Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2014, 13:21   #286
BHPian

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

After having owned an Ikon 1.6 and a Fiesta S, I can vouch for the performance and safety of Ford cars. The diesel engine of the new Fiesta is far more responsive than that of the Honda City/Amaze or the VW Vento despite having lesser horses. That said, where the new Fiesta fails is insufficient leg room for the rear passengers. This has been a deal breaker for many potential buyers.
Old 1st August 2014, 13:33   #287
BHPian

Just went through a comparison report from zigwheels. Not surprised, but annoyed to see the skewed verdict. Anyone with a bit of sense can easily see what their team is up to.

The tactic they use is usually this. Make a false impression that you are actually making objective comparison but when the opportunity presents itself, prioritize in a convenient way. For e.g., they say City engine scores over Fiesta's because apparently the power is more linear and gear ratios are better. They do mention that Honda is the noisiest but Fiesta is much more refined. So, how on earth can Honda score over Fiesta. To be precise, why do they assume that feature A is more important than feature B - my common sense says that engine refinement is as important as anything else in a car.

To quote their verdict:

"The new Honda City remains the best buy in this class of diesel sedans. As our ratings reveal, the Honda is ahead of the competition on nearly every front. It isn’t as dynamically sound as the other two cars and it is more expensive, but for a car meant for city use and the occasional highway outing, it has space, comfort, equipment and fuel efficiency loaded in its favour."

Now why on earth would they say the car is meant for city use only? Again, their tactic is glaring - to sound as if you are being unbiased, even spell out the negatives in City, but in the end say that what really matters is available in your favorite car and nothing else matters.
prakash_ajp is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st August 2014, 13:51   #288
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
Just went through a comparison report from zigwheels. Not surprised, but annoyed to see the skewed verdict. Anyone with a bit of sense can easily see what their team is up to.

-------------SNIP--------------

but in the end say that what really matters is available in your favorite car and nothing else matters.

Haha, I know what you are talking about. I stopped reading most car reviews online and have never bought any auto magazine after 2004!

I had a strong feeling at most of them being 'sponsored' or least to be 'skewed or twisted'. This week I was at an acquaintance's place and had a popular car mag on the table. I picked it up and what I saw was totally ridiculous. It carried a comparison report of a hatchback to an SUV !!! WHY? What for? And what does it serve? I shook my head in disbelief and placed the mag back where it belonged: under the table...away from sight.

My only suggestion to people who read auto mags - Use them as a drunkard uses a lampost for: only for support; not illumination. Get the basic facts from the report and draw your own conclusions.

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2014, 14:04   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
That said, the Ford being heavy will never deliver the FE the City manages.
I was going through the City review and noticed this
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-2014-honda-city-specifications-1.jpeg

Is the Fiesta the lightest car in segment ? I checked the Fiesta after having looked at the Jetta and for a C2 segment sedan, the build quality was excellent. In comparison the City felt marginally better than my Swift,nowhere near the Fiesta. Could you clarify
Old 2nd August 2014, 08:20   #290
BHPian

Fiesta is another tank in the segment. They have done a fabulous job with the boron steel and with the aerodynamics of the car because of which it still manages an ARAI of 25km which is amazing.I usually understand the build quality of the car by the way doors shut and by lifting the bonnet. I personally felt Honda city felt ultra light while lifting the hood, probably would say it was close swift and micra (a segment below).

As far as the performance in concerned I would say the car has enough juice for the city and highway driving.

Mod Note : Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by moralfibre : 2nd August 2014 at 11:36.
Old 2nd August 2014, 10:41   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakshman1067 View Post
2) Is there any other alternative for the audio system except for van from mapmyindia and caska ? is the sony system which are given in foreign fiesta's available in india ?
Here is one such mod which I saw yesterday in a wheel alignment center. Though this one is done on an ecosports, I am assuming it should work for new fiesta as well.

Name:  ForumRunner_20140802_103951.png
Views: 5302
Size:  458.2 KB

Quote:
As far as the performance in concerned I would say the car has enough juice for the city and highway driving, But It does run out breath at 160.
Which runs out of breath at 160?, Fiesta or i-DTEC, confused.

Quote:
Last night a honda city i-Dtec driver(a heavy footer) trying to show off his new car could not beat me driving a figo over the electronic city flyover. it took him +3.5 mins to cross the bridge while I was waiting for him parked near the toll end. So I would suggest not to go by the figures in the paper but feel it in person.
Or may be, that guy thought the better of it. I have driven both (Figo and i-DTEC) on long highway trips and I fully agree with vid's statement.

With immaculate handling of Figo, Its a different story on a winding road though .

Last edited by linuxmanju : 2nd August 2014 at 10:54.
linuxmanju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2014, 17:49   #292
BANNED

I think city i-DTEC engines are limited to top speed of 140KMPH from factory .
Old 2nd August 2014, 18:51   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
I think city i-DTEC engines are limited to top speed of 140KMPH from factory .
Correction, it is electronically limited to 140 only in Amaze, and it doesn't run out of breath more than any other diesel in the segment to be honest.
Old 17th August 2014, 22:55   #294
BHPian

Went to metro ford today and came across something. Looks like the titanium version has the silver plated headlamps while trend and ambient have smoked ones. has any one noticed this one ?
Old 18th August 2014, 08:19   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Went to metro ford today and came across something. Looks like the titanium version has the silver plated headlamps while trend and ambient have smoked ones. has any one noticed this one ?
Yes, the smoked lamps good very good. Especially on the white.

Here are the pics that was posted earlier. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3468365
Old 18th August 2014, 18:51   #296
BHPian

I have booked the Ford Fiesta Titanium smoke grey colour at Planet Ford Pune.
Getting the delivery of the Vehicle on 25th Aug 2014. Will post pics as soon as possible. I plan to get the following accessories/modifications.

Please advise :
1. Armrest for the driver (Original ford Accessory)
2. Illuminated Gear Knob (Original ford Accessory)
3. Door Weathersheild, Slimline (Original ford Accessory)
4. Rear view camera. (Aftermarket )
5. Bi xenon Projector lamps (Aftermarket )
6. Audi Type DRL (Aftermarket )

advice regarding the brands of projector, rear view camera and Drl and shops in Pune i should get them fitted from?

Recommendation / advise required regarding underbody lighting. I have blue lights on my ford Ikon presently. i like the look but would like a second opinion whether to do it on not.

Thankyou.
Old 18th August 2014, 19:35   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
Please advise :
1. Armrest for the driver (Original ford Accessory)
2. Illuminated Gear Knob (Original ford Accessory)
3. Door Weathersheild, Slimline (Original ford Accessory)
4. Rear view camera. (Aftermarket )
5. Bi xenon Projector lamps (Aftermarket )
6. Audi Type DRL (Aftermarket )

Thankyou.
I will advice you not to change much electrical parts for few months or a year. You will loose the warranty !
Old 18th August 2014, 20:51   #298
BHPian

Thankyou for your suggestions. but i guess projector setup does not void warranty? if it does i will skip that if not please advise a good workshop in pune to get it done.
Old 18th August 2014, 21:30   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
Thankyou for your suggestions. but i guess projector setup does not void warranty? if it does i will skip that if not please advise a good workshop in pune to get it done.
Swapping head lamps with aftermarket projector ones or adding projectors to existing housings, in either case I think your warranty will be adversely effected. Usually even a plug and play HU which is not approved voids warranty.
Old 19th August 2014, 09:54   #300
Distinguished - BHPian

Going but please don't mess with stock headlamps unless you are prepared to invest big money in quality stuff like Morimoto. No-name Chinese projectors retrofitted into the car's OE housing is no good (trust me, I have tried it on my Vento and reverted to stock!) and the quality is abysmal.

You are better off upgrading the lamps to Osram nightbreakers or upping the wattage. In the case of the Fiesta I think the stock lamps do the job pretty well so I wouldn't bother fixing what ain't broke.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed