Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2014, 10:35   #241
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Congratulations!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
One of the best cars to drive and own.
What I have discovered is - Reliability of a Japanese and build quality/ride & handling of a European. Perfect combination. That is Ford for you.
Sheel is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th July 2014, 11:05   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
And the baby comes home
Wow! Congrats Anachronix, good choice When is the ownership thread going live?
Old 6th July 2014, 14:50   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
congratulations I really love the new Fiesta especially those new wheels. With the facelift, one can finally post pics of its bum (those elongated tail lamps do wonders to make the rear more proportionate and even a little beautiful)
Agree with you on the rear looks part!! The rear of the old one was a disaster. This one is much better, though still a letdown compared to the front fascia of the sedan IMHO... :banghead:
Old 6th July 2014, 22:42   #244
BHPian

Ran into a problem today. Got a single din head unit installed today with a 4 way amp and front components and rear Co axials. The issue is that the head unit is tilted in such a way that from the drivers seat nothing is visible due to glare from front wind screen. Tried 4-5 head units but in none of them was the screen visible
D4d-maniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2014, 22:47   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4d-maniac View Post
Ran into a problem today. Got a single din head unit installed today with a 4 way amp and front components and rear Co axials. The issue is that the head unit is tilted in such a way that from the drivers seat nothing is visible due to glare from front wind screen. Tried 4-5 head units but in none of them was the screen visible
This is a big problem with the dash. This is a problem similar to what the initial models of tata nano had. Ford should have given a proper recess for aftermarket HU to fit since they are not giving anything from their side. I believe the only option will be to look at an OEM HU which has been traded from a lower model ecosport or fiesta(Indian or international). Don't think the models with sync will be able to fit in properly. Do keep up updated.

I did find an HU for the fiesta on snapdeal but not much info is provided just that it is an AVN unit for 17k after discounts.

http://m.snapdeal.com/product/mapmyindia-indash-car-navigation-system/1054664601

Here's the link. Hope this is helpful. Alternatively you can also look at the mega audio unit for the Eco sport which might be able to fit in.

Last edited by ToyotaFan : 6th July 2014 at 22:51.
Old 7th July 2014, 08:36   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The issue is that the head unit is tilted in such a way that from the drivers seat nothing is visible due to glare from front wind screen.
That's bad! A problem with that very unorthodox facia. Any idea how much is the stock ICE unit?

Quote:
And the baby comes home
Congrats! The XM2 with those 3 grooves look wicked.

Yeah, we need an ownership log soon with tons of pictures.
Old 7th July 2014, 09:08   #247
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...Some people have advised me to go component speakers at the back instead of ovals, please advise ASAP on how much adverse effect will it have on the overall sound quality.
Components may NOT have the "punch" of the ovals unless you plan to have a sub. Also, an amplifier may be a good addition to extract the best of the components.

Quote:
...The issue is that the head unit is tilted in such a way that from the drivers seat nothing is visible due to glare from front wind screen. Tried 4-5 head units but in none of them was the screen visible
May be Ford doesn't want drivers to look at the HU, to promote safe driving!
Old 7th July 2014, 09:23   #248
Senior - BHPian

Thanks. Ford has done a very good job in masking the bulky rear with the current version. It looks much better in person than in the pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
congratulations I really love the new Fiesta especially those new wheels. With the facelift, one can finally post pics of its bum (those elongated tail lamps do wonders to make the rear more proportionate and even a little beautiful)
Same with me, I would have preferred the rear of the current gen along with the front from the previous gen. The Aston face is nice, but from some angles it doesn't look that great.

Quote:
OT: Am I the only one who likes the pre-facelifted Fiesta's nose over this one? The sleeker headlamps, bulbous fog lamp housings and coin-slot grille looked brilliant IMO
Thanks, it cost me about 10.9 OTR in Chennai. The rear seat space is at a premium, but as pointed out earlier the thicker front seats and the amount of variations in adjusting the driver seats contributes a lot to the lack of space in the rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Congrats buddy, its a Titanium, so how much on road, which city?
People have pointed out a few weaknesses, like rear seat space etc. Please comment on those points specifically, so as to help out other buyers. Frankly, I could not see a single shortcoming with this beauty.
Thanks! Haha, that was quite a confusion for sometime. But the moment I saw the Fiesta in person, I totally fell in love with it. I was happy to chose the Fiesta over Jetta as I was saving close to 8L Rupees and also some peace of mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Oh cool! Congratulations. So the confusion between Fiesta and Jetta got resolved quite easily. Do post an ownership review.
True True!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Congrats. So the saying continues... One a Ford, always a Ford! Would love to see your ownership log. One of the best cars to drive and own.
You couldnt have said any better than that, have been using the Fords from the early Ikon days and all the cars have been fairly reliable except for the regular wear and tear parts that give away, but has never left me stranded on road!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Congratulations!

What I have discovered is - Reliability of a Japanese and build quality/ride & handling of a European. Perfect combination. That is Ford for you.
Thanks dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Wow! Congrats Anachronix, good choice When is the ownership thread going live?
Thanks dude. Yes , the XM2. But I am not too happy with them yet, they are silent when driven normally but they start to scream when pushed a bit more aggressively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Congrats! The XM2 with those 3 grooves look wicked.

Yeah, we need an ownership log soon with tons of pictures.
Yes, an ownership log is coming. I want to spend some more time with the car to get to know it better before I start my own thread for review.
anachronix is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th July 2014, 10:17   #249
Senior - BHPian

@anachronix---congrats to you! I am sure you'll have many exciting miles with the Fiesta, just as you did with your older one!

As regards the XM2, I think they are brand new and hence the noise. Perhaps the plastic cover has not fully peeled off. I am saying this because even at triple digit speeds on the ORR, my car has no tyre noise.

By the way, add me to the list of people who liked the narrow grill of the outgoing Fiesta more, though I do like the new one too.
Old 7th July 2014, 10:33   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And the baby comes home
Hey anachronix. Congrats on the car I like this refresh and like you said the bulky rear looks so much better now.

Sorry if I've missed it, but has this replaced the 1.6 S ?

We must have a Chennai meet soon to see this new beauty
Old 7th July 2014, 12:38   #251
BHPian

Congrats AX. I guess we'll now have to figure out how to use that extra 8L in something "fun". I have a few plans in mind.

BTW - how cramped are the back seats shoulder to shoulder? 5 people squeeze or strictly 4 people.

Last edited by Mad Max : 7th July 2014 at 12:39.
Old 7th July 2014, 22:48   #252
Senior - BHPian

Thanks vnabhi.

Its the tire squeal noise when I took a corner a little too aggressive. May be its the run-in time for the tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
As regards the XM2, I think they are brand new and hence the noise. Perhaps the plastic cover has not fully peeled off. I am saying this because even at triple digit speeds on the ORR, my car has no tyre noise.
Thanks Tarun. Yes, the AP 1.6S is gone now. We could meet even otherwise for a quick drive. I will send you a PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Sorry if I've missed it, but has this replaced the 1.6 S ?

We must have a Chennai meet soon to see this new beauty
Thanks Thalai. Ha ha, I can guess those plans

BTW, 5 people in the Fiesta would be quite tight. The rear seat is good for 2 adults and a kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Congrats AX. I guess we'll now have to figure out how to use that extra 8L in something "fun". I have a few plans in mind.

BTW - how cramped are the back seats shoulder to shoulder? 5 people squeeze or strictly 4 people.
anachronix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2014, 00:43   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, it cost me about 10.9 OTR in Chennai
Could you please share this price split up? From which dealer you got it? You may PM to me if it is off topic.
Old 10th July 2014, 15:19   #254
Distinguished - BHPian

SYNC with Ford Applink explained in detail:

RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2014, 16:47   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayk View Post
Could you please share this price split up? From which dealer you got it? You may PM to me if it is off topic.
+1

I would like the pricing components as well, please. Thanks in advance!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks