Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2021, 12:58   #1141
BHPian

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiestaboy View Post
To the owners of New Fiesta:

Pls suggest some flat blade wipers from good brands with model name as I am planning to change the blades now.
Thankyou in advance.
I bought these wipers for my fiesta, as i couldn't source locally bosch/hella wiper that had the adapter for the fiesta. They have worked well for the past 6 months even though they are cheap.
https://www.amazon.in/Autoclean-Front-Ford-Fiesta-Titanium/dp/B081Z4WZJC/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3GRO3UVPUC116&dchild=1&keywords=fo rd+fiesta+wiper+blades&qid=1627974993&replacementK eywords=wiper+blades&sprefix=ford+fies%2Caps%2C299 &sr=8-3&vehicle=Ford%3AFiesta

Found these on boodmo, claim to be OEM.

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-8a61...xoCwAUQAvD_BwE

If you need michelin/bosch or hella wipers t8hen you would have to try locally to see if the adapter fits.

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 3rd August 2021 at 13:00.
rambo1o1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 19:01   #1142
BHPian

Is it difficult to find parts for this car? Wondering why you are looking at aftermarket wipers.

I am considering buying a used one.
Old 6th September 2021, 19:22   #1143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunedv8 View Post
Is it difficult to find parts for this car? Wondering why you are looking at aftermarket wipers.

Parts can be ordered from any Ford dealer or Ford parts distributor. However it isn’t always the case that a dealer or distributor is anywhere near your place.

Aftermarket is quite a search because the clips fastening the wiper blade to the wiper arm are non standard and more common in Europe. Hella is the only brand I’ve seen where some of their costlier models offer you a choice of connectors to fit various cars.
Old 6th September 2021, 21:10   #1144
BHPian

Hello team.

Wanted to know from current or past fiesta owners that have added HID kits to their vehicle, whether we need canbus compatible kits or non canbus ones will do. I am planning on getting HID kits from online (blaze India) and wanted to avoid any issues regarding canbus compatibility.

Thank you.
Old 6th September 2021, 23:42   #1145
BHPian

Quote:
Is it difficult to find parts for this car?
Mechanically, Fiesta is solid to the core but some spare parts are not readily available at authorised service centers nowadays. In such cases, you'll have to wait for a couple of weeks for the spares to arrive. Things seldom go wrong in this vehicle, but when they do, it costs a bomb. Still, I would happily recommend this car to anyone who needs a no-nonsense, fun-to-drive sedan in ₹ 3-5 lakhs range. For the dirt prices they are offered at, it offers super value-for-money now.
Shreyfiesta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 14:00   #1146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Took the Fiesta for the first longish ride (after I bought it in Feb'20). Chennai - Bangalore - Chennai.

Attachment 2089533

An year later, added almost 10K JOYFUL kilometres! There's not a single moment of frowning with this carz instead I feel soooo happy I jumped in and got this beauty.

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-pxl_20220113_121824614.jpg

Left the car for 80K service and only concern is a transmission oil leak which I asked them to overhaul.

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-img20220121wa0008.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Corners is where that chassis shines. Next time, try hitting that A pedal instead of the brake and sense the car pivot along the corner. The Fiesta can take an even sharper line with throttle. ...
Oh man !! Was coming from Kannur to Bangalore in Dec and at one point of time, was irritated by all "wanna be" race drivers - pushed a little hard to get away from them and started climbing a curved fly over at 100 and exited it at a 40% more speed, the car not flinching a bit in all that time - that's MAGICAL ! And all this with a puny 90 bhp engine and not straining one bit.

Quote:
Is it difficult to find parts for this car? ..

I left it at Dhruvan Ford for service and the guy says the rarest of the parts can be sourced from factory in 1 week's time. Hope that answers your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Hello team.

Wanted to know from current or past fiesta owners that have added HID kits to their vehicle, whether we need canbus compatible kits or non canbus ones will do. I am planning on getting HID kits from online (blaze India) and wanted to avoid any issues regarding canbus compatibility.

Thank you.
Have you tried it? I went ahead with an HID kit for the fog lamps and quite happy.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 21st January 2022 at 14:02.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 17:45   #1147
BHPian

Quote:

I left it at Dhruvan Ford for service and the guy says the rarest of the parts can be sourced from factory in 1 week's time. Hope that answers your question.

I am from Bangalore, where is Dhruvan Ford?
Anyway, I bought a Kushaq finally. I really do wish I could own a global Fiesta facelift - very special car indeed!

Thanks for responding though!
Old 25th January 2022, 21:22   #1148
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am from Bangalore, where is Dhruvan Ford?
Anyway, I bought a Kushaq finally. I really do wish I could own a global Fiesta facelift - very special car indeed!

Thanks for responding though!
Dhruvan Ford is in Chennai. Not quite sure what are your options in Bangalore. Hopefully someone from Bangalore will respond.
Old 25th January 2022, 21:34   #1149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I really do wish I could own a global Fiesta facelift - very special car indeed!
There's a TN car available which I just happened to notice on TBHP classifieds.

https://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy...d/Fiesta.html/
Bibendum90949 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 17:10   #1150
BHPian

Thanks guys! But I am not looking to buy anymore. I bought a new Kushaq already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
There's a TN car available which I just happened to notice on TBHP classifieds.

https://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy...d/Fiesta.html/

Car looks very good. But it is listed as having electric seats?
Old 31st January 2022, 00:12   #1151
BHPian

Quote:
An year later, added almost 10K JOYFUL kilometres! There's not a single moment of frowning with this carz instead I feel soooo happy I jumped in and got this beauty.

Attachment 2263264

Have you tried it? I went ahead with an HID kit for the fog lamps and quite happy.
I installed projectors in the headlights instead of the fogs as i required a bit more throw and the fogs couldn't reach that without blinding on coming traffic. I did however make a slight mistake with the projector lens size, ordered 3inch when i should have ordered a 2.5 inch lens. Due to this i am running the setup without any shrouds, but i kinda like it this way or grown to like it, excuse the poor quality pics
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-fiesta-hid.jpg

I went with Hella G5 lens and AES 55w ballast/ bulbs on recommendation from Blaze India. Extremely satisfied with my highway drives as i hardly use the high beam.

My Fiesta has covered 90,000 km and i got the timing belt service done, costed me about 11,000/- which included pulleys, tensioner and the accessory belt.
The steering rack has started to wear out and a full replacement will set me back 37,000/- but i know a local guy who can repair this for a fraction of the cost and according to him should last as long as the original had.

Overall still enjoying my drives and hope to do so for as long as i can.
rambo1o1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 14:05   #1152
BHPian

7 years of ownership and we are still very happy with this car. Although it has had 2 breakdowns during this period (low pressure fuel pump & PCM), it been a delight to own this car. Just completed a 1,200 km journey and the fuel efficiency still very good as pics show.

The car is rattle & noise free as it was when we bought it indicating how well put together it is.

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-b0d277031ffd492b9903567eea7712d4.jpeg

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-692cb68df73e48ddad23f1cff666bcfb.jpeg

Interestingly, the fuel efficiency has improved post replacement of the PMC.
PratikPatel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 14:21   #1153
BHPian

Hello.

I require a small favour from all the members here. Its a long story but i require picture of the R3 relay(PCM relay) that clearly shows the part number. The existing relay in my fiesta was replaced by a third party Chinese one(previous Caculo ford) almost a year and a half back and now to diagnose some issues they need to rule out this relay as the point of problem.

The ford service guys do not have any reference material with them that can show which relay corresponds to the PCM one( a sorry state of affairs) hence they are insisting on the original relay. Since there was no other fiesta available and i dint have time waiting for them to get ford engineers to revert back, would be grateful if someone can send the picture.

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-fiesta-relay.jpg

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-fiesta-relay-engine.jpg
Old 20th April 2022, 17:58   #1154
BHPian

Here you go. Hope this helps

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-3467b151156a4216b187ccc517fa8854.jpeg

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-4a85c709099547a0ab317ae63d21ac4e.jpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
PratikPatel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 12:47   #1155
BHPian

Facing 2 issues with my 2014 Ford Fiesta. Need advice.
During both the 70k and 80k service, my service advisor (not the same guy, not the same service center) informed me about radiator fan blades not working properly. His exact words were there’s a ‘play’ with the fan blades. I personally could not appreciate this. There definitely hasn’t been any engine heating issues till date.
The SA advised changing the entire assembly which would cost around 10k including labour.
The second issue is with the gear shift cable, which he says needs to be replaced in the near term. Again I can’t personally feel anything wrong with shifting gears. A replacement would cost close to 18k including labour. I checked boodmo and an OEM gear shift cable for Fiesta costs about 13k.
Should I go ahead with the replacement or take a second opinion from an independent garage?
Sebzgeo89 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed