Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2015, 14:37   #886
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

No, the ECM settings have to be changed to reflect the new tire size.

The EPS of the Fiesta has pre-listed configurations in the EPDC module. The incorrect tire settings will up set the steering feel, DTE calculation and more importantly the power delivery which directly affects the FE. I learned it the hard way after I had issues with fuel efficiency and I finally figured it was the incorrect settings in the steering module after I got the 16" wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Having said that no reprogramming of ECU or anything is required.
Old 14th December 2015, 14:38   #887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Display car does not necessarily mean that it is a test drive car.
Yep, its sits on the first floor of the showroom and is strictly a display car. The sales guy said that they don't give test drives for the fiesta any more. But to be honest I don't know what's worse - a car sitting idle for a few months or one that goes for regular test drives

Thanks.
Chuckster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2015, 14:48   #888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
Hi,

There is a white fiesta on display at Harry Ford, Trivandrum. The vin confirms that its a 2015 April make. The sales rep Sagar, mentionsthat they are offering an 80k discount and that the car only has 30km on the odo. Posting this in case anyone is interested.

Thanks.
My 2 cents; buy it, fresh off the production lines ones are not available anymore. If they are giving you 80K, bargain for a extended 4 year warranty and some accessories and end the matter before some other Ford fan comes and picks it up and you are left standing.

Just because it is a display car does not make it of less value. If it was a test drive car then thats a different matter all together. A display car inside a showroom is better than a car sitting in yard for 4 to 6 months enduring the vagaries of the weather.

Therefore, if you are really interested in the car and cannot accept lesser driving dynamics than offered by this car, just go ahead take it.

Last edited by PratikPatel : 14th December 2015 at 14:50. Reason: grammer
Old 14th December 2015, 20:16   #889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post

The EPS of the Fiesta has pre-listed configurations in the EPDC module. The incorrect tire settings will up set the steering feel, DTE calculation and more importantly the power delivery which directly affects the FE. I learned it the hard way after I had issues with fuel efficiency and I finally figured it was the incorrect settings in the steering module after I got the 16" wheels!
Mine is trend version with upgraded OEM 15' alloys and getting around 14.5 km/ltr. Is there a chance of incorrect steering module settings.
Old 15th December 2015, 11:39   #890
Senior - BHPian

If you are sticking to the OE spec tires and wheels, you don't have to worry about it. In my case, I upgraded from 195/60 R15 to 195/55 R16 and there is significant difference in the circumference of the wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash24979 View Post
Mine is trend version with upgraded OEM 15' alloys and getting around 14.5 km/ltr. Is there a chance of incorrect steering module settings.
Old 15th December 2015, 12:09   #891
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
If you are sticking to the OE spec tires and wheels, you don't have to worry about it. In my case, I upgraded from 195/60 R15 to 195/55 R16 and there is significant difference in the circumference of the wheel.
I am somehow very confused. 195/60 15 to 195/55 16 is as close it can get for an upgrade. Take a look at the screen grab from carbibles' tyre page below:

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-capture1.jpg

The difference in circumference is really minute. One can attain this difference in circumference even with a variation of air pressure or normal wear (negative delta). Are you sure the car is sensitive to such minor changes?
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 21:52   #892
BHPian

Somewhat OT. A chance visit to website of Ford India brought out that the list of their offerings has been revamped. Both Classic and Old Figo have been taken off the list, but Fiesta interestingly still stays there. Link below.

http://www.india.ford.com/all

A mail to customer care seeking clarification remained unanswered.

Anyone got any idea why Ford has decided to keep the car comatose instead of allowing it to die,

Last edited by rsm97 : 17th December 2015 at 21:55.
rsm97 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2015, 09:34   #893
BHPian

Anyone having problems with the folding of rear seats in fiesta? I tried and I think it's jammed. Now a tak tak sound comes from the rear seats while driving on bumpy roads.
Old 19th December 2015, 10:33   #894
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebzgeo89 View Post
Now a tak tak sound comes from the rear seats while driving on bumpy roads.
For that Tak Tak sound, I'll suggest you to first fold the seats and then to the metal 'U' clamp that is located to which the seats are locked, just put Insulation tape and then refold the seats straight up.

Drive over the same potholes and the Tak Tak sound will disappear.

I had this same issue for my Swift and now with this tape addition it is silent.

Last edited by a4anurag : 19th December 2015 at 10:34.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2015, 21:29   #895
BHPian

Quote:
Anyone having problems with the folding of rear seats in fiesta? I tried and I think it's jammed. Now a tak tak sound comes from the rear seats while driving on bumpy roads.
Same for me man. The left lock works fine but the right one is definitely having some issue. You would need to press the unlock push button with astronomical pressure, and at the same time push the seatback a little towards back and it should work fine. I got it checked and the mechanic at my Ford workshop suggested the same. He also got it lubed so that it is a little easier to operate now, only a little. You should also get it checked at your workshop. About the sound, Anurag has suggested the best. Workshop should take care of this as well.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2015, 08:03   #896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Same for me man. The left lock works fine but the right one is definitely having some issue. You would need to press the unlock push button with astronomical pressure, and at the same time push the seatback a little towards back and it should work fine. I got it checked and the mechanic at my Ford workshop suggested the same. He also got it lubed so that it is a little easier to operate now, only a little. You should also get it checked at your workshop. About the sound, Anurag has suggested the best. Workshop should take care of this as well.
I tried, couldn't really muster the astronomical pressure you talked about. Not really a bother for me right now, will show it to the mechanic during my 3rd service.
Old 20th December 2015, 20:28   #897
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Same for me man. The left lock works fine but the right one is definitely having some issue.
Tried today and the only little force i had to use was to press the button on the seat and the seat folded right away. Tried it once again and it was smooth, used the folding mechanism for the first time and did not face any issues.

Nifty little useful feature, my Vento does not have folding feature and it would have been impossible to carry the cargo today.
Old 21st December 2015, 13:30   #898
BHPian

Thought I introduced myself here. Apparently my introductory post didn't get posted for some reason. I own a 2014 Ford Fiesta, Paprika Red, 15000 on the odo. No issues to write about except for the rear seat folding mechanism.
Sebzgeo89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2015, 13:46   #899
BHPian

Quote:
Thought I introduced myself here. Apparently my introductory post didn't get posted for some reason. I own a 2014 Ford Fiesta, Paprika Red, 15000 on the odo. No issues to write about except for the rear seat folding mechanism.
For a moment I thought my handle changed to Sebzgeo89!!!

I think yours is the only known existence of a paprika red 2014 Fiesta other than mine. Hope you having a good time with it. Do post an update or a review if possible with loads of pictures!

Regarding the rear seat folding mechanism, I remember folding the seats to remove the covering plastic when I bought the car. I do not recall facing any problem whatsoever.
Old 21st December 2015, 13:58   #900
Distinguished - BHPian

Off-topic:
Quote:
...Apparently my introductory post didn't get posted for some reason...
The first 25 posts of a newbie goes thru a moderation process to ensure the rules are adhered to, and hence a small delay in approving those posts.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 21st December 2015 at 14:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks