Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2015, 21:42   #616
BHPian

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakshman1067 View Post
I feel so guilty these days and having sleepless nights for not buying the Ford Fiesta 2014 Titanium and going for Skoda rapid 1.5 TDI BP. Not that I dont love my Rapid, It is just I am not able to forget the experience I had with the Fiesta.

Am I cheating on my Rapid ?
Rapid too is a nice & competent product. On performance, TDI definitely scores over Fiesta's Duratorq. So just enjoy your car. Seems from your post that it has no apparent shortcoming in any case.
Old 17th March 2015, 23:40   #617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakshman1067 View Post
I feel so guilty these days and having sleepless nights for not buying the Ford Fiesta 2014 Titanium and going for Skoda rapid 1.5 TDI BP. Not that I dont love my Rapid, It is just I am not able to forget the experience I had with the Fiesta
, i can relate to your experience buddy. When i was buying the Fiesta, it costed me 10.6 on road Delhi. At that moment, Skoda were clearing stocks of 1.6 TDi and offered 9.4 on road for top elegance model, was very tempted but already had a Vento at home and wanted to try Fiesta this time as i was smitten by its drive.

After having owned a Vento for 3 years, you will never get bored of the car, thanks to its brilliant engine and top quality interiors. The only issue is that the drive feels disconnected in VW twins, for a family Rapid is a better buy but for a driver enthusiast, Fiesta will win hands down.

Enjoy the drive, it is a very good product and Skoda does have a premium image over Ford, it is a brownie point.
Old 18th March 2015, 06:53   #618
Senior - BHPian

Completed the first service yesterday. Opted for oil + filter change which cost me 1700 rupees. Ford uses semi synthetic and they don't stock synthetic at all. I can take a bit more liberty with the tachometer now.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2015, 15:41   #619
BHPian

I have booked the Titanium variant Golden Bronze colour on 14th March at Chennai Ford. Expected delivery date is 23rd March. Loan process is completed and have paid the remaining amount already. Registration will most likely happen on Monday, 23rd March. Have gone for 2 years extended warranty.

I would like to know if I should change the Goodyear NCT5 stock tyres. I am looking for efficient braking, grip and reduced road noise. Can I upgrade the stock from 195 to 205? Please advice.
k149in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2015, 17:30   #620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k149in View Post
I have booked the Titanium variant Golden Bronze colour on 14th March at Chennai Ford. Expected delivery date is 23rd March. Loan process is completed and have paid the remaining amount already. Registration will most likely happen on Monday, 23rd March. Have gone for 2 years extended warranty.

I would like to know if I should change the Goodyear NCT5 stock tyres. I am looking for efficient braking, grip and reduced road noise. Can I upgrade the stock from 195 to 205? Please advice.
Congratulations! May I ask what the OTR price was that you got? Any discounts currently running?
Old 18th March 2015, 17:37   #621
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on your car, Golden bronze is a lovely color and you are the first one on team bhp to get it, request you to post a lot of pics once you get your car.

Changing the tyres is not a compulsion but you can if you want to have more comfort and low road noise. Stock NCT5 have pretty good grip and braking but are low on comfort and does have significant road noise. Would suggest you to stick with 195/60 R15 as 205/55 will definitely add more grip but your clearance will be down by 4mm and ride will turn more stiff. Also the 90 bhp engine is just sufficient for this car and 205 will require a remap soon, it will cause a big drop in power. Have plans of remap later, just go in 205/55 as they will bring the best out of this car, very limited options available in this size.

In 195/60 you have a lot of options like Michelin 3ST, Pirelli, Bridgestones. You can go in for these but do not opt for comfort tyres like XM2 as they will totally ruin the dynamics of Fiesta because of their soft sidewalls. Choose wisely and congrats once again.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2015, 18:23   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
May I ask what the OTR price was that you got? Any discounts currently running?
Discount of Rs.15,000 is all I could get. There is another story to narrate. I stepped in to MPL Ford, Teynampet and a lady approached me.

Lady: Yes sir..
Me: Looking to buy Fiesta
Lady: Is it the Classic
Me: No, all new Fiesta.
Lady: Petrol or Diesel?
Me: All new Fiesta comes only in diesel
Lady: Oh, it will take two months to deliver (without me even asking any thing about when they can deliver)
Me: Any discounts?
Lady: Nil, no discounts can be given.
Me: Thank you.

It just took 90 odd seconds while I was there in MPL Ford. I could immediately sense very bad customer service and they wanted to frighten me by saying that it will take two months to deliver whereas in Chennai Ford, car was readily available. I didnt see any interest in that place to sell a car. Later the service advisor in Chennai Ford told me that MPL was shutting their Ford dealership in few months and I experienced it myself. My advice to anyone who wants to buy the Fiesta, please avoid MPL Ford. They will make you lose interest.
k149in is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th March 2015, 17:47   #623
BHPian

From my customer service experience in MPL(Pallikarani) & Chennai Ford(Arumbakkam),I would say that the SA's in both the outlet doesnt care much to know about the Product new "FIESTA" which also supported in the downfall of this beautiful machine. Almost in all the Outlets,the SA's will convince you to go for ECOSPORT instead of FIESTA but it happened to me in reverse where the SA in MPL suggested me to go for the FIESTA and not to the ECOSPORT!

Below are the reason given by SA @MPL:
1) High GC
2) EcoSport’s taller stance suffers with strong crosswinds.
3) Comfortable for only 4 and less boot space
4) SYNC system has a lot of flaws

And also surprised to know that, they arent aware of the bucket seats which is available only in the Titanium Model and not in the Trend!!
Old 21st March 2015, 23:54   #624
BHPian

I went to Elite Ford today and took a TD of this beauty. I must admit the steering is just brilliant, it points the car where I point it, not an inch here or there. The car foea NOT feel big at all while driving, which is a good thing, I have been driving a petrol Swift 1.2 for last 3 years and I was quite satisfied with the way it makes driving in city conditions easier. Being lighter in weight, Swift is an OK handler, and fastest in its segment. It does 90 kph in 2nd gear itself!! I happily report that the Fiesta did not diaappoint me at all. That fabulous steering, the amazingly balanced chassis with that good a suspension, its just perfect, and the engine is also excellent, there is absolutely no turbo lag. It pulls so effortlessly. I am sure that I will get it remapped if I get the Fiesta, not because its slow per se, but because this chassis can handle so much more power and it does beg for more.
itsashishsharma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2015, 11:31   #625
BHPian

Got a minor heart attack this morning when i found out that my dear wife had put my jeans in the washing machine with the key fob in the pocket.

I was thinking about the cost for the new fob while searching for the jeans and opening it. Had asked my wife to get her hair drier just in case.

To my surprise the key fob is waterproof. Not a single drop of water had entered inside the battery and circuit compartment.

I live by the beach in Alibag and have come across numerous cases when the people have gone in the water with car keys in the pocket and got stuck because the remote does not work.

Hats off to ford. Must be the only car to come with a waterproof key fob.
architkarpe is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2015, 12:56   #626
VKS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
I went to Elite Ford today and took a TD of this beauty. I must admit the steering is just brilliant, it points the car where I point it, not an inch here or there. The car foea NOT feel big at all while driving, which is a good thing.
I have been using this car for the last 4000 kms and trust me this car wont disappoint you. The only drawback is the space in case you need loads of it.You missed mentioning the bucket seats ! Good luck !
Old 22nd March 2015, 19:31   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKS View Post
I have been using this car for the last 4000 kms and trust me this car wont disappoint you. The only drawback is the space in case you need loads of it.You missed mentioning the bucket seats ! Good luck !
I will be alone in the car for 85% of the time. 10% 1 passenger and only 5% of the time I would have somebody in the rear bench. So space is not at all a concern. The boot is enormous and will never fall short for my needs.
I didn't write about the bucket seats as I had set pretty high expectations from them, as per our review, and I had thought that as I wish to go for the Trend variant, I would buy and install the bucket seats of Titanium separately. But during the test drive, being 6'1", I wasn't convinced with the idea of over extended lumbar support, I was a tight fit in that seat frankly. Though, I think it will get easier and better if I could spend more time in that seat.
Went to Fiat Cafe, Domlur and took a TD of the Linea T-jet today. Surely T-jet is faster, being more powerful petrol with similar torque, but my 10 size sandals kept fouling with the dead pedal while using clutch. Clutch was heavy and so was steering. Though the Linea is in it's class of it's own, after just having driven the Fiesta, I couldn't like that steering of Linea. It is good, don't take me wrong, perhaps second best in the class, but still, Ford is the best as far as handling is concerned. Rest of the cars in this segment don't even come close. Vento/Rapid may have got more powerful engine, the suspension is third best, after Fiesta and Linea which are both equally good as far as ride quality is concerned, and that light steering of Vento is not as per my likening. Ciaz, City, Verna are not even in my TD list.
My wife was very quick on noticing how good the ride quality of the Linea was. After my old pal, the Palio, she has never been happy with the way my Swift handled potholes. She argued that Linea's suspension was better than the Fiesta, and she may be right, but Linea just doesn't feel that good to drive. Fiesta on the other hand, was flawless. Spot on ergonomics, better, shorter travel clutch, slicker gearbox, excellent steering are the areas where Fiesta beats the Linea hands down. The T-jet is 112 bhp, if I had bought it, I would get it remapped to some 140 odd bhps. That is just too good for a C segment saloon and it would become a beast, also Linea (top-end) will come with alloys and leather seats and a few extra small bits like Bluetooth etc for the same money that a Fiesta Trend comes for, Linea even has a scheme of 5.5% interest on loan and 5 years of warranty, all these are highly lucrative topics, but I am sold to the Fiesta now.
I may need to travel for 2 months, which means my plans will be postponed till June perhaps and the Ka compact sedan is to be launched in that time. Any idea if the Ka would be worth it? I mean I just need more space for driver's seat, rest of the big car is of no use, so why not the Ka CS then? If anybody here has any info on the same, please enlighten.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2015, 22:15   #628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
Got a minor heart attack this morning when i found out that my dear wife had put my jeans in the washing machine with the key fob in the pocket.

I was thinking about the cost for the new fob while searching for the jeans and opening it. Had asked my wife to get her hair drier just in case.

To my surprise the key fob is waterproof. Not a single drop of water had entered inside the battery and circuit compartment.
Happened to me too when my Fiesta was new around 7.5 years ago. Luckily, I discovered the issue a few mintues after she'd put the trousers in the bucket for rinsing, and not before it went for washing.

Nothing happened, and it still works on the original battery. I saved around 7000 bucks in the process (that was the figure the SA had given me for a replacement).
Old 22nd March 2015, 23:23   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
I went to Elite Ford today and took a TD of this beauty..
I must say Elite Ford is one of the few places where they are keen to sell you the New Fiesta.. I had similar experience as an other poster in other dealerships where they asked if I wanted the Classic and in Petrol or Diesel!!
Old 23rd March 2015, 05:38   #630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I didnt see any interest in that place to sell a car.... My advice to anyone who wants to buy the Fiesta, please avoid MPL Ford. They will make you lose interest.
This was my experience too at Malayalam Ford, Kochi. Someone told me that this is owned by MPL Ford and now I understood.

Most Viewed