Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2015, 19:46   #856

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
Getting it today - I am feeling so excited (Getting back the car after 3 weeks!)

I am hoping they've done a good job with it. The bill came to 1.04L (you read it right).
That figure . Hope you have fun with your can and be safe.

My car too got into a minor accident on Delhi - Gurgaon E-way. A Swift being driven by a drunk kid hit my car on left rear leaving the door dented and scratched. My car, in turn hit an Indigo which damaged my right rear.

I got the car to Gurgaon Ford service and got an estimate of close to 30K. I have Zero depreciation thankfully which is going to take care of expenses.

The emotional hurt is much more than physical. I will have to leave the car for a week in the workshop. Hope to get it back as good as new.
Old 5th October 2015, 00:05   #857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVSC View Post
That figure . Hope you have fun with your can and be safe.

My car too got into a minor accident on Delhi - Gurgaon E-way. A Swift being driven by a drunk kid hit my car on left rear leaving the door dented and scratched. My car, in turn hit an Indigo which damaged my right rear.

I got the car to Gurgaon Ford service and got an estimate of close to 30K. I have Zero depreciation thankfully which is going to take care of expenses.

The emotional hurt is much more than physical. I will have to leave the car for a week in the workshop. Hope to get it back as good as new.
The car is pretty good now, and after 2K kms after the delivery, it is still as solid as it was when it was new. Zero rattles, superb ride and handling (drove it for almost 720 kms today )

You are lucky if you get your car in a week! I had to wait for 3 weeks, and thank God I had a Zero dep too. I just paid about 5K. At least this time, it was no fault of mine. I was waiting in a signal, when an Amaze lost control and rear ended me, making my hit the Maruti in front (despite hand brake!)

Hope you get back your car soon, and continue to have fun with it! Ford seems to have some good personnel. You'll get back your car as good as new!
Old 5th October 2015, 17:34   #858
BHPian

I updated my sync today... followed the procedure pluged in the usb with only the downloded file. Selected install. After 20 min i got the msg on display that installation is complete. During installation i was told not to use any sync functions and the system will be rebooted to complete the installation. However when i turned on the system the radio was playing and the installation continued. I dont notice any specific changes to the sync system other than version 5.8 i am not getting any prompts for using voice commands. Please guide me if i have to change any settings or the right way to do it. Thankyou
Old 7th October 2015, 10:35   #859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
I dont notice any specific changes to the sync system other than version 5.8 i am not getting any prompts for using voice commands. Please guide me if i have to change any settings or the right way to do it. Thankyou
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-whats-update.jpg

If you notice in the above update release document, They haven't mentioned about drastic changes in the update. I hear the SYNC saying please use voice control and not manually adjust if you change the USB on the move. Other than that its only minor adjustments is what i believe

Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 08:18   #860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVSC View Post
I hope you get your car back all well and good ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
The car is pretty good now, and after 2K kms after the delivery, it is still as solid as it was when it was new. Zero rattles, superb ride and handling (drove it for almost 720 kms today
Hey buddy, so glad to know this.
My car was delivered in July and is driven around 2500 km. 1st service already done.
Within first month, I was driving from Mysore to Bangalore at around 80kmph during night in low visibility. I couldn't see a big speedbreaker that hit the car really bad. Immidiately after this, I notice sounds: plastic squeaks coming from dashboard - the center console gloss black area and the plastic panel just above the meter console, doors feel loose now and there is a sound from right extreme behind as if something is broken or loose. At good speeds, on an unfulation in road, something vibrates back there. I spotted two push buttons on either sides of the seat back. I could push the one on the left. When I push it in, it pops back up but the right one is stuck, I could push it forcibly but it didn't come back up on its own.
Are these buttons supposed to release the seatback? If so, why do you think one of them is not working properly? I want to see what is there behind the seats, to figure out where is that sound coming from. Please help. I can't bear these sounds in my Fiesta. I had reported these in first service but they didn't fix any.
Old 10th October 2015, 09:53   #861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
At go I spotted two push buttons on either sides of the seat back. I could push the one on the left. When I push it in, it pops back up but the right one is stuck, I could push it forcibly but it didn't come back up on its own.
Are these buttons supposed to release the seatback? If so, why do you think one of them is not working properly?
Hi,
Yeah those buttons release the seat back. Did you double check whether the rear seat belt is getting in the way of the seat? This usually prevents seat from fully locking and prevents the button to come up. You can push down both buttons and pull the seat foward and then push it back in. Usually you need to apply a little force to get the rear seat to lock.

Thanks
Chuckster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2015, 10:23   #862
BHPian

Hi all,

From the time I updated the SYNC to version 5.8 my Shuffle option in the USB mode is not working. I remember it being functional before the update.

Anybody noticed it this way?

Quote:
I could push the one on the left. When I push it in, it pops back up but the right one is stuck, I could push it forcibly but it didn't come back up on its own.
Are these buttons supposed to release the seatback? If so, why do you think one of them is not working properly? I want to see what is there behind the seats, to figure out where is that sound coming from. Please help. I can't bear these sounds in my Fiesta.
I also heard the squeaking noise from behind due to the seat not locking into position.

+1 to chuckster's reply. press both the buttons and fold the seat forward, make sure all the seat belts and locks are out of the way. Check the buttons when the seat is not locked. Take help of another person and slam the seat back to position at the same time from both sides(with the other person's help), the button should pop back correctly

Last edited by Self Driven : 10th October 2015 at 10:37.
Old 11th October 2015, 11:39   #863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
Hi,
Yeah those buttons release the seat back. Did you double check whether the rear seat belt is getting in the way of the seat?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Self Driven View Post
Take help of another person and slam the seat back to position at the same time from both sides(with the other person's help), the button should pop back correctly
Thanks guys. I rechecked and pushed seat belts to either sides, while one of the button is working fine and releases the seatback, the other one (right side) has malfunctioned. Need to take the car to ASS. I don't hear squeaks but rattles from behind the rear seatback, from right side, as if something is loosened/broken.
Old 11th October 2015, 12:47   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys. I rechecked and pushed seat belts to either sides, while one of the button is working fine and releases the seatback, the other one (right side) has malfunctioned. Need to take the car to ASS. I don't hear squeaks but rattles from behind the rear seatback, from right side, as if something is loosened/broken.

This seems to be a common problem with the new Fiesta. I had gone for the pre delivery inspection of my friends fiesta and came across this problem in the brand new car. However, the AfSS corrected it promptly by following the method mentioned in the previous post and blamed the plastic cover for jamming in between the push button. Hope Ford looks into the matter.
Old 12th October 2015, 00:40   #865
BHPian

Do you guys feel that the Fiesta brakes are a bit spongy and inconsistent?. Just came back from 750+ Km trip and I have a bad feeling about brakes.

There was one moment when the vehicle in front me stopped abruptly, I applied brakes, shed enough speed when I was just about to stop, the car is still moving forward, I stomped again in panic this time car stops.

This is not the first time I am facing this issue. Earlier I ignored thinking that the pads and rotor need some time to bed in.

Searched online and found this, http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/35863-fiesta-brake-problem-spongy-and-low-pedal/ . my case is exactly similar.

Last edited by linuxmanju : 12th October 2015 at 00:42.
linuxmanju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 04:34   #866
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxmanju View Post
Do you guys feel that the Fiesta brakes are a bit spongy and inconsistent?. Just came back from 750+ Km trip and I have a bad feeling about brakes.
Brakes in the Fiesta are top notch and give no reasons to complaint at all. Wait for 300-400 kms more and let the brake pads bed in properly, the brake pads in Fiesta are very soft and these soft pads do give the brake pedal a soft feel. Have experienced this on our recently acquired 320D as well and it also has a soft brake pedal + it sheds a lot of brake dust like Fiesta.

If you still feel the pedal is too soft, get the brakes bled before getting into part replacements. I own both Ecosport/Fiesta and brake modulation on both cars is different. Ecosport has a very grabby bite with sharp inputs but i love the modulation Fiesta's brake pedal provides, just perfect when entering a corner.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 07:55   #867
BHPian

Quote:
I too have the same feeling. It is spongy. Have driven the car 8000 km so far, but thankfully, I never had a situation where I had to slam the brakes urgently. However, coming to the problem, I have learnt to push the brakes little further more than what I feel must be adequate to shed speed.

Before Fiesta, my 2008 Swift VXi was running on Brembo and bite will be instantaneous. Now, in the Fiesta, like I said, I do push little more. But then the best part is car handles the situation perfectly when braking and does not throw drama and panic like I used to face in the Swift

By the way, what speed were you at before you started braking?
k149in is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 13:26   #868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Brakes in the Fiesta are top notch and give no reasons to complaint at all. Wait for 300-400 kms more and let the brake pads bed in properly,
The car has already done 2400kms. I am not sure, it will improve any further.

Quote:
the brake pads in Fiesta are very soft and these soft pads do give the brake pedal a soft feel. Have experienced this on our recently acquired 320D as well and it also has a soft brake pedal + it sheds a lot of brake dust like Fiesta.
Hmm, soft pads give alot of bite. when I say spongy, its tactile feedback which I am referring to. The brake pedal input vs output does not match. As said before, its more like this. I press the brake pedal it sheds speed considerably then at some point it stops working. Literally like 0 braking and the car is moving at the same speed without brakes on it. I release in panic and stomp again, this time I get the bite and it slows down. Please correct me if I am wrong on the soft pad part.

Quote:
If you still feel the pedal is too soft, get the brakes bled before getting into part replacements. I own both Ecosport/Fiesta and brake modulation on both cars is different. Ecosport has a very grabby bite with sharp inputs but i love the modulation Fiesta's brake pedal provides, just perfect when entering a corner.
Looking at the symptoms, it looks like an air lock or worst case master cylinder leak. But my major worry is to convince the SAs, it can not be reproducible easily and every time. I don't think, in India service centers currently have brake testing equipment to verify the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k149in View Post
I too have the same feeling. It is spongy. Have driven the car 8000 km so far, but thankfully, I never had a situation where I had to slam the brakes urgently. However, coming to the problem, I have learnt to push the equate to shed
Mine has done 2.4 ks. It was not an abrupt braking. The car infront ( swift ) of me slows down, I engage brakes, we both are shedding speed. Now the car infront of me stops, my car is still moving, I press a bit hard nothing happens. I press even more nothing or 0 bite. I release and press again this time it stops just inches from the other car.

Quote:
Before Fiesta, my 2008 Swift VXi was running on Brembo and bite will be instantaneous. Now, in the Fiesta, like I said, I do push little more. But then the best part is car handles the situation perfectly when braking and does not throw drama and panic like I used to face in the Swift

By the way, what speed were you at before you started braking?
Earlier, I had a Figo and punto. I loved punto brakes. Figo was not bad either.

When we started braking, I was doing approx around 130+ kmph, the car infront of me was slow but had a very good distance between both of us and should have been an easy stop under normal circumstances.

Last edited by linuxmanju : 12th October 2015 at 13:28.
linuxmanju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 09:00   #869
BHPian

Quote:
The car has already done 2400kms. I am not sure, it will improve any further.

Hmm, soft pads give alot of bite. when I say spongy, its tactile feedback which I am referring to. The brake pedal input vs output does not match. As said before, its more like this. I press the brake pedal it sheds speed considerably then at some point it stops working. Literally like 0 braking and the car is moving at the same speed without brakes on it. I release in panic and stomp again, this time I get the bite and it slows down. Please correct me if I am wrong on the soft pad part.

Looking at the symptoms, it looks like an air lock or worst case master cylinder leak. But my major worry is to convince the SAs, it can not be reproducible easily and every time. I don't think, in India service centers currently have brake testing equipment to verify the case.

Mine has done 2.4 ks. It was not an abrupt braking. The car infront ( swift ) of me slows down, I engage brakes, we both are shedding speed. Now the car infront of me stops, my car is still moving, I press a bit hard nothing happens. I press even more nothing or 0 bite. I release and press again this time it stops just inches from the other car.

Earlier, I had a Figo and punto. I loved punto brakes. Figo was not bad either.

When we started braking, I was doing approx around 130+ kmph, the car infront of me was slow but had a very good distance between both of us and should have been an easy stop under normal circumstances.
An update, after using the car for 4 days and 250+ kms post first service.

Ford SAs fixed the brakes by bleeding and sponginess is reduced drastically. The brakes are fine now and I have not faced inconsistency post first service . Now the bite seems to be better and car stops where I intend to. Kudos to collboy007 for his accurate interpretation of the issue.
linuxmanju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 22:55   #870
BHPian

Can we upgrade the ecu to give 100ps power like the new ford ecosport or ford aspire

Most Viewed