Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2014, 01:12   #121
BHPian

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

I don't see anything different in the new one from the old one. They have just added a new grill and refurbished the boot slightly. Apart from that its the old Fiesta.
Old 23rd June 2014, 02:08   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Well you have 2 options-
[list][*]Get the ICE Ford offers on the International version (made by sony) and install [*]Get the central console replacement panel and install any Pioneer, JVC Touchscreen unit
Thanks for the suggestion. Although the first option looks much better I am not sure how easy it is to source it and whether navigation would work here in India.

Pioneer/Jvc is more practical with better support. Any idea how much a decent system with navigation and rear view camera capabilities would cost?
Old 23rd June 2014, 06:41   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Although the piano black finish on the center console looks good, I rather liked the silver finish (might be because i see it daily on the ecopsort). But as Anoop pointed out, its a fingerprint magnet and its prone to scratches.
Old 23rd June 2014, 09:47   #124
BHPian

It's interesting that "dead boring" is used for reference every-time the last facelift is referred to, because that is what it was.
I was shocked at seeing the changes then.

This however, looks promising. I remember thinking why Ford moved from it's original fiesta (now Fiesta Classic) to the new model.

I had driven the Fiesta Classic for straight 5 hours for my drive from Kashipur about 4 years ago. Loved it !

I am looking for a new car, the 2014 Fiesta just made it to the list.

Thanks for the review !
Old 23rd June 2014, 11:22   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post

Notice the new wind deflector; it's part of the aero package and runs all the way up (to the front of the tyres):
Sorry to go slight away from the core topic.
i read some where that a really smooth underbody helps to improve the aero (reduced drag). i dont get the connection really how a vertical piece of deflector helps to improve the aero. A novice like me is led into thinking - Anything slab sided (vertical) increases drag.
One explanation i heard about the need of a deflector is that they deflect wind around the car, and that kind of helps. But how?
Am i missing some thing?

Also, as we see the deflectors here are covering the wheels also to an extent, can they cause brake overheat in extreme scenarios (because of less air flow over the wheels). Pls excuse me for my strange questions.
Old 23rd June 2014, 11:54   #126
GTO
Team-BHP Support

They say, styling & price are most important to Indian customers (after brand & fuel-economy).

This thread is a testament to that. The major changes with the Fiesta facelift are the design enhancements & lower price. Just look at the interest this car has generated!

I'm suddenly seeing the Fiesta shortlisted by folk who would've never considered it earlier.
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2014, 12:19   #127
Senior - BHPian

Checked out the Fiesta in the morning and it looks gorgeous in person. I have a friend of mine working at Kairali Ford and I got a longish TD as well. Drove the car around for close to 20 mins on some B roads and needless to say, I am smitten.

The cabin is spooky silent and it rides very well. Compared to the Swift, the Fiesta rolls very little and potholes are dismissed with a reassuring thud. The steering is an absolute delight. Thank You Ford for retaining it as is.

I have a small frame and the drivers seat is perfect for me. I can sit 'in' the seat and I can feel the bolstering on side keeping me in place while having fun. The under thigh support is damn good. The Diesel revs with no hesitation and the power delivery is quite good. I could putter around 3rd with ease and the Ford picks up speed without drama or delay. Outright acceleration is average but maintaining speed should be easy, it should be a great cruiser. I didn't test the infotainment system at all.

The on road price for Titanium is 10.84 L and the car is an absolute steal for that money. The bad news is, Kairali will get only two cars per months and that just leaves 12 cars for this whole year. And that is plain bollocks!

The new shade. Alloys look decent in person. Lenso Samurai should look great.
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-wp_20140623_001.jpg
The power bulge on the bonnet looks good during the day.
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-wp_20140623_002.jpg
The steering wheel is brilliant to hold.
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-wp_20140623_003.jpg
Wish the seats wore a darker shade. I hate to cover the stock fabric with art leather.
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-wp_20140623_004.jpg
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-wp_20140623_005.jpg
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-wp_20140623_007.jpg

More than the front, I think Ford has done a great job at the rear. Compared to the old car, the new one looks fab!
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-wp_20140623_010.jpg
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-wp_20140623_009.jpg
deetjohn is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2014, 12:31   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
They say, styling & price are most important to Indian customers (after brand & fuel-economy).
This thread is a testament to that. The major changes with the Fiesta facelift are the design enhancements & lower price. Just look at the interest this car has generated!
I'm suddenly seeing the Fiesta shortlisted by folk who would've never considered it earlier.
Which is why Hyundai and Maruti are so successful!
Adding to what you've said, i feel a good car in all respects from any brand will do well. Case in point, the Bolt and the Zest. The amount of interest these have created is also remarkable and i'm sure people's perception about Tata will change.
The Fiesta looks so mouth wateringly good now!
Porschefire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2014, 12:37   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Thanks for the lovely crisp review guys.

Regarding the back seat is the incline any different from the earlier Fiesta? Other than the lack of legroom and claustrophobic feeling, the biggest grouse I felt was the poor back angle which wasn't very comfortable.

Test drove the car on Saturday at Metro Ford. The car is a real treat to look at from the front. I din't expect the front to look so slick and sexy in person. Overall a great design and pricing is spot on at 11.45 OTR, Bangalore,for the top end titanium. The best part is that, even the mid variant which is around 10.5 OTR has cruise control and most features. But once you step inside, the story is more or less the same. The front seats/space is comfortable and very driver oriented for you to find the best position for highways. But the back seat space, thigh support and angle of recline does not seem to have any improvement. I hope the pricing brings volumes to ford.
shinuak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2014, 12:45   #130
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinuak View Post
Overall a great design and pricing is spot on at 11.45 OTR, Bangalore,for the top end titanium. The best part is that, even the mid variant which is around 10.5 OTR has cruise control and most features.

11.45L OTR for Titanium in Bangalore??

That price is 25K lesser than my Ecosport Titanium (O) in December 2013. It basically means the Titanium Ecosport and Fiesta Titanium are priced almost the same. Oh how I wish I had waited.

Apart from the additional ground clearance in the Ecosport, the Fiesta is a joy to drive.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2014, 13:02   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

I was expecting enthusiasts to be raving about a re-priced Fiesta but the interest in this car seems to be from a broader customer base. Great job Ford!

The car does have it's short comings in space and power in comparison to it's direct competition. However when customers cough up around 9+L for compact sedans like Amaze/Dzire the Fiesta Ambiente makes a strong case for itself. At the same time, Fiesta Titanium also puts a strong fight against the 12+L Ecosport Titanium.

Personally I'm really happy that the Fiesta nameplate is getting a second life in India.
Old 23rd June 2014, 13:08   #132
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
The car does have it's short comings in space and power in comparison to it's direct competition. However when customers cough up around 9+L for compact sedans like Amaze/Dzire the Fiesta Ambiente makes a strong case for itself. At the same time, Fiesta Titanium also puts a strong fight against the 12+L Ecosport Titanium.
Power I think would not be a problem. Its only the rear space, which may force some people off the showrooms. If by brighter interiors Ford gets to remove some amount of claustrophobia, then the price combined with brighter interiors may have the same folks walk right back in!
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2014, 13:18   #133
BHPian

Great review and informative comments from all, Thanks. I am quite disappointed that there is no petrol version. So that adds to my dilemma.

How would it compare against petrol variants like Linea TJet and Rapid in terms of driving comfort and power delivery? I don't really need a diesel car as my monthly commute is only about 1000Km with four to five long drives a year. The new fiesta looks like a great option, but without petrol variant I am not too sure about buying it.
Old 23rd June 2014, 13:21   #134
BHPian

Looks fabulous!

The pricing is surely bound to put Ford in the forefront among prospective C2 segment Diesel buyers.
Old 23rd June 2014, 14:25   #135
Senior - BHPian

One observation from my side -There are some very rare car colours on offer here - nalely the Blue, and the bronze one.
Especially the Blue colour they have used on the car looks really sporty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks