Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2014, 20:23   #1
Senior - BHPian

General Motors launches 'Chevrolet Complete Care' program

General Motors launches 'Chevrolet Complete Care' program-chevroletcompletecare01.jpg

General Motors India today has announced its ‘Chevrolet Complete Care’ program to enhance low cost maintenance for customers, along with best-in-class warranty under Extended Warranty.

Key features;
  • Apart from the company's existing warranty, customer can extend the warranty for two more years or till 150,000 kms at affordable rates.
  • The company will also provide warranty on spare parts or the opted accessories for the first year or 20 thousand kilometers (whichever comes first).
  • GM India has also developed 'Chevrolet Service Estimator' on its website which analyzes the periodic service cost.
  • The mobile app - 'MyChevroletIndia' assist you in finding and contacting the nearest service center.
  • The company also provides free 3 years 24/7 roadside assistance for all the new cars plus existing customers can also opt this service at nominal rates (not more than 5 years old cars)
  • The 'Chevrolet Complete Care' program is only valid on Spark, Beat, Sail siblings and Cruze.
  • The cars registered under women customers will get free pick-up and drop of Chevrolet cars for servicing.
Source: http://www.cardekho.com/india-car-ne...amme-13237.htm

Last edited by sarathlal : 11th June 2014 at 20:25.
sarathlal is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th June 2014, 11:10   #2
Team-BHP Support

Chevrolet Complete Care: Customer care initiative from GM

General Motors India has announced the launch of a customer care initiative called Chevrolet Complete Care.

With the new initiative includes a number of services which will be offered to the customers like Chevrolet Promise - assured low cost of maintenance, exclusive warranty packages, Chevrolet U-First customer centric programs and apps and a round-the-clock, 24x7 roadside assistance program.

Chevrolet Promise: The company is committed to refund any excess periodic or scheduled maintenance cost at the end of 3 years or 45,000 kms whichever is earlier, vis-à-vis the committed periodic maintenance cost to the customer at the time of sale of the car. Cars covered under Chevrolet Promise are Spark, Beat, Sail hatchback, Sail sedan and Cruze.

Exclusive warranty packages: Chevrolet's standard warranty package covers their cars for 1,00,000 kms / 3 years. Customers can extend this warranty by up to 2 more years or 1,50,000 kms at a nominal cost. Additionally, customers will be offered warranty on spare parts and accessories for the first year or 20,000 kms whichever is earlier.

Chevrolet U-First: Lady customers (if the vehicle is registered in the name of a lady) will be provided free pick up and drop off of their vehicles for service by Chevrolet authorised workshops.

Roadside assistance: Chevrolet is providing free round-the-clock, 24x7 roadside assistance to its customers in the event of a breakdown or accident for a period of 3 years or from the date of purchase of their new cars. This program covers services such as vehicle towing, flat tyre change, out of fuel assistance with limited free fuel, key lockout, battery jump-start and taxi benefit for customers. Roadside assistance package is also available for existing customers at a nominal cost, provided the car is not more than 5 years old.

General Motors has also developed digital applications which are available on the company's website. These include:
  • Chevrolet Service Estimator - an online tool which helps calculate period service costs
  • MyChevrolet India - a mobile application which helps locate and contact the nearest authorised Chevrolet service station

General Motors launches 'Chevrolet Complete Care' program-gm-india-introduces-chevrolet-complete-care.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 12th June 2014 at 17:27.
Aditya is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2014, 11:27   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Complete Care: Customer care initiative from GM

That is a nice and comprehensive offering. It is good that at least some of the foreign car manufacturers are taking customers seriously and I am sure this goodwill will help them in the long run. Hopefully, others follow suit pretty soon.
Old 12th June 2014, 11:37   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: General Motors launches 'Chevrolet Complete Care' program

I think most of it was already offered by Chevy. This is a fancy rebranding exercise. Can any Chevy owners confirm?

Only thing new appears to be the additional 2 years extended warranty which takes full coverage to 5 years / 150,000 kms . I'm a huge fan of extended packages and highly recommend them.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2014, 11:45   #5
Team-BHP Support

Re: Chevrolet Complete Care: Customer care initiative from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
General Motors India has announced the launch of a customer care initiative called Chevrolet Complete Care.

