Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2018, 20:36   #1021
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Groan :( Spent 16k for repainting both bumpers and detailing at OCD in Chennai in late December and got my car back on January 2. Looking superb. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chenna...ml#post4332096

And then I left it parked outside a hotel yesterday in Tiruvannamalai. Saw it like this. And the security guy is in Jon Snow mode. Partly my fault, I should have left it in the hotel's inside parking, but it was full so I said I'd come back in a bit and park it inside. But I fell asleep after lunch, got up just in time to head out for the Giri Valam (a 14 km walk around a hill sacred to Lord Shiva). I came back after it to see this.

The car was parked well inside the pavement and the area outside the hotel serves as overflow parking because its restaurant is quite popular in the town, which I didn't know when I parked it there, it looked like a generally open space. Entirely my fault in this case, so I left cursing my luck. Usual "parking at guest's own risk" policy of course.

My usual FNG guy (Speed Motors) is charging me 8k to "stitch" the torn bumper and then repaint it + the panel. He does a brilliant tinkering job, but his repainting is workmanlike rather than with the painstaking attention to detail that OCD does, but OCD is expensive and my wallet won't stand another huge hit on it at the moment, so that's for later.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-fiesta.jpeg  

hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2018, 22:21   #1022
Team-BHP Support

That one hurt just looking at it!

Little consolation, but you missed losing the RHS headlamp by a few inches. That would've cost more than a pretty penny to replace.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 21st January 2018 at 22:22.
Old 21st January 2018, 22:44   #1023
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
That one hurt just looking at it!

Little consolation, but you missed losing the RHS headlamp by a few inches. That would've cost more than a pretty penny to replace.
That would truly have been rubbing salt on my wounds if it had happened.

Thank you so very much for reminding me of the silver lining in this cloud.
Old 22nd January 2018, 00:10   #1024
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
...reminding me of the silver lining in this cloud.
Sucks to have a well-maintained car damaged, esp. while parked.

Had a similar episode in a Pune hotel basement on a road trip. Thankfully no functional damage, but the cosmetic damage was substantial and kept me up all night, even though I'd driven 800+ kms that day and had another 1000 to go the next.

Bummer, but one learns to count blessings once the rage subsides

P.S. Does Ford sell those alloys separately? I may pick up a Ford sometime this year, and I'm partial to that design.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 05:28   #1025
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Does Ford sell those alloys separately? I may pick up a Ford sometime this year, and I'm partial to that design.
Yes the alloys are sold separately and indeed I bought a single extra alloy, which a local ford dealership ordered for me for something like Rs 8500 and I got in two or three days.

The tyres are 195x65r15 but the spare is 175x65r14 with metal rims, and the wheel well only fits this spare so that it is a bit of a tight fit - and not a very good fit - when you buy a new 195x65r15 + alloy and stick it in there.

Not sure why Ford wants to pinch pennies in this manner and again not sure why they’d manufacture cars with a wheel well that doesn’t fit the tyre that’s actually used in the car.

Last edited by hserus : 22nd January 2018 at 05:33. Reason: added spare details
hserus is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 17:32   #1026
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My usual FNG guy (Speed Motors) is charging me 8k to "stitch" the torn bumper and then repaint it + the panel. He does a brilliant tinkering job, but his repainting is workmanlike rather than with the painstaking attention to detail that OCD does, but OCD is expensive and my wallet won't stand another huge hit on it at the moment, so that's for later.
The car is back and looks quite decent.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-53adcd15adbd4fc184f27cea7cdaaab9.jpeg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-93186b8d090049278a32eb2ab1b6d4d4.jpeg  

Last edited by hserus : 24th January 2018 at 17:34.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2018, 10:12   #1027
BHPian

Quote:
The tyres are 195x65r15 but the spare is 175x65r14 with metal rims, and the wheel well only fits this spare so that it is a bit of a tight fit - and not a very good fit - when you buy a new 195x65r15 + alloy and stick it in there.

Not sure why Ford wants to pinch pennies in this manner and again not sure why they’d manufacture cars with a wheel well that doesn’t fit the tyre that’s actually used in the car.
The stock tyres are 195/60/R15. May be that's why it doesn't fit the wheel well.
Old 28th January 2018, 16:38   #1028
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvramsub View Post
The stock tyres are 195/60/R15. May be that's why it doesn't fit the wheel well.
195/60 it is. My mistake. The wheel well is 175/65R14 sized. You can sort of cram in a 195 tyre but not very well (that locking pin and cup doesn't fit into the alloy).
Old 28th January 2018, 17:54   #1029
BHPian

Guys, really need help here. My clutch has become quite hard and I dislike the wooden feel the brakes give. It's a diesel.
Is it possible to replace the Fiesta's clutch with current EcoSport's unit or the Aspire's?
Has anybody tried Brembo or any other brakes for their Fiesta that gives confidence inspiring braking feel?
Old 28th January 2018, 17:59   #1030
Senior - BHPian

How many km have you done? It’s possible that simply bleeding the clutch might help, with a set of new brake pads.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2018, 11:29   #1031
Senior - BHPian

For replacement, the clutch kit costs about 11K including labour; costs about the same as the replacement for the ES. But then, depending on the mileage its better to first attempt a full drain out/replacement/bleading the clutch (brake) fluid, the fluids are usually topped up. If that doesn't then think about a clutch replacement.

Brakes, more to do with cleaning and the fluid replacement/bleading should improve the brake feel. Compared to the earlier generation of Fords, the brake pedal feel is quite progressive and predictable in the Fiesta (not as good as the Fiat's though ).

Brembo, I have tried the slotted ones with the Brembo black pads. They are good for street use with superb bite, but then too noisy for regular city usage. Got them out and now I am back to the OEM setup. Not worth it!

I am trying to procure OE replacement Brembo which is on transit, I will test them and share my experience soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Guys, really need help here. My clutch has become quite hard and I dislike the wooden feel the brakes give. It's a diesel.
Is it possible to replace the Fiesta's clutch with current EcoSport's unit or the Aspire's?
Has anybody tried Brembo or any other brakes for their Fiesta that gives confidence inspiring braking feel?
anachronix is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 16:49   #1032
Senior - BHPian

Installed a dashcam from Aliexpress today.

The Dashcam (branded Xeowyn, the same as my stereo and from the same seller) is mounted behind the IRVM and records high resolution 1920x1080 video to an 8 GB SD card. It is powered from my car's cigarette lighter socket, for which + my phones I acquired a 3 socket USB cigarette lighter plug.

The SD card fits into a small slot on the side of the dashcam, and pressing it will release a spring that holds it in place.

The dashcam came with a bottom surface covered by 3M tape in order to stick it on the dash or windshield as necessary. As my dash is sloping, I stuck it onto the windshield.

The camera itself, mounted on the front of the dashcam, can be angled so that it faces forward towards the street, whatever the angle at which the cam is mounted (flat on the dash or angled when on top of the windshield).

Here's a sample video and a picture.

Attached Thumbnails
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-dashcam.jpeg  

Old 8th February 2018, 17:01   #1033
Senior - BHPian

Next buy - Steelmate TP-05 TPMS

Features

1. Internal sensors on the tyres, that emit radio frequency pressure signals

2. RCA connection to the onboard car stereo so that tyre pressure is displayed onscreen, and the unit can be programmed onscreen as well

3. A small button mounted on the dash (or in my case, in the cupholder next to the gearshift column, so that hot sunlight won't loosen the 3M tape that attaches the button). Press the button once for pressure readings, press it five times quickly for programming mode. And when you have entered a setting, press for two seconds for the setting to take effect.

Procedure -

Install the sensors and balance / align the tyres. Take care that the sensors marked LF RF LR RR (Left Front Right Front Left Rear Right Rear) are installed on the corresponding tyres.

Install the sensor module, button and RCA connections according to the wiring diagram.

Press five times to enter programming mode, set max / min pressure, unit (pounds per square inch instead of bars etc) and then it tells you to let some air out of each tyre in sequence so that the unit gets trained.

Once that is done you are all set.

There is an audible tone alert when a tire's pressure is lower or higher than the specified limits.

You can press the button once (you may have to put the fiesta stereo into AUX mode first) in order to display tyre pressures. Not terribly optimal but this is the best available with an external and non OEM sensor I guess.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-4817d5ad726b409da8ca50fcba911a64.jpeg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-072f5ecefa854444a622d77b04fcd802.jpeg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-7eebb3eac36e42068e6bbf28302abd25.jpeg  

Last edited by hserus : 8th February 2018 at 17:05.
Old 2nd May 2018, 18:31   #1034
Senior - BHPian

One question - I had to get the clutch on my fiesta bled back in July 2017, about a month after I got the car.

This clutch bleeding needed to be done today as well, after the clutch wasn't exactly harder than the typical Ford clutch, but when released, it'd travel back to its original position very quickly indeed, kicking up almost. I was almost afraid the clutch release bearing was giving way at hardly 34k km.

Bled it at Hans Ford in Ekkaduthangal, because Eureka Ford's Perungudi branch, where I usually go, appears to be in financial difficulties and Ford has stopped parts shipments to them. This is a nuisance since Eureka also runs the only over the counter Ford parts store in Chennai. That store is out of parts too.

Anyway, after bleeding the clutch and topping up clutch fluid, it is smooth as butter now.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2018, 19:20   #1035
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I am currently looking for a used car, stumbled upon a used Ford Fiesta (face-lifted) with the following details.

Year : June 2015
Odo reading : 65K
Variant : Titanium
Owner : First
Passing : MH-12

The dealer has quoted 6L, did a price check on few websites and got a price range of 5.15 - 5.65L.

Is is worth to buy this car at the given price? what should be the ideal price of this car provided this model has already been discontinued?
Jaeger is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks