So what it seemed to me that Chevrolet directly doesn't provide warranties, rather have 3rd party companies to take care of its extended warranty schemes.

People who have opted for extended warranty when purchasing their car, kindly shed some light into this matter.

I am attaching a detailed coverage plan that was shared with me, by the warranty department of Kropex Chevrolet, Bangalore.

General Motors launches 'Chevrolet Complete Care' program-parts-coverage.jpg

General Motors launches 'Chevrolet Complete Care' program-ext-price-1.jpg

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 13th June 2014 at 12:45.
Old 13th June 2014, 13:55   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by su1978 View Post
Then i think that Mr Arvind saxena will have a tough retirement. It would be just like going to the World war-III with just a pistol(read models) and outdated bullet proof jacket(read service). The extended warranty/pickup & drop etc etc are low hanging fruits. Competetion would introduce these facilities as and when they want. It would just be like "Thank u very much GM for showing the way".
I second this. Don't understand what on earth made him move to GMI.
Having owned an Aveo in the past and experience with GMI, there cars are hybrids - Holden (Australian but owned by GM) gearbox, Daewoo (Korean) engine and Daewoo bodyshell but with GM knowhow for dynamics.

Now they are offering Chinese hybrids with the only positive being the Fiat Engines as far as the diesel offerings are concerned. Now with these Chinese models the looks which was a positive earlier is also a deterrent now.

Moreover, there petrols in India have never been refined vs the competition.

Was it some beaurocracy in VWI which made him to move to GMI ?
Old 13th June 2014, 15:54   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namit View Post
I second this. Don't understand what on earth made him move to GMI.
Having owned an Aveo in the past and experience with GMI, there cars are hybrids - Holden (Australian but owned by GM) gearbox, Daewoo (Korean) engine and Daewoo bodyshell but with GM knowhow for dynamics.

Now they are offering Chinese hybrids with the only positive being the Fiat Engines as far as the diesel offerings are concerned. Now with these Chinese models the looks which was a positive earlier is also a deterrent now.

Moreover, there petrols in India have never been refined vs the competition.

Was it some beaurocracy in VWI which made him to move to GMI ?
Exactly mate, i second your opinion without a blink. The looks department of GM has also gone for a toss. All other cars in competetion perform better than GM. More like a chinese invasion in America. Seems something is terrifically wrong within GM.

WRT Mr Saxena moving to GM, hear from some that VWI has all its realms with VW Headquarters and the management here in india is not allowed any breathing space. every penny spent here has to be explained. Hence most probably Mr saxena would have thought GM as a stop gap arrangement.

Coming back to topic, GM has nothing new to offer. whether in terms of product or in terms of Services. Its high time they stop basking in their old glory and provide some earth shattering products. People are willing to spend money, market is open and flodded with opportunity. If they do not act now, things will never be same
su1978 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2014, 11:20   #19
Senior - BHPian

I have a November 11 Beat diesel. Pune Wagholi's service center is giving me reasons that I could buy extended warranty only till 2 months from expiry of warranty. Whereas on their website Chevrolet specifically says that extended warranty can be bought till the last day of warranty!

The service center is not ready to give me anything in writing, nor are they forwarding me any mail from GM that shows such instructions. They are now saying they can give me 1 year extended warranty only, and I find it ridiculous. What should I do to get 2 years extended warranty?
Old 27th September 2014, 11:27   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
I have a November 11 Beat diesel. Pune Wagholi's service center is giving me reasons that I could buy extended warranty only till 2 months from expiry of warranty. Whereas on their website Chevrolet specifically says that extended warranty can be bought till the last day of warranty!

The service center is not ready to give me anything in writing, nor are they forwarding me any mail from GM that shows such instructions. They are now saying they can give me 1 year extended warranty only, and I find it ridiculous. What should I do to get 2 years extended warranty?
Reach out to GM India officials via email or customercare. This a very minor issue. Rest assured it will be sorted
Dinesh_Malhotra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2014, 11:58   #21
Senior - BHPian

^^^ I sent an email to chevrolet, but didn't get any confirmation mail nor any revert back. Called up the customer care but the guy was clueless, and asked me to get in touch with the dealer.

I am trying another dealer in Pune city, hope this works.
Old 11th October 2014, 16:52   #22
Senior - BHPian

An update regarding this. I have received an internal bulletin circulated to all retailers from Director - Aftersales Anand Kumar, and it shows revision of the policies. The EW can now be bought only till 34th month.

The website http://www.chevrolet.co.in/owners/ch...-warranty.html still says:
  • Peace of mind motoring for up to 5 years / 1.5 lakh kms.
  • Flexibility of Purchase till the last day of standard warranty.
You can find the bulletin with this post. What should I do? As a customer, shouldn't Chevrolet inform us before changing any policies?
Attached Files
File Type: doc Bulletin - 50 EW policy revise.doc (466.5 KB, 234 views)
Old 27th October 2014, 11:57   #23
Senior - BHPian

Update to the post: Still in a limbo. Local chevrolet dealer unable to get me a two year's warranty. Sent an email to Chevrolet again, hoping to get a resolution.

Website still says the same:
  • Flexibility of Purchase till the last day of standard warranty.
Whereas revised EW policy document posted above (not yet made public by Chevrolet) says
'Customer can purchase EW two months before the basic warranty expires.'
Old 27th October 2014, 15:56   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Update to the post:
'Customer can purchase EW two months before the basic warranty expires.'
Hi ani_meher
I too had the same experience. I have mentioned about it here,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3552505

Now when i reached out to GM, they added Sundaram motors to the discussion. The service manager concluded that he can provide me some sort of optional warranty if i would like to avail as the system(the software) isn't allowing him to submit my details as the last 2 months time is already over.

Kindly let me know if in case you have any breakthrough.

Thanks
Balaji

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks