Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2015, 05:58   #646
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by k149in View Post
Brought the car home yesterday evening. Drove around 40 km so far and car is extremely good. Thoroughly enjoyed driving the car and felt very happy that I made the right choice from many options such as Vento, City, Ciaz, Verna and Linea. Will post more pictures in few days. There was one more Fiesta delivered to another customer yesterday in Chennai Ford which is the grey colour one.

Many congrats on the new drive ! It seems only bhpians take such bold decisions of choosing a less popular but maybe better suited option. Would you mind providing the cost break up ?
Old 25th March 2015, 08:48   #647
VKS
BHPian

Quote:
Brought the car home yesterday evening.
Congratulations k149in . Wish you many happy miles.
Any chance you work out of DLF . I was following a Golden bronze Fiesta in my Diamond White Fiesta, pretty rare that you have 2 Fiesta's together .
Old 25th March 2015, 22:14   #648
BHPian

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssateesh View Post
Hey, Congrats on the new fiesta. Can you comment what tilted your choice between Fiesta and Linea ?
Thanks!! Better gearbox and shorter clutch throw in the Fiesta made it effortless to drive than the Linea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain View Post
Many congrats on the new drive ! It seems only bhpians take such bold decisions of choosing a less popular but maybe better suited option. Would you mind providing the cost break up ?
Thank you!!

Ex Showroom - Rs. 1021708
Insurance (B-B) - Rs. 37648
Registration + Life Tax + Essential pack (mud flaps, floor mats, boot mat and waxoyl paint protection) - Rs. 172242

Note that there was Rs.15000 discount given.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKS View Post
Congratulations k149in . Wish you many happy miles.
Any chance you work out of DLF . I was following a Golden bronze Fiesta in my Diamond White Fiesta, pretty rare that you have 2 Fiesta's together .
Thanks VKS!! I reside in Manapakkam. If that car didn't have the number plate, it must have been myself. I know its a rare thing to find two Fiesta's together. Hope the tribe grows!!!
Old 26th March 2015, 00:13   #649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Brought the car home yesterday evening.
Many congratulations and welcome to the club.

The Gloden Bronze looks stunning under the sun. Have fun!
Old 26th March 2015, 17:17   #650
BHPian

Quote:
Brought the car home yesterday evening. Drove around 40 km so far and car is extremely good. Thoroughly enjoyed driving the car and felt very happy that I made the right choice from many options such as Vento, City, Ciaz, Verna and Linea. Will post more pictures in few days. There was one more Fiesta delivered to another customer yesterday in Chennai Ford which is the grey colour one.
Congrats bud. Am hoping to get my lean and mean machine tomorrow

What do you think of the grey colour? I was contemplating between golden bronze and smoky grey and I felt grey would be subtler. Hoping it does not disappoint when I go tomorrow
Old 26th March 2015, 20:28   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
Congrats bud. Am hoping to get my lean and mean machine tomorrow

What do you think of the grey colour? I was contemplating between golden bronze and smoky grey and I felt grey would be subtler. Hoping it does not disappoint when I go tomorrow
Nimz, congrats man! I'm sure you'll have a sleepless night today!

The grey is subtle yes, but IMO perfectly brings out the Aston Martin-ish character because of the color. You will not be disappointed for sure!!!
Hope you have the PDI checklist with you. Once you take the delivery, suggest you to head straight to 3M and get the paint sealant program and underbody coating done. Also, get the tire pressure checked as it'll be higher than normal.

Enjoy the attention that you're gonna get on the road! All the best!
Porschefire is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2015, 01:17   #652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
Nimz, congrats man! I'm sure you'll have a sleepless night today!
Thanks Porschefire.. Got my smokin grey Fiesta yesterday

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-smokin_2.jpg

But made the mistake of taking the car out today (Saturday) for a spin and was stuck in one of Bangalore's famous jams for two hours. Car came in with 20 odd kms on the odo. Elite Motors were pretty good except for their lack of space.

Car is a joy to ride. Taut is the word as it goes over potholes and bumps on the road. Couple of quick observations / questions for other Fiesta owners:

1. The brake pedal seems to be a little raised relative to the accelerator. Is this normal. I found it a little tiring in the stop go traffic.

2. Clutch seems a wee bit heavy compared to my earlier Honda City. Normal?

3. The auto headlamps came on at like 5:30 PM when it was quite bright outside. Anyone seen this? Any way to reduce its sensitivity. (Plan to check if there is any dirt or anything on the windscreen tomorrow).

4. There is some turbo lag. At a green signal I wanted to close the gap and in the City it would just take a tap and the car would surge ahead. Here the Fiesta needed to build up revs till about 1800 before it surged ahead. I guess am still used to the City and would need to get used to the Fiesta

5. The Auto climate control starts off with a big whine (fan speed at max), I prefer the fan speed at 1 so that its nice and quiet. So basically used the normal AC and switched off auto. Any tips on how to get this to be quiet. I also found the re circulation mode going off annoying. There was a tip in another forum to circumvent this. Will check that.

6. The acceleration above 1800-2000 rpm up to 3000 is pretty good especially in the 3rd gear.

7. Steering - love it. Never felt any vagueness even on quick turns at speed.

8. Seating - nice. But am yet to find my position so after 2 hours in traffic kinda felt a little sore in the lower back. Guess I need to keep the seat back straighter or maybe it was due to the start stop foot action.

9. Loved the music volume automatically getting cut off when the reverse sensors kick in (maybe its there in all cars but this is my first with a reverse parking sensor).

10. Also when you power on the car, the whole thing lights up like a xmas tree. Headlamps, footwell lights, cabin lights.. Have to figure out a way to be more subtle.

Looking forward to next weekend where a long drive is planned and much fun to be had on the highways with my Fiesta

Nimz
Nimz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th March 2015, 01:43   #653
BANNED

Congratulations!

Welcome to the Diesel family that has 'Turbo Lag' as is first gift to owners who aren't well-versed with this feature.

Nothing to worry at all, you'll just get used to it as days pass by.

Quote:
5. The Auto climate control starts off with a big whine (fan speed at max), I prefer the fan speed at 1 so that its nice and quiet. So basically used the normal AC and switched off auto. Any tips on how to get this to be quiet. I also found the re circulation mode going off annoying.
This is how the ACC functions.

Till the set temperature is attained inside the cabin, blower runs at maximum speed. Once the temperature is attained the blower speed decreases and runs at minimum to keep the temperature constant.

You'll get used to it. The ACC is a boon actually as you don't need to keep fiddling with the blower knob to adjust the cooling inside the cabin.

Set the desired temperature and hit 'Auto' and enjoy the ride letting the computer control the blower speed for you.

Last edited by a4anurag : 29th March 2015 at 01:45.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2015, 08:40   #654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
I will be alone in the car for 85% of the write about the bucket seats as I had set pretty high expectations from them, as per our review, and I had thought that as I wish to go for the Trend variant, I would buy and install the bucket seats of Titanium separately. But during the test drive, being 6'1", I wasn't convinced with the idea of over extended lumbar support, I was a tight fit in that seat frankly. lighten.
Being of similar height, I am curious. Were you saying the bucket seats in the Titanium is no good for our heights? Or were these comments for the seats on the trend?
Old 29th March 2015, 18:52   #655
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Looking forward to next weekend where a long drive is planned and much fun to be had on the highways with my Fiesta
Congrats on the new buy. Its one of the best driver's car in the market. (Anyway I am repeating whats already told!). Do check out the Cruise control on the highway. One of best options to have for the long 4-lanes.

Do restrain yourself for the initial miles!

Congrats again
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2015, 23:09   #656
BHPian

Quote:
Got my smokin grey Fiesta yesterday
Hey Nimz...congratulations buddy!! Grey looks super in the Fiesta. Enjoy the drive.

Need some help. Wanted to know how to roll down the windows when the car is not started.

Meanwhile, as requested, I am posting some snaps of the Golden Bronze colour.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-p1050411.jpg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-p1050414.jpg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-p1050420.jpg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-p1050430.jpg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-p1050434.jpg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-p1050444.jpg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-p1050451.jpg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-p1050456.jpg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-p1050463.jpg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-p1050468.jpg  

k149in is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th March 2015, 23:20   #657
BHPian

Quote:
Need some help. Wanted to know how to roll down the windows when the car is not started
You would need turn your key to ON or whatever it is ear-marked in Ford. This is when the electricals (key can't be removed from the keyhole in this position)
come to life & you're one step away from cranking the engine. Those are motor assisted Windows & hence, would need a power source to operate.

On a side-note, congratulations on your hot ride.
Old 29th March 2015, 23:25   #658
BHPian

Some more pictures!!
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-p1050477.jpg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-p1050494.jpg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-p1050504.jpg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-p1050510.jpg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-p1050514.jpg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-p1050521.jpg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-p1050591.jpg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-p1050593.jpg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-p1050600.jpg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-p1050490.jpg  

k149in is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th March 2015, 23:31   #659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrez View Post
You would need turn your key to ON or whatever it is ear-marked in Ford. This is when the electricals (key can't be removed from the keyhole in this position)
come to life & you're one step away from cranking the engine. Those are motor assisted Windows & hence, would need a power source to operate.

On a side-note, congratulations on your hot ride.
Hello!! Thanks!! But there is no key hole. I have to press the start button to start the car. Once the car is started I am able to roll down the windows. So without cranking the engine, how to roll down the windows?
Old 30th March 2015, 01:42   #660
BHPian

Quote:
Hello!! Thanks!! But there is no key hole. I have to press the start button to start the car. Once the car is started I am able to roll down the windows. So without cranking the engine, how to roll down the windows?
Super bud.. Awesome pics.. I was in 2 minds to either go for the Golden bronze or the Smokin Grey.. I must say Golden Brown looks really good on the Fiesta.

I see a blue sticker that says "Diesel" on the fuel tank lid. Did you get that yourself. Mine does not have any markings and am a little concerned about that as Fiestas are few and far in between and an unknowing bunk wallah can with all good intention fill in the wrong fuel.

So to answer your question: Without pressing the clutch, hit the start button. The electricals come to life. You can roll up / down the windows then. Play music.. switch on the cabin lights etc. etc.

BTW do you use the Auto headlamps? If yes do you find them coming on even when there is a lot of sunlight?

Also, don't find a proper place to keep my sunglasses.

Nimz

Last edited by Nimz : 30th March 2015 at 01:46.

Most Viewed