Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2022, 12:09   #1156
BHPian

Default Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratikPatel View Post
Here you go. Hope this helps
Couldn't thank you personally at that time but your timely response really helped me. Had issues with stalling while driving/idel etc and neither ford nor a good third party garage could diagnose the issue. Finally a reputed FNG gave a solution.

The service center couldn't even source the part number from their workshop manuals and i had no time to follow u with customer care.

Its been 1k km and not a single stalling issues. fingers crossed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebzgeo89 View Post
Facing 2 issues with my 2014 Ford Fiesta. Need advice.
During both the 70k and 80k service, my service advisor (not the same guy, not the same service center) informed me about radiator fan blades not working properly. His exact words were there’s a ‘play’ with the fan blades. I personally could not appreciate this. There definitely hasn’t been any engine heating issues till date.
The SA advised changing the entire assembly which would cost around 10k including labour.
The second issue is with the gear shift cable, which he says needs to be replaced in the near term. Again I can’t personally feel anything wrong with shifting gears. A replacement would cost close to 18k including labour. I checked boodmo and an OEM gear shift cable for Fiesta costs about 13k.
Should I go ahead with the replacement or take a second opinion from an independent garage?
Play in the fan motor assembly is a common 'issues' SA bring up. A proper second opinion will tell you whether the play is dangerously excessive or not.

Regarding the gear shifter cable, how does one come to know that the cable needs replacement before hand?? The gear shifter bush of my fiesta had broken up and a roadside mechanic managed to do a patch up job with a smaller size bush and metal wire. Took it to ford and they say that the bush doesn't come separately for this fiesta like how it comes for the figo.Entire cable assembly worth 13k would be required. i haven't gone back to them, planning to get the bush from boodmo and replace it at an FNG. i know for a fact that the 2011 figo and 2014 ecoboost ecosport have the bush and the entire assembly needs not be changed.

Do let us know what the Independent garage says.
rambo1o1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 11:17   #1157
BHPian

@Rambo1o1, I opted against replacing the fan assembly as well as the gear shifter cable for the time being. You are right about the bush needing a change. I couldn’t go to a competent FNG due to time constraints. My car hasn’t seen much running in the past 1 year and won’t be till another year due to my job arrangements. So I decided to wait another year and deal with it during the next service. As of now the car is running fine without any issues. ODO reading at 82k. No rattles. Love driving it.
Does anybody have suggestions on the type of glue to purchase as the sensor placed under the windshield(probably the auto headlight sensor) for Fiesta has come off and is dangling now. I tried the usual fewikwik and it came off in a week. My car has been parked under the sun for the most part, hence this issue.
Sebzgeo89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 11:36   #1158
BHPian

Bizarre day for my Fiesta. Monsoon, pothole ridden and waterlogged roads have started to take a toll on my car. In a span of few hours the rain sensing and AH sensors on my fiesta came off the windshield and started dangling. Teachnically this was due to the car being parked under the sun for the major part of the last 5 years. Since the rear view mirror is attached to one of the sensor I now don’t have one to use.
After a few minutes of driving the plastic engine guard broke off ��. Had to put it inside the boot and resume my journey.
Old 24th August 2022, 01:28   #1159
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone tried a HU upgrade / replacement? With the unique design, it's quite difficult to find a stock replacement I guess.

Found this while browsing for details.

https://www.seicane.com/for-2009-201...luetooth-h7668

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-20092014fordfiestaradiogpsbluetoothcarstereo1_2.jpg
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-20092014fordfiestaoriginalradiostereoupgrade8_2.jpg

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 24th August 2022 at 01:31.
Old 24th August 2022, 09:11   #1160
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Has anyone tried a HU upgrade / replacement? With the unique design, it's quite difficult to find a stock replacement I guess.
Read back in this same thread I had tried one from Ali express. Worked ok but not nearly the same sound quality the oem audio setup had.
Old 24th August 2022, 09:43   #1161
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Read back in this same thread I had tried one from Ali express. Worked ok but not nearly the same sound quality the oem audio setup had.
Honestly, not quite a big fan of it - looks outdated at this point of time. And having seen it getting stuck in your car, I'd avoid it

I'll go for the change ONLY if I get a seamless unit which works very well all the time.
Old 25th August 2022, 10:53   #1162
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Honestly, not quite a big fan of it - looks outdated at this point of time. And having seen it getting stuck in your car, I'd avoid it

I'll go for the change ONLY if I get a seamless unit which works very well all the time.
There are other units on Ali with much more ram and faster octa core processors available now
hserus is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 19:14   #1163
Distinguished - BHPian

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-pxl_20220830_051901450.mp.jpg

There was some noise from the suspension whenever I take a sharp right turn on bad roads and suspected tie rod wear out. Took it a FNG and got it checked to be told that all suspensions are due for a replacement - car has done 83,500 kms as of now. The only thing that annoys me is the lag / lack of power-torque in the first and second gear and may find a solution soon.

Thought I'll also get a general service done as I did the last service around 78,000 kms. Car is a beauty and hasn't had any issues. All parts available in a day's notice.

Attaching the quotation so everyone has a fair idea about the parts cost. Global Fiesta is a little expensive to maintain.

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-img20220902wa0019.jpg

Few items added below will not be required as a recent clutch overhaul was done. The front brake pads + rotors are aftermarket. OE Ford pads alone is about 6800/-

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 3rd September 2022 at 19:18.
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 19:30   #1164
BHPian

Quote:
All parts available in a day's notice.
Attaching the quotation so everyone has a fair idea about the parts cost. The front brake pads + rotors are aftermarket. OE Ford pads alone is about 6800/-
Hi swiftnfurious,

A few questions I have if its possible for you to answer:

1) Do you procure spare parts from Ford Service Center or the FNG guys do the job of procurement for you?

2) If FNG guys do that, then, do they order spare parts from Ford or somewhere else?

3) Is the quality of aftermarket front brake pads + rotors etc. same as that of Ford?

4) How do you judge the quality & longevity of aftermarket spare parts?

5) Since you do the servicing from FNG, then, how do you take care of what to service, clean, repair, replace, lubricate? I guess you follow the Ford Service Manual Book by referring XX,000 kms or X Years whichever is earlier?

6) Any reason why you don't service from authorized Ford Service Centre?

Thanks in advance.
Old 6th September 2022, 15:56   #1165
BHPian

Quote:
Came across this sync 1 to sync 3 conversion on an mk7 fiesta on youtube. Eventhough there is a lot of cutting involved and the parts availabilty and cost are some things to consider, the end result looks nice.

Last edited by Chuckster : 6th September 2022 at 15:58.
Chuckster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 23:38   #1166
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhupesh_2628 View Post
Hi swiftnfurious,

A few questions I have if its possible for you to answer:

1) Do you procure spare parts from Ford Service Center or the FNG guys do the job of procurement for you?

2) If FNG guys do that, then, do they order spare parts from Ford or somewhere else?

3) Is the quality of aftermarket front brake pads + rotors etc. same as that of Ford?

4) How do you judge the quality & longevity of aftermarket spare parts?

5) Since you do the servicing from FNG, then, how do you take care of what to service, clean, repair, replace, lubricate? I guess you follow the Ford Service Manual Book by referring XX,000 kms or X Years whichever is earlier?

6) Any reason why you don't service from authorized Ford Service Centre?

Thanks in advance.
The FNG does the procurement and they do it from someone who stocks Ford parts. If the guy doesn't have, guess they try to get the parts from the Ford service centre.

The aftermarket parts are equally good is what am told - one needs to place some trust in good FNGs and they are quite reputed in Chennai.

Not sure they follow the manual to the T, but their experience + 'manual' knowledge should be helping them to make decisions on replace / lubricate / check etc. They'd not advise me on the timing chain replacement at 90K kms otherwise while they were flexible on the brake pads + rotor replacement for another 5 - 10K kms.

This is the first time I'll go for an aftermarket part as I got a pre-owned car at 68K kms and did all the services till now at the Ford A$$.

The only reason to move away from the Ford A$$ is the cost factor - I have had a fairly reasonable and good experience with Dhruvan Ford so far. It's also an experimentation to see if this FNG can be a long term solution for my needs. One thing am so happy is that they didn't try to push anything at all nor tried to scare me when I asked for options. They told me what to expect and when to expect.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 6th September 2022 at 23:41.
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed