Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2014, 20:18   #331
BHPian

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Ecosport vs Fiesta debate is one that I still keep doing in my my mind - even after owning the Ecosport for over a year - but for me, the scale always tips to the Ecosport side because it is my only route to owning a car with six airbags and other safety gadgets.

ps: Am not trying to sell the Ecosport here.
blacksport is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 00:17   #332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
Congratulations coolboy007 for choosing a true driver's car!
Thank you and thanks to team bhp for providing so much valuable info and helping me choose cars which are great to drive, we are happy with our Ecosport and hope Fiesta serves us well too.

Quote:
10.63 on road!!??
The price of the Titanium variant here in Bangalore in 11.6 on road!!! I know, we pay more for the same car here than you guys but is it so much that the difference comes upto a lac!!!???
- now that is quite a premium. The on road on dealer's price list was 10.91 as well but you need to opt out of their insurance where they earn a cool 15-20k margin and their useless 9k worth body care. Anyways, bangalore taxes are quite high sadly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple_car View Post
Congrats on booking, and welcome to the club!
Thanks mate, feeling happy to be a part of the Fiesta club. Never knew it was such a good car until i drove one.

Quote:
I would advise you to keep the NCT 5's. The buyback quoted isn't good by your dealer. Plus, the tyres are decent. AFAIK, these NCT5's on the fiesta were imported from germany in the earlier model. Don't know what's the scenario with the facelift. Still, it's a decent tyre.
Thanks for the advice, as you say, the buy back being offered is quite poor. He cited the reason that made in Germany NCT 5's have no warranty and so the resale is quite poor. The face lifted ones also come made in Germany tyres. The only issue i feel is the excess road noise and that hardly bothers me.

Quote:
I would also recommend you to buy the boot mat which ford provides. Good quality stuff. Has taken abuse very well in my case, and still looks very fresh.
Do go through my ownership report for the small things which you should look out for in the car.
Congrats once again
Thanks,
Simple_car
Thanks, will opt for the original boot mat. Going through your ownership report right now

Cheers
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 01:20   #333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Thanks for the advice, as you say, the buy back being offered is quite poor. He cited the reason that made in Germany NCT 5's have no warranty and so the resale is quite poor. The face lifted ones also come made in Germany tyres. The only issue i feel is the excess road noise and that hardly bothers me.
Cheers
You can dig up my old ownership thread of the Fiesta at TBHP. I too got my tires upgraded when I bought it from BK Tires in Lajpat Nagar. It was Jitesh who is always really helpful. He gave me a good buyback for my tires (same german ones).

I went for 205/55 if I recollect correctly, however the front tires used to use the sidewall on the bumps. So later I replaced the front with 195/55 I believe and kept the same rears. 15" or 16" is not the issue, issue is the width of front tires should be more then 195.

I had gone for Yoko S Drives.

You can find some pictures on this thread...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...eo-review.html
aseem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 13:51   #334
BHPian

Thanks again Folks for your suggestion.

Eco Sport is out but with bit of Twist In comes Fiat Avventura. I am Surely going to have a look at it and by the look of the Things it might be priced 50k to 1 lacs over and obove New Punto Evo and that will surely make it a sweet deal, finger crossed!!

IT seems somewhere inside I am itching maybe for a change My brief History of Ownership may point towards my DNA

First Car Ford Ikon 1.6 2003
2nd car Honda city Vtec 2007 (still have it but will go)
3rd Car Fiat Palio 1.6 Sports 2007 (still have it and keeping)

So Honda, with its Flimsy build Quality etc did not stand any chance. I was Almost Done with Fiesta but Fiat Avventura is keeping me
Hooked.

I need to make a Decision before Divali and Torrid motors Fiat, informed me that
Launch date is first week of October for Avventura.

As Far As Fiesta is concerned I am clear that I want those old set of Alloys.

Had it not been for Avventura would have booked Fiesta by now however the wait is killing me.

Will keep you posted folks !

Last edited by fight_club : 19th September 2014 at 13:55.
Old 21st September 2014, 14:37   #335
BHPian

Got my first service done. Cost me zero bucks. So far loving every bit of it.

Having said that I want to check with other owners on one thing. Soon after buying the car I put sinful on the windshield. The installation weakened the sealant in the reason sensor and since the sensitivity is a bit less. When I checked with Ford, they are saying that the only solution is to replace the entire windshield.

Has anyone else faced the same problem? Please share your experience and advice. Thanks.
Old 21st September 2014, 21:49   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvramsub View Post
Got my first service done. Cost me zero bucks. So far loving every bit of it.

Having said that I want to check with other owners on one thing. Soon after buying the car I put sinful on the windshield. The installation weakened the sealant in the reason sensor and since the sensitivity is a bit less. When I checked with Ford, they are saying that the only solution is to replace the entire windshield.

Has anyone else faced the same problem? Please share your experience and advice. Thanks.
Reposting below due to typos:

Having said that, I want to check with other owners on one thing. Soon after buying the car I put sunfilm on the windshield. The installation weakened the sealant in the rain sensor and since then sensitivity is a bit less. When I checked with Ford, they are saying that the only solution is to replace the entire windshield.
Old 22nd September 2014, 13:06   #337
BHPian

Question to current owners, how does the ground clearance compare with cars like City/Vento/Linea? Can it take on bad roads with aplomb?

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd September 2014 at 12:52. Reason: SMS lingo
Old 22nd September 2014, 13:36   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
q to current owners, how does the ground clearance compare with cars like City/vento/linea? Can it take on bad roads with aplomb?
It can "glide" over speed breakers without the "fear" of ever touching the underbody. That's the beauty of this car.
Old 25th September 2014, 18:09   #339
Senior - BHPian

Finally got the delivery of my white Fiesta Titanium today from Harpreet Ford, New Delhi. Loving the exeprience, the ride quality is outstanding and that seat+steering combo is a winner. Already driven 60 kms inside city and fe meter is showing 16.9. The driving position is spot on, much better than my Vento.

Have 1 small niggle though, right front speaker is cracking and left front tweeter + speaker is not working, will take it to the showroom tomorrow. Missed the audio system check during PDI :(
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-1411648499155.jpg  

coolboy007 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 25th September 2014, 20:34   #340
BHPian

Awesome men, congratulations

Please keep us posted with regular updates and have loads of fun with this gem of a car
fight_club is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2014, 21:01   #341
VKS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Finally got the delivery of my white Fiesta Titanium today from Harpreet Ford, New Delhi.(
Congratulations for your new ride ! You have an interesting set of cars .Vento and Fiesta. I was planning to upgrade to one of these from my 2009 i20.

Can you please let me know what made you go for Fiesta over other cars ? Also what major difference you see between Fiesta and Vento as you own both leaving the service aside.
VKS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2014, 21:26   #342
BHPian

Congrats cool boy on the second addition from ford, who doesn't wish to have two star players from the same team.

I have booked a black bird(fiesta) and when I did the TD, all the speakers being door mounted was not as enticing as the classic(my present ride) which has two door and two rear parcel tray ones.

Sometimes the diaphragm of the speakers tend to vibrate unevenly to make that harsh noise and may settle down as time goes by,

Since you paid a million it's better to get it fixed immediately

Happy miles and smiles, waiting for my ride to come home
Self Driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2014, 21:52   #343
BHPian

Guys, I'm gonna be in the market for a new car pretty soon as our Getz has been sold and will be going away from us in the next couple of weeks (sadly)!

My requirements are simple - upgrade to the C segment, an outright driver's car (top end variant only) with all the safety features, some bells and whistles and good A.S.S.

I have test driven the Duster, Ecosport and the Fiesta and driven the Verna, Vento and the City within my circle of family and friends. Ive read the reviews of almost all the cars that have been featured on TBhp and have a fair knowledge on most aspects of those cars. The Fiesta is a very well appreciated car in the forum for its capabilities. I myself liked it when i test drove it and have decided to go for it. However, I do have a few questions for you all -

1) I keep my cars for a minimum of 5-6 yrs. As Ford is not interested in the volumes for the Fiesta, is there any chance that they might stop producing it altogether in the future?

2) As far as i know, Ford A.S.S is decent (not comparable to Maruti/Hyundai but not as bad as VW/Skoda). Since the Fiesta shares most of its parts with the Ecosport or vice versa, i assume the service costs would be similar? How reasonable/expensive is it?

3)I haven't considered any other C segment car. Do you suggest any alternatives to the Fiesta while keeping my requirements in check (even if its just for the sake of comparison)? Please note that the space inside the Fiesta is not a deal breaker for me. Also, the fuel type is of no major concern. It just happens that Fiesta comes only in Diesel.
Also, my initial budget was 10lacs. I liked the Fiesta, so decided to increase it by a lac and will have to pay an additional 60k for the Titanium model here in B'lore, which quite frankly is bit of a stretch. So will appreciate if you can suggest something within the said budget.
Old 25th September 2014, 22:07   #344
BHPian

Quote:

My requirements are simple - upgrade to the C segment, an outright driver's car (top end variant only) with all the safety features, some bells and whistles and good A.S.S.

I have test driven the Duster, Ecosport and the Fiesta and driven the Verna, Vento and the City within my circle of family and friends. .

You have the answer in your question an outright driver's car = ford (excusing ecosport a little bit)

I was in the same dilemma and test drove similar set of cars as you have, but ended up booking fiesta

Ford has invested and planned for India in a big way, fusion is still supported let alone ikon, classic.

Other cars listed by you have their own strengths but if you need a car that you hate to get out, buy the fiesta

ASS has got better not top notch yet

Bells and whistles, you can keep on counting

Cheers
Old 25th September 2014, 23:16   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, I'm gonna be in the market for a new car pretty soon as our Getz has been sold and will be going away from us in the next couple of weeks (sadly)!

I have test driven the Duster, Ecosport and the Fiesta and driven the Verna, Vento and the City within my circle of family and friends. Ive read the reviews of almost all the cars that have been featured on TBhp and have a fair knowledge on most aspects of those cars. The Fiesta is a very well appreciated car in the forum for its capabilities. I myself liked it when i test drove it and have decided to go for it. However, I do have a few questions for you all -

1) I keep my cars for a minimum of 5-6 yrs. As Ford is not interested in the volumes for the Fiesta, is there any chance that they might stop producing it altogether in the future?

2) As far as i know, Ford A.S.S is decent (not comparable to Maruti/Hyundai but not as bad as VW/Skoda). Since the Fiesta shares most of its parts with the Ecosport or vice versa, i assume the service costs would be similar? How reasonable/expensive is it?

3)I haven't considered any other C segment car. Do you suggest any alternatives to the Fiesta while keeping my requirements in check (even if its just for the sake of comparison)? Please note that the space inside the Fiesta is not a deal breaker for me. Also, the fuel type is of no major concern. It just happens that Fiesta comes only in Diesel.
Also, my initial budget was 10lacs. I liked the Fiesta, so decided to increase it by a lac and will have to pay an additional 60k for the Titanium model here in B'lore, which quite frankly is bit of a stretch. So will appreciate if you can suggest something within the said budget.
Tried the linea tjet? It should fit more within your budget. Mileage is not that high. But performance is supposed to be very good(torque is drool-worthy). After the Fiesta, best driver's car if you ask me. Though it doesn't matter to you the rear bench is very comfortable as well.
Ruchitya is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed