Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2014, 17:04   #271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
My only worry with this device was static and bigger problem was noise cancellation. Since it has it's own mic on the small device but for the other side's audio it uses aux to connect to HU, where is the noise cancellation coming from? There must be solid echo on other side.
No echo at the other side. Just slightly muddied voice.
This device allows you to change tracks it has buttons and is a zillion times more convinient then plugging into aux directly.

Last edited by aseem : 16th July 2014 at 17:05.
Old 16th July 2014, 17:45   #272
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
Hey vid how is the call quality in the Ecosport's OEM HU and where's the mic placed?
Mic is placed on the roof next to the map lights. Call quality is excellent. No echo and it's really crisp for both sides.
Old 20th July 2014, 21:26   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
Got a chance to test drive the Fiesta today at Lathangi Ford.
-I am 6'0 and the seat adjusted to my driving position, i could sit behind comfortably without my knees touching the front seat. The rear scooped out area on the front seat definitely gives that bit more space. My dad, who's a bit shorter than me was comfortable. However, space is for sure at a premium when compared to the likes of the City/Scala/Sunny and honestly, doesn't feel that bigger than our Getz. Also, the 5th passenger will definitely be uncomfortable over long distances.
soon!
Thanks for the nice note! So the seating suggests that 2 six footers sitting back to back will be uncomfortable?
gopa99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 23:11   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopa99 View Post
Thanks for the nice note! So the seating suggests that 2 six footers sitting back to back will be uncomfortable?
Two six footers back to back will definitely be a squeeze. The lack of space will be highlighted even more when there's a 5th passenger on board. The seats are quite accommodating and comfortable though!
Porschefire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 09:18   #275
BHPian

Happy to be joining the club of Fiesta owners.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-img_20140719_234525.jpg  

nvramsub is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 18:42   #276
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations, looks fabulous!
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 18:44   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvramsub View Post
Happy to be joining the club of Fiesta owners.
Congratz on the awesome purchase buddy
RiGOD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2014, 00:05   #278
BHPian

One of my colleagues enquired at Cochin and was told that the wait time is 1 year! What is the waiting period quoted for this car in other places?
Old 27th July 2014, 11:18   #279
vdi
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y448 View Post
One of my colleagues enquired at Cochin and was told that the wait time is 1 year! What is the waiting period quoted for this car in other places?
Kairali Ford sales guy is saying that they would be getting only 10 to 12 cars in a year. Need to check with Malayalam Ford.
Old 27th July 2014, 12:43   #280
BHPian

Hey vid, I have few questions for you as I am very much looking into buying fiesta.
1: ford is saying that the art I dynamic nature helps them achieving greater fuel efficiency. Now having said that, how will be the fuel efficiency in city driving where there is hardly usage of aero dynamic nature of car like in delhi traffic?
2: I drove city and ford back to back and found fiesta more powerful than honda. Please let me know is it same with your experience also. I know on papers honda have 10 bhp more.
3: do I have yo wait for Golden brown color? Have you seen that in real.
Old 28th July 2014, 19:56   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudharysaab View Post
1: ford is saying that the art I dynamic nature helps them achieving greater fuel efficiency. Now having said that, how will be the fuel efficiency in city driving where there is hardly usage of aero dynamic nature of car like in delhi traffic?
1. You are probably right.. it won't affect much in city traffic. In my new car (still around 350 kms on odo), the avg. fuel efficiency figures showed a big jump after I took it on a drive on the NICE road (highway) where I consistently was hitting 80-90 kmph. Avg was around 14 kmpl before the drive and went up to 15.5 kmpl after that drive, and has stayed around that mark since then. Highway drive was about 40 kms, and have driven the car in city for about 30 kms post that. Given this, I think the fuel efficiency on highway was way higher.

Still not calculated efficiency by the full-tank method. Will post soon after I go for my next refill.
Old 28th July 2014, 20:42   #282
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudharysaab View Post
Hey vid, I have few questions for you as I am very much looking into buying fiesta.
2: I drove city and ford back to back and found fiesta more powerful than honda. Please let me know is it same with your experience also. I know on papers honda have 10 bhp more.
3: do I have yo wait for Golden brown color? Have you seen that in real.
The ARAI fuel efficiency is based on city + highway so the aero package will mostly affect highway figure as you rightly pointed out.

1. They surely have done some minor tuning to the motor to improve the FE. That said, the Ford being heavy will never deliver the FE the City manages. It should be hovering around 14-16kmpl in city traffic.

2. The City engine actually has the better performance vs the Fiesta and both have brilliantly matched gear ratios for city driving. I am guessing the fiesta has slightly lesser lag vs the City which makes it feel peppier but on paper and in real world it's the City that will outrun the Fiesta.

3. YES!! The Golden bronze colour is absolutely brilliant to look at. That or the new Smoke Grey. These 2 new colours really make the Fiesta stand apart from the older car.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2014, 18:14   #283
BHPian

Went to pick up Figo after 40000 kms service from Metro Ford in St Marks Road, Bangalore. Saw a lone white 2014 Fiesta TD vehicle. As there were no other people in line for TD, i got the chance immediately. Took it for a TD immediately. Few things which i observed.

What I liked:

1. Extremely silent for a diesel. Maybe because I drive a Figo TDCI. Still NVH levels were very low.
2. AC chilling capacity is good. Today being a little on sunnier side plus vehicle parked outside. AC was able to chill the cabin in no time.
3. Extremely slick gear shifts.
4. Very good ride quality. Was able to drive over few potholes and it absorbed them very well.
5. Good feedback from the steering wheel. Ford's driving USP is well preserved.
6. Was able to brake suddenly from 60+ and i liked the way car stayed in straight line. Im not sure if it was the right speed to check.
7. Clutch is very light for a diesel. I felt its lighter than my Figo.
8. Lot of electronic gizmos to play around. Again maybe because im a plain Figo user.
9. Absolutely no turbo lag. Power delivery was linear. I was able to test since today was a holiday, very minimal traffic, and drove around the Porsche showroom near St Marks Road.

What I didnt like:

1. Felt the overall road view was less compared to Figo. Maybe seat height needed to adjusted.
2. Reverse parking was little difficult. Reverse camera is a must i guess.
3. Rear seat knee space. This is a widely spoken one.

Waiting period:

I did enquire about the waiting period and its given below.

White - 1 Month
Silver - 2 months
Golden Brown - Not before Dec 2014.

Attaching the price sheet which was given to me (Bangalore rates)
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-wp_20140729_001.jpg  

kiran_cr is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 30th July 2014, 10:21   #284
BHPian

Checked with lathangi ford in JP.Nagar and in Elite Ford in Marathalli. They have white colour available immediately for all 3 variants while for the others you might have to wait for 2-3 months.

I have fallen for this car from the time I had taken it for a test drive. Just wanted to check with few things before booking one.

1)are there any projectors after market unit for this car?
2) Is there any other alternative for the audio system except for van from mapmyindia and caska ? is the sony system which are given in foreign fiesta's available in india ?
Old 30th July 2014, 13:28   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakshman1067 View Post
I have fallen for this car from the time I had taken it for a test drive. Just wanted to check with few things before booking one.

1)are there any projectors after market unit for this car?
2) Is there any other alternative for the audio system except for van from mapmyindia and caska ? is the sony system which are given in foreign fiesta's available in india ?
Go for it!

You can retrofit projectors onto any car these days
Not sure if it will be easy to source the system from a foreign Fiesta, but ought to be do-able

Cheers!
IshaanIan is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks