Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2014, 23:52   #151
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRKHYD View Post
Being a Figo's user, I would have picked, either way .
Agreed. But also look at this way. I distinctly remember while on the hunt for a car, the Fiesta was on top of my list 2 years back. The diesel top end was quoted at 12.76 OTR Bangalore (I hope I remember correctly). Compare it against the offered price for the face lifted top end version: 11.45 (OTR Bangalore). Thats almost a whpping ~1.3L reduction and feature list beefed up even further.

As Vidd put it, the car has gone from being the costliest to the most VFM option. It would be interesting to see how Maruti prices the Ciaz/Alivio.

PS: I sincerely suspect Ford will hike prices in the coming months.

Last edited by ampere : 24th June 2014 at 00:11.
ampere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th June 2014, 00:12   #152
BHPian

A lot of people wanting the petrol fiesta, well if it was the Ecoboost I would agree. But the 1.5P is not the engine to be mated with this car, with the DCT the drive is comfortable but nothing awesome. If you really want a good petrol then look no further than the Honda City or the Vento TSI.
sansvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2014, 07:22   #153
BHPian

The new tweaked Fiesta screams VFM in my opinion.
The base variant which has the safety features (read airbags and ABS) is just around INR 9-9.5L.

Also, I checked the prices demanded for used Fiesta models. Many are demanding around INR 9-10L for the 2012-13 models. Current Fiesta
Owners who are looking to sell their cars lose a big chunk I guess.
vish_wagon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2014, 10:59   #154
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiya.c View Post
Is the 1.5 TDCI mill technically advanced than the 1.4 TDCI ? I just see the cc difference and the presence of an intercooler.
They're from the same family, code named "Tiger" by Ford, and were jointly developed by Peugeot-Citroën and Ford.

The architecture of both the 1.4 TDCi and 1.6 TDCi are basically the same. The 1.5 TDCi was derived from the 1.6 for markets like India (where engines that have a displacement of <= 1500cc attract lower taxes).

Last edited by RSR : 24th June 2014 at 11:00.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2014, 11:59   #155
Senior - BHPian

Lovely looking car. Checked it out last week at Elite Ford in ORR, Marathahalli. Car looks great but no matter how it is flavored, that rear seat is cramped for passenger space as well as knee room space.

Knowing the car is a good handler and has it's driving dynamics right (like the Linea), I was hoping the refresh would have also budgeted for an increase in passenger space as well, but sadly that isn't the case.

Being cheaper than the Linea, I would have definitely considered this (it is almost 33K cheaper), but that rear seat is a deal breaker.

Last edited by k_ajay : 24th June 2014 at 12:12.
Old 24th June 2014, 14:02   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinuak View Post
Test drove the car on Saturday at Metro Ford. The car is a real treat to look at from the front. I din't expect the front to look so slick and sexy in person. Overall a great design and pricing is spot on at 11.45 OTR, Bangalore,for the top end titanium. The best part is that, even the mid variant which is around 10.5 OTR has cruise control and most features. But once you step inside, the story is more or less the same. The front seats/space is comfortable and very driver oriented for you to find the best position for highways. But the back seat space, thigh support and angle of recline does not seem to have any improvement. I hope the pricing brings volumes to ford.
Sad that backseat has not been improved. Though I am not currently in the market for a C2 sedan but a poor backseat is certainly a deal breaker for me, esp when it as poor as the Fiesta. Its as if the interiors were designed with focus only on the front and designer lost interested when he got to the back.

Not a iota of doubt in my mind that the facelift certainly makes it the best looking C2 sedan. Design is in keeping with FOrd's intl strategy. One of the biggest transformations that Ford has undergone internationally over the last 5-7 yrs has been on the design front which certainly differentiates them even in crowded markets like US. Ecosport and New Fiesta are the examples in India. Figo and Fiesta classis are prev generation designs being sold.
Old 24th June 2014, 15:16   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiya.c View Post
Yes it's the Fiesta Classic. I did not go for a dyno but the ride is punchier and 0 to 100 km/h has improved a lot. As per the tuners it should be churning out around 88-90 bhps at 4000 rpm and 195-200 Nm of torque at 2000 rpm
The new Fiesta is already delivering that kind of power and tourque, if remapped, it can deliver ~115 bhp and 250 Nm, just my vague assumption. IMO, these figures are really good. Classic's smaller Turbo also has something to do with the higher end power delivery being short.
Linea on the other hand, well, I am no expert of this, but with a smaller displacement, should have its own limitations.
About refinement, I sincerely believe that Ford's TDCi mills are more refined than Fiat's Multijets, Hyundai's CRDi and Honda's iDtec, VW's 1.6 TDi is the least refined in this class IMO.
Old 24th June 2014, 16:06   #158
BHPian

They are showing ESP feature in their website. Is it really available or a bad portal management from Ford?
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-fsta.jpg  

Last edited by sudeep.pandya : 24th June 2014 at 16:11.
Old 24th June 2014, 16:52   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Linea on the other hand, well, I am no expert of this, but with a smaller displacement, should have its own limitations.
Just to put the things in perspective mate, 16 Valve DOHC engine in way better than 8 Valve SOHC engine any day. So displacement alone is not a factor. Please refer to http://www.samarins.com/glossary/dohc.html and http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...c-vs-dohc.html.

Quote:
About refinement, I sincerely believe that Ford's TDCi mills are more refined than Fiat's Multijets, Hyundai's CRDi and Honda's iDtec, VW's 1.6 TDi is the least refined in this class IMO.
Hyundai makes the most refined diesel mills in India, period. I am telling you this after clocking a TDCI for 30Kkms, Mjd for 20K+ Kms and around 10Ks in CRDI.
linuxmanju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th June 2014, 19:15   #160
BHPian

The 360 degree view (interiors) on the website shows an Automatic car!
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-ford-fiesta.png  

nvramsub is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th June 2014, 22:08   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvramsub View Post
Good catch! We pointed this out to Ford officials and they sheepishly explained that the global 360 view was only available on an AT!

Last edited by GTO : 25th June 2014 at 15:55. Reason: Quoted post on the way to being deleted
Old 24th June 2014, 22:43   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Deal breaker for me:
2. Better coverage of Service Centres for Ford vs Fiat.
+ spare parts availability seems to be an issue with Fiat these day. My Neighbors car is at the service station for 3-4 days when it goes in for a regular service due to non-availability of certain parts. Its been 2 times in the last 6 months I noticed this fact.
Old 24th June 2014, 23:28   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Good catch! We pointed this out to Ford officials and they sheepishly explained that the global 360 view was only available on an AT!
Hmm.. funny. Global models with a right hand drive are sold in a few countries. Of these, UK, Australia get very different ICE units, while some of the Asian countries seem to get something similar. Their interior colors seem to be different though. Someone must be spending a lot of time in photoshop.

It is a pity that other Asian countries get an Ecoboost/AT combo, but not India.
nvramsub is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 07:55   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep.pandya View Post
They are showing ESP feature in their website. Is it really available or a bad portal management from Ford?
Ford offers ESP on the Eco sport 1.5 L Petrol automatic only. Hence i guess Ford must have had plans to bring the same on the Fiesta 2014 and made it so on the website. But later decided to go with only diesel for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvramsub View Post
Does this prove that after the initial launch, Ford might infact come up with the Auto gearbox.
Old 25th June 2014, 09:36   #165
BHPian

The new styling plus the price correction has surely made the Fiesta a value for money proposition. The car was already capable as far as the mechanical aspects are concerned. IMO, the new Fiesta has arguably the best looking front among its competitors. Add to it the new color option and second glances are guaranteed!

Will definitely consider this when I'm in the hunt for a sedan upgrade. Tough decision between the Linea, Vento, City and now Fiesta (Somehow, I don't find the Verna very appealing. Need to drive one extensively maybe )

Most Viewed