Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2015, 07:24   #691
BHPian

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
On a different note, my phone is not pairing with the Sync from last week. Just curious if any of the other fellow fiesta owners faced a similar issue?
I had some issues where my phone would not automatically pair with sync and I had to pair it manually each time I got into the car. Solution was to delete the saved device from previously paired list in both the phone and sync and to redo the pairing from scratch. It worked like a charm after that.

Tip no. 3 in the below link

http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-t...th-myford.html
Chuckster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 07:45   #692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
Had been on a road trip to Mysore - Bandipur - Ooty.
I really enjoyed driving the fiesta on the highway. My wife drove all the way from Bandipur to Ooty. it feels awesome on the hairpin Bends
I brought this car after trading in my old Ikon 1.4 tdci which had clocked 1.25 L kms in 5 yrs. My car is off to its 20k third service in just 9 months.

I do not regret my decision of buying this beauty. Its a head turner.
Heartiest congratulations for the Aston! IMO, this color brings out the Aston-ness of the car best! 20k in 9 months is some serious mileage!!! Nice to see you enjoying the car and more so that your better half also enjoys driving it!
Wishing you many many happy miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsha89 View Post
Hello Sir,
I'm considering the Fiesta, but am also stuck between this and the Honda City. Is the overall performance adequate ? An ownership thread would also be very helpful too . Wish you many happy and safe miles.
I'll say Honda City if space and comfort are your top priorities. For everything else, Fiesta eyes closed!
You can log onto anachronix's or my ownership review for more details. Here are the links -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ew-report.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...rd-fiesta.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
On a different note, my phone is not pairing with the Sync from last week. Just curious if any of the other fellow fiesta owners faced a similar issue?
Have you tried deleting and pairing your phone again? It works for me every time my phone is not detected. Also, do you have multiple phones connected to Sync?
Porschefire is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 23:38   #693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
Had been on a road trip to Mysore - Bandipur - Ooty.

I brought this car after trading in my old Ikon 1.4 tdci which had clocked 1.25 L kms in 5 yrs. My car is off to its 20k third service in just 9 months.

I do not regret my decision of buying this beauty. Its a head turner.
Same here I traded off my ikon TDCI with 64k in odo and bought this beauty.. its definitely a head turner. I guess its "Once a Ford man - ALWAYS a Ford man! "
btw Find a fiesta in the pic
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-20150516_103946-2.jpg  

quakerme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2015, 01:24   #694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quakerme View Post
Same here I traded off my ikon TDCI with 64k in odo and bought this beauty.. its definitely a head turner. I guess its "Once a Ford man - ALWAYS a Ford man! "
Could see a white one in front of the house (or whatever building it is).

Ford's marketing strategy for Fiesta has made it a rare to be seen specie, so it is observed with a sense of curiosity. Considerable appreciative looks, but strangely no effort by Ford to convert these to actual ownership.
Old 22nd May 2015, 16:54   #695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post

Have you tried deleting and pairing your phone again? It works for me every time my phone is not detected. Also, do you have multiple phones connected to Sync?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
I had some issues where my phone would not automatically pair with sync and I had to pair it manually each time I got into the car. Solution was to delete the saved device from previously paired list in both the phone and sync and to redo the pairing from scratch. It worked like a charm after that.

Tip no. 3 in the below link

http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-t...th-myford.html
Thanks and Thanks.. I did try all options as mentioned in the Ford troubleshooting link and also did a restore to factory settings but still get the pairing unsuccessful message. Intend to try it with a different phone and if the issue persists, Ford service center will need to be visited.. And anyway have done 1500 kms so need to take it there.

I just keep looking for any excuse to drive my car
Old 22nd May 2015, 21:21   #696
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quakerme View Post
There it stands, the new Fiesta, in a glistening shade of white right before the house. That pic was awesome man!
Old 24th May 2015, 17:21   #697
BHPian

Am planning to buy a new vehicle as my Fiesta 1.4 is getting pretty old as its odo is nearing 100,000 Km. (I had absolute fun with my fiesta and i believe nothing can replace it.) As a ford lover, i never opted to look for any other manufacturer other than the ford itself and prepared myself to book the All new Fiesta 2014. But then i happened to take TD of new Linea 1.3 MJD recently and somehow my eyes are pooping over it now. I feel very much connected to the Linea's Hydraulic Steering than the new fiesta and the confusion has arrived now
Old 24th May 2015, 21:17   #698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post
Am planning to buy a new vehicle as my Fiesta 1.4 is getting pretty old as its odo is nearing 100,000 Km. (I had absolute fun with my fiesta and i believe nothing can replace it.) As a ford lover, i never opted to look for any other manufacturer other than the ford itself and prepared myself to book the All new Fiesta 2014. But then i happened to take TD of new Linea 1.3 MJD recently and somehow my eyes are pooping over it now. I feel very much connected to the Linea's Hydraulic Steering than the new fiesta and the confusion has arrived now
Wow, this a tough decision to make. I was in the same dilemma 7 months back and you know what I did? Never took a test drive of the Linea which made my decision to go for the Fiesta a lot easier.
Both the cars are pretty similar in every sense, be it space, refinement, performance, build, equipment and quality. Even the A*S*S are comparable. HPS is an added advantage in the Linea but let me tell you that the EPS is not bad in the Fiesta. It is perfectly calibrated and you feel connected with the road all the time. The Fiesta I feel scores over the Linea in terms of drivability due to its larger displacement. I'm not a fan of chrome at all and I think it is a little overdone in the Linea. This was the only deal breaker for me.
My suggestion would be to test drive both the cars back to back and test drive them again to clear all the doubts. You will not go wrong with either so choose the one which you feel most connected to.
Happy shopping!
Porschefire is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2015, 23:56   #699
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
HPS is an added advantage in the Linea but let me tell you that the EPS is not bad in the Fiesta. It is perfectly calibrated and you feel connected with the road all the time. The Fiesta I feel scores over the Linea in terms of drivability due to its larger displacement.
I too was in the same situation 2 months back and while you are comparing Linea MJD, I looked at the T-jet and ditched it for the Fiesta.
I have booked the Fiesta Trend in White. For the same money, I could get the Linea T-jet Dynamic. The Linea would have come with Alloy wheels and bluetooth support as additional features over a Trend Fiesta. Also, though I didn't enquire much about discounts, I had a feeling that I could get a very sweet deal (on the MJD they offered a discount of Rs. 1 lakh).
What I feel is that if I liked the Fiesta over the T-jet, you would like it over the MJD for sure as MJD is slower, has got poor drivability because of infamous gear ratios & the turbo-lag and has messed up ergononics. Long clutch throw was another turn-off.
I am an ex palio owner, so I know how exactly Fiats feel and fair in long term ownership. I didn't have any issue using dead pedal in my palio but kept brushing my left foot with clutch while accessing it in the Linea during my TD. Hydraulic steering feels good, no doubt in that but it isn't as direct as the beautifully calibrated unit in the Fiesta. I could feel that the wheels are turning by as much degrees as I wanted and felt totally at home in Bangalore ORR's traffic near Ecospace. I didn't even consider the likes of City, Ciaz and Verna while Vento/Rapid came close but lost due to light steering, soft suspension and maintainance vows. Linea gives you features and Italian looks, but Fiesta is a better driver's car. It gives you full control. Will buy Alloys and a bluetooth kit separately, no big deal, but can't buy those driving dynamics!
itsashishsharma is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th May 2015, 22:43   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
I too was in the same situation 2 months back and while you are comparing Linea MJD, I looked at the T-jet and ditched it for the Fiesta.

I didn't even consider the likes of City, Ciaz and Verna while Vento/Rapid came close but lost due to light steering, soft suspension and maintainance vows. Linea gives you features and Italian looks, but Fiesta is a better driver's car. It gives you full control. Will buy Alloys and a bluetooth kit separately, no big deal, but can't buy those driving dynamics!
My two cents on it. I too test drove T-Jet and loved the power thrust from engine, but something was missing in the ergonomics. It was uncomfortable drive despite my adjusting the position several times. Also felt that till turbo kicks in, the car feels heavy (would actually prefer an owner to put his view on it).

Fiesta, despite its limited power, has nice tractability. Turbo lag is minimal, could not feel any during test drive. And though Linea has nice steering, Fiesta is no less.

I think if performance is prime consideration, T-Jet clearly scores. On other parameters (including mileage) Fiesta either is at par or excels over Linea.
rsm97 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2015, 00:41   #701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsm97 View Post
My two cents on it. I too test drove T-Jet and loved the power thrust from engine, but something was missing in the ergonomics. It was uncomfortable drive despite my adjusting the position several times. Also felt that till turbo kicks in, the car feels heavy (would actually prefer an owner to put his view on it).

Fiesta, despite its limited power, has nice tractability. Turbo lag is minimal, could not feel any during test drive. And though Linea has nice steering, Fiesta is no less.

I think if performance is prime consideration, T-Jet clearly scores. On other parameters (including mileage) Fiesta either is at par or excels over Linea.
Totally agree!
I know what you mean by "something was missing". Ergonomics are the biggest issue with the Linea, and even the Punto for that matter.
Ride is one thing where I thing Linea fares better but the Fiesta is a better driver's car overall. Linea's steering though a hydraulic unit, isn't as direct and precise. Fiesta is hence a class apart.
Old 26th May 2015, 09:24   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Wow, this a tough decision to make. I was in the same dilemma 7 months back and you know what I did? Never took a test drive of the Linea which made my decision to go for the Fiesta a lot easier.
Am also not a fan of chrome. Since i was used to HPD all these years, i felt the new fiesta's steering is light compared to the Linea MJD and loved the turbo that kicks starts at 2000Rpm. I had done the TD of Fiesta twice earlier but didnt had an opportunity to drive/test it at high speeds to weigh the steering feel. I was able to manage only 50-60 kmph in the chennai traffic. May be i should do it again back to back with Fiesta and linea. I also felt that the space at the rear is more compared to Fiesta. Is that so?

Last edited by ampere : 26th May 2015 at 09:38. Reason: Reduced the entire post quoted.
Old 27th May 2015, 18:17   #703
BHPian

Quote:
I had done the TD of Fiesta twice earlier but didnt had an opportunity to drive/test it at high speeds to weigh the steering feel. I was able to manage only 50-60 kmph in the chennai traffic. May be i should do it again back to back with Fiesta and linea. I also felt that the space at the rear is more compared to Fiesta. Is that so?
True, the space is a BIT more than fiesta. The dimensions of the car would tell you why. However the rear seats of the fiesta is sufficient for 2 adults and a child when you are going on a long drive.

My vote here goes for the fiesta for the below reason over Linea.

1)Steering is light in city traffic buts weighs up beautifully at higher speeds. Driving in the city traffic and parking is easier because of it. Linea hydraulic however stays the same all the time.

2)Bucket seats holds you like a baby.Front seats are the place to be in the fiesta, while in linea it was a bit blunt for my taste.

3)Blue and Jazzy interiors in fiesta feels makes me feel more welcome than the boring old red found in the linea.

4)Less chrome.Thats Something I personally dont like on a car.

5) I felt the factory music system / quality a bit better than the one in linea.

6)The engine is well tuned which makes it a little sporty when floored and at the same time it is also a lovely cruiser on the highways.

Why and if would go for Linea MJD :

1)it has a very good ground clearence than the fiesta. Can take the speed bumps without worryiing about scrapping.

2)If highways are the only place I am going to be then yes I would for it. This car is only a wonderful cruiser and you cannot expect it to push you back even a little bit when floored. The car is rock solid and you can feel it very well while driving.

3)Leg room in the back and the boot is bit more than the fiesta.

4)Interior quality is better than fiesta(atleast to me) and I prefer the black interiors rather than a mixed package or the beige's.
lakshman1067 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2015, 09:13   #704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakshman1067 View Post
1)it has a very good ground clearence than the fiesta. Can take the speed bumps without worryiing about scrapping.
Fiesta' GC is sufficient given the traits of the suspension and wheelbase of the car. The GC looks so low because of that air deflector at the front which is placed quite low under the bumper. But even that wouldn't touch ground on most places as its just before the front wheel. And it can easily take those small brushes as its made of not so hard plastic.

Btw, I have put the review thread up. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...rd-fiesta.html Hope you'll like it and find it useful!
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2015, 07:56   #705
BHPian

Need help! Have booked a Trend in Bangalore but haven't seen any pictures of a Trend. I know that in looks, there are a few subtle differences vs Titanium but how exactly would it look like, if I could get some reference, if Trend owners could please share photos of their rides?? Please.

Most Viewed