Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2014, 22:57   #376
BHPian

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by fight_club View Post
The problem Which Fiesta face is that majority of people are not even aware that their has been any reduction and Ford is doing absolutely nothing to change that. The kind of neglect I see in Advertisement of Ford for this car is mind numbing.

Ford can try to Run a consolidated campaign for a fortnight highlight the huge reduction in the price and updated style etc.

Its a mystery to me as to why Ford is giving such step motherly treatment to this Gem of a car may some Enlighten soul will throw some more light on it
Well, me thinks Ford wants to sell the car only to the enlightened souls like us on TBhp.
As you have rightly pointed out, people do not know about the new Fiesta and i do not understand the point behind keeping it low key. Sure, the Ecosport is doing volumes but then it is never a bad thing if another product in your portfolio starts doing the volumes right? When i told my friends and family that i've booked a Fiesta, they thought i've booked the Classic and started advising me as to why i am going for such an old model. I had to correct them.
Another interesting bit that i personally feel is, in India, as the demand for a product rises, its quality slowly starts degrading. Purely my opinion, not sure if everyone agrees. If Ford are happy with the Fiesta's volumes, then i say let them keep it that way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
The trend version has very basic seats whereas titanium gets awesome bucket type seats which help a lot as i did try a few sharp corners and the seats held me firmly in place.
I remember reading a comment that the seats in the Titanium are offered as racing seats in Thailand. No mention of that anywhere here though. Last time when i went to check the car in the showroom, they did not have a brochure for the Fiesta. Gave me a brochure of the Ecosport instead!

Last edited by Porschefire : 29th September 2014 at 22:58.
Old 30th September 2014, 08:45   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont know if Ford mentions this in their brochures but there is a huge difference in front seats design, bolstering and material used.
Yes, Ford doesn't advertise the seats at all. Also, the availability of smoked headlights for the lower variants.

I have the brochure and there is no mention of this. I got to know about this from a post here. Reason why Titanium is the best variant to have.

By the way, congrats on bringing a lovely car home. Have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
My ownership review is still in the oven, I am hoping I will be able to get it out by this weekend at least
We are waiting still.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2014, 10:15   #378
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fight_club View Post
1. Is their any production constraint
2. Does Ford not want to unset its apple Cart "Ecosport" which Fiesta undercuts
3. Has Ford Accepted the fate without even a fight let the Car to its own?
Neither does it have the numbers nor the margins on each car sold. Thats the main problem with the fiesta, specially when compared to the Ecosport which sells in big numbers even after all those price hikes.

Ford will wake up only when the Ecosport numbers are affected.
Old 30th September 2014, 20:00   #379
BHPian

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-smobgallery11img.jpg

If you look closely you can see an arrow with number 3 adjacent to it. Looks like gear shift indicator. But when I TDed and asked the sales rep she said no such feature.

Am I having eye problem or that ford posted a wrong PIC or it can be enabled by some codes since comes disabled from factory.

Guys chip in please.

Note: The brochure pic does not have this.

Last edited by aah78 : 30th September 2014 at 21:42. Reason: Post edited for grammar, spell-check & readability.
Old 30th September 2014, 20:30   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you look closely you can see an arrow with number 3 adjacent to it.. Looks like gear shift indicator.. But when I TDed and asked the sales rep she said no such
That feature is there sir, affirmative. Have seen it in my Titanium Fiesta, on reaching appropriate speeds, it tells you to shift up and like others i feel its tuned to show you how to shift to get max fuel efficiency.

It is there is my Vento but hardly see this thing now, after 2-3 months, you wont give a damn to fuel efficiency and enjoy torque surges
coolboy007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2014, 21:38   #381
BHPian

Quote:
That feature is there sir, affirmative. Have seen it in my Titanium Fiesta, on reaching appropriate speeds, it tells you to shift up and like others i feel its tuned to show you how to shift to get max fuel efficiency
Thanks for your reply with experience added.

Now am little more curious, is this something that helps you along with the eco mode to achieve fuel efficiency or just to remind that you are in wrong gear for too long and helps us to keep the engine not getting taxed unnecessarily.

Hope am not complicating it too much.

Last edited by aah78 : 30th September 2014 at 21:41. Reason: Post edited for grammar & readability.
Old 2nd October 2014, 17:44   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self Driven View Post

Now am little more curious, is this something that helps you along with the eco mode to achieve fuel efficiency or just to remind that you are in wrong gear for too long and helps us to keep the engine not getting taxed unnecessarily.
I have noticed that the arrow shows up when you hit about 40 in 2nd gear, 60 in 3rd and 80 in 4th. The tacho is much below the 3k mark. I suppose the shift indicator is trying to suggest a great shift to get better FE rather than to protect the engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
It's really strange that Ford having such a good product at such a nice price is not doing any publicity for this model even after the facelift.
Way contrasting with the Marketing campaign for Ecosport which went on and on for months before the car was actually launched.
As a proud owner of this absolute gem of a car I am not complaining. I like the fact that there are few other cars and the exclusive club that all fiesta owners belong to.

I think we should organize an exclusive photo shoot with different fiesta owners showing off their beauties.
nvramsub is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2014, 00:14   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvramsub View Post

I think we should organize an exclusive photo shoot with different fiesta owners showing off their beauties.

Hi thanks for the info, feeling bad about the sales people inefficiency / Ford's negligence to highlight it broucher

I have booked a black one and waiting for few other things to fall in place so that i can take the delivery

Love your idea of a Fiesta fashion parade / photo shoot..wish to do that once i get the black bird
Old 9th October 2014, 18:15   #384
BHPian

Quote:
I have booked a black one and waiting for few other things to fall in place so that i can take the delivery
Hi Self Driven. Any update on your delivery dates? My dealer had promised delivery by Diwali. Got a call now and things are looking a little bleak.
Old 9th October 2014, 18:28   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
Hi Self Driven. Any update on your delivery dates? My dealer had promised delivery by Diwali. Got a call now and things are looking a little bleak.
Sorry Porschefire. It's through my company scheme so getting delayed. No cheque yet, so no question of delivery.
Old 11th October 2014, 20:24   #386
BHPian

Hi Porschefire

A Black Ninja(good photo, bike and the rider ) and a Paprika Red Fiesta?! Black could be more good to have as a family of black coloured beauties

Since i remember you saying that the colour was your dad's liking, cant say anything.

"the machine is mean and could have been meaner in black"

Jap and Americano tech for the bliss of Indians waiting for your car pics and posts

Cheers
Old 11th October 2014, 21:05   #387
Senior - BHPian

There aren't many on road, we don't have any ownership report yet and I don't have one in my driveway. So, guess we will have to make do with some videos for the 2014 Fiesta.

And quite a stunning video at that. Comprehensive with no presenter or anyone talking. Just perfect!

Please excuse if this has been shared already. Couldn't find it in this thread though.
deetjohn is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th October 2014, 23:11   #388
BHPian

Quote:
A Black Ninja(good photo, bike and the rider )
Thanks a lot buddy!

Quote:
Black could be more good to have as a family of black coloured beauties

Since i remember you saying that the colour was your dad's liking, cant say anything.

"the machine is mean and could have been meaner in black"
Well, you know what mate, i changed the color to black a day after booking the car! And the reason was because of the picture of the black Fiesta posted elsewhere in this thread. Looked absolutely smashing!!!
But alas, the dealer has denied the chances of getting the black anytime soon! So we're back to Paprika Red now. Not that it doesn't look good in this color (which it surely does) but yes, black would've been something else!

Quote:
Jap and Americano tech for the bliss of Indians waiting for your car pics and posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
There aren't many on road, we don't have any ownership report yet and I don't have one in my driveway. So, guess we will have to make do with some videos for the 2014 Fiesta.
Fret not gentlemen, if not an ownership review (immediately), i shall surely share abundant pictures of my baby as and when i get it home (which is pretty soon).
Too many people have been deprived of the Fiesta's beauty in this forum and i shall not let that happen!!!
But i do hope someone beats me into getting an ownership review up!
Old 11th October 2014, 23:42   #389
Senior - BHPian

I dont have many good quality pictures of the car but clicked a few from my phone after detailing the beauty.

Washed the car, clayed the entire car as the surface was rough to touch, cleaned the glasses and then put on 2 coats of collinite 845 for paint protection.

Am out of Delhi on vacations in my friend's Rapid ( it is one great car as well) and i promise that once am back, will bring the dslr out and click some good pics, need to do atleast 2000 kms on the car to get the hang of this car and ownership report out.

After driving Rapid around hills here, was really missing Fiesta, the handling is truly divine and it deserves to be thrown hard around corners. Vento/Rapid have excellent engine but handling is not spot on like Fiesta, more of a comfort oriented suspension.

Car has crossed 1000 kms and the mid is showing a healthy 22 on mid for this tankful, 70:30 City highway runs with ac set at 23. Planning to get oil changed at 2000 like i did for our Ecosport.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-1413050914473.jpg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-1413050932159.jpg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-1413050946229.jpg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-1413050965042.jpg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-1413050984322.jpg  

coolboy007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th October 2014, 23:54   #390
BHPian

Any possibility of discounts being doled out during the festive season ?
My dad has a budget of about 8 lakhs and is almost sold on i20 but I want him to stretch his budget a bit to buy the trend variant of fiesta instead.

Last edited by fuelinmyveins : 11th October 2014 at 23:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks