Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2014, 23:49   #466
BHPian

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

She's finally here guys! Got her home yesterday.
First and foremost, I'd like to say that she's been turning a number of heads. It may be the 'Aston-Martin' face, the color or just the fact that very few have seen one on the road. Whatever be the reason, she's getting noticed for sure and I'm loving all the attention (Onida's tag line comes into mind - 'Neighbour's envy, Owner's pride!' ).

Haven't driven at all. Got her from the showroom yesterday which is just 3kms from my place, went to the temple for the puja and that's it. She's been under the covers all of today. Couple of documents are yet to be given by the dealer, got the number but the number plate is yet to be fixed. I will be going on a long-ish drive tomorrow with the family which includes 70% highway and 30% city. Will post an update after the drive.

Also, been busy with the Diwali celebrations so haven't had any time to click pictures. That's my agenda for the next few days. 3M pampering is also on the cards! All in all, 'mere acche din aa gaye'!

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-131.jpg

Last edited by Porschefire : 25th October 2014 at 23:52.
Porschefire is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 25th October 2014, 23:51   #467
Senior - BHPian

Whoa, she is such an eye candy dude! Congrats and wish you an awesome ownership.

Rightly said, one such envy became an inspiration for all the Fiesta owners to come out and start sharing picture here as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
(Onida's tag line comes into mind - 'Neighbour's envy, Owner's pride! ).
anachronix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2014, 11:23   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1302647
Thanks for the photo, very nice looking indeed.

You know, often people say this car is better looking in this color, not so good looking in that color and all. The other way of looking at that is: the mark of a truly good-looking car is, it looks good in all colors. of course, silver is an exception - no car looks good to me in that color! Linea was such a car and now I see Fiesta fitting that bill (only the front, though ) as well.

Talking about colors, I hope Ford makes the Fiesta available in that striking blue too.
prakash_ajp is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2014, 13:49   #469
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Porschefire.. The more I look at it the more I fall in love.. More pics whenever you can. Have fun!
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2014, 14:10   #470
BHPian

Congratulations Porschefire. What a beauty! Its painful!

Awaiting more pics. Who knows, looking at the pics will just drive someone like me into buying one of these "magic on roads" Fords.
PVPal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2014, 14:13   #471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats! Looks hot like a Paprika.

The interior trim looks really dark. Guess the shortage of light and the plastic cover is making it look very grayish. More pics please.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2014, 14:19   #472
Senior - BHPian

@Porschefire---the car looks hot in that colour! Even my Fiesta (now Classic) dons that colour.

We are eagerly waiting for your weekend drive. Had I been in your place, I'd have covered at least 200 kms on the odo on the first 2 days.

Wish you many miles of happiness on it.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2014, 19:59   #473
BHPian

@Porschefire -- Many congrats on this car! I happened to visit the Narain Ford in Lucknow this evening, and surprisingly, there was one of these Aston Martins. I always thought it would not look nice with this grille design, but there it was -- stunning indeed. It is much better too from inside, compared with the previous Fiesta. A lakh rupees less than the Vento and Rapid here! And feature full! The one I saw and sat in, was white.

The feel from the driver seat position is something unique to Ford's (or in particular to Fiesta's?) it seems.

Really a nice car, and the Ford's drivability makes it very much a car to own. My pre-classic Fiesta (1.4 SXI) has already run above 50000 ams and is awaiting a trip from Lucknow to Jaisalmer and the Sam sand dunes next week. But I have also been thinking of adding another one or replacing the present one. Seeing this Aston Martin Fiesta makes me consider several things. Otherwise, I have been sure of either Rapid or Vento this time.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2014, 20:12   #474

Hello All,

I dont understand engines that much, but cars do thrill me none the less.

I have a question on Ford Fiesta's engine (the 1.5 TDCI). The below link doesn't talk very highly of the 1.5 TDCI. It also highlights the "apparent" cost cutting done by Ford on the Fiesta engine, for India only. Especially the 8 valve SOHC vs the 16 valve DOHC part.

Link : - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-1-4-mill.html

Ive been following this thread since some time and most are very happy with the handling, styling and more from the Fiesta.

But, what about the outright engine performance and peppiness when compared to the other diesels in the league ? The 91PS / 204 Nm figures are not that impressive as well. Does the Fiesta leave us wanting for more ? OR have I got it all wrong !?

P.S. - I haven't the (test) driven Fiesta.
Old 27th October 2014, 21:59   #475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambi View Post
But, what about the outright engine performance and peppiness when compared to the other diesels in the league ? The 91PS / 204 Nm figures are not that impressive as well. Does the Fiesta leave us wanting for more ? OR have I got it all wrong !?P.S. - I haven't the (test) driven Fiesta.
Well that depends on what cars you compared it with, if you compare Fiesta to Vento/Rapid in engine department, then Fiesta wont stand a chance as the power delivery is just so linear, no surge or torque rush. It wont thrill you with its power but you would never feel its underpowered. I own both and after driving Vento, Fiesta does feel underpowered but it makes up for it with its brilliant NVH, you would never feel there is a diesel under the hood.

Other cars like Ciaz, City, Linea have all similar figures and the Fiesta performs equally good if not better, Ford have tuned the engine well and gear ratios are chosen wisely.
Old 27th October 2014, 23:25   #476
BHPian

I'm going to wait for the petrol version. Hope it's out in 2015.
Old 30th October 2014, 17:28   #477
BHPian

[quote=Porschefire;3564100]She's finally here guys! Got her home yesterday.

Wow! that colour looks hot! Just for confirming, i have visited several showrooms but could not see the red anywhere, can you post some more exterior pics with truer to original colour photos? As on the last page the color is more towards orange (like the new polo 1.5 has). I am really filtering down my choices to Fiesta and Rapid/Vento DSG. So here comes the next question; How hard is the clutch comparative to other diesels? I tested Vento 1.6 and the clutch was so hard that when i went back to my Wagon R i felt my clutch cable was broken ; then i sensed that it was Vento's clutch which gave that impression.

Also how do you find the drive in bumper to bumper traffic? I mean if the clutch is hard and requires a lot of gear change i might have to consider the DSG twins (although my heart is set on Fiesta!). This is an important criteria as i drive almost 80kms a day in Mumbai traffic.

Also how is the rear seat comfort? I mean I understand the space issue but is it uncomfortable in terms of thigh support (I am taking Ciaz as a reference).
Old 31st October 2014, 08:53   #478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zubin21 View Post
How hard is the clutch comparative to other diesels?
The clutch is very light. Very much like that of a Diesel Swift. And I didn't feel the need to shift a lot in traffic. The engine is very tractable in low revs.

Sorry, no idea on the rear seat. I didn't try the rear at all. Was always behind the wheel when anachronix came visiting with his car.
Old 31st October 2014, 19:01   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Wow! that colour looks hot! Just for confirming, i have visited several showrooms but could not see the red anywhere, can you post some more exterior pics with truer to original colour photos? As on the last page the color is more towards orange (like the new polo 1.5 has).
Thanks Zubin. The color choices, IMO, depends on the dealer and the city that you are buying. Most of the dealers here in Bangalore have stocks of only the white and the grey. Aanachronix's dealer had stocks of the golden bronze as well which is not available in B'lore. So I can't comment on the color options that you might get in your city. I was adamant on either the red or the black and thankfully, I got the paprika red. Its the exact same color of the 'chilly flakes' that you get when you order a Dominos pizza. Its not orange for sure. My review should be out soon, you can check the pictures there.

Quote:
I am really filtering down my choices to Fiesta and Rapid/Vento DSG. So here comes the next question; How hard is the clutch comparative to other diesels? I tested Vento 1.6 and the clutch was so hard that when i went back to my Wagon R i felt my clutch cable was broken ; then i sensed that it was Vento's clutch which gave that impression.
The clutch is super light for a diesel. I drove for about 50kms within the city last Sunday in dense traffic and it was easy to manage.

Quote:
Also how do you find the drive in bumper to bumper traffic? I mean if the clutch is hard and requires a lot of gear change i might have to consider the DSG twins (although my heart is set on Fiesta!). This is an important criteria as i drive almost 80kms a day in Mumbai traffic.
You've to change gears quite a bit as there is noticeable turbo lag below 1500 rpm. You cannot compare it to the comfort of an automatic if you drive it mainly within the city. But as I've said, the clutch is super light and should not pose a major problem while driving in traffic.

Quote:
Also how is the rear seat comfort? I mean I understand the space issue but is it uncomfortable in terms of thigh support (I am taking Ciaz as a reference).
Space for sure is at a serious premium if you are comparing it with the likes of the City or the Ciaz. The seats are very comfortable though and two 6ft adults can sit behind the other easily over short distances. What it lacks is that extra bit of space when you want to stretch your legs. So over long distances, a 6 footer will definitely be uncomfortable at the back. If space is your prime concern, then Fiesta might not impress you in that regard.
Porschefire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2014, 22:33   #480
BHPian

@PorscheFire - Hearty congrats on a purchase decision from your heart! The new Ford Fiesta is one of the most under-appreciated cars in this segment. I own the pre-face lift version (Ford Fiesta (2012) Titanium+, White) for 2.5 years (and about 36,000 kms), and I am thoroughly enjoying the ride and the ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambi View Post
But, what about the outright engine performance and peppiness when compared to the other diesels in the league ? The 91PS / 204 Nm figures are not that impressive as well. Does the Fiesta leave us wanting for more ? OR have I got it all wrong !?
I test drove a lot of diesel cars before I narrowed down on the Fiesta - (I also owned a butter smooth i20 Asta(O) CRDi before the Fiesta.

(1) Vento - Too much vibration on the clutch, excessive clutch travel. The vibration was so much that I question the sales guy if that was because the car is old. He said, it was and I visited next week to test drive an updated model (2012) which was brand new. I felt the same vibration on the clutch pedal. I dropped the idea of buying Vento / Rapid (Rapid also had this issue)

(2) Linea - TJet was mind boggling, but my running required a diesel. Absolutely lack-lustre engine and gearbox (for city use, where I'd be using it) - The rubbery gearshifts and lack of acceleration did it in. Ride quality was great

(I am skipping other cars here)

Ford Fiesta has a terrific gear box, a ride almost as good as a Linea, but in terms of handling, steering feedback it was miles ahead. It still plasters a smile whenever I take it out. The engine becomes rough after ~ 140 kmph, but those speeds are not sustainable or preferred on public roads. (Probably ok for short bursts). The clutch is light (for a diesel) and NO vibrations at all.

If you can skip the numbers, and go by your feel during test drive, and not think too much about resale value etc, this is BRILLIANT buy.

There might be faster cars in straights (like Verna), but on curved roads, you'll be the one who is smiling.

The 2012 model that I have, had the doors imported from Germany (Boron - Steel) - I don't know if they still do that. The build is that of a top-spec European car

Another observation which may or may not be applicable, is that since it is an India specific engine, you will not get any diesel tuning box (from a manufacturer of repute) since this engine is not available in EU.
sriramv.iyer is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed