Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2014, 22:50   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayk View Post
Good review. Thanks noopster and Vid6639.
Fog lamps are standard only in Titanium as per spec in Ford's website but it is standard also in Trend as per brochure as you mentioned. Which is correct?
In the pre-facelift model Style variant (equivalent to Trend now) has fog lamps as standard fitment. So I guess fog lamps are part of Trend package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Noop & Vid - Will the new improved features found in the Fiesta be moved to the EcoSport? Like the new steering feel, improved remote button to access the boot, a bit more premium feel in the cabin area in form of the new steering in the Fiesta?
I think the remote button feature will not make it to EcoSport because I believe Ford intentionally disabled the boot release button in EcoSport. Imagine if boot is unlocked by mistake when the car is on incline, the door just rushes back and it might hurt someone or it might hit wall or pillar. In case of Fiesta, when the boot is locked, it will just open up little but will not bang into some object person behind it.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 21st June 2014 at 23:49. Reason: merging posts. Please use edit option within 30mins.
Old 21st June 2014, 23:47   #92
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The Ecosport has a better back seat. Space is more and the raised seating is very comfortable due to good underthigh support. The back rest in Ecosport is reclinable so that adds another flexibility to the rear seats. However the Ecosport has stiffer ride and lack of rear arm rest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Agreed. If rear seat space is the main factor, EcoSport probably makes more sense than the Fiesta, which admittedly is cramped in the back. However the scooped-out front seat backs help optimise available space and we found the back-seat ride of the Fiesta excellent even as the car was thrown about some lovely twisties, so it should really not be a deal-breaker.
Thanks for the lovely crisp review guys.

Regarding the back seat is the incline any different from the earlier Fiesta? Other than the lack of legroom and claustrophobic feeling, the biggest grouse I felt was the poor back angle which wasn't very comfortable.
Old 22nd June 2014, 00:36   #93
BHPian

That's a comprehensive review there. I am surprised too, to see a big slash in price. I think, the initial pricing of this global fiesta when launched, has killed the product and drove the crowd away to Hyundai fluidic Verna. IMHO, this poor pricing strategy is one of the reasons that spiked the sales of Verna. Otherwise, Fiesta would have had a decent share in this segment.

I liked the face-lifted car, except for the alloy wheels. Like anachronix mentioned, it's just awful. Same is the case with Honda City 2014 whose alloy wheels are just as good as wheel caps. But, fiesta's alloy wheels are certainly better than 2014 Honda's.
Old 22nd June 2014, 01:07   #94
BHPian

Exteriors : What a STUNNING design! B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L.
11/10 for Ford's designing team!

Interiors : I wish they'd got the rear passenger section to be abit more spacious.

Safety : Kudos to Ford on having ABS with EBD and Airbag as a standard feature on all variants!

What a serious pity that they've got production constraints :(
Also, IIRC I've read somewhere that Blue won't make it to India!
What a mistake! Its almost criminal!

How I wish auto-makers would lend each other production lines, in such cases it'd be very helpful to consumers (and even the workforce as they're probably made to sit idle!).

I feel Pricing is right for the Ambiente variant, while others are just about OK (I wouldn't call them VFM).
Old 22nd June 2014, 01:58   #95
Senior - BHPian

Excellent pricing for the ambient version, even the ambient version is fairly loaded unlike base versions of CS currently on sale. Does anyone have interior snaps of the ambient version? wonder how the dashboard looks without IEC.
Old 22nd June 2014, 07:58   #96
Team-BHP Support

Ford now must at realise the fact cannibalising their own product is good for them. I think its quite possible, many tending to Ecosport can potentially end up buying the Fiesta thanks to pricing. As is the Ecosport deliveries are choked thanks to their export policy. Instead if people come to Fiesta no harm. It can gain numbers from all sides. Taking some from rival C-segments and some from folks who wanted to look at Ecosport.
ampere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2014, 09:10   #97
Senior - BHPian

Nice review guys!! Was waiting for an official review. Thank you.

I personally liked the design esp the Aston martini-sh grille. This is the global design which Ford is taking I believe now. Also I see many similarities between the 2014 Ford fusion in US and this car. Attached the pics for reference. I see the design cues mostly to be taken from Fusion.

I feel by coming up with this car, Ford is giving themselves a second chance albeit with a slight gamble by releasing only a diesel model. I sincerely hope that Ford is planning to release a petrol version with the ecoboost engine soon. Personally the only complaint that I have in this car is the rear leg room! Lets see how the market responds to this.

With the release of this car, I feel that a perfectly balanced driver car with good quality along with a better if not good A.S.S is available to people. Hope this makes the competition sit up and notice and to up their game as well.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-2014_ford_fusion_titanium_wallpaper.jpg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-2014fordfusionsedans4drfrontwheeldrivesedanphoto8.jpg  

TorqueyTechie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2014, 09:30   #98
BHPian

I am really disappointed not to see the kinetic blue as an option. So, a question for the experts - what does it take a company to provide more color options? Why do the manufacturers want to limit that?
Old 22nd June 2014, 10:22   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
I am really disappointed not to see the kinetic blue as an option. So, a question for the experts - what does it take a company to provide more color options? Why do the manufacturers want to limit that?
I think they'll introduce the Kinetic Blue when they launch the Ecoboost option for the Fiesta. But yes, its disappointing that its not offered now!
Old 22nd June 2014, 10:41   #100
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Ford now must at realise the fact cannibalising their own product is good for them. I think its quite possible, many tending to Ecosport can potentially end up buying the Fiesta thanks to pricing. As is the Ecosport deliveries are choked thanks to their export policy. Instead if people come to Fiesta no harm. It can gain numbers from all sides. Taking some from rival C-segments and some from folks who wanted to look at Ecosport.
Yes, this aspect is something which can really work for the Fiesta, and for Ford the numbers will stay within the family. And now with sweeter pricing, the Fiesta does have a chance to be successful.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd June 2014 at 10:18. Reason: Quoted post deleted
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2014, 12:42   #101
Senior - BHPian

Excellent pricing.

At 7.65 lakhs for base diesel model, Fiesta is offering immense value for money proportion. Had I been in market today for a new car hunt - Ford Fiesta would have been the pick!
Old 22nd June 2014, 12:48   #102
BHPian

Any idea how good/bad the rear seating is compared to other sedans viz., linea, vento, city? is it more comfortable to seat three or is it a little cramped now?
Old 22nd June 2014, 13:51   #103
BHPian

I guess you may have seen this video reported in cardekho.com, for your information:
http://www.cardekho.com/india-car-ne...-one-13286.htm

The 1.0 Ecoboost engine is now delivering a whooping 140PS power, expect Fiesta to get one
Old 22nd June 2014, 15:34   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravinkenator View Post
This is super awesome. Great pricing and yet again, a good, concise review.

I have a quick question. What is the ground clearance of this vehicle ? Is it 156 or 168 or 165 I have seen these 3 different numbers in different websites. Can someone throw some light on this ?

Tried fishing it in the brochure (http://www.india.ford.com/servlet/Bl...lob&blobkey=id) but did not find it.
Had a test drive of the New Fiesta and it feels awesome for a self driven car. The GC stated is 156mm but tried it on tall humps and did not scrape at all with 4 heavy built people inside.
srikant is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2014, 19:33   #105
BHPian

Good review, I have been a great fan of this car. Anyone who appreciates driving will like the dynamics of this car. The lowest version may look attractively priced but getting a non-OEM music system with that angled dash and weird shape could be a deal breaker. The Verna's, Vento's and Rapid's have been around for a while, so its pretty much between the City and Fiesta for folks who are looking out for something refreshingly new.

Most Viewed