Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2014, 08:36   #511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
From your priorities list, the Zest scores over the Fiesta and I too feel the Tata is best suited for your parent' needs. I drove the Zest AMT last week and it is very easy to drive around.

The AMT is coupled with MJD very well, the shifts are smooth and the visibility is excellent. The Tata also got good NVH, very spacious interiors, stable and supple ride and is also a nice place to be in. Besides, the doors open very wide and the ingress/egress is also better as the car sits a bit tall. Your parents will be able to walk into the car.

What I don't like is that fact that there is no option for airbags. The Zest is no fun to throw around corners compared to a Fiesta and the steering is numb, but that's expected. Happy shopping!
Yes, even in my TD of the AMT, I found it fun to juggle around in city traffic. My father would love resting his left foot while doing all the long drives too.
Tall stance, higher seating are definitely a big plus that I missed, thank you for mentioning, my parents currently own a Baleno and ingress and egress is quite a pain, lower seating doesn't help either.
The handling not comparable to Fiesta and steering being number are not that major concerns as again, it is to be used by them, not me.
I am even considering the Bolt, today is its media drive and if only they can offer AMT + airbags..
Old 2nd December 2014, 09:05   #512
BHPian

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by quakerme View Post
state of the vin sticker looks like there is more mystery around this car.
Hi quakerme,
don't mean to confuse you but the state of this sticker in my car was the more or less the same when I did a PDI in the yard. Fearing foul play I had to reconfirm the vin under the drivers seat but it checked out. Seems the sticker is a bad quality one.

Mine was an august manufactured car which i took delivery in September with approx 40 km on the odo. Before this, they were trying to harass me to take 2 other vehicle one with 90 on the odo which was driven from kochi to thrissur and another with 60k on the odo as used as a display vehicle. Both were june models. Reasons stated were the same, went for delivery to a customer who couldn't pay the full amount on the said date, hence reallocated to me. I politely but firmly said no.

Also, I had it confirmed from 2 different and reliable sources that they can't meddle with the odo reading on the global fiesta, like they can (and actaully do on the figo and the classic). One is my college mate who now works in the kairali ford service and the other is a ford service guy who has now moved onto Chevrolet.

All that being said, I say to decline their offer and wait for a new one. No matter what assurances the SA or anyone gives, you can never really be sure on how the car was handled for those 250 kms. You dont want to spend a million ruppees to buy into a lifetime of doubt (or probable misery) car-wise.

Thanks.
Chuckster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2014, 12:20   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post

Mine was an august manufactured car which i took delivery in September with approx 40 km on the odo. Before this, they were trying to harass me to take 2 other vehicle one with 90 on the odo which was driven from kochi to thrissur and another with 60k on the odo as used as a display vehicle. Both were june models. Reasons stated were the same, went for delivery to a customer who couldn't pay the full amount on the said date, hence reallocated to me. I politely but firmly said no.

Thanks.
So the missing customer story is a standard script hmm...one thing is true u never know how they wouldve handled the car in those 250kms and that too during run-in period im sure they might have floored it hard in those highways cos most of the showroom drivers acts like prototype Schumi .
Yes they told me about the quality of the vin stickers but as you said when u pay a million rupees why settle for something like this or else they should offer me a discount which i cant say NO to
Old 3rd December 2014, 08:25   #514
VKS
BHPian

^Quakerme . There is an advertisement in Times of India today and Fiesta has 54k discount from 3-7 Dec .I don't have the breakup but this will include insurance , loyalty and exchange bonus.
Old 3rd December 2014, 10:03   #515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKS View Post
^Quakerme . There is an advertisement in Times of India today and Fiesta has 54k discount from 3-7 Dec .I don't have the breakup but this will include insurance , loyalty and exchange bonus.
This is basically to push the old 2014 stocks before 2015 sets in.

Expect a lot of freebies, discounts, festive offers across all slow moving models/car companies in the next 30 days or so.
Old 3rd December 2014, 23:12   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKS View Post
Its only for trend variant, they are offering a cashback of 30K and a loyalty bonus of 15-20k no discount and bonus for titanium variant + they are giving out freebies worth 20k (22" LCD, fridge ,washing machine ..etc )for all vehicles purchased from ford between 3rd dec to 7th
Old 4th December 2014, 20:46   #517
Senior - BHPian

Got a call from Harpreet Ford today that they wanted to come and take feedback regarding the first service I completed a week back.
Invited them today and two guys came in with a satisfaction note, requested me to fill in the online survey, views on the car, if I had any issues with the car and how did I like Harpreet's service.

Told them my views, extremely happy with the top notch service provided by Harpreet and Ford India for both our Ecosport and Fiesta. They gave me a box full of chocolates as an appreciation gesture.

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-imageuploadedbyteambhp1417706159.241201.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 5th December 2014 at 01:08. Reason: Post fixed.
coolboy007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2014, 15:55   #518
Senior - BHPian

My neighbour went to book a ford new fiesta, but since the Sales Adviser is an 'acquaintance' and a 'well-wisher' he was discouraged and was asked to book the classic instead.

Seems classic got 30+ bookings(auspicious day) on a single day!
Old 5th December 2014, 20:41   #519
BHPian

Curious what this "well-wisher" had in mind when he suggested not to buy the New Fiesta. Did he mention any technical or service reason?

This is such a nice car with a decent price point to compete in a hot segment (I mentioned this earlier) which is on fire with the City and the Ciaz. It has the ride, handling, looks, steering, build quality....in short, the works. Wonder why Fiat does not want to sell it? Is it solely the low margins it has on this car?
Old 5th December 2014, 21:01   #520
BHPian

^^ sir I guess you meant Ford.

Usually the "well wisher's" reasons are not technical. They are based on the perceived demand and resale value of the car. Atleast thats what I faced.

Many sales advisers are not very knowledgeable, so when I'm interested in a car, I read teambhp / online reviews and just go to the dealership to take test-drive.
stormy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2014, 21:10   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVPal View Post
Curious what this "well-wisher" had in mind when he suggested not to buy the New Fiesta. Did he mention any technical or service reason?

This is such a nice car with a decent price point to compete in a hot segment (I mentioned this earlier) which is on fire with the City and the Ciaz. It has the ride, handling, looks, steering, build quality....in short, the works. Wonder why Fiat does not want to sell it? Is it solely the low margins it has on this car?
Well you have Ford at the top, discouraging the people by not advertising the product properly. And then you've the dealers who suggest you 'Classic' is better than 'New'.
The main reason for this is, as you pointed out, the low margins. My dealer told me that neither them nor Ford makes any money on the car. It is just there to showcase Ford's brand image and capabilities. Don't know how they're doing it by not selling the car!

Last edited by Porschefire : 5th December 2014 at 21:12.
Old 11th December 2014, 17:50   #522
BHPian

I own a smoke grey fiesta titanium. while surfing the net cam across the following pictures for headlight modifications. Any suggestions and recommendations.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-interior-carbon-kevlar.jpg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-headlamp-ford-fiesta-angel-eyes-drl.jpg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-headlamp-ford-fiesta-angel-eyes-audi-style.jpg  

architkarpe is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2014, 23:33   #523
VKS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
Any suggestions and recommendations.
That looks really cool . Where did you find this?
On another note I will stay away from any electrical modification on my Fiesta with the number of electrical add-ons it has like Electric start ,Automatic headlamps and auto wipers. But that's just me .
Old 12th December 2014, 09:09   #524
BHPian

Try the one in Ford Thailand accessories, it looks pretty decent. Although the new fiesta is a global car, Iam yet to verify if this headlamp would fit in the Indian version (when I purchase the car next year of course). Also you should check with Ford if it would void warranty even though the headlights are from Ford.

http://www.ford.co.th/en/cars/new-fi...ories/exterior
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-1249072109942.jpeg  

Old 20th December 2014, 16:43   #525
BHPian

Yesterday had been on a trip Alibag - Mumbai - Alibag.
I refueled the fiesta Mid way at Pen and reset my all meters to zero.
I was shocked to see my average reading 14.7 km/l. lowest achieved till date.
Adultrated fuel can be one cause? But i regularly refuel at that pump.
I also had a feeling of excess engine noise as well as vibrations in the cabin.
No loss of power was felt. Plan to take the car to the dealer on my next visit to Pune.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-20141220_124617.jpg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-20141220_124658.jpg  

architkarpe is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed