Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2014, 15:17   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Here's the brochure (courtesy Motorbeam), explaining the features of all 3 variants.
From this list, the MID is a serious omission.

A car almost costing close to a million without MID. I think that is a glaring mistake!!

Last edited by Vid6639 : 19th June 2014 at 16:02.
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2014, 15:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

The fuel computer listed in the brochure is the MID. Its available only on the Titanium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
From this list, the MID is a serious omission.

A car almost costing close to a million without MID. I think that is a glaring mistake!!
anachronix is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2014, 15:31   #18
Senior - BHPian

Wow. Nice price and the new front end gives it a much sharper look. The brown car looks stunning. Well done Ford.

Hinges that continue to stick out, not so nice.

Active safety equipment offered across all variants, very good move.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 19th June 2014 at 15:36.
Old 19th June 2014, 15:50   #19
BHPian

Ford has priced the face-lifted Fiesta very competitively (that's expected as they should have learnt their lesson from the 2nd gen Fiesta). Nevertheless, I somehow feel that's not enough looking at the competition from Japanese, German and specially Korean siblings in its segment. Looking at performance, 91 ps and 20.1 Kgm of torque feels quite substandard compared to 128 ps and 26 Kgm of torque from Verna. Also, no petrol will pull back the sales. I wonder why they did not introduce the 1.0 Lt Ecoboost engine as it would be of great value to its sales figures!
nerd1200 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2014, 15:51   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
The fuel computer listed in the brochure is the MID. Its available only on the Titanium.
Exactly my point. Why limit the MID to only the top variant.

MID i becoming the norm and Verna and City have MIDs in even the mid variants.

Fiesta Ambiente should have been loaded with the MID considering that it will retail at close to Rs. 10 lacs on road.
Old 19th June 2014, 16:27   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Difference between Trend & Titanium

So what does Trend lose against Titanium at a price Difference of Rs. 75,000/- (9.29L - 8.55L)?
  1. Chrome Waistline Moulding
  2. Auto Headlamps
  3. Fog lamps
  4. Puddle Lamps
  5. ORVM Electrically foldable
  6. Digital Clock
  7. Distance to Empty
  8. Fuel computer
  9. Reverse Parking sensors
  10. Ambient Lighting
  11. Rain Sensing Wipers
  12. Alloy wheels
  13. Centre Console finish - Metallic Painted 'Castro Silver' Vs Metallic Painted 'Royal Black' (Titanium)
  14. Inside door Pull handles - Metallic Painted 'Castro Silver' Vs Metallic Painted 'Royal Black' (Titanium)
For a normal customer, the Trend itself will make a good case. For the gimmicky customer, Titanium. In fact there is nothing I would miss other than the MID (But yes, that's a deal breaker for me ).

Edit:: If someone could get & post a pic of the Trend variant console, it would be great.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 19th June 2014 at 16:30. Reason: Added "Edit" portion
swiftnfurious is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th June 2014, 16:28   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Price comparison between the new Fiesta and it's closest competitors:

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-comparo.gif

Last edited by Vid6639 : 19th June 2014 at 18:35. Reason: Added Rapid & EcoSport prices.
RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 19th June 2014, 16:59   #23
BHPian

While the pricing is good and all, they will get the volumes in India, only if they reduce their exports and sell more in India. Else it will almost sell a fixed amount of units a month like the Ecosport.

Ford needs to get its selling strategy in India right and not have waiting periods of several months as is the case with Ecosport
Old 19th June 2014, 17:30   #24
Team-BHP Support

Re: New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014 *EDIT* Now launched @ 7.69 lakhs

Decent pricing, but they should have included a titanium+ variant with equipment levels similar to that of the Ecosport top variant (i.e.; with 6 airbags, leather seats etc.)

If this was the pricing at the initial launch, this car would have been a blockbuster then!
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2014, 17:38   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

It's a shocker to be able to price the Fiesta so close to the Ecosport. Would be interesting to see if buyers move from Ecosport to Fiesta.

Pricing fiasco - Fixed.
Where's the Marketing team which worked overtime in the social media for the Ecosport and Figo?
kiku007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2014, 17:53   #26
Senior - BHPian

We have the New Fiesta T+ model, I am sure that if Ford has reduced prices, they have managed to modfiy the body in white of this car too. The one Ford strategy was a disaster in terms of sales, I am sure like the EcoSport the changes would result in a less safer car, but its a business after all and the customers who like bling outnumber those who might want safety features.

The TDCi mill is much better than either the VW or Honda diesel in terms of refinement. Long distance cruising comes without tractor like noises in the cabin, Ford had got the insulation and NVH right, wonder what corners they have cut this time around.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2014, 17:59   #27
Senior - BHPian

Ford has given itself a second chance if I can say so.
The big 'but' being , what if they pull off a EcoSport with this? A repeat of what happened in regards to price increase and more of exports?

Being just a facelift, there may not be a huge rush like for the Ecosport., but I can see many informed buyers lining up and I would do too if I was in for a upgrade.
Old 19th June 2014, 18:16   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
Wow great pricing. I wish they mate a DCT gear box to the diesel mill. If that's priced well, it's sure to blow the competition away.
Not happening. The DCT box is only mated to petrol engine even in the old Fiesta probably because of torque handling limitations. We thought the time was ripe for a 1.0L EcoBoost plus DCT combo but Ford has pretty much ruled this out and is focusing on the diesel alone in this segment.
Old 19th June 2014, 18:21   #29
BHPian

I think Ford has some hidden sales plan by not launching the Petrol variant... either they are not prepared with testing the Ecoboost engine on Fiesta or may want to launch it later with more testing or petrol-engine options. Ecoboost engine would certainly push the price up and would push the petrol model into diesel territory. The 1.5 engine didn't strike a chord, so I guess Ford didn't take the pain to get that out in this upgrade.
Another BIG reason maybe is the Govt is contemplating deregulating diesel prices, so Ford wants to sell as many diesel before the deregulation kicks in. After that petrol-diesel vehicles will have to be priced similar, so Ford wants to delay and wait launching the petrol variants !

But imagine if a 1.5 or a 1.6 petrol was thrown in, and starting price under 7lakhs... WOW I'd have been at the dealer rather than writing my comment here

As a 1.6S owner, if u ask me if I'd upgrade... definitely YES if there was a petrol 1.6 in the current one. I had driven the earlier upgrade (bot petrol and diesel motors) but didn't feel the urge that time, I guess it stays the same again. I feel Ford is the looser here !
Old 19th June 2014, 18:30   #30
BHPian

I hope Ford hasn't degraded the quality of the car to reduce the price. How I wish that my Ecosport had better quality plastics, fabric and other materials for about 1L more. This should sell volumes, but for the mass market, there was always the DZire. Indian auto industry is moving en-bloc towards VFM.

Most Viewed