Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2014, 20:46   #106
BHPian

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

checked out the car in person today. Fiesta does look up market compared to the older model and even the Eco Sport. New fiesta looks fantastic and feels well built.
There are some sore points though:
1. No drivers arm rest
2. drivers and passenger seats are too narrow for a well built person( Really hugs)
3. Rear passenger foot room is very limited.
4. Hard plastic used for door cladding.

Couldn't test drive, hope to do it soon.
shazikon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2014, 20:53   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Excellent pricing.

At 7.65 lakhs for base diesel model, Fiesta is offering immense value for money proportion. Had I been in market today for a new car hunt - Ford Fiesta would have been the pick!
I agree with you totally. Infact I am enticed to buy this car even though no need and don't want to block money at this point.

Checked out this car in person today and loved everything about it except, the front and rear compartment space / width wise. I am not very tall and my elbow was brushing the door pad.

Always a fan of good European machines and now I can easily say that Fiest is the best driver's car in totality, until Fiat gets the 1.6 MJD and new Gearbox in the linea.

Not many issues with Ford brand reputation and sales support, so anybody looking for a diesel sedan Fiesta is the best bet and Value for money proposition.

FORD - learnt from mistake and priced it brilliantly now.

Cheers.
namit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2014, 21:30   #108
Senior - BHPian

Got some pictures of the Trend variant. It's got fog lamps and the seat fabric is different from the titanium version including the seat structure.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-1403452705412.jpg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-1403452726167.jpg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-1403452744419.jpg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-1403452763821.jpg  

anachronix is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2014, 21:44   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Got some pictures of the Trend variant. It's got fog lamps and the seat fabric is different from the titanium version including the seat structure.
I reckon that's the new Smoke Grey. I like it better than the Sea Grey. But, clearly Titanium is the variant to go for. The dash looks much better with gloss black on it.

Any pics of the seats on the Trend?
Old 22nd June 2014, 21:51   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Can you point out the differences in ICE of trend and titanium? Sync includes voice commands and app link and emergency assist. Any other difference? I can see there is a display in the receptacle unlike the ecosports trend in which this blank space looks ugly. Externally the cars seem to be the same. I think Ford had positioned the variants brilliantly and all 3 have something or the other going for them. Difficult choice really.
Old 22nd June 2014, 21:53   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
Had a test drive of the New Fiesta and it feels awesome for a self driven car. The GC stated is 156mm but tried it on tall humps and did not scrape at all with 4 heavy built people inside.
Thanks for the info srikant. 156 mm seems to be a bit too less for Indian road conditions. I guess I will go ahead for a test drive.
Old 22nd June 2014, 22:09   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravinkenator View Post
156 mm seems to be a bit too less for Indian road conditions. I guess I will go ahead for a test drive.
The old Fiesta was 168 mm. Maybe its a typo. The Fiesta is stiffly sprung, so shouldn't be a big issue.

Here is the price list that I got from Ford on request for a TD.
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-capture.jpg
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2014, 22:23   #113
BHPian

I think this is a best deal can have at present market. Every car will have more or less dislike but this is the perfect for many people. The base variant with safety gears is the best who loves the modification. You can go any kind of modification of alloy and ICE. With average presence of Sales and Service (~300), this car can be very sweet deal with current pricing.
Old 22nd June 2014, 22:41   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
The dash looks much better with gloss black on it.
I somehow like the silver finish of Ecosport's dash more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
I can see there is a display in the receptacle unlike the ecosports trend in which this blank space looks ugly.
I am also pleasantly surprised that they have included the display.
Some international variants of Ecosport also gets the cruise control and power folding mirror which fiesta has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Here is the price list that I got from Ford on request for a TD.
Attachment 1252806
I guess this price will last few days more as excise duty will probably be hiked again next month
Old 22nd June 2014, 22:45   #115
BHPian

Today FN, I went to Ford MPL showroom (Pallikaranai, Chennai) to see Fiesta 2014. There is a Trend for display (mid variant).

When I entered, I have seen 2 customers checking inside out of Fiesta. Later I realized that they actually came for Figo and Ecosport and just seeing Fiesta as it is attracting on display. So about an hour, I was the only customer actually there for Fiesta. I observed the following in Trend (it is purely my perception with my little knowledge):

* Stunning look from front and not bad from back
* From side, I wish to have the outer silver lining at bottom of window glasses in Trend. It gives premium look on Titanium.
* Frameless wipers are nice to see and are premium. Fog lamps are available in Trend.
* Closing the door is not giving exactly a single 'thud' feel like Linea and Vento. It is like closing with one additional small vibration after a thud. I checked it in all 4 doors one by one when all other doors are in closed state. I am not sure how difference it is to compare the build quality of a car with this single parameter.
* There is no Bluetooth or no pair in menu or when I pressed phone key on ICE, it is not going for pairing. Should I do anything else to get it or check it? At present there is no Bluetooth in Trend for me.
* There is a secret / parcel tray under the front passenger seat. There is a net pocket at right bottom of front passenger (near foot). It is black (easily visible) on lighter coloured under panel (I wish to have the colour of net matches the panel colour to merge). There is no center arm rest.
* The instrument cluster, ICE and design of dashboard give an overall feel of premium
* The black coloured plastic on inside door trim feels less premium to touch and feel comparing the overall package
* Both front seats are very comfy (for low and medium built person). But rear seating is a deal breaker for many as it is not giving adequate under thigh support (I am 5'5"). I sit on front passenger seat and adjusted it to my tight convenient (moved the seat almost at middle of the moving length). Then came to back seat (back of front passenger) but still there is a small gap between seat edge and my under thigh even after pushed my foots under the front seat. And also not much reclines at back. I believe it may be OK for people having height less than 5'4" (with less under thigh length). If I think for me, my family members are less than 5’4” and hence the back seat should be OK for them (though yet to be checked) but strictly 2 adults and one children max at back.
* As per manual, First service is due in 3 months/2.5K KMs. After all are 1 year/10K KMs.
* Though I have not checked with engine ON or not driven the car, just closing all doors from inside, the outside noise is almost concealed. There was a noisy wall mounted fan in showroom and once I closed the door it is completely suppressed (pin drop silence inside).

As per Sales person (though I am not sure of these, I am just sharing):
* So far 7 to 8 booking recorded from all Chennai MPL
* Ford has not confirmed the delivery date for any customer (dealers actual don't know when they will get it from company) though each dealer is expecting single digit numbers this month.
* Most of the bookings opted for Golden Bronze but it seems mostly white and silver are expected at first slot to receive. So the waiting period for Golden Bronze may increase.
* As we know he also told that Ford is not looking for any volume competition. Ford will produce in numbers based on bookings happening and hence observing the number of actual booking to decide in coming months. It seems the production for domestic is very limited.
* Test drive car is not available now.

If you ask me, this car is one of my choices to upgrade from i10 Kappa. I am waiting for new Punto, Avventura and new i20 (hoping good steering feedback, acceptable handling and ride).

Chennai on road price:
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-onroad_chn.jpg

Last edited by vijayk : 22nd June 2014 at 22:58. Reason: Edited the price chart to not hide the letters by team bhp logo
vijayk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2014, 23:04   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayk View Post
* There is no Bluetooth or no pair in menu or when I pressed phone key on ICE, it is not going for pairing. Should I do anything else to get it or check it? At present there is no Bluetooth in Trend for me.
Attachment 1252817
Did you check with the SA regarding the Bluetooth? I mean it would be odd giving a display (3 or 3.5") and not giving Bluetooth when the ecosport has it standard on all variants. Where the mic is placed is also an important consideration considering SV variant of the Honda city has bad Bluetooth performance. If the ICE is good then it makes sense to go for trend else it's the ambiente (aftermarket ICE) or the titanium (Sync).
Old 22nd June 2014, 23:09   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Did you check with the SA regarding the Bluetooth? I mean it would be odd giving a display (3 or 3.5") and not giving Bluetooth when the ecosport has it standard on all variants...
I checked inside car menu along with SA even after he told me that no bluetooth in this Trend variant. He also pointed me that even Figo is having bluetooth.
Old 22nd June 2014, 23:34   #118
BHPian

That's a very good review . The overall styling looks quite good. Is that inspired from Tesla Sedan? At least I felt so after looking at headlights and boot.

Adjustable head restraints for rear seat and seat belt receptacle are quite welcome. However, back support for the driver seat doesn't look good. With this kind of car, people usually go for long drives on weekend and back support is a must. You need special seat covers (like our car ) to get back support.

Pricing the car just below Honda City is a very good strategy from Ford. I hope they will match service standards also like Honda. My friend has a Ford Figo Titanium Diesel here in Chinchwad and not that much pleased with Ford's service.
Old 22nd June 2014, 23:56   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayk View Post
I checked inside car menu along with SA even after he told me that no bluetooth in this Trend variant. He also pointed me that even Figo is having bluetooth.
That is a deal breaker for me and I think for many. Titanium is a whole 1.5 lakh over the ambiente which also has a driver airbag and abs. Now the question is if there are any touchscreen HU's that can fit in fiesta's asymetrical dash. Anyone got pictures of the ambiente please post here.
Old 23rd June 2014, 00:45   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is a deal breaker for me and I think for many. Titanium is a whole 1.5 lakh over the ambiente which also has a driver airbag and abs. Now the question is if there are any touchscreen HU's that can fit in fiesta's asymetrical dash. Anyone got pictures of the ambiente please post here.
Well you have 2 options-
[list][*]Get the ICE Ford offers on the International version (made by sony) and install [*]Get the central console replacement panel and install any Pioneer, JVC Touchscreen unit
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-ford-touch-2.jpg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-1-ford-touch.jpg  

nik_kapur is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed