Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2014, 18:45   #256
BANNED

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Congrats!! and wishes for many million miles on the new ride D4d-maniac & anachronix.

The all new Fiesta in white looks really awesome. Anachronix so who was the dealer you booked your ride from in Chennai and how long it took for your delivery?

Please do let me know if a Chennai meet is being organized and I really wish to join you guys to network and catch up.

cheers!
Old 11th July 2014, 08:06   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Its the tire squeal noise when I took a corner a little too aggressive. May be its the run-in time for the tires.
I have never heard them squeal on the Swift. And the Fiesta chassis should be more forgiving then the Swift. Maybe you just need to give it time, both the Ford and the Michelin.

Hope the ownership report has hit the assembly line.
Old 11th July 2014, 20:55   #258
BHPian

Is Ford launching the Focus in India soon?

I just saw this Focus ad on a Malayalam news channel.

one-77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2014, 23:15   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77 View Post
I just saw this Focus ad on a Malayalam news channel.

It is a Ford Middle East ad. It is an ad targeted at middle east Malayalees. The dodge charger also frequent Malayalam channels.

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post and avoid quoting images / videos in your reply.

Quoting a full, long post with images / videos inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 14th July 2014 at 12:30.
blacksport is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2014, 22:26   #260
BHPian

Got a chance to test drive the Fiesta today at Lathangi Ford. The display and the test drive car were Titanium variants. Here are my thoughts -

-The car looks absolutely gorgeous inside out. The Aston Martin-esq grill is the USP of the car. Alloys look good in person. The rear, though light years better than the old Fiesta, is still plain when compared to the front.

-Build quality is top notch. Dad and me test drove the Duster just before testing the Fiesta. The doors felt flimsy on the Duster and the dash was rattling. But when we sat inside the Fiesta, everything was leagues ahead. The 'thud' was prominent enough to get a smile on my face.

-Driveability is good. Noticeable turbo-lag below 2000 rpm though. There was a moment when on an incline i had to down-shift to 3rd from 4th and had to wait for quite some time for the power to come in. However, once in turbo zone, its a hoot to drive! The steering was super light within the city. Have to test whether it'll add some weight while on the highway.

-The ride was firm but not uncomfortable. Couldn't test the firmness since the drive was on a 2km stretch with no potholes whatsoever.

-Interiors are nice and feature rich. The steering wheel is nice to hold. Loved the positioning of the A-B-C pedals and the dead pedal too. Not a great fan of the interior design though. Too many buttons (Nokia 6600 esq). Prefer the Polo/Vento interiors any day. The fuel gauge was hidden from my direct view and the power window buttons are too far behind. Ergonomically, not very good.

-I am 6'0 and the seat adjusted to my driving position, i could sit behind comfortably without my knees touching the front seat. The rear scooped out area on the front seat definitely gives that bit more space. My dad, who's a bit shorter than me was comfortable. However, space is for sure at a premium when compared to the likes of the City/Scala/Sunny and honestly, doesn't feel that bigger than our Getz. Also, the 5th passenger will definitely be uncomfortable over long distances.

-The boot is pretty big and enough for our needs.

-Only two colors on offer as of now - Grey and white. The dealer said the other colors will be available after October. We want the paprika red if and when we'll book it.

All in all, dad and me liked the car and suited our needs very well. My dad is slightly inclined towards the Ecosport though. We still have to test drive other cars on offer, but my hearts' already sold to the Fiesta. Hoping to book one soon!
Porschefire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2014, 15:03   #261
BHPian

Have booked a smoke grey titanium. Awaiting delivery this week. Will post pictures soon.
nvramsub is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 13:40   #262
BHPian

Anyone can confirm if the trend HU has Bluetooth connectivity? Even the SA was not sure on this and there was no trend variant at the see dealership at that time. They did not have a TD vehicle at that time and wanted me to book the car and take delivery in 2 months without driving the car (aren't expecting a TD car). Dealership is harpreet ford, Dilshad garden. Wanted me to take TD of ecosport and book the car. If trend does not have Bluetooth it makes it a desk breaker for me because I will have to stretch for the titanium or find an HU for its asymmetrical dash for titanium.
Old 16th July 2014, 14:15   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
Anyone can confirm if the trend HU has Bluetooth connectivity? Even the SA was not sure on this and there was no trend variant at the see dealership at that time. They did not have a TD vehicle at that time and wanted me to book the car and take delivery in 2 months without driving the car (aren't expecting a TD car). Dealership is harpreet ford, Dilshad garden. Wanted me to take TD of ecosport and book the car. If trend does not have Bluetooth it makes it a desk breaker for me because I will have to stretch for the titanium or find an HU for its asymmetrical dash for titanium.
It doesn't have BT but has Aux (I am saying this based on the knowledge of my old Fiesta). However nothing that can be fixed in Rs.2400.

http://www.amazon.in/Kinivo-BTC450-B...eywords=kinivo

This bluetooth dongle gives you calling & music. It uses auxiliary as opposed to FM therefore little to no signal lost. It was an amazing device. Sold it along with the car as a free gift

So no worries on this front at all!
aseem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 16:12   #264
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
It doesn't have BT but has Aux (I am saying this based on the knowledge of my old Fiesta). However nothing that can be fixed in Rs.2400.

http://www.amazon.in/Kinivo-BTC450-B...eywords=kinivo

This bluetooth dongle gives you calling & music. It uses auxiliary as opposed to FM therefore little to no signal lost. It was an amazing device. Sold it along with the car as a free gift

So no worries on this front at all!
Nice! Thanks for sharing. Have you used this device? I am planning to order it
Old 16th July 2014, 16:16   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Nice! Thanks for sharing. Have you used this device? I am planning to order it
I used it for 2 years without an issue with Fiesta.

My friend bought it for his Comfortline Jetta but in that he had static noise issues hissing noise when nothing was playing. He ordered a ground loop isolator to fix the problem.

He is also using the same now in Brio without any issues.

But in Fiesta it works without issues I can vouch for it. Its a godsend when it comes to enabling bluetooth in a non-bluetooth car that comes with Aux.

Last edited by aseem : 16th July 2014 at 16:19.
Old 16th July 2014, 16:24   #266
BHPian

Quote:
I used it for 2 years without an issue with Fiesta.

My friend bought it for his Comfortline Jetta but in that he had static noise issues hissing noise when nothing was playing. He ordered a ground loop isolator to fix the problem.

He is also using the same now in Brio without any issues.

But in Fiesta it works without issues I can vouch for it. Its a godsend when it comes to enabling bluetooth in a non-bluetooth car that comes with Aux.
I have two doubts about it. Where will the microphone be placed in the car and is it able to receive voice clearly.

Secondly I think we would have to fiddle with the phone to pick up a call. Can't do that via the HU. Apart from this it looks like a good buy.
Old 16th July 2014, 16:30   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
I have two doubts about it. Where will the microphone be placed in the car and is it able to receive voice clearly.

Secondly I think we would have to fiddle with the phone to pick up a call. Can't do that via the HU. Apart from this it looks like a good buy.
I personally feel all the Bluetooth devices are not good when calling and only useful for audio streaming of songs. None of the BT devices including double din HU's from Pioneer or Clarion offer clear voice to the listeners at the other end.

This device is no different. It scores very high on audio streaming and a mediocre when taking phone calls. Since Fiesta's dash is not straight therefore I had placed this behind my steering column. It was a little pain to reach it but nothing too difficult. Streaming music was done like a charm.

This will give you a better understanding of how it works, via using intelligent cable management you can hide almost all wires:

Old 16th July 2014, 16:43   #268
BHPian

Quote:
I personally feel all the Bluetooth devices are not good when calling and only useful for audio streaming of songs. None of the BT devices including double din HU's from Pioneer or Clarion offer clear voice to the listeners at the other end.

This device is no different. It scores very high on audio streaming and a mediocre when taking phone calls. Since Fiesta's dash is not straight therefore I had placed this behind my steering column. It was a little pain to reach it but nothing too difficult. Streaming music was done like a charm.

This will give you a better understanding of how it works, via using intelligent cable management you can hide almost all wires:

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=exYq2XYzhMs
I think all aftermarket Bluetooth devices have this problem but the integrated OEM HU of my Toyota fortuner provides great call quality and I love using it for the purpose. It even reads messages out loud and music streaming is also good. Its so addicting that's it has become an important requirement for the car am buying for my son (fiesta/ecosport)

Thanks for this but for streaming it does not offer a very big advantage compared to connecting a phone directly via aux as songs will have to be controlled via the phone unlike directly from HU as I do in the OEM HU.
Old 16th July 2014, 16:52   #269
Team-BHP Support

My only worry with this device was static and bigger problem was noise cancellation. Since it has it's own mic on the small device but for the other side's audio it uses aux to connect to HU, where is the noise cancellation coming from? There must be solid echo on other side.
Old 16th July 2014, 17:02   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
My only worry with this device was static and bigger problem was noise cancellation. Since it has it's own mic on the small device but for the other side's audio it uses aux to connect to HU, where is the noise cancellation coming from? There must be solid echo on other side.
Hey vid how is the call quality in the Ecosport's OEM HU and where's the mic placed?

Most Viewed