Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2016, 16:49   #931
BHPian

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
My fiesta with bi xenon
Looks quite mean I must say. Would you mind sharing the details from where you procured it. 21k seems reasonable for the projectors and installation.
Old 16th February 2016, 17:04   #932
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebzgeo89 View Post
... after the 2 year warranty period.
Don't you have extended warranty? That's something I'll suggest for diesel cars, for peace of mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
My fiesta with bi xenon
Thanks for the pics. Please do add some night pics too, with the lights ON.
Old 19th February 2016, 11:45   #933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebzgeo89 View Post
Looks quite mean I must say. Would you mind sharing the details from where you procured it. 21k seems reasonable for the projectors and installation.
Got them installed at bafna cars pune. You can also contact genome group directly and they will send an installer or recommend you one in your area.
Old 20th February 2016, 15:12   #934
BHPian

Guys in Chennai, there seems to be a 2015 All New Fiesta Titanium White available at Chennai Ford. All those who are interested may call them up.

I would advise caution since the car has not been sold for so many months (probably since last oct/nov), it could be a showroom car or even a flood affected car. Chennai Ford (Sales Rep name is Govindan i think) said the on-road price was 12.57L and willing to give a discount of 57K. Which to me is still very less.
Old 21st February 2016, 20:03   #935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramharis View Post
Guys in Chennai, there seems to be a 2015 All New Fiesta Titanium White available at Chennai Ford. All those who are interested may call them up.

I would advise caution since the car has not been sold for so many months (probably since last oct/nov), it could be a showroom car or even a flood affected car. Chennai Ford (Sales Rep name is Govindan i think) said the on-road price was 12.57L and willing to give a discount of 57K. Which to me is still very less.
I don't think the the fiesta was in production till October 2015. It must be older than that. 57k is too less a discount anyway!
Old 22nd February 2016, 12:05   #936
BHPian

Hi guys,

I'm getting a sort of squeaky sound when I turn the steering wheel to the left side. The sound doesn't come throughout the turning, but only after about 90 degrees to 180 degrees and then at the extreme position. There's no sound while turning to the right though.

Had it checked both at Harry Ford and Kairali Ford. The Harry folks say that the issue is with the cork spring and it needs to be replaced under warranty. Seemed a bit iffy so went in for a second opinion but Kairali folks didn't seem any more knowledgeable regarding the issue either. Anyone faced anything similar here?

Thanks.
Old 12th March 2016, 15:52   #937
Senior - BHPian

There is 2015 make Ford Fiesta in smoke gray available in Metro Ford , Palace Cross.
It is a Trend version and according to them is a September make, but when I de-coded the VIN it shows as January , I may be wrong.

Car is in display and according to them was put on display just few days ago and was in the basement otherwise in another showroom.

Car looks neat from the outside, but had stains on the seats and door pads and the windshield had water stains near the rubber beading.

I went to check out the new Endeavor and when I saw this parked inside, my jaw dropped since this is one of my all time favorite after the Fiesta S and I actually thought of selling my Figo since I wanted a Fiesta if there was one in stock. But after they were not interested in reducing the price much, I left it at that . The price they were quoting was 10.95 OTR. I wasn't even sure what was the OTR when this car was on sale.

Odo stands a 85 kms
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-img_20160312_113740.jpg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-img_20160312_113510.jpg  

Last edited by tharian : 12th March 2016 at 16:08.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 16:08   #938
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
Hi guys,

I'm getting a sort of squeaky sound when I turn the steering wheel to the left side. The sound doesn't come throughout the turning, but only after about 90 degrees to 180 degrees and then at the extreme position. There's no sound while turning to the right though.

Had it checked both at Harry Ford and Kairali Ford. The Harry folks say that the issue is with the cork spring and it needs to be replaced under warranty. Seemed a bit iffy so went in for a second opinion but Kairali folks didn't seem any more knowledgeable regarding the issue either. Anyone faced anything similar here?

Thanks.
I faced a similar problem recently but in the old Fiesta petrol(2007). Initially the noise came from the front left side while turning left but later the situation deteriorated and I could hear it while going over a bad patch of road(which is actually the norm in India). However in my case it was a metallic springy kind of noise and not squeaky.
Took it to the local garage and the mechanic identified the reason to be a broken sway link bar on the left front side. The noise hasn't come back after getting it replaced.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 17:20   #939
BHPian

@Tharian, you are not wrong. Indeed it's a January make 2015. Those guys are just trying to make some quick money waiting for someone to fall for it!
Sebzgeo89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 22:00   #940
BHPian

Ford website still has the face lifted fiesta listed. Is the car back in production? Or its just a mistake?
Old 12th March 2016, 22:12   #941
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Ford website still has the face lifted fiesta listed. Is the car back in production? Or its just a mistake?
It was actually never taken off from the website, though according to the dealers, the production of the Fiesta has been stopped.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2016, 11:13   #942
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
There is 2015 make Ford Fiesta in smoke gray available in Metro Ford , Palace Cross.
It is a Trend version and according to them is a September make, but when I de-coded the VIN it shows as January , I may be wrong.
I am confused. The Trend version used to get smoked headlights. But it doesn't look so from these pictures. This post shows how it looks: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3468365

Btw, went on a drive to Idukki from here with a few buddies for lunch yesterday. Yes, the Fiesta makes you do things like that. And besides, very tasty homely meals is just INR 50 at Idukki.

BHPian and good friend naveen.raju shot this wonderful image of the Fiesta in front of the marvel that is Idukki dam.

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-dsc_0033-copy.jpg

He did all the hard work under the hot sun. Picking the spot, the angle, how the front tyres should be aligned etc. I merely sat inside the car. And the picture has come out rather well.
deetjohn is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 01:13   #943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I am confused. The Trend version used to get smoked headlights. But it doesn't look so from these pictures. This post shows how it looks: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3468365

------ Picking the spot, the angle, how the front tyres should be aligned etc. I merely sat inside the car. And the picture has come out rather well.
You are right that Trend has headlamps smoked. Here perhaps the shot angle playing the trick. Else, the lack of chrome strip below windows and absence of alloys indicate that it is not a Titanium. Identification as Trend seems right.

The photograph of your white one has indeed been taken with a professional's expertise. One of the best angles to shoot Fiesta.

Last edited by rsm97 : 14th March 2016 at 01:20.
Old 14th March 2016, 07:36   #944
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
All the more reason to stay away from it and probably why it is not sold in all these months. Probably was involved in an accident and the headlamps replaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsm97 View Post
You are right that Trend has headlamps smoked. Here perhaps the shot angle playing the trick. Else, the lack of chrome strip below windows and absence of alloys indicate that it is not a Titanium. Identification as Trend seems right.

It is a Trend as mentioned on the sticker on the rear window, posted here.
It doesn't have smoked headlamps. I checked in the other snaps I had taken of the same car.
Old 31st March 2016, 14:03   #945
BHPian

Folks,

I was having a look at my dashboard yesterday and voilà, there's a new sync software update that's come up -- E1BT-14D544-AL. This is the second one after E1BT-14D544-AK which was released in October last year. Finished installing it yesterday and took around 20 minutes(felt longer) to get it done. The engine needs to be running the whole time so I started the process as I was leaving work to go home. The current version is 5.9 after the update. Attaching the change log.

"
Media
Streamlined connectivity allows you to connect smartphones to SYNC® via USB and browse its content on the SYNC screen.48

Voice
When you say, “Call <name>” the name will now appear on the SYNC® screen, confirming your command.
The voice command “Redial” has been added to call last number dialed.
A message on the SYNC® screen will let you know SYNC is either connecting to the last paired device or searching for a new one.
When you want to switch audio sources, you can now say, “AM” or “FM” without saying “Radio” first.

AppLink
If you are trying to access apps through SYNC® AppLink™ and your device is not connected, SYNC will display a prompt, reminding you that your device must be connected either by Bluetooth or USB for iOS devices.
If you are trying to access a compatible app on SYNC® AppLink™ and it is not running on your iPhone or other iOS device, such as an iPad and iPod Touch, you’ll now be reminded by a voice and screen prompt.
"

Thanks.
Chuckster is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks