Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2015, 08:58   #631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
I must say Elite Ford is one of the few places where they are keen to sell you the New Fiesta.. I had similar experience as an other poster in other dealerships where they asked if I wanted the Classic and in Petrol or Diesel!!
At Elite also, I said I want a TD of the new Fiesta, and the SA asked whether Petrol or Diesel. I was like, but the new Fiesta comes only in diesel!! Same ditto experience with Lathangi too when I called them. Either they don't want to sell the new Fiesta or they prefer to sell the Classic or they just don't get customers enquiring about the new Fiesta, so they have a habit to talk about the Classic only.
Old 23rd March 2015, 12:44   #632
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
I may need to travel for 2 months, which means my plans will be postponed till June perhaps and the Ka compact sedan is to be launched in that time. Any idea if the Ka would be worth it? I mean I just need more space for driver's seat, rest of the big car is of no use, so why not the Ka CS then? If anybody here has any info on the same, please enlighten.
The Ka (Figo) twins will get a slightly de-tuned 1.5 TDCi. Reports state 75BHP and about 195Nm. This can be gained back if the difference is just software related. But we don't know whether there will be difference to the hardware as well. Like a missing inter cooler, smaller turbo etc. which will make it tough to regain the lost performance.

And that's just on the engine side. Then, there is the steering, the kit, the toys, the ride and handling etc as BIG unknowns. You get where I am going with this right?

Its just too early to comment really. Will have to wait for the cars to launch to get the complete picture.
Old 23rd March 2015, 14:45   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
The Ka (Figo) twins will get a slightly de-tuned 1.5 TDCi. Reports state 75BHP and about 195Nm. This can be gained back if the difference is just software related. But we don't know whether there will be difference to the hardware as well. Like a missing inter cooler, smaller turbo etc. which will make it tough to regain the lost performance.

And that's just on the engine side. Then, there is the steering, the kit, the toys, the ride and handling etc as BIG unknowns. You get where I am going with this right?

Its just too early to comment really. Will have to wait for the cars to launch to get the complete picture.
Thanks for the prompt response. Yes, I am getting what you mean here. Even Ecosport doesn't come even close to match the handling of the Fiesta, the Ka twins, being from a class a notch lower, I agree that the driving dynamics could also be not that great as the Fiesta, though the CS would be VFM, because of lower tax rates. So, other than just space, engine power and driving dynamics are also at stake, which is a big thing IMO. Anyhow, I have to wait for sometime before booking as I won't be in India for 2 months, before returning itself, I am planning to make a booking and till then, we would hopefully have more information on the Ka twins. For the CS, launch date is around June acc to Carwale. Will be seeking more info on this.
Old 23rd March 2015, 15:15   #634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Thanks for the prompt response. Yes, I am getting what you mean here. Even Ecosport doesn't come even close to match the handling of the Fiesta, the Ka twins, being from a class a notch lower, I agree that the driving dynamics could also be not that great as the Fiesta, though the CS would be VFM, because of lower tax rates. So, other than just space, engine power and driving dynamics are also at stake, which is a big thing IMO. Anyhow, I have to wait for sometime before booking as I won't be in India for 2 months, before returning itself, I am planning to make a booking and till then, we would hopefully have more information on the Ka twins. For the CS, launch date is around June acc to Carwale. Will be seeking more info on this.
I don't think the detuned engine (if it is) will affect the driving dynamics of the CS by that much considering that it'll be significantly lighter than the Fiesta. I'm sure it'll have the same handling dynamics of the Figo, if not better it. Since you have time on your side, take a look at the Ka twins and then decide. They will not be in the same ballpark as the Fiesta for sure and the EPS unit will not be as calibrated as in the Fiesta to cater to the masses. But at that price point, they will be real enthusiast VFM propositions and I do believe the CS will go on to become the segment leader for sure!
Old 23rd March 2015, 17:34   #635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
I don't think the detuned engine (if it is) will affect the driving dynamics of the CS by that much considering that it'll be significantly lighter than the Fiesta. I'm sure it'll have the same handling dynamics of the Figo, if not better it. Since you have time on your side, take a look at the Ka twins and then decide. They will not be in the same ballpark as the Fiesta for sure and the EPS unit will not be as calibrated as in the Fiesta to cater to the masses. But at that price point, they will be real enthusiast VFM propositions and I do believe the CS will go on to become the segment leader for sure!
I didn't say detuned engine would affect driving dynamics. I said that being from a lower class, engine power and driving dynamics as two separate entities are at stake here.
I can almost surely say that to beat the DZire is not easy, so being a segment leader, not probable.
Old 24th March 2015, 14:49   #636
BHPian

Brought the car home yesterday evening. Drove around 40 km so far and car is extremely good. Thoroughly enjoyed driving the car and felt very happy that I made the right choice from many options such as Vento, City, Ciaz, Verna and Linea. Will post more pictures in few days. There was one more Fiesta delivered to another customer yesterday in Chennai Ford which is the grey colour one.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-20150324.jpg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-20150323_173328.jpg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-20150323_173338.jpg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-20150324_094205.jpg  

k149in is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 24th March 2015, 15:56   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k149in View Post
Brought the car home yesterday evening. Thoroughly enjoyed driving the car and felt very happy that I made the right choice from many options such as Vento, City, Ciaz, Verna and Linea.
Let me be the first to congratulate here on your new ride!
I'm certain no pertolhead will regret on deciding Fiesta over the other available options. Wishing you a safe and happy miles ahead.

Why there isn't a number plate on your vehicle while the other Smoke colored Fiesta delivered along with your's is having one?
Had you planned for any accessories and if yes what are they.

Cheers!
Old 24th March 2015, 18:00   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Brought the car home yesterday evening. Drove around 40 km so far and car is extremely good. Thoroughly enjoyed driving the car and felt very happy that I made the right choice from many options such as Vento, City, Ciaz, Verna and Linea. Will post more pictures in few days. There was one more Fiesta delivered to another customer yesterday in Chennai Ford which is the grey colour one.
Congratulations!! Gloden Bronze is Stunning! Can you please let me know the waiting period? Also is there any difference in waiting period for Gloden Bronze and other colors?
Old 24th March 2015, 18:32   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Stunning choice of color mate! She looks gorgeous! My heartiest congratulations to you. Do start an ownership thread and keep us updated with a lot of pictures as there are not a lot many in this color.
Old 24th March 2015, 18:33   #640
Senior - BHPian

@k149in---the car looks droolworthy. Ford has really improved the front looks of the car, and also made the rear less quirky.

Wish you many happy miles on it.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2015, 19:36   #641
Senior - BHPian

Congrats K149in! Drive safe and share a detailed ownership view of the car, the brown looks stunning even more in person.
Old 24th March 2015, 21:53   #642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
Let me be the first to congratulate here on your new ride!
Why there isn't a number plate on your vehicle while the other Smoke colored Fiesta delivered along with your's is having one?
Had you planned for any accessories and if yes what are they.

Cheers!
Thank you!! Car went for registration just yesterday and got the number today. No accessories have been planned other than mats, but planning to go for remap or DieselTronic after 10000km.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post
Congratulations!! Gloden Bronze is Stunning! Can you please let me know the waiting period? Also is there any difference in waiting period for Gloden Bronze and other colors?
Thanks Johnnny!! Golden bronze was readily available and hence no waiting period. When I asked for Paprika Red, I was told a waiting period of 25 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
Stunning choice of color mate! She looks gorgeous! My heartiest congratulations to you. Do start an ownership thread and keep us updated with a lot of pictures as there are not a lot many in this color.
Honestly, every time I see your red beauty(have got one picture of yours in my mobile ), I ask myself if I should have infact gone for Paprika Red. Red is intoxicating. Truly!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Congrats K149in! Drive safe and share a detailed ownership view of the car, the brown looks stunning even more in person.
Sir, its your thread that pulled me like a giant magnet to Fiesta from Vento DSG. Many thanks for putting such a awesome thread. Being in Chennai, I wish to meet you one day and see the Aston Velaichamy in real.
Old 24th March 2015, 22:05   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats k149in, and enjoy driving your fiesta. Have not yet seen a golden bronze but looks fabulous in photographs.

My very personal opinion is that dark colors (mine is a black), since they enhance the shape of this car, work wonderfully for the aggressive front. Wish rear too would have had some of that sharpness.
rsm97 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2015, 22:08   #644
BHPian

Quote:
Brought the car home yesterday evening.
===There was one more Fiesta delivered to another customer yesterday in Chennai Ford which is the grey colour one.

Hey, Congrats on the new fiesta. Can you comment what tilted your choice between Fiesta and Linea ?
Old 25th March 2015, 04:41   #645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Brought the car home yesterday evening. Drove around 40 km so far and car is
Congrats on your Fiesta buddy. Golden bronze looks really stunning, sets it apart from other boring shades. Have fun around the twisties and drive safe. Looking forward to more pictures of your beauty.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed