Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2014, 16:29   #316
BHPian

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by fight_club View Post
I would welcome suggestion about Why should I go for Ecosport and not fiesta though Eco feels more Airy and spacious.
You should not. Fiesta over Ecosport any day for me. It is truly a driver's car. Looks a million bucks better than ES, drives a lot better and does not compromise on the basic ingredients of a driver's sedan.

The grump about the lack of room at the back is the only thing that bugs me. However, it simply isn't a deal breaker for me. Every car has some design issue or the other.
I would not have liked Ford to cut down on the depth of the seats in order to increase the legroom.

Last edited by pratyush6 : 16th September 2014 at 16:38.
pratyush6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2014, 16:45   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would welcome suggestion about Why should I go for Ecosport and not fiesta
Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
You should not. Fiesta over Ecosport any day for me. It is truly a driver's car.
+1

Look no further for a better car to drive for that money. And Fiesta pulls better and is much more efficient when compared to the EcoSport.

The EcoSport will fetch you better resale value, but at the current OTR price, the Fiesta is a steal since it falls into the big car tax bracket and still priced around the same as EcoSport. And with a lot more kit.

Sit in that front seat once more, buckle up, hold that steering and decide. Its a no brainer really. Happy shopping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
I would not have liked Ford to cut down on the depth of the seats in order to increase the legroom.
Come on! The guy in the front paid for the car and is driving it. Why should he/ she sacrifice for the fella sitting at the back occasionally. The seats are scooped in the middle anyways. Its not as bad in the photos.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2014, 18:15   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Sit in that front seat once more, buckle up, hold that steering and decide. Its a no brainer really. Happy shopping!
That remind of the fact that Fiesta Steering feel and work better than Ecosport and you know that I am struggling to keep my heart over head syndrome getting better of me

Thanks for the response but Surely their is a reason why Ecosports is doing the numbers it is doing

Anyone else over here who think, the Old Fiesta Alloys look better and finally Anyone over here knows any deal on Fiesta top end

Thanks for your kind response

Last edited by fight_club : 16th September 2014 at 18:17.
Old 16th September 2014, 19:30   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the response but Surely their is a reason why Ecosports is doing the numbers it is doing
Yes there is a reason and that reason is 200 MM ground clearance , indians are crazy for cars which come with ground clearance owing to our road conditions and the Ecosport looks great as well. It is the same reason why Renault's Duster is a blockbuster with sub par build quality, no features and average interiors, that too at 12L+

I am an owner of Ecosport Titanium (o) diesel for past one year, also have a Vento diesel and would be going to book a Fiesta Diesel for my sister in a day or two. Had a test drive of Fiesta yesterday and this is one heck of a car, i would say once you drive both cars back to back - you will say Ecosport is not even made by Ford and would be blown away by the Fiesta.

The chassis balance of Fiesta is light years ahead of Vento, handles like a poor man's BMW and not even bringing Ecosport in the picture here, 200 MM GC and Hyundai like steering kills the dynamics.

If you love driving and love driving hard, go in for Fiesta, this car comes with a soul in it. Don't love driving or cornering, just need a car to commute from place A to B with 5 people on board and good clearance - go for Ecosport.

Have a 2009 model Linea with us and always though it had the best ride/handling combo in C segment but boy i was so wrong, Fiesta hands down is the champion- those lovely bucket seats and that god like steering, can not wait to get my hands on our Fiesta soon.
coolboy007 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th September 2014, 19:46   #320
Senior - BHPian

As someone who had bought the new Fiesta in 2012 and recently sold it, I will recommend you to stay away and go with EcoSport.

Mind you I got a pretty decent resale value (better then what I got selling my Honda City) and had a tear in my eye when I sold the car and very few cars can do that to you. It was a joy driving the car even till the last drive.

Having said that, EcoSport gives you almost 80% of what Fiesta gives in terms of fit finish, build, and engine. The vague steering and marginal handling can be overlooked because what you do get over Fiesta are as follows:

1. EcoSport is a successful product so no problems with resale
2. EcoSport has mass appeal and car looks butch
3. Relative better rear leg space which is at a huge premium in Fiesta
4. Did I say resale?

I really loved the Fiesta, but the lesson I learnt was buy a product that's relatively successful. That's the primary reason I stayed away from Renault Fluence as well despite me fundamentally liking the car.
Old 16th September 2014, 20:08   #321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Yes there is a reason and that reason is 200 MM ground clearance , indians are crazy for cars which come with ground clearance owing to our road conditions and the Ecosport looks great as well.
yes, screw the dynamics. I have a lot of dynamics in the classic fiesta, but what's the use of dynamics in front of a unscientific speed breakers which is trying to caress the chassis- even when taken at an angle and at crawling speed.

Any load more than the driver and a passenger- you have to be prepared to face the music. I am tired of seeing the love-bites under the chassis.

The Ecosport is not that bad- it is still a better handler than some of the better selling hatchbacks. Just that those who are used to the original Ford's steering would be scared a little when using the feather light steering.

In Indian climate and in Indian auto reviews, it pours when it rains, so the terms like 'screwed handling' and 'scary steering' gets lullaby-fied and then it is all a deluge.
Old 16th September 2014, 20:10   #322
BHPian

Interesting... Ignoring the rear space and resale value, is there anything specific that soured your ownership experience?

Really would appreciate your input. Am considering this vehicle.
Old 16th September 2014, 20:18   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
yes, screw the dynamics. I have a lot of dynamics in the classic fiesta, but what's the use of dynamics in front of a unscientific speed breakers which is trying to caress the chassis- even when taken at an angle and at crawling speed.
To each his own, if your driving involves going over such speed breakers and such rough roads, then there is no point in going for a sedan but the way i drive, i would prefer going at an angle over such speed breakers once a week and enjoy driving the car other 6 days (roads in north India are not that bad)

Quote:
Any load more than the driver and a passenger- you have to be prepared to face the music. I am tired of seeing the love-bites under the chassis.
Is the clearance that bad in old Fiesta? We have a 5 year old Linea as well and even that used to scrape once a while going over extremely big craters, the Vento has not had a underbelly scrape so far in 2 years with 2 people on board.

Quote:
In Indian climate and in Indian auto reviews, it pours when it rains, so the terms like 'screwed handling' and 'scary steering' gets lullaby-fied and then it is all a deluge.
The handling is fine in Ecosport but the steering is poor by Ford's standard and there is no other word for it. Still have not got used to it, wish Ford released a software update some day which adds more weight to the steering.

I would say that if roads are not that bad in your area and you dont need the rear seat regularly, go in for Fiesta as it is a much better car than Ecosport overall, be it dynamics, ride or driving fun. Rest it is upto you, a 200 MM clearance vehicle can never handle too well.

Would be best able to compare with our Ecosport once i get delivery of our Fiesta.
Old 16th September 2014, 20:25   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post

1. EcoSport is a successful product so no problems with resale

I really loved the Fiesta, but the lesson I learnt was buy a product that's relatively successful. That's the primary reason I stayed away from Renault Fluence as well despite me fundamentally liking the car.
I thank your viewpoint fits those who don't believe in holding a car for long time, instead replace every few years.
But for those who look at long term relationship (above 6 years), there are several gems to choose from. Fluence is one such example you mentioned, while there are few more from others as well.
I bought a YETI with NO consideration of resale & it's been 2 years of blissful relationship. I can easily see myself holding onto yeti for the next 6 to 7 years.
harishpr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2014, 21:20   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely! It is mainly because EcoSport looks unlike anything else on our roads. And its branded a UV. Its no secret that the majority of the market has a fascination for UVs. And there aren't many family friendly UVs to choose from unlike sedans.

The killer introductory prices helped EcoSport gather a momentum and it does good average month on month even now. Will that sustain? I don't know.

And majority of customers are influenced by the sales performance of a given vehicle. Its a very good exit strategy I think. Even if he/ she doesn't like the vehicle or get bored with it, they can still sell it with minimum fuss.

And there is nothing wrong with EcoSport. It delivers on what it is meant for. Be it ground clearance, easy ingress, comfortable ride, raised seating postion, features, NVH etc. You just need to decide for yourself whether it is that all that you need from your next vehicle.
Old 17th September 2014, 16:21   #326
BHPian

I have seen the new Fiesta on road today near BTM Layout. For me, it is really a good looking car but not an attention puller like Fiat Linea. I still remember, when launched people really used to admire the looks of Fiat Linea.
rnidumolu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2014, 18:19   #327
Team-BHP Support

The new Fiesta with the Aston Martin rip-off front looks really good (esp. in the new Bronze shade), and the rear space isn't so bad as it seems from pictures, check it out in person. I drove a Petrol one recently in the US, and whoever called it a poor man's BMW above isn't far off the mark!

If you need utility and features, get the Ecosport. If you want to get out in the parking lot with a wide grin on your face (and can't wait for the next drive), get the Fiesta.
Old 18th September 2014, 19:31   #328
Senior - BHPian

Have finally booked the car, booked a Fiesta Titanium in white. The car is in stock, august manufactured and will get delivery next week. Finished the formalities today like loan, paper work etc.

Harpreet Ford, Moti Nagar will bring in the car to their showroom from the stock yard on Saturday, will go their and do a thorough PDI. As told to me, Fiesta's invoiced after September will have an increase ex showroom price of 15,000 INR. My car was invoiced before that, fought it out with them and buying the car on old price.

Opted in for the 3rd year warranty, will do insurance myself from outside, also opted out of their stupid essential kit and body care package which was amounting to 15k.

Really excited to get my hands on the car, our second Ford from Harpreet within a year, first being Ecosport. Rapid was in consideration with the 9.6 on road elegance offer but with our experience with our Vento, we opted out of it citing extremely poor support and service by VW India.

Total on road without insurance turned out to 10.38 on road Delhi, add another 25k for insurance and it would be 10.63 with 3rd year warranty.

What should i do of the Goodyear eagle NCT 5? Got a quote and a dealer will buy back these tyres and give me Bridgestone Turanza ER 60 in same size. I will have to pay 2800 as buy back cost, is it worth it? Wont go for michelins as they are comfort oriented and dont fare well under hard cornering. Are NCT5 worth keeping or should i get them changed?
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 19:43   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Have finally booked the car, booked a Fiesta Titanium in white. The car is in stock, august manufactured and will get delivery next week. Finished the formalities today like loan, paper work etc.
Congratulations coolboy007 for choosing a true driver's car!

Quote:
Total on road without insurance turned out to 10.38 on road Delhi, add another 25k for insurance and it would be 10.63 with 3rd year warranty.
10.63 on road!!??
The price of the Titanium variant here in Bangalore in 11.6 on road!!! I know, we pay more for the same car here than you guys but is it so much that the difference comes upto a lac!!!???
Old 18th September 2014, 19:50   #330
BHPian

Quote:

What should i do of the Goodyear eagle NCT 5? Got a quote and a dealer will buy back these tyres and give me Bridgestone Turanza ER 60 in same size. I will have to pay 2800 as buy back cost, is it worth it? Wont go for michelins as they are comfort oriented and dont fare well under hard cornering. Are NCT5 worth keeping or should i get them changed?
Congrats on booking, and welcome to the club!

I would advise you to keep the NCT 5's. The buyback quoted isn't good by your dealer. Plus, the tyres are decent. AFAIK, these NCT5's on the fiesta were imported from germany in the earlier model. Don't know what's the scenario with the facelift. Still, it's a decent tyre.

I would also recommend you to buy the boot mat which ford provides. Good quality stuff. Has taken abuse very well in my case, and still looks very fresh.

Do go through my ownership report for the small things which you should look out for in the car.

Congrats once again

Thanks,
Simple_car

Most Viewed