Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2015, 15:29   #736
BHPian

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post

And as for programming auto lock feature, here it is:

Attachment 1390650
Been there and tried that. I don't think the Indian fiesta has the programming mode. I was not able to get in no matter what. If someone has any luck with this, please let me know so I can confirm mine is a one-off case.
Old 11th July 2015, 06:55   #737
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I have this problem in the Ecosport. I have to press the recirculate button to overcome this problem. No need to press AC and then recirculate button. Try that.

And as for programming auto lock feature, here it is:

Attachment 1390650
The problem is that the Fiesta here doesn't have separate buttons for lock and unlock, its one single button. So, once you enter the programming mode, you won't be able to proceed further.

Check the video below, the car got dedicated lock/ unlock button on the door instead of the single button in the dash for us.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2015, 07:56   #738
BHPian

Funny but expected thing happened. I am on the lookout for a sedan and almost convinced on the Vento. But after looking at the reviews here, decided to checkout the Fiesta.

Went to Lathangi Ford.

Me : I'm looking for the Fiesta.
SR : sir, classic or new one?
Of course, new one.
Sir, right now we don't have any available vehicles. Would you like to try out the Ecosport?
No. I can wait. But I would like to have a test drive.
Sir, for Fiesta we don't have any test drive vehicles.
What? How's it possible?
Sir, we had one but I need to check with the manager where it went. Would you like to TD the Ecosport? It's much better sir.

THE END

Went to Elite Ford

Me : I am looking for the Fiesta.
Lady : Sir, Classic or new?
Me : New one
Sir, our sales representatives are in a meeting. I will call them.
OK
Me after 5 minutes : Any idea?
Sir, they are still in the meeting. Pls give me your number, I will ask them to call you back.

THE END

I, in fact, called again the same evening to find out. This time the lady ( a little rudely) : Sir, you have already given me your number. I will ask them to call you back.

Well, I think that's the end of the Fiesta, as well.
Raneeth is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th July 2015, 08:54   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raneeth View Post
Well, I think that's the end of the Fiesta, as well.
I just got my Fiesta delivered last Sunday. I tried sending a PM to you but it says something like you have disabled the feature. So, PM me and share your contact number. I will share contact number of my SA Sanjay and Hemanth feom Elite Ford. They are ok guys. They do have a TD vehicle that I drove. Same experience happened with me too. They try their best to push a classic or Ecosport. But I didn't leave these guys till I got my car. Anyway, they should bring the TD car to your place. If you trust me, the pain is totally worth it. I have driven Vento and Fiesta back to back and nothing comes close to Fiesta, nothing!
itsashishsharma is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th July 2015, 09:23   #740
BHPian

I am not sure. Don't even know how to enable it. Heck, I don't even have the option to PM you. Spoke to Elite on Thursday. No call back yet.

Any other way you could share the contact?

I drive a Punto right now so can relate to what you mean.
Old 11th July 2015, 10:25   #741
Team-BHP Support

Raneeth, newbie members (<25 posts) do not have the option of sending or receiving PMs. Please share your contact email or number here and report the post to have it deleted once the other member has taken note of it. Thanks!
Old 11th July 2015, 12:09   #742
BHPian

I love my Punto for everything except the severe lag that I face sometimes. I have the Sport version.

Not sure if the Fiesta has any similar problems?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th July 2015 at 12:41.
Old 11th July 2015, 13:12   #743
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not sure if the Fiesta has any similar problems?
Nopes, the 1.5 TDCi in Fiesta does not any turbo lag issues like the MJD in Punto. The power is available from very low rpm's and the driveability is extremely good.
Do get a test drive before you decide, it is worth the pain. Engine wise, Vento is much better if you can bear the high diesel clatter but you would not feel connected while driving as you do with the Punto.
Old 19th July 2015, 16:40   #744
BHPian

The same 1.5 TDCi engine of Fiesta is being offered now with a different tune in upcoming Aspire. Will generate 98.6 BHP and 215 N-m torque.

As owner of a heavier and more expensive (in all likelihood) Fiesta, I feel shortchanged. Can Ford do something with the tuning of current engine to get more out of it, even if at a price. My worry is about retaining warranty.

Last edited by rsm97 : 19th July 2015 at 16:41.
Old 19th July 2015, 17:13   #745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsm97 View Post
The same 1.5 TDCi engine of Fiesta is being offered now with a different tune in upcoming Aspire. Will generate 98.6 BHP and 215 N-m torque.

As owner of a heavier and more expensive (in all likelihood) Fiesta, I feel shortchanged. Can Ford do something with the tuning of current engine to get more out of it, even if at a price. My worry is about retaining warranty.
Ask me buddy, there were 0 cars sold in June. I got my Fiesta delivered 2 weeks back and the very next weekend, I got this News. I feel cheated too but then I had plans for a remap that will now happen a li'l sooner than planned for. Problem solved!
Old 19th July 2015, 18:03   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsm97 View Post

Why don't you get it remapped outside. I am sure one should be able to extract another 10 odd bhps easily. BTW, does fiesta come with a VGT ?.
Old 19th July 2015, 19:03   #747
BHPian

It is fixed geometry .
ranjithrnair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2015, 08:21   #748
Senior - BHPian

I read in one of the reviews that its a different turbo, FGT again and a new engine map. Our Fiesta will be going for the 10k service this week. Will try and get the details. So far from the reviews, it looks like Ford has done a great job in tuning the TDCi for Aspire. The right mix between drivability and power.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2015, 10:48   #749
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
THE END

THE END
I have forwarded the link of this post to whomever I could at Ford. I have never been disappointed whenever I have escalated an issue there.

Hope they look into your issue
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2015, 18:14   #750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Ask me buddy, there were 0 cars sold in June. I got my Fiesta delivered 2 weeks back and the very next weekend, I got this News. I feel cheated too but then I had plans for a remap that will now happen a li'l sooner than planned for. Problem solved!
Have complete empathy with you. And for me its not just the fancy for more, though that too exists for some extent. My own experience is that Fiesta actually begs for a bit more power/torque once the terrain gets steeper.

Most Viewed