Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2015, 14:26   #781
BANNED

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

http://motorbash.com/not-a-single-fi...in-the-making/

Is there any chance of this happening? I have booked Aspire AT , the car is in transit. If there is a remote chance I would want to wait for the Fiesta, because of that beautiful steering. I'm caught between the devil and the sea.
The Rationalist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 14:46   #782
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post

Is there any chance of this happening? I have booked Aspire AT , the car is in transit. If there is a remote chance I would want to wait for the Fiesta, because of that beautiful steering. I'm caught between the devil and the sea.
There was another comment earlier that Ford doesn't have much hopes on the Fiesta right now as Indians have very high priority in rear seat comfort and the Aspire being in a lower segment actually offers better rear seat comfort.

They are probably focusing on the Aspire, Figo hatch and Endeavour and there might be no point in spending extra on updating the Fiesta. I think apart from updating the engine to Aspire 100PS tune they should sell it as built to order.

Another thought is get that Ecoboost 1.0L and the DCT box to distinguish with the Aspire. Aspire gets 1.5L Ti-VCT and Fiesta gets the 1.0 Ecoboost.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 14:54   #783
BHPian

Quote:

The difference in budget between the two cars is 2.48 lakhs(I am comparing petrol and diesel top ends) added to that extra road tax for the above ten lakhs ex showroom price.

Since you are mentioning AT and Petrol, I hope you expect the same in Fiesta

Wherever i spoke in Ford the answer i get is that Fiesta does not have any big plans for India, Its not a money spinner either. So the possibility of you getting a petrol AT fiesta is like Maruti making enthusiast cars

But I hope your dream comes true, but you may own an Aspire and Fiesta by then

Last edited by Self Driven : 18th August 2015 at 14:56. Reason: rectify the comparison mistake
Self Driven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 23:29   #784
BHPian

Quote:

The blogger seems an optimist. Its very difficult to foresee the Ford reviving Fiesta, a product they never nurtured or cared for in the first place. An acquaintance at Ford told once that there was no money to be made at the price it was (re)launched last year. Neither was Ford convinced that it will ever reach a critical number, hence decided not to spend on it their limited bandwidth of sales/marketing/logistics management and here they are. Same person also told me that contrary to the perception, Fiesta sedan does not have a significant share of exports made from India, so a double whammy.

If Ford sill decides to keep it alive and produces on order, the objective will be to maintain a full portfolio ranging from hatch to SUV. Aspire's 100 PS engine is quite likely to become a default 1.5L diesel, and in that case Fiesta too will get it. Ecoboost with AT... well, it doesn't hurt to be hopeful.

I wonder if launching Fiesta post Aspire would have been a better move. Ford in India was never big on sedan so no surprise that a half hearted effort failed. It still is too early to term Aspire a success, but has surely demonstrated Ford's capability in the segment. Fiesta in that case probably had been received better.

Last edited by rsm97 : 19th August 2015 at 23:31.
rsm97 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2015, 16:14   #785
BHPian

One more step in to joining the ancient race of Fiesta Owners. this race loves and lives to tackle the bull by the Horn(steering). We could ultimately end up in the hall of fame for owning limited edition car(thanks to Ford's sales plan for this car)

Got my VIN and confirmation that its in the stock Yard
Form 20 sent for signing with the leasing company

Now should I post the pictures and write about why i chose to join this race or write a ownership report after 5k Kms or keep quiet by just posting pictures

Buying / Owning a car has nowadays become stressfull

PS: I am buying Panther Black
Self Driven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2015, 16:20   #786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self Driven View Post
One more step in to joining the ancient race of Fiesta Owners. this race loves and lives to tackle the bull by the Horn(steering). We could ultimately end up in the hall of fame for owning limited edition car(thanks to Ford's sales plan for this car)

Now should I post the pictures and write about why i chose to join this race or write a ownership report after 5k Kms or keep quiet by just posting pictures

Do as much as you can. I have tried starting writing 2-3 times (mine came home on Jul 5th) but never succeeded.
I suggest you to sit and start typing w/o thinking much as keep it small and precise so that it could be completed in the little time you get from a busy schedule.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2015, 21:58   #787
BHPian

Quote:

My congratulations on your acquisition. I too chosen panther black despite its maintenance issues. IMO, works best on Fiesta.

And look forward to your sharing the inputs & experiences on regular basis.
rsm97 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 19:02   #788
BHPian

Just booked a white Fiesta titanium from Metro Ford, palace road today.

Sales person said he will confirm the delivery date on Monday. Now the desperate wait begins.

Planning to get two things once I get the car.

1) During a long TD, I felt the car to be underpowered and lacks top end . A remap awaits post 3K.

2) Need to change headlamps to 90/100. I drive mostly at night and going by my earlier Figo's experience, Ford lights are not that great.

Rest all is perfect in this car.
linuxmanju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 21:08   #789
Senior - BHPian

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxmanju View Post
Just booked a white Fiesta titanium from Metro Ford, palace road
Congrats on the booking and am sure you will enjoy the car as much as other owners do.

Quote:
1) During a long TD, I felt the car to be underpowered and lacks top end . A remap awaits post 3K.
The handling and chassis balance does beg for more power, there is no feeling of speed even at 100-110 due to its solid build and this aggravates the underpowered feeling even more. Have completed 16k and will go for a remap after 20k service.

Quote:
Need to change headlamps to 90/100. I drive mostly at night and going by my earlier Figo's experience, Ford lights are not that great.
Do not go by Figo's experience, Ecosport also has poor headlamps but Fiesta has excellent illumination due its double barrel headlamps.There is no need to go for 90/100, change to better quality bulbs for low beam but high beam is just brilliant. Good spread and good intensity of stock bulbs.
coolboy007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 19:32   #790
BANNED

Did the biggest mistake till date, did a test drive of Fiesta! Wow! This is one brilliant car, I was grinning ear to ear during the drive. I'm really tempted to buy this car, but the absence of Automatic option is the downer. It seems Ford has stopped production of Fiesta from May onwards, does it hint at the possibility of they going to bring out few changes or the model being shown the door?
Old 25th August 2015, 19:53   #791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxmanju View Post
Just booked a white Fiesta titanium from Metro Ford, palace road today.

Sales person said he will confirm the delivery date on Monday. Now the desperate wait begins
Congrats. It's a brave decision to invest in this car, but that bravery will be rewarded soon with the most involving car to drive.

My car is in Elite Ford awaiting registration. I booked a black, may be can play chess one day
Self Driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 00:35   #792
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats. It's a brave decision to invest in this car, but that bravery will be rewarded soon with the most involving car to drive.

My car is in Elite Ford awaiting registration. I booked a black, may be can play chess one day
Haha, good one. I am sure, with all that handling playing chess will be a piece of cake. Thanks for the congrats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Congrats on the booking and am sure you will enjoy the car as much as other owners do.
Thanks .

Quote:
The handling and chassis balance does beg for more power, there is no feeling of speed even at 100-110 due to its solid build and this aggravates the underpowered feeling even more. Have completed 16k and will go for a remap after 20k service.
Yup, but to be honest, in two TDs I took, the problem is not till 100/110, it takes its own sweet time to go higher post 120. I am currently driving a remapped 90 HP punto and I get to drive, either an i20 CRDI or a Vento most of the time on highway trips. So my comparison is against them.

Quote:
Do not go by Figo's experience, Ecosport also has poor headlamps but Fiesta has excellent illumination due its double barrel headlamps.There is no need to go for 90/100, change to better quality bulbs for low beam but high beam is just brilliant. Good spread and good intensity of stock bulbs.
Thanks a lot mate, one less worry for me then. Infact, I just went through couple of ownership threads and they confirm the same.

Last edited by linuxmanju : 26th August 2015 at 00:37.
Old 1st September 2015, 19:22   #793
BHPian

Quote:
The difference in budget between the two cars is 2.48 lakhs(I am comparing petrol and diesel top ends) added to that extra road tax for the above ten lakhs ex showroom price.
Fully agree. But its not that this difference is for nothing. The Fiesta is a much better car, and bigger car. AFAIK, Ford doesn't sell the Aspire in Europe even though its a big market for them - and boy, the Europeans love their small cars. The most likely reason could be that Aspire will not survive the Euro NCAP tests. And if that's true, that's where that 2.48 lakhs is going.

http://www.ford.de/Pkw-Modelle

They do sell the old KA, and it's going to be interesting when they launch the new one here in Germany.

http://www.ford.de/Pkw-Modelle/FordKa
Old 3rd September 2015, 07:02   #794
BHPian

And finally I am taking delivery of my Black Fiesta on a day that Tbhp news articles reads, FORD discontinues the production of the Fiesta

Boys will be always Boys. Ford Fans will be always Ford Fans
Self Driven is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 07:17   #795
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And finally I am taking delivery of my Black Fiesta on a day that Tbhp news articles reads, FORD discontinues the production of the Fiesta
LOL! That takes some conviction and guts indeed. Welcome to the brotherhood. Be in no doubt, the car is totally worth it.

Please get us some pics. Fiesta looks the best in Panther Black. We didn't opt for it only due to the upkeep. Both my wife and I liked the black a lot.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed