Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2015, 00:03   #871
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
Can we upgrade the ecu to give 100ps power like the new ford ecosport or ford aspire
Absolutely yes. A remap would do the job for you. Extracting 10 bhp ( at crank ) should not be an issue AFAIK.

But, given its a 8 valve engine with a FGT, I would not be very comfortable to have it bumped up more than 15 odd Bhps.
Old 29th October 2015, 18:52   #872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
Can we upgrade the ecu to give 100ps power like the new ford ecosport or ford aspire
Why do we need that extra 10 horses?Two days back I could manage good speeds on NH 347 (chhindwara to seoni) without much fuss.The car was eager for more without any drama inside the cabin.

Mod Note: Please avoid quoting high speeds. Not worth it; both in deed, as well as in mentions

Last edited by ampere : 29th October 2015 at 20:29. Reason: Removed high speed mentions
Old 30th October 2015, 12:20   #873
BHPian

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self Driven View Post
Hi all,

From the time I updated the SYNC to version 5.8 my Shuffle option in the USB mode is not working. I remember it being functional before the update.

Anybody noticed it this way?
Hi Self Driven,

Fyi, I can confirm that the shuffle option for USB is working fine for me even after the update. Might be worth it to try a re-install.

Thanks.
Chuckster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2015, 13:03   #874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash24979 View Post
Why do we need that extra 10 horses?Two days back I could manage good speeds on NH 347 (chhindwara to seoni) without much fuss.The car was eager for more without any drama inside the cabin.
Even I did twice the legal highway speed +20kmph (please do the math ) during my recent trip and I have uploaded the video in my YouTube channel.

The point is not whether it can do those speeds or not but how fast it can attain that. Performance of fiesta I will term it this way,

1) Low end is OK and quite drivable (up to 30/40 kmph)
2) mid range is punchy (40-110)

In fact, I agree with you on one thing. I don't think any car under 15 lakh feels the same at those speeds. The chassis is so tight that being in those speeds feels like a cake walk.

Mod Note: Post edited.Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.

Last edited by Aditya : 31st October 2015 at 07:46. Reason: Spacing
Old 30th October 2015, 14:02   #875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxmanju View Post

In fact, I agree with you on one thing. I don't think any car under 15lakh feels the same at those speeds. The chassis is so tight that being in those speeds feels like a cake walk.
By any chance did you get to compare those high speed stability with that of Duster's? Duster seems to be one other such car with such great dynamics.
Old 30th October 2015, 14:36   #876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
By any chance did you get to compare those high speed stability with that of Duster's? Duster seems to be one other such car with such great dynamics.
Though Duster is good (I would say middle of the line), its nowhere near the fiesta when it comes to dynamics. The fiesta's steering(for an EPS), handling and agility is something that puts it in a different league.
Old 31st October 2015, 01:33   #877
BHPian

Quote:
Duster vs Fiesta won't be a fair comparison as one is a SUV and other is a sedan.

Having said that, never had a chance to take a Duster on a highway. My assumption may be biased, but going by the reviews Duster is right up there amongst the best in terms of stability when you compare with other SUVs.
Old 31st October 2015, 06:35   #878
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is a Duster AWD in the family. So, let me try that too.

High speed stability - The Fiesta fares better here. The suspension is stiffer and the sedan sits much lower to the ground with a low center of gravity. Also, the Fiesta got much better insulation. Not much noise filters through into the cabin which helps a lot on the highways to mask the speeds.
Ride - The Duster owns the ride. Especially the AWD with its independent rear suspension. The small undulations on the road which are felt inside the Fiesta is completely flattened in the Duster. The ride is not harsh in the Fiesta but one will feel a bit of the road due to the inherent stiffness of the suspension. The Duster is one of the best in this regard.
Handling - The Duster is great for a UV. But the Fiesta is clearly more fun and faster around the bends. The steering on the Ford is faster and more precise. Its really not fair to compare the two in handling.
deetjohn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2015, 14:41   #879
BHPian

Is there anyone who has upgraded to 17' alloys. I want to but not able to find any availability online,please help.Some kind of ECU reprogramming required but Ford Asc says they cann't help.Any suggestions!
Old 7th November 2015, 08:47   #880
BHPian

Quote:

I don't think Duster is another car with great driving dynamics. As long as we are considering high speed stability, agility, steering feedback, only BMW 3 series comes to my mind as cheapest great driving dynamics car after Fiesta.
Duster has better ride though and it is quite stable at high speeds but in driving dynamics, it's no way near the Fiesta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash24979 View Post
Is there anyone who has upgraded to 17' alloys. I want to but not able to find any availability online,please help.Some kind of ECU reprogramming required but Ford Asc says they cann't help.Any suggestions!
The Fiesta has a stiff susoension setup, with 15", the ride on our pathetic roads is already unplush. Polo's ride feels much plush to say the least. Why would you want to screw ride quality any further?
ECU programming needed for putting bigger alloys? What does that mean?
Old 7th November 2015, 10:10   #881
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
I don't think Duster is another car with great driving dynamics. As long as we are considering high speed stability, agility, steering feedback, only BMW 3 series comes to my mind as cheapest great driving dynamics car after Fiesta.
Duster has better ride though and it is quite stable at high speeds but in driving dynamics, it's no way near the Fiesta.

The Fiesta has a stiff susoension setup, with 15", the ride on our pathetic roads is already unplush. Polo's ride feels much plush to say the least. Why would you want to screw ride quality any further?
ECU programming needed for putting bigger alloys? What does that mean?
Dont compare Polo's suspension with Fiesta's please. Polo's rear is loose and doesnt inspire any confidence and is bouncy. The Fiesta suspension though stiff evens out at high speed and inspires oodles of confidence.

16" on Fiesta is no problem at all, but I feel 17" may make the ride a little stiff and you would have to be a little careful on speed breakers. Having said that no reprogramming of ECU or anything is required.
aseem is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 21:37   #882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Dont compare Polo's suspension with Fiesta's please. Polo's rear is loose and doesnt inspire any confidence and is bouncy. The Fiesta suspension though stiff evens out at high speed and inspires oodles of confidence.
Dude, I know how Polo and Fiesta's suspension fair and I didn't compare the amount of confidence I get when I drive the two. I just said that even Polo's suspension absorbs more and feels more plush in our poor road conditions. Of course Fiesta has no match in highway driving dynamics, that is the reason I secured myself a copy before Ford pulled the plug.
itsashishsharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2015, 12:09   #883
BHPian

Hi,

There is a white fiesta on display at Harry Ford, Trivandrum. The vin confirms that its a 2015 April make. The sales rep Sagar, mentionsthat they are offering an 80k discount and that the car only has 30km on the odo. Posting this in case anyone is interested.

Thanks.
Old 14th December 2015, 14:09   #884
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
There is a white fiesta on display at Harry Ford, Trivandrum. The vin confirms that its a 2015 April make. The sales rep Sagar, mentionsthat they are offering an 80k discount and that the car only has 30km on the odo. Posting this in case anyone is interested.

Thanks.
Just 30 kms? Did the car never go for a TD at all? Or was the odo disconnected always? I smell something fishy. And 80K discount is pea nuts for a TD car.
Old 14th December 2015, 14:26   #885
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Or was the odo disconnected always? I smell something fishy. And 80K discount is pea nuts for a TD car.
Display car does not necessarily mean that it is a test drive car. It very well could be a display car which used to sit inside the showroom for demo purposes.

The discount is peanuts though but the negotiations can be done to a great extent for this car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks