Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2015, 21:51   #751
BHPian

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Thanks Sheel.

I had got the numbers of the concerned from Ashish. Spoke to the guys at Elite Ford last Saturday. They were supposed to bring the car on last Monday. But no one turned up. It's another thing that I myself was out of town from Wednesday onwards and couldn't follow up. But I don't feel like calling once again. Hope you understand.

Further, I am also thinking about the fact that Ashish mentioned regarding the new engine that's expected.
Old 31st July 2015, 12:12   #752
BHPian

Call me a million INR fool and that would suit me - I am a day close to ordering a Titanium in Black (Through my company car lease plan)

The showroom guys are fed up with my persistence on buying a fiesta and not any other ford car(yes I am a ford fan boy)

Hope i will soon join the list of other brave hearts who have invested heavily in driving pleasure

Cheers
Self Driven is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 19:58   #753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self Driven View Post
Call me a million INR fool and that would suit me - I am a day close to ordering a Titanium in Black (Through my company car lease plan)

The showroom guys are fed up with my persistence on buying a fiesta and not any other ford car(yes I am a ford fan boy)

Hope i will soon join the list of other brave hearts who have invested heavily in driving pleasure

Cheers
Wow. Fiesta in black, that will be one great looking car. Please do post as many pictures once you get the car delivered.
k149in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 23:22   #754
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats and believe me once i say this, the moment you take your Fiesta out on a highway drive, this fool feeling will be thrown out of your head, this thing corners on rails, sticks like glue on expressways and you get stunning ride quality as well. The Fiesta in black will look stunning and i request you to post tons of pictures.

The only negative is resale value & rear seat space. Ford's support is top notch too.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2015, 00:26   #755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raneeth View Post
Thanks Sheel.

I had got the numbers of the concerned from Ashish. Spoke to the guys at Elite Ford last Saturday. They were supposed to bring the car on last Monday. But no one turned up. It's another thing that I myself was out of town from Wednesday onwards and couldn't follow up. But I don't feel like calling once again. Hope you understand.

Further, I am also thinking about the fact that Ashish mentioned regarding the new engine that's expected.
We should meet someday buddy.
I had owned a Palio which I not only loved but worshipped, really. Swift came when the Palio was gone. Swift made much more sense, was much more agile, faster, much better inside city and more than adequate on highways. I loved my Swift, but never worshipped it. It didn't lack anything. I liked to drive it over a friend's Honda City and another friend's diesel Vento somehow. But it was no Palio.
Then came the time when I had to say goodbye to the Swift and came home the new Fiesta. It's my first diesel. It doesn't feel slow in city like my Palio did and you don't feel like you are driving a car of it's size. This is a feeling one can underatand only if one drives one in medium traffic. The highway manners are best in class, in fact I found them too close to my friend's 3 series in US. I will go on and say that Fiesta is poor's BMW. This electronic steering is terrific man. I liked it over Linea's and old Fiesta's hydraulic units somehow. Reminds me of my father's Baleno's steering which is not this great but good being an EPS. This way, the Fiesta combines all the pluses of both of these cars and gets no minuses, trust me on this.
Be it the 0 turbo lag nature of the 1.5 TDCi, the best in class chassis or this lovely steering, it is easily the best driver's car even in 2 segments above.
It makes sense for Ford to plonk the 100ps tuned engine in the Fiesta and it is likely to happen but when, nobody knows. And then, Fiesta didn't make good money for the company, so it is possible that Ford just doesn't do anything with the Fiesta for some time now and just focus on two upcoming launches, the CS and the hatch Figo and on the Ecosport too, that continues to milk money for them.

Quote:

Cheers
Congrats buddy.
You know what, my close friend is buying a City. I was at Honda showroom yesterday. Checked the car out in person and at 13.50L OTR in Blr, the VX (O) MT petrol is about 1L costlier than my car, and is a petrol, it comes with punny 175mm tires, pathetic looking alloys. The build quality is horrid. The centre, bottom area of front bumper, where you can see the radiator through feels so flimsy to touch that it would break if I kick it. The dashboard plastic, the thin metal on doors, everything felt flimsy and cheap. Another friend's Tata Zest feels better built than this City.
So if you ask me, you are the clever one, buying a car that is cheaper than a flimsy, poorly built City. Stupid are the ones who give away their hard earned money on the name that City earned from 1998 till 2013.
Once again, congrats. Take it out for a highway trip ASAP and you will know why you bought it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Congrats and believe me once i say this, the moment you take your Fiesta out on a highway drive, this fool feeling will be thrown out of your head, this thing corners on rails, sticks like glue on expressways and you get stunning ride quality as well. The Fiesta in black will look stunning and i request you to post tons of pictures.

The only negative is resale value & rear seat space. Ford's support is top notch too.
I am taking my 3 weeks old baby to Coorg tomorrow. Its a 250+ km trip one side and I know I am going to love each moment driving this beauty.
Resale doesn't really matter. I am investing 1L lesser on my car than a City Petrol owner. In 6 years, this amount doubles uo to 2L. Add the savings I would be doing as its a diesel and the difference becomes 3L easily. Being a diesel, it would fetch much better resale than the 1.5 petrol that used to come in Fiesta earlier or a T-jet Linea. The resale amount could be some 1L lower than the City I am comparing to and I end up saving 2L here. Couple this with the driving pleasure and superior build quality and its a win win for me.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 4th August 2015 at 16:26. Reason: Removing unwanted spacing.
itsashishsharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 14:42   #756
BHPian

Thanks k149in, coolboy007 and itsashishsharma. I will surely post the pictures once the car is delivered

Being Ford classic owner with a tuned ECU I live by the build and steering dynamics of the Ford Car daily. But still appreciate the positives you have quoted as owners of this gem of car.

Now i am facing the worst and best part of car owning experience, Selling the classic and buying the Fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
It makes sense for Ford to plonk the 100ps tuned engine in the Fiesta and it is likely to happen but when, nobody knows. And then, Fiesta didn't make good money for the company, so it is possible that Ford just doesn't do anything with the Fiesta
Your point is valid that Ford may ignore the Fiesta, but knowing the fact that these are both same engines and being made in India. The extra ps should be from ECU validations and WHY cant they offer to the existing 1.5 TDCi owners as free upgrade

PS: I may also be an existing owner within 15 days

Last edited by Eddy : 3rd August 2015 at 15:01. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!
Old 4th August 2015, 09:31   #757
BHPian

I've always been a biker at heart and never understood car dynamics. Heck, the Getz I had, although a gem of a car, took me further away from the terms 'handling' and 'dynamics'.

I love my vehicles so much that it is border line OCD for my friends and family. The reason for buying the Fiesta over the host of other offerings was I wanted something that'd give me driving pleasure. Mind you, I'd only read about its ride and handling before actually buying the car. And boy, was I in a shock to realize how much better it is than what people had written about it! The lack of space, the low resale value etc etc are just irrelevant! Take her out on the highway, show her a set of corners and you'll start wondering why people invest so much of their hard earned money in something else, something that is mediocre. Of course, we've to understand not everyone is a driving enthusiast. But if you are one, Fiesta it is for you. Period.

My Ford is an absolute gem.

Earlier, I used to get mighty excited before a car launch and would dream to be it my next car. Now I hardly get off my chair in awe. Yes, the designs are better, the features are exhaustive, the cabin looks more expensive blah blah, but I for sure know that they all lack one thing -

Soul.

The Fiesta has made me content in life.

PS: An update of my car is long pending. I shall pen it very soon. For now, here's a teaser of the update.

Getting lost in the mountains was the perfect plan for the both of us.
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-105.jpg
Porschefire is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 10:14   #758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
The dashboard plastic, the thin metal on doors, everything felt flimsy and cheap. Another friend's Tata Zest feels better built than this City.

So if you ask me, you are the clever one, buying a car that is cheaper than a flimsy, poorly built City. Stupid are the ones who give away their hard earned money on the name that City earned from 1998 till 2013.
@itsashishsharma, I agree with you on the quality aspects on the City. It is definitely below the segment benchmarks and does not justify the hefty price tag. Even some cars like i20, Zest, Grand i10 - a segment or two or three below it have better quality interiors and overall fit and finish.

However, with all due respect and at the risk of going I think calling someone who chose City over Fiesta "Stupid" is totally uncalled for. Like how Fiesta was the car that suited your requirement, City would have suited someone else's. Someone would simply have wanted a petrol engine owing to low running or just out of the love for a free revving petrol or a auto-box option for being put up in a city like Bangalore - Fiesta gives neither and City gives both. Will he be a stupid person to choose City over Fiesta?? Not everyone goes by reputation. Most of us make informed decisions. Even in this well informed forum, I am sure we have more City owners than Fiesta owners - I don't think they are stupid. Do you?

As a responsible forum, we should respect each other's decisions and should not demean them like this. Hope you agree. I do not intend to take this forward as an argument. Thanks for your understanding. Peace!!!

P.S. I do not own a City or intend to own one any time soon. I loved the new Fiesta, but sadly the lack of space meant, it was not the car for me.
Vigkey is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 16:17   #759
BHPian

One more positive point for buying fiesta is that I can easily identify a team bhpian since most of them could be fellow bhpians and need no bumper sticker.

I got a INR 10,000 discount on a car that is bought rather than being sold. Any inputs from the elite group on the pampering done on the already loaded fiesta?

From what I hear about Fiesta's production plan, the existing owners can easily be the Fiesta(free) Masons group
Self Driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 19:53   #760
BHPian

Could it be that they have stopped dealer shipments because they plan to upgrade the engine to the 100PS one? (hope springs eternal ) Does anyone know a little birdie who can confirm this?
Old 6th August 2015, 12:27   #761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
Could it be that they have stopped dealer shipments because they plan to upgrade the engine to the 100PS one? (hope springs eternal ) Does anyone know a little birdie who can confirm this?
Just spoke to my connections being an eager customer (and ex Ford myself) to get the Fiesta in next 2 weeks. The 100 ps engine is not going to make in to the Fiestas. Ford may not pursue Fiesta more seriuosly than what it does now
Old 6th August 2015, 14:48   #762

Well, Ford has managed to sell only 14 units of the Fiesta last month!

Whether this is just the usual poor performance or slowing down of production to make room for the Aspire, am not sure. But no matter what the market has to say, as an owner of this fantastic machine, I only feel sad for customers who are looking elsewhere and not knowing what they are missing.

My car completed 2000 Kms recently. Just love that stylish dashboard.

As for upgrades, I hope Ford would at least offer the top end Fiesta with six airbags like the Aspire. It's weird that a car from a segment below is safer than its more premium sibling.

Also, the Fiesta in Deep Impact Blue color would be swell
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-_20150806_144716.jpg  

Wolfconsole is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 00:04   #763
BHPian

Today I had called up Elite Ford in Marathalli Bangalore for a test drive of 2014 Fiesta (Aston Martin Facia) was shocked with the attitude of the salesperson.

Was informed that Fiesta had stopped production and they have only the titanium version for sale which is a Feb 2015.

Trend and Ambient models are discontinued. My budget can only afford a trend so disappointed.
Old 7th August 2015, 09:59   #764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arindam_Nayek View Post
Today I had called up Elite Ford in Marathalli Bangalore for a test drive of 2014 Fiesta (Aston Martin Facia) was shocked with the attitude of the salesperson.

Was informed that Fiesta had stopped production and they have only the titanium version for sale which is a Feb 2015.

Trend and Ambient models are discontinued. My budget can only afford a trend so disappointed.
Unfortunately he is right and no stock is given to dealers unless they have a order and book it in turn with Ford.

I have asked my sources on the other variants, will update once I receive a reply.

Buyers are ready to take the car and the company is not ready to sell, it happens only with Ford :(

Sorry brother. Update is you won't get it in the near future

Last edited by Self Driven : 7th August 2015 at 10:16.
Old 7th August 2015, 10:08   #765
BANNED

Do anyone have a clue whether the Fiesta will be reintroduced with an Automatic version? I'm planning to buy a new car after 15 years and I'm in love with Fiesta's handling. Sad part is wife can't drive a manual . Or else will have to compromise and settle for Aspire automatic.

Most Viewed