Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2014, 11:07   #391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelinmyveins View Post
Any possibility of discounts being doled out during the festive season ?
My dad has a budget of about 8 lakhs and is almost sold on i20 but I want him to stretch his budget a bit to buy the trend variant of fiesta instead.
Hey there. Please please do everything for him to go for the Fiesta, ohh its such a beauty, and compared to the i20, a much much better car.

Though, I don't think there would be any discounts, looking at low numbers they are able to deliver and those long waiting periods. But I can assure it would be totally worth the extra money, effort and time you people put in.
Old 12th October 2014, 11:27   #392
BHPian

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelinmyveins View Post
Any possibility of discounts being doled out during the festive season ?
My dad has a budget of about 8 lakhs and is almost sold on i20 but I want him to stretch his budget a bit to buy the trend variant of fiesta instead.
I had reported in earlier posts that this car is sold at very low margins, I heard that you may get 10k discounts or so for Diwali.

So no way for you except convincing your dad

Even December dhamaka by ford every year may not prove good for fiesta since stocks are not piled for clearance. I have booked mine (but getting delayed cause of few issues )?but I have waited (4th car) to get such a Car... So all the best

Cheers
Old 12th October 2014, 12:21   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
There aren't many on road, we don't have any ownership report yet and I don't have one in my driveway. So, guess we will have to make do with some videos for the 2014 Fiesta.

as been shared already. Couldn't find it in this thread though.
Superb video but a bit painful on the eyes when the lens eat up seconds before it focuses aka repeatedly. And wondering if it was shot in kerala or goa or? THanks for sharing.
Old 16th October 2014, 12:13   #394
BHPian

An update and a good one at that!
The car allotted to me has reached the dealer and is currently in their yard!

Will be asking my friend to carry out the PDI as I'm out of the country at the moment and dad is busy with his work.
I've requested for the Engine no, Chassis no and VIN no from the sales rep. Can somebody help me as to how to decode the VIN for Ford cars?
Old 16th October 2014, 14:33   #395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
An update and a good one at that!
The car allotted to me has reached the dealer and is currently in their yard!
Congrats buddy, one more addition to the Fiesta club , which color did you get?

As for the VIN decoding, here you go - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...ml#post2249672

11th character represents year and 12th represents month, in your case like mine, 11th character will be E which denotes 2014 as manufacturing year and 12th character for me was M which denotes it was a July manufactured car.

Just go to the link, check the 12th character, match it with year 2006 and you will get the month of manufacturing.
Old 16th October 2014, 15:00   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Congrats buddy, one more addition to the Fiesta club , which color did you get?

11th character represents year and 12th represents month, in your case like mine, 11th character will be E which denotes 2014 as manufacturing year and 12th character for me was M which denotes it was a July manufactured car.

Just go to the link, check the 12th character, match it with year 2006 and you will get the month of manufacturing.
Thanks a lot for this bundle of info buddy!

Happy to enter the Fiesta club and just can't wait to lay my hands on the machine! Getting the Paprika Red. Wanted black but the dealer denied every possible chance of an early delivery.
Porschefire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2014, 16:01   #397
Senior - BHPian

I am back on this forum as i promised before few months

Few months back i said no point in launching this car as it is not going to do well in the market. Lots of people didn't agree with me. I guess my prediction was right. I don't think its selling even 200-300 cars per month. After launch of Ciaz, New Vento, DSG Rapid & discounts on cars like Verna, Linea etc, it is going to struggle more in future. There are few people who has bought it & they are happy. Good for them.

But as i said its a FLOP show for Ford, Again !!! This car has again failed in new Avatar. Its failed to succeed in the market. I guess their strategy to launch failed car again with few changes, was wrong. Hope to get something better from Ford in future else they need to pack up soon from India.

Last edited by aniketi : 16th October 2014 at 16:02.
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2014, 17:21   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
But as i said its a FLOP show for Ford, Again !!! This car has again failed in new Avatar. Its failed to succeed in the market. I guess their strategy to launch failed car again with few changes, was wrong. Hope to get something better from Ford in future else they need to pack up soon from India.
Why, I thought Figo and Ecosport, esp. the latter were doing well in India. I don't think Ford is doing as bad as others like Fiat or Skoda. However, I agree that having earned a good reputation for the name "Fiesta", they failed to capitalize on that.
Old 16th October 2014, 18:47   #399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
May i know the point of your post? You came back to tell us that your predictions were right, is that the sole purpose of your post? Yes, you are right but dont expect a prize for this prediction.

Fiesta was a flop the moment it was introduced at such high prices,no amount of facelifts can help that and even the owners here knew it wont sell more than 400-500 cars a month. Atleast Ford as a company is faring better than VW/Skoda in overall sales and spare part availability.

If Ford had given soft suspension, light steering, rich interiors with added features, then this car might have sold a little more but alas they wasted their money on bucket seats, solid build, engineering a taut chasis with class leading suspension and steering but some people ( a small fraction) love such companies who use their money on core aspects of a car.

Which enthusiast car sells in our market? Linea is a flop, Fiesta is a flop, Rapid/Vento are a flop but Verna with its boat like handling is a hot seller, City with its 175 tyres tops charts and even the Ciaz with uninspiring dynamics will be a hit. Even in D segment, Jetta/Octavia are a hoot to drive but Altis remains bestseller.

Indian market hates cars which are great to drive, emphasis is more on features, interiors and after sales.
coolboy007 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 16th October 2014, 22:17   #400
BHPian

Quote:

Few months back i said no point in launching this car as it is not going to do well in the market. Lots of people didn't agree with me. I guess my prediction was right.
Boy, am i glad that Ford did not listen to this "prediction" of yours and went ahead and launched the Fiesta!

Quote:
I don't think its selling even 200-300 cars per month.
Thank god they are not selling any more than these numbers!
If Ford wanted to cater to the masses with the Fiesta then I'm pretty damn sure that it would be a boring car to drive. But no, they went ahead and made a car that would excite the enthusiasts and kudos to them for that effort.
"Flop car" as you put it, it rightly is but atleast it has got its dynamics right unlike the Verna or the City (sorry, no offence meant to anyone)!

Quote:
May i suggest something my friend? If your sole purpose of commenting all these in this thread is just for a 'kick' or something then i suggest you not to bother posting anything as they have been quite repetitive in nature.
Porschefire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2014, 22:59   #401
Senior - BHPian

@coolboy007 and @Porschefire

+1 to your views. There are many who think that the hideous Dzire is the best car in the segment because it sells so many. Let them live in their own hallucinations!

Last edited by vnabhi : 16th October 2014 at 23:01.
Old 16th October 2014, 23:15   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post

+1 to your views. There are many who think that the hideous Dzire is the best car in the segment because it sells so many. Let them live in their own hallucinations!

The hideous dzire belongs to a different segment - where people value peace of mind, reliability, good fuel efficiency , decently peppy motor and Maruti A**. The Fiesta belongs to the C+, where its an also ran in everything apart from handling (even better than linea).
JishD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2014, 00:15   #403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post

Hideous? That's your perception. So, according to you the one which sells the most isn't necessarily the best. What is the definition of best? I guess in simple language it is something which fulfills most of the required criteria better than others.

Dzire gives good FE, has a good drive, a very good service network, reliable as I haven't heard users complain of breakdowns. Looks are subjective. You hate it, I am not a fan of its looks either, but thousands of others like it's looks. In its segment it has more positives and very few negatives. Amaze has ridiculous interiors, Xcent has mediocre engine and a perception of expensive Hyundai service and parts, Zest has notorious Tata brand to tackle, but Dzire ticks almost all of the boxes for a common man. That's why it's a bestseller.

Coming back to the topic of Fiesta it's a classic(no pun intended) example of a good car ruined by the marketing team and management. First Gen Fiesta was great, face-lift one was even better, whenever I use to drive my cousin's Fiesta it was so much easy to drive and fun than our Manza. New one could have been a hit but they priced it at ridiculous levels. I don't have the stats but I am sure Fiesta classic must have outsold the new one.

And now with this face-lift marketing team has again not done enough to aware people. And to say Ford didn't built fiesta for the masses is ridiculous. It's not a Bugatti Veyron which can only be afforded by certain people so they make it for specific clientele. It's a car for common people. Just cos the management has made blunders in selling it they can't classify it into an Elite category.

If a Vento or Rapid are doing better numbers than Fiesta even with their infamous A.S.S then Ford really should consider their options regarding the future of Fiesta. IMHO all they need to do is get a better marketing team and promote it like crazy. If the people won't even know there is a good car who is gonna go and buy it.
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2014, 00:22   #404
BHPian

Quote:

Few months back i said no point in launching this car as it is not going to do well in the market. Lots of people didn't agree with me. I guess my prediction was right. I don't think its selling even 200-300 cars per month. After launch of Ciaz, New Vento, DSG Rapid & discounts on cars like Verna, Linea etc, it is going to struggle more in future. There are few people who has bought it & they are happy. Good for them.

Seriously dude? You came back to tell us that your predictions were right?

Many have already said what is undoubtedly true. Let me add one more thing to that. If your definition of success is simply based on the number of cars sold, then you should also know that Ford is, for some strange reason, limiting the number of Fiesta's they deliver in a big way. Plus, there is ZERO marketing.

The City and the Ciaz have gone overboard in advertising their cars. If only Ford did a better job of marketing it, you would have seen greater footfalls in the showrooms, translating to higher sales. The Fiesta is the cheapest Diesel sedan in its class, with competitive features. What it lacks (except perhaps leather seats, sunroof, reverse camera, a rear AC vent and rear knee/leg room) is compensated for in ample measures with the sheer brilliance in engineering. You can't help fall in love with the car if you ever get behind the wheels.

My own story goes like this:
I was bowled over by the older Fiesta Petrol DCT ever since I test drove one in Gurgaon in late 2013 and was told that they have stopped production as the facelift was on the cards. This was after having test driven the Gen 3 Honda City, SX4, Vento, i20 and Verna. A short drive of the original Ford Fiesta (now classic) further made me fall in love with the 'Fiesta' badge. So, I kept waiting for the launch of the facelift. Even made a trip to Noida for the Autoshow this year to just see the facelift.

In between, moved to Bangalore. Kept following all car launches and kept getting frustrated with the delay in the launch of the Fiesta. I was very keen on getting an AT, but when it was confirmed beyond any doubt that Ford was only going to launch the Diesel MT, I gave up. Went ahead and booked the Honda City VX CVT in June this year, just days after the Fiesta was launched.

3 weeks passed. Heart pulled me towards a Ford showroom. Asked for a TD, but because I went after 5 p.m., they refused citing heavy traffic! Went the next day and waited there for 1 hour because the TD car had gone for refueling! Finally, got into the driving seat. Boy! Wasn't I in love again?

Slept over this experience for a couple of days, and I got a call from the Honda dealer confirming allotment of my car and that delivery can be done within 2 weeks, well in advance of the promised date. Head vs heart battle started. So, as the Saturday of that week came, called up the Ford dealer once again, and was told that one 'smoke grey' Fiesta was available for immediate delivery. Rushed to the dealer to take a look at the car one last time. To settle the head vs heart battle, went to the nearby Honda showroom and took another TD of the City. That settled the debate within. Within an hour, I had booked the Fiesta and canceled my Honda City booking.

That is Fiesta for you, my friend. If you haven't felt it, you haven't. No point in talking to people who define success only on the basis of the number of cars on the road, when true success of any product is that it wows the customer and puts a smile on his face.

If you can find one Fiesta owner who isn't proud to be owning the car, I will accept failure.
nvramsub is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th October 2014, 08:11   #405
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
A promise is a promise, isn't it. Especially when you have won a Cyber Argument with a bunch of unknown faces, you better come and claim your cookie

Quote:
Few months back i said no point in launching this car as it is not going to do well in the market. Lots of people didn't agree with me. I guess my prediction was right. I don't think its selling even 200-300 cars per month. There are few people who has bought it & they are happy. Good for them.
Oops, too early to claim the cookie. The highlighted part was the only expectation from "Lots of people" too. I don't think it even does 100/month. I know one person who got the car and trust me, he's happy with the car.

Quote:
Hope to get something better from Ford in future else they need to pack up soon from India.
Search the forum/net for New Figo/Figo sedan and do tell Ford and us, your view and prediction. I want the company to stay, so that someday the Focus and Mondeo/Fusion will come to India.

Last edited by kiku007 : 17th October 2014 at 08:12.
kiku007 is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed