Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2014, 05:35   #481
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
Another observation which may or may not be applicable, is that since it is an India specific engine, you will not get any diesel tuning box (from a manufacturer of repute) since this engine is not available in EU.
Tuning box / remap is already available for this engine.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...box-remap.html
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 00:21   #482
BHPian

Booked the fiesta(Black) finally . Waiting period is around 45 days for the titanium variant. Expecting it to be delivered sometime in December.
lakshman1067 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2014, 00:20   #483
Senior - BHPian

Can somebody post more pictures of this lovely machine in panther black.

I have just seen 2 pictures of the car in panther black posted by @fight_club. Even googling doesn't seem to help :(
Old 10th November 2014, 11:16   #484
BHPian

I was out with a friend last week to look and test drive the new Fiesta in Mumbai/Thane. To our disappointment, none of the three dealers we checked out (Wasan Chembur, Wasan Marine Lines, and Balaji, Thane) have a single vehicle on display or for a test drive. Physically went to two of the above showrooms, learnt from the mistake, and called a third one before going, thankfully.

Neither was there a Ford Classic on display/test drive.

All of them have loads of Ecosports and Figos.

Such a disappointment. If one does not even see the car in 3 Ford showrooms, how does one think of buying one.
PVPal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2014, 12:56   #485
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVPal View Post
I was out with a friend last week to look and test drive the new Fiesta in Mumbai/Thane. To our disappointment, none of the three dealers we checked out (Wasan Chembur, Wasan Marine Lines, and Balaji, Thane) have a single vehicle on display or for a test drive. Physically went to two of the above showrooms, learnt from the mistake, and called a third one before going, thankfully.

Neither was there a Ford Classic on display/test drive.

All of them have loads of Ecosports and Figos.

Such a disappointment. If one does not even see the car in 3 Ford showrooms, how does one think of buying one.
Thanks for the heads up!

Called the fourth showroom - SC Ford @ Malad , and they have the car! Should be going to check it out tomorrow.
Old 16th November 2014, 10:52   #486
BHPian

I have cancelled the booking of this car and booked a Skoda Rapid black package.I had checked with multiple dealers in Bangalore before taking this decision and found that only white and silver are immediately available. You will not get the other colours any time sooner or not even before the new years. So if you are booking a titanium variant you might have to be really patient for the colour options.
Old 21st November 2014, 23:47   #487
Senior - BHPian

Some pics of the Fiesta in Moondust Silver. Enjoy!

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-wp_20141115_001.jpg

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-wp_20141115_003.jpg

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-wp_20141115_004.jpg

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-wp_20141115_005.jpg

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-wp_20141115_006.jpg

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-wp_20141115_007.jpg

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-wp_20141115_0092.jpg
deetjohn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2014, 00:28   #488
BHPian

Deet john : is the pic taken at kairali ford edapally? In the second photo look at the pic which is on display in the entrance of the showroom - its still the old global fiesta. Ford is too lazy even to change the display pic of their premium sedan.

I did book my fiesta global on tuesday and yesterday i got a confirmation mail from ford - header "your Fiesta is on its way" with the old fiesta's picture. Im sending a mail to their md regarding this lousy approach to their customers. Will include this showroom pic also.

Last edited by quakerme : 22nd November 2014 at 00:29.
Old 22nd November 2014, 00:56   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakshman1067 View Post
I have cancelled the booking of this car and booked a Skoda Rapid black package.I had checked with multiple dealers in Bangalore before taking this decision and found that only white and silver are immediately available. You will not get the other colours any time sooner or not even before the new years. So if you are booking a titanium variant you might have to be really patient for the colour options.
What kind of a business strategy is this manufacturer following? It's not as if the car is flying off the shelves, which sometimes is used as an excuse to delay delivery. In this case, they should be glad that people are showing an interest in buying this car. But I guess they only want people to show interest and not actually buy!!
Old 22nd November 2014, 09:00   #490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMachine View Post
What kind of a business strategy is this manufacturer following? It's not as if the car is flying off the shelves, which sometimes is used as an excuse to delay delivery. In this case, they should be glad that people are showing an interest in buying this car. But I guess they only want people to show interest and not actually buy!!
You wouldn't believe it if I said I had booked this car with 3 different dealers believing they would be able to deliver the colour I was looking for. But none of them were able to say when exactly will the colours be available even after a span of a month. I just got so irritated that one fine day I went and cancelled the bookinngs I had made with all 3 dealers and booked the Rapid(it was my first choice before fiesta was launched).

A wonderful car with an unclear strategy. Will truly miss this machine.
Old 22nd November 2014, 09:29   #491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Thanks for the heads up!

Called the fourth showroom - SC Ford @ Malad , and they have the car!
Hi Lamborghini, Thanks for the input. It seems that Mumbai has a Fiesta on display indeed. Did you manage to check out the car. Whats the availability? What are the offers going on it?

In my case, Ford Thane which is right next door, and Wasan Chembur, which is near Swastik Chambers where I end up going once a week, both have no Fiesta's.
Old 22nd November 2014, 21:13   #492
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVPal View Post
Hi Lamborghini, Thanks for the input. It seems that Mumbai has a Fiesta on display indeed. Did you manage to check out the car. Whats the availability? What are the offers going on it?

In my case, Ford Thane which is right next door, and Wasan Chembur, which is near Swastik Chambers where I end up going once a week, both have no Fiesta's.
Checked the car out - I was very impressed, as an ex-ford owner.
Presently Titanium trim is not available - only the base Trend model is available. Titanium will be available January onwards IIRC.

Since the friend who was buying the car did not like the interiors, the car was ruled out so no idea on offers.
However, I absolutely loved driving the car - more so than the Laura I currently drive. The steering was very well weighted and provided much more feedback than that on the Laura. The suspension too was very well calibrated and the car was a hoot to drive! It handled undulations and bumps very well, and enough has been said about its handling.
Where it did lose out on was the performance (a very tractable engine though), and interiors (the grey does not feel as premium, even though the seats et all are supportive).
Personally - I would love to have this car in the garage. Would be perfect for the city runs, and once its remapped, perfect for the highways too !
lamborghini is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2014, 20:57   #493
VKS
BHPian

Happy to announce the arrival of my Ford Fiesta on 19 th Nov.
This copy is White Titanium.

Discounts - 10k Cash or Accessories.
Dealer - Chennai Ford.

It is less than ODO 300 kms but I am really enjoying the Car.
Ford knows how to setup the Steering and the music system!

For those who care about the back seat space please check out the car in person, it is not as bad as made out to be ( Nothing in league of Ciaz/City though)
VKS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2014, 21:27   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKS View Post
Happy to announce the arrival of my Ford Fiesta on 19 th Nov.
This copy is White Titanium.

Discounts - 10k Cash or Accessories.
Dealer - Chennai Ford.

It is less than ODO 300 kms but I am really enjoying the Car.
Ford knows how to setup the Steering and the music system!

For those who care about the back seat space please check out the car in person, it is not as bad as made out to be ( Nothing in league of Ciaz/City though)

Congrats! What was the OTR price, and what is the waiting period currently?
Old 24th November 2014, 22:59   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
However, I absolutely loved driving the car - more so than the Laura I currently drive. The steering was very well weighted and provided much more feedback than that on the Laura. The suspension too was very well calibrated and the car was a hoot to drive! It handled undulations and bumps very well, and enough has been said about its handling.
Where it did lose out on was the performance (a very tractable engine though), and interiors (the grey does not feel as premium, even though the seats et all are supportive).
Thanks for the inputs Lamborghini.

I loved the car when I first took to its steering. The ride is great, no cabin noise, the steering is a gem, the power is adequate, especially for the sedate driver that I am, the music quality is good, the seats are plush, looks are great.

A couple of points: I feel that the clutch is a bit on the harder side, and may get tiring in city driving. Also, the power window buttons are placed too far back in my opinion. The look of the interior plastics is a small letdown.

By the way, Thane registration is a full 40 k cheaper on Ambiente (7.87 lakhs) , 44 k cheaper on Trend (8.71 lakhs), and 49 k cheaper on the Titanium variant (9.44 lakhs).

I just hope that Ford focuses on this segment, in addition to its almost single minded focus on the Ecosport. With these prices, the Fiesta is a real good alternative to the City and the Ciaz, and very well placed in a segment which is on fire.
PVPal is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed