Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2014, 09:28   #496
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

I think with the deregulation of Diesel and the lesser difference in price between Petrol and Diesel, it would be the right time for Ford to re-introduce the Petrol options.

It will bring more potential customers into the showroom due to the additional option available and it might translate into sales as well even if they end up buying the Diesel.

I hope they launch the Petrol with the DCT GearBox like before. Will have more time to focus on driving such a beautiful machine!
SchumiFan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2014, 07:59   #497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quakerme View Post
Deet john : is the pic taken at kairali ford edapally? In the second photo look at the pic which is on display in the entrance of the showroom - its still the old global fiesta.
Congrats on the booking. Its a lovely choice indeed.

It is indeed Kairali Ford at Edapally. A black has also arrived for delivery, but missed it as they moved it back into the yard.

Ford is aiming high on Word of mouth marketing for the 2014 Fiesta. And I couldn't care less. Hope they sort out the production constraints soon though.
Old 30th November 2014, 17:59   #498
Senior - BHPian

Completed my Fiesta's first service a week back. The car had done 2450 kms and i had taken a prior appointment at Harpreet Ford, Moti Nagar. Reached an hour late and despite it being a Saturday, the car was delivered back in 3 hours with all the work done.

Got the oil changed like i did for out Ecosport, they cleaned the air filter, washed the car and all i had to pay was a meagre INR 1697 for both the oil + oil filter (that is super cheap). Had also requested to check if there was any software update but i was getting late so avoided it. The SA also had no clue about auto door lock not working, wonder how Ford missed such an important feature, i always forget to lock manually and this is a safety hindrance.

Car has clocked 3100 kms and i have had no issues so far. Got to stretch her legs a bit on a highway drive after service and this car has exceptional stability at high speeds. It feels glued to road at all times and lane changes above 100 are a piece of cake. Just wish the car came with a more grippy set of tyres, these NCT 5's are no match grip wise on the Potenza' running on my Vento. The tyres do start sliding under hard cornerning but are less noisy and have better ride than the hard Bridgestone rubber. Still i applaud Ford for giving proper sized expensive tyres with the car than going in with cheap MRF or JK tyres.

At highway speeds, i felt the power a bit on the lower side but that may be because i am used to Vento's power which shoots forward like a maniac. The refinement of the 1.5 TDCi mill is impressive. On FE front, car is consistently returning a steady 18-19 in city with me revving the engine hard and my sister being a sedate driver.

10k service would cost similar as the labour is free and only oil is changed, air filter etc are just cleaned. Uploading the bill and a random click of the Fiesta.

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-imag0661.jpg

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-imag0662.jpg

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-imag0678_1.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Ford is aiming high on Word of mouth marketing for the 2014 Fiesta. And I couldn't care less. Hope they sort out the production constraints soon though.
Had a question for you buddy. Since you own a Swift and have driven the new Fiesta on multiple occasions, wanted to ask you your opinion on the difference between the ride/handling of both the cars. Have driven my friend's Swift and found it reasonably stiff and fun, just wanted to ask, how is it compared to Fiesta, Swift was better than Vento for sure, just that the light build did not inspire confidence at high speeds. Wanted to ask for the sake of it , know they are from different segments. You have been quite active on this thread, any plans for the new Fiesta.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 30th November 2014 at 18:07.
coolboy007 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st December 2014, 06:42   #499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Had a question for you buddy. Since you own a Swift and have driven the new Fiesta on multiple occasions, wanted to ask you your opinion on the difference between the ride/handling of both the cars. Have driven my friend's Swift and found it reasonably stiff and fun, just wanted to ask, how is it compared to Fiesta, Swift was better than Vento for sure, just that the light build did not inspire confidence at high speeds. Wanted to ask for the sake of it , know they are from different segments. You have been quite active on this thread, any plans for the new Fiesta.
I haven't driven the Vento much. So, would talk about the Polo instead. I personally prefer handling of the Swift to the Polo, and its mainly due to the steering. Polo' unit doesn't weigh up to my liking. The Fiesta is in a different league altogether. The steering is quicker in the Ford and one can feel the rear change direction when you turn the wheel ever so slightly. Same with the drivers seat, the one in the Swift is way better than the Polo and nothing comes close to those seats in the Titanium.

The Swift needs to be driven a bit aggressively to enjoy it, but the Fiesta is fun even at low speeds. Where Swift loses out to both Polo and Fiesta is high speed cruising. The car feels light and at 170 mm, its just sitting too tall. And I like the seating position on the Fiesta and Polo compared to the Swift. The driver is sitting too tall even at the lowest setting in the Swift. And I love the brakes on the Fiesta, the one in the Swift doesn't give much feel though its effective.

At higher speeds, ride is better on the Polo when compared to the Swift as the latter rolls a bit in corners. But I prefer to sit in the Swift when the speeds are lower. Fiesta rides very well no matter the terrain, no matter the speed. Fiesta is a car that you can have fun even when your family is with you. Planning to get a Fiesta, but I need to find a nice home for the Swift first.
deetjohn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st December 2014, 15:21   #500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fiesta is a car that you can have fun even when your family is with you. Planning to get a Fiesta, but I need to find a nice home for the Swift first.
Thanks for the reply, just wanted to clear some doubts and you have cleared them really well. Agree with all your observations regarding these cars. Finding a new home for Swift would not be tough, after all its a Maruti . All the best for your Fiesta and awaiting your new car ownership thread.
Old 1st December 2014, 15:31   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Since you own a Swift ...
OK, now your turn.

Since you own both a Fiesta and the Ecosport, could you please briefly compare the two? I would like to know how they compare with respect to

- Steering
- Ride
- Handling
- Agility
- High speed manners

Thanks in advance.
Old 1st December 2014, 15:42   #502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
- Steering
- Ride
- Handling
- Agility
- High speed manners
It is a no brainer buddy , Ecosport lags behind significantly in every department you have listed. The steering has been messed up by Ford for our "aam janta", the steering is still sharp compared to Vento but it is lighter than i wished for and weighs inconsistently. Fiesta's EPS is one brilliantly tuned steering unit.

The 200 MM ground clearance and short wheelbase in Ecosport does not help handling either, it stands good against cars like Duster but does not inspire confidence over sudden lane changes or cornering. I only drive our Ecosport within city as i love sedans from beginning and dont like cars with high seating position or high ground clearance. Handling of Fiesta is miles ahead of Ecosport.
The ride in Ecosport is hard and thrashy, if you have ever sat in a Swift before, the ride is similar whereas Fiesta just glides over every thing, there is so much suppleness to ride.

Agility and high speed manners are again Fiesta's forte as it is a sedan, in Ecosport one does feel quite a bit of body roll due to the ground clearance, even braking is better in Fiesta.

Where Ecosport scores is back seat space, it is a successful product and would have good resale value. It is a good family car with a high clearance, if you want to be behind the steering and have fun, you can only have it with the Fiesta
coolboy007 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st December 2014, 15:50   #503
BHPian

Quote:
It is a no brainer buddy , Ecosport lags behind significantly in every department you have listed. ...
I wish the "thanks" button could be clicked more than once.

Could somebody do the same comparison between the new Fiesta and the Fiesta classic? Of late I had been spotting some sweet used deals on the Fiesta S. Would make a great second car.

Last edited by civic-sense : 1st December 2014 at 15:51.
Old 1st December 2014, 16:07   #504
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Where EcoSport scores is back seat space
That's interesting - do you mean that the EcoSport has better rear seat space than the 2014 Fiesta, despite the Fiesta being a higher segment?
Old 1st December 2014, 17:43   #505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
That's interesting - do you mean that the EcoSport has better rear seat space than the 2014 Fiesta, despite the Fiesta being a higher segment?
Yes, the Ecosport has a much better rear seat compared to Fiesta. I have no clue about under thigh support etc as i am always in the front seat but the rear legroom in Fiesta is lesser than Ecosport. It is similar to Linea with the huge front seats eating up a lot of rear legroom.
coolboy007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st December 2014, 19:23   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Fiesta rides very well no matter the terrain, no matter the speed. Fiesta is a car that you can have fun even when your family is with you. Planning to get a Fiesta, but I need to find a nice home for the Swift first.
Quote:
It is a no brainer buddy , Ecosport lags behind significantly in every department you have listed.
Here is a weird query now. I have booked a Zest XMA at Mathura, U.P. for my parents, it's USP being the AMT.
Now, as the number of comments grow in this thread, I get more and more confuse. Fiesta is a fantastic car, I know that without ever driving one. But some factors have stopped me even from taking a TD of this beauty. I am listing them here and would ask you people to comment and advise.

I have weighed my priorities in numbers on a scale of 10:

I. Zest XMA > Fiesta Trend
1. INR 2 Lakh (Big advantage, 7/10)
2. It is an automatic (Biggest advantage, 9/10)
3. No Ford showroom in Mathura, nearest, Agra is >100 km away from where my parents live (They live some 50 KMs from Mathura where nearest Tata showroom is there) - 5/10
4. Alloys (Not a priority at all, 3/10)
5. 4 Yrs extended warranty, Gold AMC package and road side assistance. - 8/10
6. Supposedly lesser maintenance in long term, being a Tata. - 3/10
7. Compact dimensions - 5/10
8. The ground clearance, only 165 on paper but you have to look at it to believe how tall it sits. As in U.P., there is no concept of roads, this holds high priority but as Fiesta doesn't seem to scrape much as fellow BHPians have said here, I have to control this emotion - 6/10
9. HK ICE - 3/10

II. Fiesta trend > Zest XMA
1. 2-airbags, the XMA doesn't come with even one! - 10/10
2. It's "The Fiesta" - 2/10 (would have rated more if they lived in a better place. Its really better look low profile where they live)
3. Better ride - 5/10 (Zest's ride is good enough)
4. Better handling, steering - 7/10 (would have been more if this car was for me)
5. Supposedly Better braking (unsure about this) - 2/10 (Zest also comes equipped with ABS and EBD, in the official review thread of the Zest, theyseem to be impressed with the brakes.
6. Bigger boot - 2/10 (Parents don't need a huge boot. Even a hatchback would do for them)
7. Best front seats - 5/10 as I found Zest's seats to be comfy too.
8. Roomier cabin in front - 5/10.

Rear space doesn't matter, rear seats don't matter, both the engines are good enough for their usage. Ford's stalks are European style, which will be little off for my father who currently drives a Baleno, but after one day of driving, it would be fine, so didn't include it in the list.

Hence, Zest XMA > Fiesta Trend == 49 points.
Fiesta Trend > Zest XMA == 33 points

I understand that these two cars are from two different category altogether but as they are the most likable and I can, I am comparing. Please friends, please advise, feel free to edit my ratings of one car over the other (these numbers are actually ratings, weighed by my parents' priorities).

Thanks for being with me through the long post and for your kind responses as well.
Old 2nd December 2014, 01:59   #507
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quakerme View Post
....As i am unhappy with the PDI he is ready to give an offer of 30K for the vehicle on price quoted 10.90L on road. should I go ahead with the purchase or wait till next year...also the sticker which shows the VIN number pasted on the rear door looks like this (attached pic)
Skip this please. NOT worth.

1. Why would a August manufatured car be available even after 4 months? That too for a car which has huge waiting period or no discounts and limited production?

2. Would a brand new car's VIN sticker peel off like the one in the pic?

3. 30K discount even without negotiations on this car? You know what it is!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 2nd December 2014 at 02:08.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2014, 02:38   #508
BHPian

HI quakerme!

Even I would recommend that you skip this like what everyone says. Too many points going against it:-

1. An august 2014 manufactured piece of an in- demand car model that too which has limited waiting production- Something doesnt sound right

2. 30k without asking for it- they are trying to sugarcoatnit

3. Driven 250 kms over highways during the running-in period- we know how the 'showroom-walas' drive.

Pls steer clear. Note the vin number of this car and reject it flat out.
stormy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2014, 07:54   #509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
I understand that these two cars are from two different category altogether but as they are the most likable and I can, I am comparing. Please friends, please advise, feel free to edit my ratings of one car over the other (these numbers are actually ratings, weighed by my parents' priorities).
From your priorities list, the Zest scores over the Fiesta and I too feel the Tata is best suited for your parent' needs. I drove the Zest AMT last week and it is very easy to drive around.

The AMT is coupled with MJD very well, the shifts are smooth and the visibility is excellent. The Tata also got good NVH, very spacious interiors, stable and supple ride and is also a nice place to be in. Besides, the doors open very wide and the ingress/egress is also better as the car sits a bit tall. Your parents will be able to walk into the car.

What I don't like is that fact that there is no option for airbags. The Zest is no fun to throw around corners compared to a Fiesta and the steering is numb, but that's expected. Happy shopping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
1. Why would a August manufatured car be available even after 4 months? That too for a car which has huge waiting period or no discounts and limited production?
I am also wondering the same. Both demo cars from Kairali and Malayalam are white Fiestas and they both got the custom vinyls. I know this because I have driven them both. So, its not like they need to use another white car for TD. But things aren't adding up here though.

Buy only if you can land a very good deal and after a thorough PDI.
Old 2nd December 2014, 08:32   #510
BHPian

Quote:
I am also wondering the same. Both demo cars from Kairali and Malayalam are white Fiestas and they both got the custom vinyls. I know this because I have driven them both. So, its not like they need to use another white car for TD. But things aren't adding up here though.

Buy only if you can land a very good deal and after a thorough PDI.
True that! they have registered demo cars and no other cars will be given to the customers except the official demo cars(thats what they say). But 250kms in odo is not adding up to the story and the state of the vin sticker looks like there is more mystery around this car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks