Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2014, 08:23   #406
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
But as i said its a FLOP show for Ford, Again !!! This car has again failed in new Avatar. Its failed to succeed in the market. I guess their strategy to launch failed car again with few changes, was wrong. Hope to get something better from Ford in future else they need to pack up soon from India.
Flop for sure. But a great product none the less. The Fiesta caters for a very small community like the Linea T-JET. Ford knew this even at launch and during the media drives, they had made it amply clear that this car will not target high volumes. We thought this meant high/premium pricing but Ford surprised us with the pricing. Unfortunately even at competitive price, they decided to make a very limited quantity. Right now there is a waiting period for all models cause the dealers only get 1-2 cars monthly.

Apart from the rear seat space, there is really nothing wrong in this car and as the owners of the car have stated they are all happy.

In comparo, look at the City thread, Plenty of issues reported. Ofcourse I understand the City does 70X the numbers but on the forum the small % of buyers seem to be facing their share of issues. Yet the city is the highest selling car.
Vid6639 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 17th October 2014, 08:45   #407
Senior - BHPian

Oh you are back, Welcome dude!

Quote:
I am back on this forum as i promised before few months
Well, 200 to 300 cars per month was Ford's target anyway and this car is not even sold in Tier-2 cities yet. So a big cookie for getting that bit on the numbers right.

Very few people who have bought it, yes. But are they happy? No, but as Mr.Clarkson said it nicely about the Fiesta, "Despite all this Terry and June down-to-earthness, there is also lots and lots of juicy speed and joie de vivre. " Its exactly that feeling, but hey its even more fun hearing such ill-informed thoughts from non-petroheads about the car

Quote:
Few months back i said no point in launching this car as it is not going to do well in the market. Lots of people didn't agree with me. I guess my prediction was right. I don't think its selling even 200-300 cars per month. After launch of Ciaz, New Vento, DSG Rapid & discounts on cars like Verna, Linea etc, it is going to struggle more in future. There are few people who has bought it & they are happy. Good for them.
If Ford only wanted to sell 10,000 cars a month and sold only 200, right and you want Ford to Pack up soon and make way for cars made out of cardboard pieces?

Quote:
But as i said its a FLOP show for Ford, Again !!! This car has again failed in new Avatar. Its failed to succeed in the market. I guess their strategy to launch failed car again with few changes, was wrong. Hope to get something better from Ford in future else they need to pack up soon from India.
anachronix is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th October 2014, 11:15   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
Why, I thought Figo and Ecosport, esp. the latter were doing well in India. I don't think Ford is doing as bad as others like Fiat or Skoda. However, I agree that having earned a good reputation for the name "Fiesta", they failed to capitalize on that.
Yes, EcoSport is doing good but not great. Apart from it what else? Nothing much currently. Please don't compare Ford with Fiat or Skoda, Ford is much bigger than those 2 & can certainly do better than this if they want & take India seriously. I hope they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
May i know the point of your post? You came back to tell us that your predictions were right, is that the sole purpose of your post? Yes, you are right but dont expect a prize for this prediction.
My only point was there is no point in launching new Fiesta again. It was a major flop earlier & so no chance with facelift as well. Instead Ford should launch something new, better so that at least they will get chance to do well. I never said New Fiesta is a bad car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
Boy, am i glad that Ford did not listen to this "prediction" of yours and went ahead and launched the Fiesta!
I guess i answered above already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
@coolboy007 and @Porschefire.+1 to your views. There are many who think that the hideous Dzire is the best car in the segment because it sells so many. Let them live in their own hallucinations!
I will only say wrong comparison. We are discussing something else here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
The hideous dzire belongs to a different segment
+1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Hideous? That's your perception. So, according to you the one which sells the most isn't necessarily the best. What is the definition of best? I guess in simple language it is something which fulfills most of the required criteria better than others.
Very well said my friend. No need to add anything here. Point well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvramsub View Post
Seriously dude? You came back to tell us that your predictions were right?
Many have already said what is undoubtedly true. Let me add one more thing to that. If your definition of success is simply based on the number of cars sold, then you should also know that Ford is, for some strange reason, limiting the number of Fiesta's they deliver in a big way. Plus, there is ZERO marketing.
Good to hear all your love for Fiesta. Enjoy !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
A promise is a promise, isn't it. Especially when you have won a Cyber Argument with a bunch of unknown faces, you better come and claim your cookie
I will be more happy than you if Ford gives us more cars, better cars in future. But sadly i don't think its happening. Frankly speaking, if you ask me, i don't see very bright future for new figo/figo sedan when you see the tough competition we already have. Let's wait & watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Flop for sure. But a great product none the less. The Fiesta caters for a very small community like the Linea T-JET. Ford knew this even at launch and during the media drives, they had made it amply clear that this car will not target high volumes.
Again, Fiesta is good car but Ford has done blunder with it when they launched it. Now also they relaunched it with some modifications but are doing nothing to sell it. Don't understand what is the strategy here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Well, 200 to 300 cars per month was Ford's target anyway and this car is not even sold in Tier-2 cities yet. So a big cookie for getting that bit on the numbers right

Last edited by mobike008 : 17th October 2014 at 14:52. Reason: Absolutely uncessary to quote such long post for one line replies as it becomes eyesore. Next time infraction if repeated
Old 17th October 2014, 11:21   #409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I wanted to attach this picture in my earlier post, but I thought I would keep it for later. Hope this will cheer you up!

I should have my review out this weekend as well and feast all BHPians's eyes with more pictures

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-fiesta2.jpg
anachronix is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 17th October 2014, 11:34   #410
BHPian

Quote:
I wanted to attach this picture in my earlier post, but I thought I would keep it for later. Hope this will cheer you up!

I should have my review out this weekend as well and feast all BHPians's eyes with more pictures
This literally bought tears in my eyes!!! Looks absolutely magnificent!!!

I'll be closely watching this space for your review mate. Get it out asap!!!
Old 17th October 2014, 12:00   #411
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1299898
Nice picture there Please remove the number plate details
Old 17th October 2014, 12:39   #412
BHPian

Quote:

That is Fiesta for you, my friend. If you haven't felt it, you haven't. No point in talking to people who define success only on the basis of the number of cars on the road, when true success of any product is that it wows the customer and puts a smile on his face.

If you can find one Fiesta owner who isn't proud to be owning the car, I will accept failure.
True that! I test drove a Fiesta 1.6 when it was just launched a few years ago. Man, whatta lovely car it was. Fast fwd to 2012, when I was looking for a Sedan, the only other option was the Linea. Fiesta was most favorable and just went ahead and bought a Fiesta Classic 1.6. The experience was just like how I felt when I first test drove it.

My next is surely the new Fiesta. Looks a bit too funky, but it's the best sedan available at that price point now. Highly disappointed though with the marketing and no Petrol option.

Last edited by FordDodo : 17th October 2014 at 12:42.
Old 17th October 2014, 13:02   #413
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for the photo and reminding how good the front is. So good that it makes me forget all about the rear. But for the 2 years still left in my Linea, this would have been my next car. Hope Ford still sell this or something better when I am in the market again.
prakash_ajp is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2014, 13:10   #414
BHPian

A rare pic of a new fiesta taken from another new fiesta. The first time I saw another one on Bangalore roads.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-img_20141017_121451.jpg  

nvramsub is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th October 2014, 13:24   #415
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Anachronix! Eagerly waiting for your review. Wish you many miles of 'exciting' motoring, something that other cars majorly miss out on.

How do you find the diesel motor when compared to your 1.6?
Old 17th October 2014, 13:49   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1299898
Congrats!
I simply love it's Aston Martin inspired front. Probably the best in segment. I always had a thing for Red and Black color but since couple of years I have started appreciating how classy White looks. Enjoy and your review is awaited.
Old 17th October 2014, 14:17   #417
Senior - BHPian

Ford never intended to produce many New Fiesta's in the first place. I recall many bhpians who had enquired mentioning dealers allotments of just 10 cars a month and only in select cities. Ford's lines are currently busy producing the Ecosport. If you look at SIAM data, Ford built 10K Ecosport last month ! (~5.5k exported & the remaining domestic), so even if they want to produce more Fiestas I don't think they can !

The Fiesta is a brilliant car and even I see the rear space as it's only negative. The pricing is also spot on now.

On comments that Ford should bring 'better' cars, I wonder what 'better' is ? Put a 'S' or a 'H' badge probably .

@anachronix - Your ownership review is overdue ! As penalty you have to put in more pictures now

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 17th October 2014 at 14:18.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2014, 15:25   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am back on this forum as i promised before few months

Few months back i said no point in launching this car as it is not going to do well in the market. Lots of people didn't agree with me. I guess my prediction was right. I don't think its selling even 200-300 cars per month. After launch of Ciaz, New Vento, DSG Rapid & discounts on cars like Verna, Linea etc, it is going to struggle more in future. There are few people who has bought it & they are happy. Good for them.

Aniketi,

I have no axe to grind, but this post of yours is in bad taste.

The Fiesta Facelift won't sell like hot cakes, but a buyer will be richer by the experience of owning such an automobile.

In life, certain things are best experienced or felt rather than contemplated/pondered upon, and the Fiesta Facelift is one such thing.

Seeing the glass full, I thank you for bringing out so many people in open support of the Fiesta Facelift, for the car deserves its share of praise where it's due.

Perhaps, more car makers will notice that India has an enthusiast brigade too.

Cheers,

Jay

Last edited by JayPrashanth : 17th October 2014 at 15:29.
JayPrashanth is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 17th October 2014, 15:26   #419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A rare pic of a new fiesta taken from another new fiesta.
Please do pen in your review of the New Fiesta

Quote:
I should have my review out this weekend
Just curious in both your cases, what were the waiting times for the 2014 Fiesta when you brought them?
Old 17th October 2014, 16:01   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Please do pen in your review of the New Fiesta

Just curious in both your cases, what were the waiting times for the 2014 Fiesta when you brought them?
Review is certainly on the cards. Being a newbie, I can't open my own post!! Waiting for the 25 posts to get over soon.

I booked a car already available with the dealer, and took delivery in 2 weeks from booking. It took some time to get the loan approved and complete other formalities.
nvramsub is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks