Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2014, 18:47   #301
BHPian

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Thankyou for your advise i am not considering chinese brands. I was recommended Genome-group for projectors and drl by Bafna Motors Pune
Morimottos are way above my budget. feed back on quality of genome group would be highly appreciated
Old 26th August 2014, 04:51   #302
BHPian

Read the official review again and wanted to point out a few things that have been incorrectly mentioned. These are my observations based on owning and driving it for a month.

1. The Fiesta has a real time fuel efficiency meter which shoes up only when the car is moving.
2. The air con remains in recirculation mode only if you have stopped for a short period. On the other hand, if you have switched off the engine for long, it gets turned off. Irritating.
3. While you can turn the rain sensing wiper on and off from the vehicle settings, you can also specifically operate in this mode by using the wiper stalk. If you leave the wiper stalk at one step counter clockwise from the off position and have switched on the rain sensing wiper in the settings, the wiper operates only when there is rain.
nvramsub is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 06:25   #303
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvramsub View Post
1. The Fiesta has a real time fuel efficiency meter which shoes up only when the car is moving.
Thanks for that feedback, particularly the real-time fuel economy indicator. Does this look and behave the same as the one in the EcoSport?
Old 26th August 2014, 14:35   #304
Senior - BHPian

Yet to see even a single Fiesta facelift here in thane!!

Also, Ford seems to have lost the plot mid way by not advertising the Fiesta and with a flurry of launches Zest/Ciaz/Xcent etc, the Fiesta "Carnival" may be over before it started!!
Old 30th August 2014, 16:43   #305
BHPian

Took the delivery of my fiesta from planet ford Pune. Good experience because of Mr Ojas and Mr Roshan. Tge pic quality not good as it was raining and pics taken by a mobile cam. Got the vehicle registerd at Raigad MH06. Completed 500kms in 3 days.
I am satisfied with the vehicle. Handles beautifully.fun to drive on the express highway.

Ford owners please recommend the application i need to download on my android for the app sync to work.
Thankyou
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-img20140823wa0033.jpg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-img20140823wa0032.jpg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-img20140823wa0031.jpg  

architkarpe is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 00:22   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
Took the delivery of my fiesta from planet ford Pune. Good experience because of Mr Ojas and Mr Roshan. Tge pic quality not good as it was raining and pics taken by a mobile cam. Got the vehicle registerd at Raigad MH06. Completed 500kms in 3 days.
I am satisfied with the vehicle. Handles beautifully.fun to drive on the express highway.

Ford owners please recommend the application i need to download on my android for the app sync to work.
Thankyou
Congratulations architkarpe ! May it serve you well for years to come...

The new fiesta was on top of my list while I was in the market a couple of months ago. Just for the way it handles, fabulous steering feedback & gorgeous front three quarter !!

Alas I had to drop it due to its infamous cramped rear seats, I have a Punto too which suffers from the same issue. Could not convince my family again

Anyways Happy mile crunching ! How about an initial ownership review with loads of pics ?
Old 3rd September 2014, 10:34   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats. Is it Smoke Grey? If yes, this is a "same pinch".

Have a great and safe drive. I am sure you will enjoy it everytime you take it out.
Old 11th September 2014, 17:54   #308
e46
BHPian

I find it strange to not find find enough facelifted Fiestas on the road, its been pretty long since it got available with dealers. I would love to see this car in White, grey and black.

Quote:
Took the delivery of my fiesta from planet ford Pune....
Congrats Archit! You owe us more pics of the car along with a review. PLease make it quick!

Abhi
Old 11th September 2014, 18:22   #309
Senior - BHPian

Tried with a few dealers in Delhi and none offered a good deal on the Fiesta. Though the car is competitively priced, it has not set the sales charts on fire so i was expecting a good deal on the car but came back disappointed.

I own a Vento and Ecosport, happy with both the cars and need a new car for my sister. She drove the Fiesta and was impressed, then drove the Rapid and was blown away by the 1.6 TDi, equally impressed with both the cars.

Dealers here are offering Trend model for 9.7-9.8 on road, just giving a 15,000 cash discount whereas Skoda is offering Rapid Elegance for just 9.6 with 4 year warranty. Totally confused, heart says Fiesta, mind says Rapid.
Ford dealers are not at all enthusiastic with the facelifted Fiesta, just received a low response from all the dealers.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 18:40   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Dealers here are offering Trend model for 9.7-9.8 on road, just giving a 15,000 cash discount whereas Skoda is offering Rapid Elegance for just 9.6 with 4 year warranty. Totally confused, heart says Fiesta, mind says Rapid.
Compare the parts cost too. As you are already having a FORD you must be knowing the avg service cost and parts cost.
Additionally I feel that the FORD service network is far better than a SKODA.
Old 11th September 2014, 19:19   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
Compare the parts cost too. As you are already having a FORD you must be knowing the avg service cost and parts cost.
Additionally I feel that the FORD service network is far better than a SKODA.
+1, the first service for our Ecosport costed just 2000 where as the same for Vento costed 9000 thanks to the synthetic oil VW uses. That is a four fold difference in service, also the after sales is miles better than VW group.

Fiesta does make a lot of sense, seems my sister is stung by the Rapid's torque surge and the perceived premium image Skoda has, need to convince her and seal the deal for a Trend Fiesta. Rapid is a great car no doubt but am myself uncomfortable going in for a Skoda product, their after sales is notches down over VW which is average to start with.
Old 11th September 2014, 19:25   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Tried with a few dealers in Delhi and none offered a good deal on the Fiesta. Though the car is competitively priced, it has not set the sales charts on fire so i was expecting a good deal on the car but came back disappointed.
I have been thinking about my next car already as my lease is getting over this November. I have kind of zeroed in on the Fiesta and just like you, I am (was?) hoping to get some good deals. Last week went to one of the nearby Ford dealer to check the car out and heard that that in entire Tamilnadu, dealers in only two cities have the car on display. So, it would appear that Ford is quite prepared to sell fewer cars and probably just happy to cash in on the Ecosport demand.

I am hoping that in next few months, there will be some better deals. But having said all that, I must admit that I am being greedy, because the car is already terrific value for money.
Old 11th September 2014, 22:30   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
I am hoping that in next few months, there will be some better deals. But having said all that, I must admit that I am being greedy, because the car is already terrific value for money.
Agree with you, at 10.6 on road Delhi for top model, it is a great value for money car as the top end comes with all the bells and whistles like cruise control, foldable mirrors, push button start, sync, etc and a special mention to those lovely front seats - the seats on the Fiesta are extraordinary.

Will visit the dealer on Sunday and seal the deal.
Old 15th September 2014, 21:20   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Thankyou for your advise i am not considering chinese brands. I was recommended Genome-group for projectors and drl by Bafna Motors Pune
Morimottos are way above my budget. feed back on quality of genome group would be highly appreciated
Have done the mods, Archit. The projectors and the head unit were few things even I was looking for.

Mod Note: Please take the time to punctuate your posts properly; otherwise it becomes an eyesore. Thanks!

Last edited by noopster : 16th September 2014 at 08:33. Reason: Mod note inline
Old 16th September 2014, 15:48   #315
BHPian

I went to Bhavna Ford Nerul yesterday again for a TD of new Fiesta since that was pending for almost two months now. Following are my humble observation though much has already been written.

1. They had a Trend variant on display in the showroom in Golden Bronze trim.

2. The TD vehicle though was fully loaded Titanium spec and seems to have been
spared abuse which regular TD vehicles have to go through.

3. Not that new Alloy's looks bad or something but in my personal opinion the old
set of alloy's looked more classy and I demanded the same from the sales guy
who will respond in some time.

4. Titanium comes with frabric seats and Bhavna is offering their own kit 17k which includes mud flaps etc. I asked the sales girl can I have exactly the same leather which you are offering in Ecosport option pack and answer was no.

5. In my opinion this car has the best Front seat and Dashboard design the Interiors looks even better few plastic apart this one will surely beat anyone
in the front layout with bucket seats and exciting design so surely the best driver
car at this price.

6. May be the car is not run much because I was pleasantly surprised by the smoothness of the engine and If I remember correctly was much smoother than
the one I tried in old model.

7. Being a Petrol head throughout my life, Took some time to understand gearing
though never felt considerable "lag" if kept in correct gearing I was fairly comfortable in fourth gear with city roads chugging at around 30-35k

8. Throttle response was another surprise and power was delivered when asked
I was honestly not expecting any such performance and had a nice grin on my
face. This surely is one the most understated Engine if you have one

9. Covered large stretch of broken road and some ugly speed breakers the car
did not give me much reason to be anxious the verdict is already out for the
ride and handling ability of the car and I can only hold another candle for it

10. The back seat debate can continue because being a six footer was not comfortable the moment I sat their but in my subsequent TD of Vento wondered
aloud why its not a deal break with Vento ?

The on Road price with Navi Mumbai registration is costing me around 11.53,000
with 17 K Kit which Bhavna ford is offering which includes 1 year extended warranty

Ecosport is 10 k lesser than Fiesta and I loose Push botton start, that got me bit confused and took the TD of Ecosport Titanium model as well and surely the Engine of this vehicle was acting like old grumpy men who has been summoned on sunday morning for a marathon

I would welcome suggestion about Why should I go for Ecosport and not fiesta
though Eco feels more Airy and spacious.

I told the sales girl that Ford must be more aggressive with the gem of a car and get the back seat issue sorted out ASAP though it will not be deal Breaker for me.
fight_club is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks