Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2015, 15:57   #601
BHPian

Hi friends, after losing my Swift in a horrifying accident last week, I am making plans to get a new car. The fiesta looks to be best option around. Can somebody tell if there are any discounts going on in Blr?
Also, are bucket seats really worth the price difference? If I get it, I want to get it remapped. Need your comments on this one too.

Last edited by GTO : 15th March 2015 at 16:57. Reason: Typo
itsashishsharma is offline   Received Infraction
Old 11th March 2015, 16:41   #602
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

I noticed a TV advertisement for the Fiesta yesterday. It's so rare I had to do a double take to believe I wasn't hallucinating
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2015, 19:05   #603
Senior - BHPian

Had gone to Harpreet Ford, Moti Nagar yesterday and got the side mirror cover replaced. Reached there are 11:15 AM, service advisor told that the painting and drying will take 3-4 hours so i asked him to get the cover ready by 4 PM while i took the Fiesta away to work. They did not ask me to do payment before which was a nice gesture.

Went back at 4 PM, the cover was fitted back and my Fiesta was back to its old shape. Cost of cover was 1504 and 500 for painting, total damage was 2050.

Car has clocked 8000 kms and doing fine, regularly returning 20-21 kmpl in Delhi on tankful basis. Will get the 10k service done next month. Hit a pothole very hard few days back at 90-100, the stock NCT5 survived the hit but car is pulling to left, steering also got misaligned a bit to the right. Will get the alignment checked in a few days.

@ ashishsharma

Very sorry for your Swift, hope you and your family were safe, it is all that matters, we can always get another car . Fiesta is an excellent car and you will love it if you enjoy driving, coming from a Swift, you will really appreciate the build quality and high speed dynamics. Read on another forum that a dealer offered 45k off on a 2014 model so check if they have 2014 stock left. Don't think you will get anything off on 2015 models.

Quote:
Also, are bucket seats really worth the price difference? If I get it, I want to get it remapped. Need your comments on this one too.
Trust me, they deserve every single penny, the under thigh support and side bolstering is fantastic. Sat in a A4 few days back and Fiesta's bucket seats are better. You also get keyless entry, rain sensing wipers, auto lights, foldable mirrors etc which all add up to the ownership experience.

You need to sit in those bucket seats once, you will yourself get the Titanium variant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
I noticed a TV advertisement for the Fiesta yesterday. It's so rare I had to do a double take to believe I wasn't hallucinating
, totally agree. Ford did show the Fiesta as well, i thought they will only show Ecosport. Once Figo and Aspire are launched, they will forget Ecosport as well.

Last edited by GTO : 15th March 2015 at 16:58. Reason: Quoted post edited
coolboy007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2015, 23:41   #604
BHPian

Hello, the on-road price of the Fiesta has gone by 1.5 lakhs in the recent months due to increases in taxes especially for cars with off-road price more than 10lakhs. If you notice, top variant Vento is priced at 9.75lakhs and top variant of Fiesta is priced at 10.30lakhs. Because the fiesta price is little more than 10 lakhs, the onroad price is much higher now. I am thoroughly confused between taking a Titanium variant and next lower variant which I believe is the Trend. For the price difference between Trend and Titanium, and considering the additional features in Titanium, is it worth still taking Titanium? Is it accurate that Cruise Control will be available in Trend variant? Is there any chance that Ford may reduce the off road price so that it comes under 10 lakhs mark for the Titanium variant?
Old 13th March 2015, 00:55   #605
BHPian

I just booked a titanium and did not get anything major. I guess you can good discounts for a 2014 model but looks like there are not many around.
Old 13th March 2015, 02:22   #606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k149in View Post
Hello, the on-road price of the Fiesta has gone by 1.5 lakhs in the recent months due to increases in taxes especially for cars with off-road price more than 10lakhs. If you notice, top variant Vento is priced at 9.75lakhs and top variant of Fiesta is priced at 10.30lakhs. Because the fiesta price is little more than 10 lakhs, the onroad price is much higher now. I am thoroughly confused between taking a Titanium variant and next lower variant which I believe is the Trend. For the price difference between Trend and Titanium, and considering the additional features in Titanium, is it worth still taking Titanium? Is it accurate that Cruise Control will be available in Trend variant? Is there any chance that Ford may reduce the off road price so that it comes under 10 lakhs mark for the Titanium variant?
Just my point of view - In the Figo, I took the ZXi instead of the Titanium and while I love the car, I think I made a mistake of not taking the Titanium. In the Figo, the Titanium offers airbags which I quite miss along with a few other niceties. I think my measuring guage would be whether I can upgrade the feature available in the top variant outside at an accessories shop (entertainment system, upholstery etc.) or not (ABS, Airbags etc.).
Mad Max is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2015, 13:01   #607
BHPian

@ itsashishsharma

I would definitely suggest you to stick on to Titanium.It is not just the Bucket seats which will make difference(it is way better than the normal one), But also the Push button start which will be a wonderful option to have in the bangalore traffic.Apart from it I also think that automatic headlights,rain sensor wipers arent available and the bluetooth connectivity arent there in the Trend variant.

Though Automatic headlight and Rain sensor wipers wouldnt be a big deal for us as it just an extra styling bit but trust me you would love the way they work flawlessly in a 10lakh car than in the ones in D segment.

Do stick on with the stock say atleast for 10k kms.I dont think remapping earlier would let you know the difference.

Last edited by GTO : 15th March 2015 at 16:58. Reason: Typos
lakshman1067 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 13th March 2015, 14:39   #608
BANNED

@ itsashishsharma

Oh. Sorry to hear about the accident. Hope you are fine! Take care!

Good that you are positive and moving ahead as I have seen many people shy away at least for a while before another car is purchased post-accident.

Whatever it is, go for the top-end variant. No compromises.

Keep the car stock till running-in period is completed (Check the owners manual though). I feel it is better to keep it stock till the odometer reads 10K kms.

All the best, happy shopping.

Last edited by GTO : 15th March 2015 at 16:59. Reason: Quoted post edited
Old 13th March 2015, 14:42   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, just views on this aspect - no recommendation really.

I preferred a Trend over Titanium as it appeared more VFM to me. Way I assessed both -

a. Mechanical Systems - All variants are at par
b. Safety Features - Titanium & Trend are at par
c. Cruise Control - Titanium & Trend both have it
d. Stock Music System - Same in both the variants
e. MID - Both have the same system

Now the differences -
1) Front Seats - Titanium no doubt has superior ones and really of value. Trend is par with other C2s
2) SYNC - Only Titanium has it. I considered it good to have, not must
3) Alloy Wheels - Same as for SYNC
4) Rear Parking Sensor - Stock one in Titanium only
5) Auto start/headlight/wiper/ORVM - Provided in Titanium only. I could not convince myself that they are more reliable than their non-auto cousins and the the utility exceeds the additional cost of maintenance/replacement.
rsm97 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th March 2015, 15:26   #610
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsm97 View Post
Hi, just views on this aspect - no recommendation really.

I preferred a Trend over Titanium as it appeared more VFM to me. Way I assessed both -
b. Safety Features - Titanium & Trend are at par
Trend doesn't have passenger airbag. Only Driver airbag. Safety is not at par for both front occupants.

Some one confirm this ^^ It was told by the sales exectuive i didn't see the vehicle.

Last edited by Sankar : 13th March 2015 at 15:30.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2015, 15:37   #611
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Trend doesn't have passenger airbag. Only Driver airbag. Safety is not at par for both front occupants.

Some one confirm this ^^ It was told by the sales exectuive i didn't see the vehicle.
Ambiente has driver airbag only. Trend and Titanium both have dual front airbags.

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-fiesta-safety.jpg

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 13th March 2015 at 15:38.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2015, 16:07   #612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Ambiente has driver airbag only. Trend and Titanium both have dual front airbags.

Attachment 1349294
Thanks Chetan for reproducing the specs.

BTW, Trend has MID despite the spec-sheet saying otherwise. I am curious if Ambiente too has the same. Actually yet to come across that version.
rsm97 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2015, 20:31   #613
VKS
BHPian

I have a Fiesta Titanium and think this is the model to go with but it is correct that the 2014 price below 10 Lacs were sweet.

The bucket seats are really comfortable on long drives and the black piano finish on the centre console is only on titanium trim.

This car is fun to drive in 2 nd and 3 rd and responds well in these gears.
Just out of curiosity is there anyone who knows any remap options available for Fiesta?

Fiesta Owners ,

Can you let me know if anyone is hearing some noises from rear left side? It appears on braking or starting from stand still.( tik tak kinds)

I tried to get this sorted a couple of times which the service centre guys believed to be Fuel pipe, brake, suspension bushes but still persists. In my last visit they checked the test drive vehicle and said it happens in them too.

There is some noises from the steering height lever adjustment but that happens just on cold start for a couple of minutes.
Old 14th March 2015, 22:16   #614
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...I am thoroughly confused between taking a Titanium variant and next lower variant which I believe is the Trend. For the price difference between Trend and Titanium, and considering the additional features in Titanium, is it worth still taking Titanium? Is it accurate that Cruise Control will be available in Trend variant? Is there any chance that Ford may reduce the off road price so that it comes under 10 lakhs mark for the Titanium variant?
The primary reason I would take a Titanium over the Trend is beause of the MID!! Now, if the below is true, you can happily go for the Trend. If it were me, I would plonk another 20K and get the Titanium seats too

Quote:
....e. MID - Both have the same system
Quote:
....BTW, Trend has MID despite the spec-sheet saying otherwise....
This is news!! I personally do NOT see much value in a Titanium if this is the case.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2015, 21:17   #615
BHPian

I feel so guilty these days and having sleepless nights for not buying the Ford Fiesta 2014 Titanium and going for Skoda rapid 1.5 TDI BP. Not that I dont love my Rapid, It is just I am not able to forget the experience I had with the Fiesta.

Am I cheating on my Rapid ?
lakshman1067 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed