Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2014, 18:59   #31
BHPian

Re: New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014 *EDIT* Now launched @ 7.69 lakhs

Looks like a hit on the bulls eye, at-least on the pricing. Wish this could have been the strategy with pre-facelifted version.
Saw this car in person today, the new designed front bumper, grill and hood is mated seamlessly. The solid build is retained a pure European again. The five spoke star shaped alloy wheel is an attention grabber for sure, a well deserved one for a ten lakh car. The engine noise is very well filtered and in my opinion it is the best in class (I haven't been in Verna though). For me all distinctive changes are on the exterior front and the interior is done only with color changes.

Kudos to Ford on having ABS with EBD and airbag as a standard feature on all variants.

Wish other OEM's will follow the same in our country as well!

Cheers.
treadmark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2014, 19:41   #32
BHPian

Well done Ford. But I fear this car going the Jazz way (i.e. image of over priced car), hence doubt this face lift if going to do much to sales numbers. If they had the sense to, they could have face-lifted the car, yet made it look dramatically different. Just by introducing sharper lines to the headlamps. I don't know why it's headlamps are shaped like a eyes, complete with lashes going upwards ! If headlamps looked like Eco-sport's (like how they put them on the concept small sedan showcased at Auto Expo), this would looked stunning. Would have looked like a new car, and shed the over priced tag.
Old 19th June 2014, 20:07   #33
Senior - BHPian

I hear from my dealer that Ford is planning to ship only 10 cars per dealer PER MONTH!
anachronix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2014, 20:23   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
I hear from my dealer that Ford is planning to ship only 10 cars per dealer PER MONTH!
That's about 1.5K ish/month of sales or production. Under-estimated or realistic? Only sales will tell.

If I'm not wrong, blockbuster Ecosport is doing about 4K per month and Figo half of that. So that's kind of ok I would say.
kiku007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2014, 00:18   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazikon View Post
2014 Fiesta was launched with the EcoBoost petrol. It would have been a perfect enthusiast car. Hope Ford does consider launching the petrol version after the initial rush for diesels.
Ford India must be really counting on the Ambiente diesel's superb VFM price tag to bring some customers in, grab around 2000-2500 bookings, and wait till they can hike the Ambiente's price to nudge over 8 Lakhs by year-end. That's when we might get to see the 1.0L EcoBoost-powered Fiesta introduced at an introductory price of 6.99 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi. If they indeed do that, it would be smart pacing and positioning by Ford.

They might get rid of the 1.5L TI-VCT altogether, and build on the Fiesta's numbers through the TDCi & the EcoBoost. Should bring them the decent numbers they are aiming for. Even 1000-1500 per month from the Indian market, and 3000-3500 exports would make them very happy.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 20th June 2014 at 00:21.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2014, 01:29   #36
Senior - BHPian

Many are saying shocking pricing by ford. Instead, it was shocking pricing when it was launched. They merely corrected it.
I just love the front end. So astonish, so mustangish.
Old 20th June 2014, 01:54   #37
BHPian

Does anyone have any idea that the Mega Audio HU for the Eco sport can be fitted in the fiesta. If it can be fitted in the ambiente will it provide the features present in the sync. If anyone can also tell me the approximate cost it would be great. Considering the safety features present in this variant and HU added I don't see any major reason to go for titanium unlike ecosport.
Old 20th June 2014, 07:10   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Yes, this is very much true. I heard this couple of months back. Since the pricing is good, it might go the ecosport way.This will be there for couple of months only. Its to clear the ecosport backlogs. But I guess in couple of months, Fiesta bookings will/might create another backlog.
Old 20th June 2014, 08:35   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Not surprised. This could be another case (like the Ecosport) of giving priority to exports and release limited numbers to local market.
I don't think that should be the case because Fiesta is manufactured in many countries on all the continents. Europe wouldn't need this since Fiesta is manufactured in huge numbers at Germany, similarly Thailand, China and Vietnam numbers should cover rest of the Asia markets. On the other hand Ford themselves had claimed during launch that they are not looking at volumes from this model in India. Seems like the capacity planned by the company itself is less.

Cheers!
Old 20th June 2014, 09:40   #40
Senior - BHPian

Prices at 7.69 lacs may be sort of a misnomer as the staring prices Ex Showroom Mumbai is Rs. 8.02 lacs(i.e 5% more than the published 7.69 lacs) already!!
Old 20th June 2014, 10:30   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Prices at 7.69 lacs may be sort of a misnomer as the staring prices Ex Showroom Mumbai is Rs. 8.02 lacs(i.e 5% more than the published 7.69 lacs) already!!
I was about to say this. As per today's ToI paper front page advertisement by Ford (horrible horrible idea if you are reading this Ford, what were you thinking guys), the ex showroom starting price in Mumbai is 8.02 L
Old 20th June 2014, 10:51   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
I was about to say this. As per today's ToI paper front page advertisement by Ford (horrible horrible idea if you are reading this Ford, what were you thinking guys), the ex showroom starting price in Mumbai is 8.02 L
The prices are always Ex-showroom Delhi. Ex-Showroom Bangalore and Mumbai with Octroi will always be higher. There's no misnomer. No manufacturer advertises Ex-showroom Bangalore or Ex-showroom Mumbai with Octroi.

You can't blame the manufacturer, you have to blame the state that levies these additional taxes over and above.
Vid6639 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 20th June 2014, 11:08   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazikon View Post
2014 Fiesta was launched with the EcoBoost petrol. It would have been a perfect enthusiast car.
Maybe. However; I am not someone who will wait close to a year to get a Ecoboost powered Fiesta. There are a couple more interesting gasoline engines to choose.

Had swung by our pediatrician couple of days ago. There was a new Ecoboost EcoSport Titanium parked in his garage. The doc waited all of 9 months to get his car. Even today, shipment of Ecoboost variants are in the range of 20 cars a months, all dealers combined in my city. That is pathetic.

Ford's volume car is the Ecosport Tdci. There better not be any waiting period for the Fiesta Tdci.

Quote:
I believe VW had some sort of this mechanism at the time of their launch IIRC.
Mitsubishi did too.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 20th June 2014 at 11:30.
sandeepmohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2014, 11:25   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The prices are always Ex-showroom Delhi. Ex-Showroom Bangalore and Mumbai with Octroi will always be higher. There's no misnomer. No manufacturer advertises Ex-showroom Bangalore or Ex-showroom Mumbai with Octroi.

You can't blame the manufacturer, you have to blame the state that levies these additional taxes over and above.
Vidyut, agree with your point but then, with 8.02 lac ex showroom Mumbai, add a couple, of grands more for Thane, the VFM element somehow suddenly vanishes!!

Ideally, they should adopt something like a fair price mechanism where in the prices remain constant irrespective of octroi or not across all cities/locations.

I believe VW had some sort of this mechanism at the time of their launch IIRC.
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2014, 11:44   #45
Senior - BHPian

As per calculator on carwale, On road price for Titanium is 11.2 Lakh in Mumbai

Ex-showroom : 9,71,274
RTO: 1,14,840
Insurance : 35,646

Similarly, Ambiente is 9.3 lakhs and Trend is 10.3 Lakh (on-road).
NetfreakBombay is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed