Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2015, 09:24   #841
BHPian

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Hey buddy, did you get any solution for it?
Thanks for your followup. I checked with my company on this, Since its a comprehensive lease plan anything can be repaired free of cost(from my side).

so waiting for 1st service
Old 24th September 2015, 11:58   #842
BHPian

Quote:
Hey there, you got your car back? How does she look? Mind posting some photos and details of the damages with invoice details on expenses?
Go for that remap man, there is an excellent thread on an Ecosport's remap. Seems there are some real good options for remap available for this engine.
Getting it today - I am feeling so excited (Getting back the car after 3 weeks!)

I am hoping they've done a good job with it. The bill came to 1.04L (you read it right). However, thanks to bumper-to-bumper insurance, I'll be paying only about 4K.

The car at 56,000 kms (just before the accident) feels like new, and had zero rattles. I don't know how many cars (way more expensive ones) can even say that. I hope this service hasn't affected the car (very tense)

I think it is time to go ahead with the remap (since I am feeling adventurous). I am a little nervous that I shouldn't spoil the car.

I am also planning to change all the four tires. Can any experts recommend the best ones available now?

Priorities
1. Handling
2. Ride
3. Stickiness (esp in wet)
4. Not too soft (to avoid visits to puncture shops!)
Old 24th September 2015, 12:09   #843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self Driven View Post
I hope this service hasn't affected the car (very tense)

I think it is time to go ahead with the remap (since I am feeling adventurous). I am a little nervous that I shouldn't spoil the car.
I am also planning to change all the four tires. Can any experts recommend the best ones available now?
Priorities
1. Handling
2. Ride
Those guys have charged a lakh for it. They must have done a good job. Please don't worry about it and enjoy the car.
There are many remappers now a days. We have threads on them. You can search for "Wolfmoto" to start with. Please do a thorough research. I once read in a thread that there were not many who actually change the code, albiet they would just change values of the program, the former is better.
I had the same requirements for tyres and got Yoko Earth 1 for mine. They stick good, ride is better with these, handling is super hot and are not very soft unlike Michelins and Yoko A drives that keep getting punctured.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 12:34   #844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post

I am hoping they've done a good job with it. The bill came to 1.04L (you read it right). However, thanks to bumper-to-bumper insurance, I'll be paying only about 4K.
Good to hear that you are getting your ride back.

Quote:
I have used Tune O Tronics services earlier for my Punto and Figo, and trust me they are very good. Sid is a genius and he personally checks how the car is being driven sitting next to you then remaps accordingly.

The best part about them, they are very honest and no marketing talks, like their remap won't effect anything .. Etc. I will get my fiesta remapped by them once I cross 5k.

Quote:
Priorities
1. Handling
2. Ride
No expert here, but Primacy LC I used earlier served well. Grips are amazing and handling was sublime.
linuxmanju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 16:18   #845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxmanju View Post
I have used Tune O Tronics services earlier for my Punto and Figo, and trust me they are very good. Sid is a genius and he personally checks how the car is being driven sitting next to you then remaps accordingly.
I agree with all the points on the their knowledge, approach and support. I dealt with vivek who is a partner along with Sid

Quote:
I remapped my Classic 1.4 with them at 15k KMS and sold it at 33k KMS. Not a single day that I had a error lamp glowing or reduction in mileage.

When i inquired about Eco Sport then, they said the ECU was not as simple as 1.4 and requires to be removed from the vehicle.

I assume that the same is in the Fiesta too. This is not to scare you but just for your information.

Waiting to read a review of Fiesta on steroids
Self Driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 18:59   #846
BHPian

Quote:
I remapped my Classic 1.4 with them at 15k KMS and sold it at 33k KMS. Not a single day that I had a error lamp glowing or reduction in mileage.
I drove mine for 30k odd kms without a single trouble. Even got a bit more aggressive map after using the first map for 1 year. That too free of cost . You always feel good when you interact with them.

BTW, did you get a chance to drive their remapped swift?. I test drove that for fun and boy oh boy, that thing jumps at each time you touch the accelerator.
linuxmanju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 20:11   #847
BHPian

Quote:
BTW, did you get a chance to drive their remapped swift?. I test drove that for fun and boy oh boy, that thing jumps at each time you touch the accelerator.
Though he brought the swift to my place I did not know that it was a re mapped one. Those guys being in this trade for passion should definitely have done a top notch job in that. My bad did not get a chance to drive it

On the fiesta, talking to the sync to play tracks is fun. Since it does not recognise regional words, it plays randomly. And that acts as a second level shuffle
Old 25th September 2015, 00:52   #848
BHPian

Quote:
Those guys being in this trade for passion should definitely have done a top notch job in that.
Quote:
You always feel good when you interact with them.
Guys, please share their contact details and other info like their website adress etc. Will help
Old 25th September 2015, 08:41   #849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One more trick if you wish to know. Music system on switch off the engine, it still plays. Open the door, voila...
The same happens with Bluetooth telephony. Switching the car off won't disturb the call. But the call with automatically revert to private mode if you open the front door to get out. And that's only for the driver side door. Thoughtful!

Quote:
Priorities
1. Handling
2. Ride
Fiesta likes the tyres to be a little harder. Even with the stock Goodyear's, the car is more fun when the air pressure is up. So, do look at something with slightly stiffer sidewalls if you are sticking with 15". Continental has some good options.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 10:02   #850
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, please share their contact details and other info like their website adress etc. Will help

http://tuneotronics.com/home

Mr. Vivek - 9900024137

As per my last interaction they are placed near Decathlon in Sarjapur area.

They do home visit and other state visits too
Old 27th September 2015, 22:26   #851
BHPian

I got back the car and it is in splendid shape

It has new parts for almost everything except doors

I got Yokohoma Earth 1 (stock size - 196/60/R15) as new set of shoes for the Fiesta. The car feels even better to drive now!

I am going off topic here. But, I wanted to update everyone that all is well!

Since I just paid almost 20K for the tires, I am postponing my remap by a couple of months. There are are a couple of scratches in the side of the car (older ones) which need to be fixed too.

One thing at a time!

It may not be very useful now, but still I'll start an ownership thread. Life can start at 56 (K kms) too!
sriramv.iyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 22:35   #852
BHPian

Quote:
I got back the car and it is in splendid shape
I got Yokohoma Earth 1 (stock size - 196/60/R15) as new set of shoes for the Fiesta. The car feels even better to drive now!
It may not be very useful now, but still I'll start an ownership thread. Life can start at 56 (K kms) too!
Applause!
So glad to know your car is back.
Please post some pics buddy. Hey, even I got Yoko E1 for mine and the ride is really good. Please write that ownership review.
Old 29th September 2015, 16:23   #853
BHPian

Fellow Fiesta Owners. I signed up in the Ford Owners Page and got the Update SYNC message.The update is 526 MB and needs a USB to be plugged in the laptop. Very slow to down load.

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-sync-update-button.jpg

The updates on the new firmware is given below. Please use IE 11 and not any the browser. After the firm ware is saved in the USB. Plug the same in the USB slot and choose Install SYNC application from the SYNC settings Menu. It confirms to have installed in few minutes but you will get another confirmation after 15-20 minutes. The immediate difference is that the system tells you every time to use the voice commands rather than the switches to avoid concentration lapse from the road. Hope its useful to every one

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-sync-update.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-whats-update.jpg  

Self Driven is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 09:08   #854
BHPian

Quote:
Fellow Fiesta Owners. I signed up in the Ford Owners Page and got the Update SYNC message.The update is 526 MB and needs a USB to be plugged in the laptop. Very slow to down load.
Awesome, thanks alot for the valuable information. Is it possible to check the current version displayed in your sync and post it here ?. That way we will be able to compare the output with our own cars.

As my car is relatively new, I am selfishly assuming that the update has already been done by Ford ASS .
Old 30th September 2015, 10:56   #855
BHPian

Quote:
Is it possible to check the current version displayed in your sync and post it here ?.
The present version that shows up in my SYNC settings menu is v5.8. My car is also Mar '15 manufactured.
Self Driven is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks