Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2015, 08:56   #661
BHPian

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post

Car is a joy to ride. Taut is the word as it goes over potholes and bumps on the road.
Congratulations!

Quote:
1. The brake pedal seems to be a little raised relative to the accelerator. Is this normal. I found it a little tiring in the stop go traffic.
Just a matter of getting used to.

Quote:
2. Clutch seems a wee bit heavy compared to my earlier Honda City. Normal?
Yes it is. Now that I drive to work, I find the clutch on the heavier side especially in B2B traffic.

Quote:
3. The auto headlamps came on at like 5:30 PM when it was quite bright outside. Anyone seen this? Any way to reduce its sensitivity. (Plan to check if there is any dirt or anything on the windscreen tomorrow).
Yes they do switch on when there is sufficient light! I'm not sure if we can reduce the sensitivity.

Quote:
4. There is some turbo lag. At a green signal I wanted to close the gap and in the City it would just take a tap and the car would surge ahead. Here the Fiesta needed to build up revs till about 1800 before it surged ahead. I guess am still used to the City and would need to get used to the Fiesta
Matter of getting used to. The turbo lag and the first gear make it really hard to close the gaps in traffic.

Quote:
6. The acceleration above 1800-2000 rpm up to 3000 is pretty good especially in the 3rd gear.
Second and third are the most enjoyable gears in the car. You can potter about in town or really get moving when the road clears up. It gets even better as you clock the miles. Suggest you not to rev beyond 2k rpm in any gear until the first service atleast.

Quote:
7. Steering - love it. Never felt any vagueness even on quick turns at speed.
One of the many USPs of the car.

Quote:
8. Seating - nice. But am yet to find my position so after 2 hours in traffic kinda felt a little sore in the lower back. Guess I need to keep the seat back straighter or maybe it was due to the start stop foot action.
I had the same issue when I bought the car. The seats have immense adjustments so takes a while to find your perfect driving position. Its a chore for me even today because my dad and I have different driving positions.

Quote:
9. Loved the music volume automatically getting cut off when the reverse sensors kick in (maybe its there in all cars but this is my first with a reverse parking sensor).
Its present in almost all the cars. My sister's Xcent reduces the music volume when you slow down for a speed breaker even!

Quote:
10. Also when you power on the car, the whole thing lights up like a xmas tree. Headlamps, footwell lights, cabin lights.. Have to figure out a way to be more subtle.
There are settings to turn on/off these features.

Quote:
Looking forward to next weekend where a long drive is planned and much fun to be had on the highways with my Fiesta
Have loads of fun with it and be a little light on the right foot for the first few thousand kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k149in View Post
Meanwhile, as requested, I am posting some snaps of the Golden Bronze colour.
Looks fantastic! Its glowing brighter than the sun in some pictures! Congratulations!!!
Porschefire is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2015, 02:47   #662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopa99 View Post
Being of similar height, I am curious. Were you saying the bucket seats in the Titanium is no good for our heights? Or were these comments for the seats on the trend?
I drove the test drive vehicle which was a Titanium, so I was talking about bucket seats. What I really meant is that the seats kind of hug you, which is great in some sense, and you feel more confident and in control, but I noticed that I was feeling a bit caught up from left and right due to extended bits of the seat from left and right. I thought perhaps it was because of my built, but may be it is a matter of spending time in that seat and getting used to it.

Quote:
Super bud.. Awesome pics.. I was in 2 minds to either go for the Golden bronze or the Smokin Grey.. I must say Golden Brown looks really good on the Fiesta.

I see a blue sticker that says "Diesel" on the fuel tank lid. Did you get that yourself. Mine does not have any markings and am a little concerned about that as Fiestas are few and far in between and an unknowing bunk wallah can with all good intention fill in the wrong fuel.

So to answer your question: Without pressing the clutch, hit the start button. The electricals come to life. You can roll up / down the windows then. Play music.. switch on the cabin lights etc. etc.

BTW do you use the Auto headlamps? If yes do you find them coming on even when there is a lot of sunlight?

Also, don't find a proper place to keep my sunglasses.

Nimz
I see your location is Bangalore. Can you please share the discount amount you got on your beauty?
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2015, 07:42   #663
Senior - BHPian

Congrats again guys. Both the grey and bronze are stunning colours.

Quote:
Also, don't find a proper place to keep my sunglasses.
Yes, I hear you. The sunglasses holder on the ceiling is too tight for sunglasses. So, I leave them in the extreme right side of the door pad.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2015, 10:47   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
Second and third are the most enjoyable gears in the car. You can potter about in town or really get moving when the road clears up. It gets even better as you clock the miles. Suggest you not to rev beyond 2k rpm in any gear until the first service atleast.

Have loads of fun with it and be a little light on the right foot for the first few thousand kms.
Thanks Porschefire. I have been sedate and occasionally hit 3K rpm in the 100 or so kms done so far. But then I thought that nowadays manufacturers run in the engine in the factory itself! I could be wrong though.

Planning a highway trip this weekend and will keep it at 2K..

Quote:
Yes, I hear you. The sunglasses holder on the ceiling is too tight for sunglasses. So, I leave them in the extreme right side of the door pad.
This is where I appreciate the City. Almost everything is well thought out and things fall into hand. For instance I have to stretch a bit to hit the "Auto" on the Fiesta ACC. Setting the AC to the colder setting did not require you to take your eyes off the road on the City as it had a knob that gave you tactile feedback on where it was pointed.. Here it is an infinite circle and you need to read the display to know where it is at. Cycling through USB folders was a breeze on the city and you could do it on the fly. Here it is quite a cumbersome process so you need a longish red light to select the folder you want.

And the problem with window buttons are of course well documented. Ford needs a crash course in ergonomics me thinks, though they are heads and shoulders above in chassis design, steering feedback and other thoughtful features like water proof key hobs.

Maybe I will need some getting used to...but then in the City it was all very intuitive and don't recall a "getting used to" period.

Quote:
I see your location is Bangalore. Can you please share the discount amount you got on your beauty?
Not a lot.. Only a token 10K. I did not bargain much as I felt it was quite VFM at the current price itself. All the best
Old 31st March 2015, 11:59   #665
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
And the problem with window buttons are of course well documented. Ford needs a crash course in ergonomics me thinks, though they are heads and shoulders above in chassis design, steering feedback and other thoughtful features like water proof key hobs.

Maybe I will need some getting used to...but then in the City it was all very intuitive and don't recall a "getting used to" period.
Congrats on the car! Looking beautiful in that color - truly one of the few cars that keeps me up at night, debating how to fit it into our garage!

As an owner of the previous gen-Fiesta (Classic) - I understand what you mean about ergonomics. Thankfully, they are better than some of the other cars I have driven, but when I sat in the fiesta classic after using another car for a few months - I was surprised to notice the ergonomic issues. One drive later, the smile was back, and the issues forgotten!
The new Fiesta is better in that regard though.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2015, 19:26   #666

I really love this car, but surprisingly there was not a single new Fiesta in the service center during my visit last week. Even the SA drew a blank when I asked about the sales of the new Fiesta. He was all gaga over Ecosport. Come to think of it, I have not come across a single new Fiesta on the roads yet. Smell of step-motherly treatment ?
Old 1st April 2015, 20:58   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsen View Post
I really love this car, but surprisingly there was not a single new Fiesta in the service center during my visit last week. Even the SA drew a blank when I asked about the sales of the new Fiesta. He was all gaga over Ecosport. Come to think of it, I have not come across a single new Fiesta on the roads yet. Smell of step-motherly treatment ?
The Fiesta is an easy car to sell to the right target segment.. Feature rich + killer looks + road manners.. All at a great price. But I think it is more a function of minimal supply, so the dealers probably focus more on whats available for them to sell. My dealer told me that they get only a few Fiestas allotted to them every month. And the rest probably goes into high margin export sales.
Old 6th April 2015, 08:02   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post

Ok fellas, so I am planning to get the Fiesta, but Titanium is just too far out of my budget and they don't provide bluetooth and Alloy wheels in the Trend.
One option would be to go for the Trend and get a Kinivo BTC 455 bluetooth accessory and 16" Alloys with better tyres, the other option would be to get the Ambiente variant, use the money saved to get good ICE (resulting in much better sounding system) and Alloys + Tyres. I don't like door handles and ORVM in black, so I can get them painted at the dealership itself.

Can you good folks please help me in deciding? I would have gone for the second option, the Ambiente, with the savings, I could also get the Bucket seats of the Titanium installed in Ambiente. but the biggest obstacle is that Ambiente doesn't have steering mounted ICE controls and an after market HU would definitely not look as cool as the OEM one.

BTW, I am in U.S.A. for couple of months now and I can buy some stuff from here if needed.
IMO, you should go for the Trend variant. You will not be losing much vis-a-vis Titanium and more importantly, you will have features like dual airbags, ACC, fog lamps, cruise control (awesome feature to have, trust me!), ICE etc over the Ambiente. With the money saved over the Titanium, get the bucket seats and the alloys. This is the best option mate.
What would be the tire profile if you'll be getting the 16" alloys??? IMO, it should be a lower profile as the normal profile would hit the side walls and getting a lower profile tire means compromising on the ride quality which is quite stiff already.
Porschefire is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2015, 13:14   #669
BHPian

Quote:
IMO, you should go for the Trend variant. You will not be losing much vis-a-vis Titanium and more importantly, you will have features like dual airbags, ACC, fog lamps, cruise control (awesome feature to have, trust me!), ICE etc over the Ambiente. With the money saved over the Titanium, get the bucket seats and the alloys. This is the best option mate.
What would be the tire profile if you'll be getting the 16" alloys??? IMO, it should be a lower profile as the normal profile would hit the side walls and getting a lower profile tire means compromising on the ride quality which is quite stiff already.
Second the opinion. Ambiente lacks certain crucial features which can not be organized after-market

Have a query here. Can someone suggest where in NCR to get the bucket seats installed? Checked and its not done at the dealer's end.
Old 7th April 2015, 09:31   #670
BHPian

Quote:

I got your point. Trend + Alloys and Bucket seats is indeed the best bet. I wish to go for 195/55R16 with 16" alloys, hence the ride height won't alter by much.
If its a bad choice by any means, I will stick to the OEM 195/60R15, and just get some good looking 15" alloys.
In this case, can I get Alloys from the 2011 Fiesta, I just love that simplistic adorable design? Also, is investing for better low noise tyres worth it, or the OEM ones are good enough for usual usage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsm97 View Post
Second the opinion. Ambiente lacks certain crucial features which can not be organized after-market

Have a query here. Can someone suggest where in NCR to get the bucket seats installed? Checked and its not done at the dealer's end.
Yes, my SA doesn't even agree to the fact that Titanium has any different seats, so to get the Bucket seats at dealer's end won't be possible. Still, would love to know if we can get them installed in Trend variant car and for how much. Even just the driver seat is fine for me.
Old 7th April 2015, 10:47   #671
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
With the money saved over the Titanium, get the bucket seats and the alloys. This is the best option mate.
Quote:
I got your point. Trend + Alloys and Bucket seats is indeed the best bet.
Yes, my SA doesn't even agree to the fact that Titanium has any different seats,
What is meant here by bucket seats is not quite clear. All three variants of the face lifted Global Fiesta are equipped with same height adjustable driver seats as standard. Only difference is in the kind of fabric/leather used.

Last edited by rajeev k : 7th April 2015 at 10:49.
Old 7th April 2015, 10:55   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
What is meant here by bucket seats is not quite clear. All three variants of the face lifted Global Fiesta are equipped with same height adjustable driver seats as standard. Only difference is in the kind of fabric/leather used.
Side bolstering is wider in Titanium seats. In addition, front portion of the seats protrudes out providing addition under thigh support. Fabrics too are different but that is not a significant variation.
Old 7th April 2015, 12:08   #673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
For your reference.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3545903

Quote:
I got your point. Trend + Alloys and Bucket seats is indeed the best bet. I wish to go for 195/55R16 with 16" alloys, hence the ride height won't alter by much.
If its a bad choice by any means, I will stick to the OEM 195/60R15, and just get some good looking 15" alloys.
In this case, can I get Alloys from the 2011 Fiesta, I just love that simplistic adorable design? Also, is investing for better low noise tyres worth it, or the OEM ones are good enough for usual usage?
Kindly check with the dealer or the accessories personnel if the 16" would be a good fit with that tire profile and ensure it doesn't hit the sidewalls. It might not hamper the ride height but will surely affect the ride quality and will have a small effect on the FE, maybe by 1-2 kms.
Best bet is to go for 15" alloys and better tires. I don't think you can get the 2011 Fiesta alloy design but you do get a design similar to the ones that were offered in the Fiesta 1.6S, as a dealer accessory. OEM tires are good but lose grip when you are pushing the car and bring in some road noise as well. If you are willing to change the tires, then go for it. Mind you, you get a terrible buy back for those stock Goodyears as stated by many, elsewhere in this thread.

Last edited by Porschefire : 7th April 2015 at 12:10.
Old 8th April 2015, 02:21   #674
BHPian

Quote:
For your reference.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3545903

Kindly check with the dealer or the accessories personnel if the 16" would be a good fit with that tire profile and ensure it doesn't hit the sidewalls. It might not hamper the ride height but will surely affect the ride quality and will have a small effect on the FE, maybe by 1-2 kms.
Best bet is to go for 15" alloys and better tires. I don't think you can get the 2011 Fiesta alloy design but you do get a design similar to the ones that were offered in the Fiesta 1.6S, as a dealer accessory. OEM tires are good but lose grip when you are pushing the car and bring in some road noise as well. If you are willing to change the tires, then go for it. Mind you, you get a terrible buy back for those stock Goodyears as stated by many, elsewhere in this thread.
If buyback is not good enough, probably going for better tyres is not worth it as it is not VFM at all. Now, about the alloys, if one alloy of 2011 Fiesta breaks, the owner is suplosed to be getting a new alloy from a Ford service center, isn't he? So, that design should be available IMO.
Old 17th April 2015, 12:33   #675
BANNED

Quote:
Now, about the alloys, if one alloy of 2011 Fiesta breaks, the owner is suplosed to be getting a new alloy from a Ford service center, isn't he? So, that design should be available IMO.
The stock 15 inch alloys of the 2011 Fiesta are actually available as an OE accessory for the lower variants of Ecosport. (Please refer the below link)

http://www.india.ford.com/suvs/ecosp...=1249024077384

Infact I had seen a couple of Ecosports plying with these during my regular office commute and in the MPL service center here in Chennai. Also when you had decided to upgrade the stock wheels and tyres why not the 16 inch alloys of Ecosport Titanium which I think should look good on Fiesta without any major effect on handling and performace.

Most Viewed