Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2015, 10:16   #766

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

The only reason the Fiesta shows up on Ford's portfolio is because Ford doesn't want to kill the brand Fiesta.

The car is a sales dud and sales numbers are a testimony to that.
Sad to see a competent car go this way. Well, the silver lining is that the car is ultra rare on roads. I am an owner and I way from my experience that this car turns heads.
HVSC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 11:58   #767
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Do anyone have a clue whether the Fiesta will be reintroduced with an Automatic version? I'm planning to buy a new car after 15 years and I'm in love with Fiesta's handling. Sad part is wife can't drive a manual . Or else will have to compromise and settle for Aspire automatic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
Could it be that they have stopped dealer shipments because they plan to upgrade the engine to the 100PS one? (hope springs eternal ) Does anyone know a little birdie who can confirm this?
Had a chat with a very senior person from Ford. The company has no plans to revive the sales of the Fiesta and are mulling an all-new +4 m sedan (which is currently being sold in international markets) to replace the Fiesta. However, that will take another year, if not more. Reason being, they've learnt from research that rear leg room and interior room is of utmost importance for a car to sell and even 'that person' admitted that the Figo or the Aspire is going to have relatively more room at the back than this C-segment sedan. As of now, they're primarily focusing on the Aspire, Endeavour and the Figo hatchback.
S2!!! is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 12:20   #768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Had a chat with a very senior person from Ford...As of now, they're primarily focusing on the Aspire, Endeavour and the Figo hatchback.
Thanks for the info. Do you have (or can get) any insight on EcoSport facelift? Is that on the cards?
Old 8th August 2015, 14:49   #769
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohu9 View Post
Thanks for the info. Do you have (or can get) any insight on EcoSport facelift? Is that on the cards?
I actually forgot to ask anything about the EcoSport. I was busy asking about their new cars and their upcoming strategy. It was a very insightful conversation and will be revealed on Team-BHP in the due course of time...

Last edited by S2!!! : 8th August 2015 at 15:12.
S2!!! is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2015, 17:22   #770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
I actually forgot to ask anything about the EcoSport. I was busy asking about their new cars and their upcoming strategy. It was a very insightful conversation and will be revealed on Team-BHP in the due course of time...
Thanks. I can understand. It must have been a good conversation. With the new plant and the renewed focus on Indian market there is a lot that the American giant can offer our markets.

Creta and SCross sales numbers will be eagerly watched by the executives at all manufacturers. If these two products are even mildly successful at these rates then other manufacturers would also think of introducing better products from their portfolio into our market.

In that sense may be there is a silver lining to these higher prices of Creta and SCross.
Old 8th August 2015, 17:38   #771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self Driven View Post
Unfortunately he is right and no stock is given to dealers unless they have a order and book it in turn with Ford.

I have asked my sources on the other variants, will update once I receive a reply.

Buyers are ready to take the car and the company is not ready to sell, it happens only with Ford :(

Sorry brother. Update is you won't get it in the near future
Thank you !! Will be eager to hear back from you. So Ford is only selling their in stock Titanium versions. Don't understand why they didn't plonk the 1.0 Eco-boost in the Fiesta. Looking at the scenario it looks like End of Days for the glorious machine
Old 11th August 2015, 00:20   #772
BHPian

Hey guys, I can connect any phone to the Sync system via bluetooth but I am unable to play music from phone. If I play music on phone using phone's player app, mysic plays on the phone and not through car's speekers. Please help.
Old 11th August 2015, 11:09   #773

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Hey guys, I can connect any phone to the Sync system via bluetooth but I am unable to play music from phone. If I play music on phone using phone's player app, mysic plays on the phone and not through car's speekers. Please help.
While playing music, ensure you have the "Aux" mode selected on the car's sync system. If the phone is connected, it should then start playing tracks from it.
Wolfconsole is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 15:47   #774
Senior - BHPian

As i type this post, my Fiesta is enjoying the rains, far away in the hills of Himachal and atleast 500 kms away from me. She has completed 15000 kms now and running solid so far, no complaints to address (barring the silly rain sensor which keeps dangling down). The first service costed just 2100-2200 and that is in Santro/Alto category i tell you. Fuel efficiency is consistently 18-20 in city so far.

My sister took the car on her solo long drive to the hills and she is enjoying the car as much as i do. This statement from her over phone just describes the confidence Fiesta gives out on highways - "Brother, this car is so damn sturdy that 110-130 feels absolutely nothing, seems am crawling on the highway" . This pretty much sums it up Really do not have to tell about ride/handling package, you have to drive it to believe the fun on offer and experience the best steering below 20 lakhs.

It has been a fill it, shut it and forget it affair so far, no surprises since our Ecosport is also doing extremely well at 23k kms and support from Ford India has been top notch whenever required.

My only grouse with the car is power, this potent chassis and class leading dynamics definitely need more power, thinking of a remap once the car crossing 20k kms. Uploading some pics i received of the Fiesta and terrain it encountered on the way, as Ford says - "Go Further"

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-team-bhp.jpg

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-team-bhp-1.jpg

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-team-bhp-2.jpg

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-team-bhp-4.jpg

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-team-bhp-5.jpg

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-team-bhp-6.jpg

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-team-bhp-7.jpg

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-team-bhp-8.jpg

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-team-bhp-9.jpg
coolboy007 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 16:06   #775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Fuel efficiency is consistently 18-20 in city so far.
Are you serious?? Even my classic 1.4 gives these numbers on the highway only.

News from my side is that I called my friend in Ford and I heard the words i was waiting to hear for the past one week. Your Fiesta Titanium, Panther Black is BILLED and the waiting feeling worsens
Self Driven is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 20:40   #776
Senior - BHPian

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self Driven View Post
Are you serious?? Even my classic 1.4 gives these numbers on the
Oh yes, am very serious when i quote those figures. 1.5 TDCi is a pretty efficient motor and coefficient of drag with Fiesta is pretty low, that it sits low on road is an added advantage. My run does not constitute total bumper to bumper traffic but in Delhi, even off peak times are not the best when it comes to traffic. It returns 18 easily for me.

Congrats on your panther in black, eagerly awaiting pics of the same, should look lovely in black.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 21:43   #777
BHPian

For the benefit of brave souls who may want a fiesta

Feb '15 made cars(scorched in chennai sun) is available for booking with a dealer in titanium variant only

All other variants are not in stock and not in production too

Black and white colours are available

Add the shipping time after your booking according to your state

91ps engines is what is in place for you

If you cross all these hurdles like sindbad the sailor, you will get a ship that will sail you with a mean smile
Old 14th August 2015, 21:45   #778
BANNED

The Figo Aspire in its top trim gets a better tuned engine than Fiesta and 6 airbags and costs less than 2 lakhs when compared to Fiesta! Now how on earth can Ford update the Fiesta with the better tuning and expect it to sell? Does this mean the Fiesta production will be stopped?
Old 14th August 2015, 21:56   #779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Does this mean the Fiesta production will be stopped?
There is no production and fate of it will be slow death is what I heard. It may be produced in future but not for any sort of approach to re capture the market.

And on the engine, aspire has new engines from Gujarat tuned for a reason( some said psychological 100 ps mark)

Fiesta production stopped in Feb, ford could have stopped thinking on fiesta too
Self Driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2015, 20:14   #780
Senior - BHPian

Tragedy struck this afternoon while the car was coming back to Delhi today. A big stone flew off one of the truck's tyre and banged the windshield resulting in a big crack. The crack is atleast 18-20 cm's and it is on the non driver side.

Called Harpreet Ford to check on the availability of windshield and it was their weekly off for body shop so will have to call and enquire again tomorrow. Will see the price of a new one and decide to claim insurance or not, parts for Fiesta are costly so am expecting a big price tag.

The left side dummy reflector on rear bumper was broken by a biker and that damn piece of plastic costs 2100

Most Viewed