Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2014, 09:56   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
Ford offers ESP on the Eco sport 1.5 L Petrol automatic only. Hence i guess Ford must have had plans to bring the same on the Fiesta 2014 and made it so on the website. But later decided to go with only diesel for now.
ESP came standard with the fully loaded 1.5 petrol AT pre-facelift Fiesta along with leather seats. The facelift gets neither of these.

Quote:
Does this prove that after the initial launch, Ford might infact come up with the Auto gearbox.
. We can dream eh? But no...the DCT box can't be mated to the TDCi engine because of torque limitations. And Ford have clearly ruled out launching a petrol Fiesta in the near future.

Last edited by GTO : 25th June 2014 at 15:56. Reason: Merging back to back posts :)
noopster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 10:15   #167
BHPian

Re: New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Prices are quite shocking. It's almost a lakh down on the outgoing Fiesta. Suddenly it is the cheapest C2 segment car from being the most expensive!
It makes me think how deliciously VFM the upcoming Ford Figo sedan will have to be, since Ford will like to classify it as a segment below the Fiesta. Considering how little space the Fiesta has, the Figo sedan looks like a very interesting prospect if you don't need the extra boot space.
guptad42 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 11:26   #168
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014?

Quote:
Originally Posted by guptad42 View Post
It makes me think how deliciously VFM the upcoming Ford Figo sedan will have to be, since Ford will like to classify it as a segment below the Fiesta. Considering how little space the Fiesta has, the Figo sedan looks like a very interesting prospect if you don't need the extra boot space.
Couldnt agree more with you. I have a figo and I have tried the fiesta rear seat multiple times. Figo's rear seat is miles ahead of Fiesta and that's what really makes me go . How can a company doing so well on one product totally screw it up on another. Or maybe in a global world its different teams doing design who dont share learnings with each other, which is not a very uncommon scenario.

Got to give credit to Honda for this, interior packaging is spot on in all products and all generations as well.
Old 25th June 2014, 14:01   #169
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Very nice facelift indeed! The replacement of the smiling grille with this one has done a lot of changes to the character of the car. I have not yet seen one in flesh (even though my office is above Planet Ford), but I can say they have got this one right; everything from the pricing to the looks to the interiors. Lack of a petrol engine is not really ok I feel; for people like me whose monthly running is ~300-400kms only; a petrol engine would have made just perfect sense. Apart from this nitpick, I don't really find any cause to complain, and I just loved the car in the pictures!

When I buy a sedan in future, I will surely consider this car in my list now. 5 * rating for the detailed review as well.
W.A.G.7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 20:56   #170
BHPian

The rear looks more like Mondeo. The interiors not to my taste, I like plain but high quality interiors. Good work with the pricing though, hope it hits big. I'm still waiting for Mondeo, easily the best Diesel car I've driven.
Old 26th June 2014, 07:42   #171
BHPian

On paper the GC is just 156 mm. Surely not enough for our conditions. By the way, any idea about GC of the pre-facelift version & if it is same as the current one, are the owners ok with it? Ford, without any delay, must introduce the 1.0 ecoboost engine immediately. This will have many takers considering negligible price difference now between petrol & diesel.

Last edited by Chitta Pradhan : 26th June 2014 at 07:44.
Old 26th June 2014, 08:30   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
On paper the GC is just 156 mm. Surely not enough for our conditions. By the way, any idea about GC of the pre-facelift version & if it is same as the current one, are the owners ok with it?
With 4 people in the car and boot empty we took the Fiesta over a number of speedbreakers but none touched. Stiff suspension setup may have something to do with it. I don't think low GC is an issue here.
noopster is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 08:53   #173
Team-BHP Support

Right. On paper, a Rexton has more GC than the Fortuner, but we know the Rexton would be first to scrape.

Vid will be better to comment upon this, but I believe the GC (of the new Fiesta) will be better than the Figo.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 12:07   #174
BHPian

Haven't gone through the entire thread, but did anyone notice fuel tank capacity has gone down from 43 to just 40 litres. Maybe Ford was thinking that with the increased ARAI mileage (from 23.5 to 25 kmpl) they can do with a smaller fuel tank. Even the Figo has a 45 litre fuel tank, though has an ARAI certified mileage of around 20 kmpl only.

I am not clear on which versions get Bluetooth telephony, is it only the Titanium variant with Sync/Voice Assist or do the other two variants (either or both) also get it??
Old 26th June 2014, 12:24   #175
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
On paper the GC is just 156 mm. Surely not enough for our conditions. By the way, any idea about GC of the pre-facelift version & if it is same as the current one, are the owners ok with it? Ford, without any delay, must introduce the 1.0 ecoboost engine immediately. This will have many takers considering negligible price difference now between petrol & diesel.
On paper it is 156mm for the Fiesta and on paper it is 175mm for the Altis. Yet the Altis would have scraped the same speed breakers that we drove the Fiesta over.

Ground clearance is defined as the lowest point in the underbody. Generally it could be the front wind deflector or one of the suspension arms.

These will never scrape. What scrapes is the centre of the underbody which is never the lowest point in the under body. The Fiesta has a stiff suspension setup and it is raised up for our roads.

As noopster mentioned in our car there were 4 adults throughout and 3 of us were nowhere close to being called light weight.

Even with all 4 of us and not really slowing down as much as needed for massive speed breakers, we did not scrape the car even once. Mind you I am talking about Bangalore speed breakers that too on Bangalore mysore stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie007 View Post
I am not clear on which versions get Bluetooth telephony, is it only the Titanium variant with Sync/Voice Assist or do the other two variants (either or both) also get it??
It looks like Trend and Titanium variants get bluetooth whereas only the Titanium variant gets SYNC. This should be similar to Ecosport in which Trend had audio system with bluetooth but no SYNC.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 26th June 2014 at 13:24. Reason: fixing the mistake.
Vid6639 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 13:08   #176
BHPian

Quote:
It looks like Trend and Titanium variants get bluetooth whereas only the Titanium variant gets SYNC. This should be similar to Ecosport in which Trend had audio system with bluetooth but no SYNC.
Ford should definitely advertise in a better way. In the specs sheet (on the website & in the brochure), Bluetooth telephony is not mentioned. Though it is mentioned in some other section, but if someone is just going through the Specifications sheet, s/he will be confused.

Website Specifications sheet: http://www.india.ford.com/cars/fiest...ions/spec-data

Brochure: Downloadable from website: No mention in In Car Entertainment (ICE) or Comfort & Convenience sections.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 26th June 2014 at 13:24.
Old 26th June 2014, 13:19   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Vid I was of the opinion the ambiente does not get any sort of ICE let alone Bluetooth. Only the trend should have bluetooth but some SA's are even denying that. It would be great if anyone can confirm this as this is a vital feature these days.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 26th June 2014 at 13:25. Reason: fixed the mistake. Thanks.!
ToyotaFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 13:23   #178
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
Vid I was of the opinion the ambiente does not get any sort of ICE let alone Bluetooth. Only the trend should have bluetooth but some SA's are even denying that. It would be great if anyone can confirm this as this is a vital feature these days.
I just checked the brochure. You are right. my bad. Only the Trend has audio system but no SYNC. Now I am not even sure about the BT part although Trend has steering mounted audio controls.

ps: editing my older post so as to not cause confusion.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 16:10   #179
Senior - BHPian

I checked out the Trend, the Phone button worked as the Mute and the steering controls didnt have the call buttons either. I assume the BT is there only in Titanium.

Quote:
anachronix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 16:43   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
I checked out the Trend, the Phone button worked as the Mute and the steering controls didnt have the call buttons either. I assume the BT is there only in Titanium.
Yes. I too have checked it in Trend and there is no BT. I posted the same.

Refer:http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3461114

Most Viewed