Chevrolet Promise: The company is committed to refund any excess periodic or scheduled maintenance cost at the end of 3 years or 45,000 kms whichever is earlier, vis-à-vis the committed periodic maintenance cost to the customer at the time of sale of the car. Cars covered under Chevrolet Promise are Spark, Beat, Sail hatchback, Sail sedan and Cruze.
This was available when I bought my Sail HB in August 2013. Did not bother to subscribe.

Quote:

Exclusive warranty packages: Chevrolet's standard warranty package covers their cars for 1,00,000 kms / 3 years. Customers can extend this warranty by up to 2 more years or 1,50,000 kms at a nominal cost. Additionally, customers will be offered warranty on spare parts and accessories for the first year or 20,000 kms whichever is earlier.
I bought this for Rs 5175 in December 2013, effectively getting warranty till August 2018.

Quote:

Chevrolet U-First: Lady customers (if the vehicle is registered in the name of a lady) will be provided free pick up and drop off of their vehicles for service by Chevrolet authorised workshops.
I have seen this written on the service center's big black board even in September 2013.
My car is registered in my wife's name, so it qualifies for this.

Quote:

Roadside assistance: Chevrolet is providing free round-the-clock, 24x7 roadside assistance to its customers in the event of a breakdown or accident for a period of 3 years or from the date of purchase of their new cars. This program covers services such as vehicle towing, flat tyre change, out of fuel assistance with limited free fuel, key lockout, battery jump-start and taxi benefit for customers. Roadside assistance package is also available for existing customers at a nominal cost, provided the car is not more than 5 years old.
I don't think it was needed because I know how to change my tires. I don't ever drive with less than 20% of fuel in the tank.

Quote:
MyChevrolet India - a mobile application which helps locate and contact the nearest authorised Chevrolet service station
This does not install on my android phones. Moto E and Samsung Y.

And as per http://www.chevrolet.co.in/owners/ch...estimator.html when my car goes in for its Annual service expected in July 2014 the

Total Cost*:Rs. 1,636/-
with replacements of
Engine Oil and Engine Oil Filter
Air Cleaner Element

and a couple of inspection.

Last edited by bblost : 12th June 2014 at 11:51.
bblost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2014, 12:38   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I think most of it was already offered by Chevy. This is a fancy rebranding exercise. Can any Chevy owners confirm?

Only thing new appears to be the additional 2 years extended warranty which takes full coverage to 5 years / 150,000 kms . I'm a huge fan of extended packages and highly recommend them.
Even the additional EW is not new :-) Introduced maybe 9 months back!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3438095
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2014, 15:48   #7
BHPian

Reading the posts above I realize that there is nothing new but just a re-branding exercise. If I may conclude, even the bagful of services Chevrolet has been offering for some time now has failed to attract new buyers and hence the re-branding exercise.

It is high time now that the management should realize that it is their products that lack and not the service.

Last edited by GTO : 13th June 2014 at 11:35. Reason: Typos
jeepster_chd is offline   Received Infraction
Old 12th June 2014, 15:58   #8
BHPian

when i bought my chevy 4.5 years back, my sales advisor called me after about 6 months and inquired if i wanted to avail the additional extended warranty of 2 years for some additional 3.5-4 thousands. So nothing new in this. All this already existed but just that GM never highlighted/marketed these aggressively.

All said and done, any member has any idea as to when GM is introducing some really eyecatching & exciting models in market which really has the capability of changing the game for GM.
Old 12th June 2014, 16:00   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster_chd View Post
It is high time now that the management should realize that it is their products that lack and not the service.
There is hardly any advertising and hence very poor recall value for Chevy cars.

Its so sad that the very competent Sail is languishing in low numbers.
Having owned the hatch for almost 10 months and some 13k kms, I am very happy I bought this over the other more popular cars.

Someone asks me what car I buy and they generally respond with a look that says...there is a car called Sail.

Last edited by GTO : 13th June 2014 at 11:36. Reason: Quoted post edited
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2014, 16:22   #10
Senior - BHPian

There are no models planned for quite a while i believe as per the last reports , nothing to expect for 2 odd years , given that Chevrolet has no choice but to advertise on some of these otherwise not highlighted points - hoping that talking about this might bring in some numbers because else they do not really have anything in terms of facelifts / new models to talk about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by su1978 View Post
when i bought my chevy 4.5 years back, my sales advisor called me after about 6 months and inquired if i wanted to avail the additional extended warranty of 2 years for some additional 3.5-4 thousands. So nothing new in this. All this already existed but just that GM never highlighted/marketed these aggressively.

All said and done, any member has any idea as to when GM is introducing some really eyecatching & exciting models in market which really has the capability of changing the game for GM.
Old 12th June 2014, 16:27   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
There is hardly any advertising and hence very poor recall value for Chevy cars.

Its so sad that the very competent Sail is languishing in low numbers.
Having owned the hatch for almost 10 months and some 13k kms, I am very happy I bought this over the other more popular cars.
I agree that the advertising and marketing is lacking on Chevy's part. However, it is also true that there cars do not speak of modernity. Modernity in terms of looks (interior and exterior), equipment levels, no matter how good they are to drive and how enduring there engines may be. I am not a expert and have never driven a Chevy though I admire Cruze and respect Spark but this is the general perception and atmosphere around I am talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I am very happy I bought this over the other more popular cars
I own a Bolero and to me the gadgetry on the centre console doesn't means much and it is the feel, the drive and ease of maintenance that compensates what everyone else claims to be missing.
Old 12th June 2014, 18:20   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
There are no models planned for quite a while i believe as per the last reports , nothing to expect for 2 odd years , given that Chevrolet has no choice but to advertise on some of these otherwise not highlighted points - hoping that talking about this might bring in some numbers because else they do not really have anything in terms of facelifts / new models to talk about.
Then i think that Mr Arvind saxena will have a tough retirement. It would be just like going to the World war-III with just a pistol(read models) and outdated bullet proof jacket(read service). The extended warranty/pickup & drop etc etc are low hanging fruits. Competetion would introduce these facilities as and when they want. It would just be like "Thank u very much GM for showing the way".
su1978 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2014, 18:28   #13
Senior - BHPian

Nothing new here. "Old wine in new bottle"

When I bought my Beat 4.1 years back, all these offers excluding Service cost estimator and mobile app was there. I opted for 5th year extended warranty by paying 8000 odd rupees at the time of purchase and already benefited for around 14000 rupees by replacing fuel pump and water pump (details in Official Beat Petrol Thread).

I don't think GM will survive with these kind of gimmicks. I was eagerly waiting for the face-lifted Beat with new Front and Back update along with nice interior dash (as seen in international 2014 Beat). But what they did was killing a cute little car by excluding ACC, rear seat headrests, etc when cars like Grand i10 are improving interior quality and features. Once Beat was selling close to 4000 cars monthly and now 1700 and declining month after month.

Nonetheless, Beat is a terrific city car with good reliability, good ride, great HPS (Petrol), zero rattle, etc. But can GM convince this to a potential buyer? I have my doubts!

Cheers!

Vinu
myavu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2014, 10:56   #14
Senior - BHPian

Most of the competition already has value add's like that available as free or at a certain price , the pick up and drop is offered by many brands anyway.

What GM seems to not realise is that the package is good once someone buys the car , but what are they really doing to get someone to buy the car in the first place , this is not enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by su1978 View Post
Then i think that Mr Arvind saxena will have a tough retirement. It would be just like going to the World war-III with just a pistol(read models) and outdated bullet proof jacket(read service). The extended warranty/pickup & drop etc etc are low hanging fruits. Competetion would introduce these facilities as and when they want. It would just be like "Thank u very much GM for showing the way".
Old 13th June 2014, 11:55   #15
BHPian

Chevrolet Promise has been available since Chevy launched in India & as an owner of a 5+ year Aveo, we are very happy with it.

We bought the Aveo when Chevrolet Promise was included in the car cost & not sold separately as an optional add-on.

For first 3 years maintenance costs were limited only to consumables & even since maintenance costs have been reasonable & spares costs decent.

The only big expenditure I have incurred so far is a punctured radiator that cost me 20k to replace.

Yes this may be rebranding of the same scheme, but is still a very good scheme for Chevy buyers/owners.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks