Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2014, 23:45   #346
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by fight_club View Post
Awesome men, congratulations Please keep us posted with regular updates and have loads of fun with this gem of a car
Thanks mate, regular updates would be posted for sure. Will try starting an ownership thread on the new Fiesta, there is not a single thread on team bhp so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VKS View Post
Can you please let me know what made you go for Fiesta over other cars ? Also what major difference you see between Fiesta and Vento as you own both leaving the service aside.
There was not much option at all in the C segment, we already own a 2009 Linea, 2012 Vento and now a 2014 Fiesta. Sunny/Scala were eliminated as this car would be self driven, i dont like Japanese cars as i find there driving dynamics uninspiring and build quality too tinny.
Honda city was test driven but eliminated due to extremely poor NVH and wafer thin doors. Did not wait for the Ciaz as well because it is meant for back seat guys. Verna was not even driven as i knew i would never buy it after owning Linea and Vento so Fiesta was the sole survivor, had a test drive and was literally blown away.

This car is miles ahead of Vento in driving fun quotient, the saving grace in Vento is the blast to drive 1.6 TDi, ultra slick gear box and top notch interior space. VW after sales is very poor though, have a Ecosport as well and Ford's service is like Toyota after you taste VW. Vento is a fun machine as well but the steering is numb, ride and handling just good, high nvh from 1.6 TDi and service costs are expensive - 1st service of Vento costed 9000 where as Ecosport costed just 2200

Have driven Fiesta only 120 kms so far but am blown away by the ride +handling+steering of this car. It just glides over all potholes, it is even better than our Linea so you can get an idea on how far behind the Vento would be. For out right driver's car in C segment - there is just 1 car and it is Fiesta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self Driven View Post
Congrats cool boy on the second addition from ford, who doesn't wish to have two star players from the same team.
LOL, well yeah. Never thought i will buy a Fiesta but that is how things turned out. Read online reviews and was bowled over after driving the car.

Quote:
I have booked a black bird(fiesta) and when I did the TD, all the speakers being door mounted was not as enticing as the classic(my present ride) which has two door and two rear parcel tray ones.
Congrats on your ride, what a color to choose. Should look drop dead gorgeous with all that chrome on it. I too wanted the golden bronze but they said it would arrive by december which would be too late.
I found Figo's audio set up way better as well, should be the 6*9 speakers, never sat in a classic but seems Ford always gives good sound set ups.

Quote:
Sometimes the diaphragm of the speakers tend to vibrate unevenly to make that harsh noise and may settle down as time goes by,
Since you paid a million it's better to get it fixed immediately
It is still making that cracking sound and left side tweeter and speaker are not working. Will go tomorrow, have taken an off from work and would go on a nice long 140 kms drive tonight, can not resist driving this car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
My requirements are simple - upgrade to the C segment, an outright driver's car (top end variant only) with all the safety features, some bells and whistles and good A.S.S.
After owning Linea, Vento and now a Fiesta, i would dare to say that for out right driver's fun, the only cars worth considering are Vento/Rapid and Fiesta. Linea is also good but the 1.3 MJD is very very leathargic, if you can go for Tjet, then it is a blast to drive, Fiat ruined the car by jacking the clearance upto suv standards.

Fiesta is the sweetest handling car here with bucket type seats, best ride, handling and steering below 15 lakhs and a decent engine. Vento has its short comings like numb steering, good ride and decent handling but the 1.6 TDi is a monster - mash on the throttle in any gear and the torque surge above 2000 rpm makes you forget every thing. See what suits you more and sorry to confuse you even more
coolboy007 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 02:24   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks mate, regular updates would be posted for sure. Will try starting an ownership thread on the new Fiesta, there is not a single thread on team bhp so far.
Quote:
How we need one man. Can you please update me about the accessory purchased and how much did you pay for Insurance etc may help later for a hard bargain.

I am on some sort of on a tipsy topsy ride at the moment with my decision. On the one end, I am done with this Brute of the car for a sedan on the other hand Maybe I am craving for a SUV/CUV whatever you may call it.

Recently did a test drive of DUSTER AWD was quite impressed with the engine refinement and light clutch can only hold candle to its butch look
maybe AWD will be too steep for me but Adventure might word out and then I remember while Driving Duster I loved the light steering and it was surely fun to drive but I guess its that thing with Fiesta sort of aching it creates in your heart and for some reason could not help remembering the awesome feel of Fiesta Steering.

Surly, it has got me Screwed big time, I guess in next couple of days I will sleepwalk for another TD, surely It will again make me go week in my knees bring that smile when you feed the devil, Surely I am going to allow myself buy it without giving a damn about the back seat and the discomfort it might be for some my near and dear one

This brute has sure way of getting us poor devils ..

Last edited by fight_club : 26th September 2014 at 02:27.
Old 26th September 2014, 10:02   #348
BHPian

Quote:
I was in the same dilemma and test drove similar set of cars as you have, but ended up booking fiesta
Ford has invested and planned for India in a big way, fusion is still supported let alone ikon, classic.
Other cars listed by you have their own strengths but if you need a car that you hate to get out, buy the fiesta
ASS has got better not top notch yet
Thanks a lot! Your words have infused fresh confidence into my decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruchitya View Post
Tried the linea tjet? It should fit more within your budget. Mileage is not that high. But performance is supposed to be very good(torque is drool-worthy). After the Fiesta, best driver's car if you ask me. Though it doesn't matter to you the rear bench is very comfortable as well.
I haven't tried the T-Jet yet and will be testing it as soon as i get back to India. No matter how brilliant a car it is, the Linea went off my list when Fiat spoiled the design by adding an overdose of chrome on it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
After owning Linea, Vento and now a Fiesta, i would dare to say that for out right driver's fun, the only cars worth considering are Vento/Rapid and Fiesta. Linea is also good but the 1.3 MJD is very very leathargic, if you can go for Tjet, then it is a blast to drive, Fiat ruined the car by jacking the clearance upto suv standards.

Fiesta is the sweetest handling car here with bucket type seats, best ride, handling and steering below 15 lakhs and a decent engine. Vento has its short comings like numb steering, good ride and decent handling but the 1.6 TDi is a monster - mash on the throttle in any gear and the torque surge above 2000 rpm makes you forget every thing. See what suits you more and sorry to confuse you even more
I've driven my friend's Vento TDI and it was a rocket!!! Never had i experienced that rush of power before. Not sure if the new 1.5 will be as fun as the 1.6 though. Will have to wait for the reviews. I am a fan of its clean design as well. Looks understated but elegant and I like it that way. The only thing that stops me buying from the VW/Skoda stable are the horror stories that i've read on this forum.
Your confidence in Ford has increased mine by several notches! The fact that you own a Vento and a Fiesta now and telling that the Ford is more involving to drive says it all. My request to you is please provide us mortals, an ownership review of your Fiesta with loads of pictures.
Old 26th September 2014, 10:12   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Have driven Fiesta only 120 kms so far but am blown away by the ride +handling+steering of this car. It just glides over all potholes, it is even better than our Linea so you can get an idea on how far behind the Vento would be. For out right driver's car in C segment - there is just 1 car and it is Fiesta.
Are you sure about the ride part? Fiestas (and most Fords) are known for their stiff suspensions. I would be surprised if it is softer than the Linea. Even in the Ecosport, which is supposed to be an SUV, I find the ride quite jarring.

Quote:
I haven't tried the T-Jet yet and will be testing it as soon as i get back to India. No matter how brilliant a car it is, the Linea went off my list when Fiat spoiled the design by adding an overdose of chrome on it!!!
I had the same opinion until I saw one face to face. In my opinion, it looks much better than the old face. Somehow, it doesn't look good in pictures. I am not very much convinced about the rear side, though.
blacksport is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 16:33   #350

Quote:

Congratulations!!!...

Have always been a fan of the way the ford cars drive & handle (driven the figo & fiesta classic on more than one occasion).. A friend of mine, who owns a fiesta classic, was praising the new fiesta, after just a short test drive!(got me interested)..

Looking forward to your ownership thread.
R.Haree.N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 19:28   #351
BHPian

Quote:
1) I keep my cars for a minimum of 5-6 yrs. As Ford is not interested in the volumes for the Fiesta, is there any chance that they might stop producing it altogether in the future?

2) As far as i know, Ford A.S.S is decent (not comparable to Maruti/Hyundai but not as bad as VW/Skoda). Since the Fiesta shares most of its parts with the Ecosport or vice versa, i assume the service costs would be similar? How reasonable/expensive is it?
I own a Fusion(P) which is out of production from 2009. I give the vehicle to Metro Ford for regular service. I have not faced any issue so far. The regular service cost me around 3000. I think no. of New Fiesta will be more than Fusion on road in coming day.
arin_12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 19:57   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
I own a Fusion(P) which is out of production from 2009. I give the vehicle to Metro Ford for regular service. I have not faced any issue so far. The regular service cost me around 3000. I think no. of New Fiesta will be more than Fusion on road in coming day.
I had mentioned in my post that even Fusion is supported till date as a reply to porschefire's doubt on support for Fiesta

I had tested a freshened Fusion as an employee then, no words - steady drive on the road timeless simple design

Thanks for reminding me my past experience and also for cementing my words
Old 26th September 2014, 20:28   #353
Senior - BHPian

Congrats coolboy007

My ownership review is still in the oven, I am hoping I will be able to get it out by this weekend at least

Quote:
Will try starting an ownership thread on the new Fiesta, there is not a single thread on team bhp so far.
anachronix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 21:53   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
Ah, the Fusion. What a car it was!!! Ahead of its time and simply brilliant.
Thanks for your valuable info! I do hope that Fiesta fan club increases.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
My ownership review is still in the oven, I am hoping I will be able to get it out by this weekend at least
Your ownership reviews will be my gain as i'm gonna take the plunge this Sunday!!! Request you to upload them asap.
Dad will be paying the booking amount of 50k as i'm not in the country at the moment. We will be going for the smoke grey color ( ala Aston Martin!!! ).

Dad got a quotation today, i'm not sure about 3 things -
Standard Fitments - INR 4650
3rd Yr Extended Warranty - INR 14798
3rd Yr Road side assistance - INR 1043

Is it worth going for the 3rd year warranty? And what are the 'standard fitments' for which i've to shell out 5k? Shouldn't they be standard on the car in the first place?
Also, the insurance quote by the dealer is INR 35345. Will be looking at other options for sure. Any other things that i've to keep in mind while booking the car?

Thanks.
AD
Old 26th September 2014, 22:46   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Is it worth going for the 3rd year warranty? And what are the 'standard fitments' for which i've to shell out 5k? Shouldn't they be standard on the car in the first place?
Also, the insurance quote by the dealer is INR 35345. Will be looking at other options for sure. Any other things that i've to keep in mind while booking the car?

Thanks.
AD
What i heard from the dealer is that all floor mats and boot mat with mud flaps and also key chains and document holder is what you get for the standard fitment which in my view is a must since the mats are of good quality

Insurance from your own source surely saves the money to buy you the standard fitment

There is no offer from the dealer, except the broucher nothing is given free

I heard that the fiesta is already sold at near to NIL margin to Ford, so dont expect other than a Driver's car at a very good price

Extended warranty oh yeah why not. it was useful even for my Honda Activa

let the Wait start to lay your hands on the grey hound(sorry for naming it ahead)

Cheers
Old 27th September 2014, 01:49   #356
Senior - BHPian

The speaker issue has been solved to my satisfaction, kudos to Ford's service and especially Harpreet Ford. I reached at 3 PM today, handed over the car and it was found out that the wiring to tweeter was damaged at one end (error while installing at factory level). They told me that the part was not in stock but they removed the tweeter from their test drive car, installed it in mine and every thing was done under warranty with no hassles. Returned back home a happy man. The service staff were very apologetic that i had to bring the car the very next day.

Special thanks to our sales executive Gaurav who stood through out and was waiting at the workshop for me to get this issue sorted out.

The stock system is outstanding, the Ecosport was good as well but the additional 2 high quality tweeter transform the quality in Fiesta. Never sat in a car before with such a great sounding stock system.

Already covered a total of 370 kms in 2 days and the mid is showing a good 21.2 with a 50:50 highway/city drive. Had gone on a long 140 kms night drive yesterday and the car just sticks like a leech to the road. Drove my Vento today as well and the drive feel/handling is several notches down compared to Fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by fight_club View Post
How we need one man. Can you please update me about the accessory purchased and how much did you pay for Insurance etc may help later for a hard bargain
I purchased nothing from the dealer, opted out of their essential kit as i bought 3D star mats for my car (pics on the way soon) and also opted out of their body care package which was a hoax at 6500, better to get the job done outside.

Insurance was done outside and it costed me just 18k with 0 dep as had a 50% ncb certificate from other car. Get it done outside and save 7-8k compared to what dealers give.

Quote:
Surely I am going to allow myself buy it without giving a damn about the back seat and the discomfort it might be for some my near and dear one
This brute has sure way of getting us poor devils ..
Have a test drive of the Fiesta driving flat out and you will get the answer. Driving this car is pure joy.
Quote:
Your confidence in Ford has increased mine by several notches! The fact that you own a Vento and a Fiesta now and telling that the Ford is more involving to drive says it all. My request to you is please provide us mortals, an ownership review of your Fiesta with loads of pictures.
Tasted the service again today due to speaker issue and came back home a happy man. The service is indeed good. Ownership thread would be made but let me clock some miles to give a better view about the car.

Fiesta is miles ahead in driving feel compared to Vento, infact i prefer the slightly low power but top notch handling combination than explosive power but average handling. Vento is a straight line rocket but there is not much driving pleasure to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
Are you sure about the ride part? Fiestas (and most Fords) are known for their stiff suspensions. I would be surprised if it is softer than the Linea. Even in the Ecosport, which is supposed to be an SUV, I find the ride quite jarring
Maybe am bad at judging after driving Vento for 28,000 kms, the ride is okay but suspension is too noisy, keeps on thudding/thumping like Ecosport. In comparison, Fiesta just glides over small potholes and suspension is well damped. Our Linea has done 57,000 kms so not a fair comparison but at present Fiesta rides better than our old Linea.

Quote:
Your ownership reviews will be my gain as i'm gonna take the plunge this Sunday!!! Request you to upload them asap.
Dad will be paying the booking amount of 50k as i'm not in the country at the moment. We will be going for the smoke grey color ( ala Aston Martin!!! ).
or sure. Any other things that i've to keep in mind while booking the car?
Congrats in advance buddy, smoke grey is a nice choice. I opted out of the essential kit as i bought the 3D mats for my car which look lovely instead of those fabric ones. Opt out of any body care/polish package and spend half of that money at a good 3M outlet. Also get insurance quotes online.

The cheapest 0 dep quote i got for Fiesta was from Icici bank, they were giving an IDV of 9 lakhs and a premium of 31500 for 0 dep insurance.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 27th September 2014 at 01:50.
coolboy007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2014, 10:42   #357
BHPian

Quote:
What i heard from the dealer is that all floor mats and boot mat with mud flaps and also key chains and document holder is what you get for the standard fitment which in my view is a must since the mats are of good quality.
Quote:
There is no offer from the dealer, except the broucher nothing is given free
I heard that the fiesta is already sold at near to NIL margin to Ford, so dont expect other than a Driver's car at a very good price.
Thanks! Well, these are usually given with the car or as freebies but since you say there's no margin from the car, its quite acceptable. The mud flaps are only for the front wheels i assume? The rear wheels already have those unique mud flaps (if i can call them that) which look awesome IMO.
Surprisingly, the dealer has agreed to give 10k worth accessories of our choice for free! Have to look in the website as to what's on offer.

Quote:
let the Wait start to lay your hands on the grey hound(sorry for naming it ahead)
The 'grey-hound' actually sounds good. Suits the car very well!!!

Quote:
Congrats in advance buddy, smoke grey is a nice choice.
Thanks man! Your info really helped!

Quote:
The stock system is outstanding, the Ecosport was good as well but the additional 2 high quality tweeter transform the quality in Fiesta. Never sat in a car before with such a great sounding stock system.
Awesome! Couldn't play any music while i was test driving the car. I'm not a big audiophile and i don't understand the Bass-Treble settings so as long as it plays crystal clear music, i'm happy.

Quote:
Already covered a total of 370 kms in 2 days and the mid is showing a good 21.2 with a 50:50 highway/city drive. Had gone on a long 140 kms night drive yesterday and the car just sticks like a leech to the road. Drove my Vento today as well and the drive feel/handling is several notches down compared to Fiesta.

Fiesta is miles ahead in driving feel compared to Vento, infact i prefer the slightly low power but top notch handling combination than explosive power but average handling. Vento is a straight line rocket but there is not much driving pleasure to it.
Reconfirmation, Reconfirmation and reconfirmation, of the Fiesta's capabilities!!! And, the '21.2 kpl' is the icing on the cake.

Quote:
I purchased nothing from the dealer, opted out of their essential kit as i bought 3D star mats for my car (pics on the way soon) and also opted out of their body care package which was a hoax at 6500, better to get the job done outside.
I was thinking of the 3D mats but i think i'll go for the dealer provided mats for now. As for the body care package, well, i will be heading to 3M after the delivery.

Quote:
Insurance was done outside and it costed me just 18k with 0 dep as had a 50% ncb certificate from other car. Get it done outside and save 7-8k compared to what dealers give.
Doing exactly that. I've the ncb from my Getz and the insurance agent (who's a friend of dad) has confirmed that it will be carried over to the new car. The existing insurance of my Getz will expire in March so I just have to pay the difference amount.
Old 27th September 2014, 11:32   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! Well, these are usually given with the car or as freebies but since you say there's no margin from the car, its quite acceptable. The mud flaps are only for the front wheels i assume? The rear wheels already have those unique mud flaps (if i can call them that) which look awesome IMO.
Surprisingly, the dealer has agreed to give 10k worth accessories of our choice for free! Have to look in the website as to what's on offer.

The 'grey-hound' actually sounds good. Suits the car very well!!!
Wow 10k accessories which dealer are you going with?

The rear mud flap which we suppose is for aerodynamic aid looks cool but may not do the mud flap duty

Thanks for accepting the name with big heart

Cheers
Old 27th September 2014, 15:34   #359
vdi
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post

Eagerly waiting for it. Glad that you finally decided to post.

Last edited by vdi : 27th September 2014 at 15:38. Reason: changed the text
Old 27th September 2014, 19:16   #360
BHPian

For those who have booked and yet to get delivery

The stock alloy looks ok not captivating IMHO, so checked if the dealer can replace it with the alloy comes as accessories that looks more clean

The dealer did not heed my request but you can give a try/shot

Hope the owners too can share their views on my point

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks