Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2016, 18:05   #946
BHPian

I was recommended the yokohoma ES 100 tyre by a dealer. I liked the pattern as well as he said it will offer a better grip. My running is mostly highway and pothole ridden roads in my town. Please advise
Old 7th April 2016, 16:55   #947
BHPian

20K service done. Cost 4500 INR. Alignment and balancing done outside for 700 INR. Overall happy with the service and costs. Lately I've been noticing reduced acceleration and mileage. As suspected the air filter was clogged! Got it replaced and things are back to normal!
Sebzgeo89 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 21:48   #948
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebzgeo89 View Post
20K service done. Cost 4500 INR. Alignment and balancing done outside for 700 INR. Overall happy with the service and costs. Lately I've been noticing reduced acceleration and mileage. As suspected the air filter was clogged! Got it replaced and things are back to normal!
And the laymen still say Ford is expensive to maintain.
Very nice. This is 50% lesser than my Swift's regular 20K service!

How often do you clean your air filter? I suggest you do it every 3K kms if your replacement interval is 10K kms

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 7th April 2016 at 21:50.
Old 7th April 2016, 22:07   #949
BHPian

I totally ignored the air filter for almost 10K kms and I have learned my lesson. The difference in driveability and acceleration post service made me realise the importance of cleaning the air filter atleast every 5K kms.
Old 8th April 2016, 07:04   #950
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
I was recommended the yokohoma ES 100 tyre by a dealer. I liked the pattern as well as he said it will offer a better grip. My running is mostly highway and pothole ridden roads in my town. Please advise
Continental CMC MC5 is a good tyre for the Fiesta. A good mix of performance and comfort. Check it out if you haven't bought one already.

Quote:
I totally ignored the air filter for almost 10K kms and I have learned my lesson.
Yes, checking the air filter is very important in our very dusty conditions. Especially for the Fiesta as its got only half the valves. I do it once every 5000 KM at least. The filter is not as easily accessible as a Swift for a DIY though.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2016, 17:32   #951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
And the laymen still say Ford is expensive to maintain.
Very nice. This is 50% lesser than my Swift's regular 20K service!
I am at the service center now and saw this neat board put up which shows the service price's of all ford vehicles at different intervals upto a lakh kilometers. Sharing it here.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-20160409_145802.jpg  

Chuckster is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 20:15   #952
BHPian

Guys I just picked up a 2014 fiesta that had done only 6600 kms in the Philippines. People have been really scaring me about the DCT. Is it really that bad? How long does it last Before I have to replace the clutch or the transmission control modulet?
Old 5th May 2016, 08:14   #953
BHPian

I just got my 2015 Fiesta remapped by T-O-T.
I notice a delay in throttle response from day one when the A pedal is depressed. I want it to disappear. Anyone here who got their car remapped, could you pkease let me know if the delay is still there or gone?
Old 5th May 2016, 08:28   #954
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTROD View Post
Guys I just picked up a 2014 fiesta that had done only 6600 kms in the Philippines. People have been really scaring me about the DCT. Is it really that bad? How long does it last Before I have to replace the clutch or the transmission control modulet?
Congrats on the car! Like any dual clutch, it should be okay if you take care of it. It is not bullet proof like a torque converter unit. For all its worth, DCT is better than DSG on reliability front, but that's not saying much is it?

If a warranty extension is possible, you should definitely go and get that. Ford India used to give a warranty of 10 years on the DCT over here a few years back.

This thread will give you more details on the transmission. Ford DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
I notice a delay in throttle response from day one when the A pedal is depressed. I want it to disappear. Anyone here who got their car remapped, could you pkease let me know if the delay is still there or gone?
Is the delay post remap? Not clear from your mail. If yes, the best person to fix it will be the tuner themselves. Getting a map of your preference is a trail and error method anyways.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 09:42   #955
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Throttle response can be made sharper by making changes in driver's wish map. Extra torque can be requested at particular pedal position. It can be easily done via remap. But don't expect huge difference.
Cheers!
Old 5th May 2016, 09:58   #956
BHPian

I know there aren't many DCT's plying in India and they do not have a great reputation for reliability atleast a few years back but are there any documented DCT failures on team bhp?
Old 9th June 2016, 06:48   #957
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I know there aren't many DCT's plying in India and they do not have a great reputation for reliability atleast a few years back but are there any documented DCT failures on team bhp?
I found a long term report on a Fiesta with DCT from the US. And its really long term.

The DCT is not exactly maintenance free, but it did some serious miles before the clutch packs were replaced.
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-capture3.jpg

Someone who drove a 2011 Ford Fiesta for 12 lakh KM. Yes, you read it right.
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-capture.jpg

The owner was a long-haul truck driver turned medical courier guy who used the Fiesta just like a truck.
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-capture2.jpg

Some Excerpts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://blog.caranddriver.com
Mike, once a long-haul truck driver, is now a medical courier who drives 16 hours each day, five days a week. Many people say they like to drive, but few have this level of love (or even tolerance) for the activity. From June 2012 to June 2013, Mike drove the Fiesta another 196,000 miles. From June 2013 to June 2014, he topped that at 198,000 miles, driving six days a week for much of the period. Then he scaled back to five days per week, and drove merely 153,000 miles from June 2014 to June 2015. Last September, the odometer on his little Ford rolled over 740,000 miles.

The weather isn’t always favorable. Back in June 2013 while driving through a “very nasty storm,” Mike was “blindsided by what appeared to be a small tornado.” The mini-twister shoved the Fiesta 40 feet off the road and “blew out both my driver-side windows so hard that glass was embedded into the inside of the passenger door.” Some glass was also embedded into his face. He drove the car back to the road and then 55 miles to a hospital to get the glass removed. Someone else had to complete the deliveries that night, but the next day Mike was back on the road in a Focus rented until the Fiesta could be repaired.

Mike seems to have handled the miles pretty well. What about the car? He reports that the engine has never been cracked open yet uses only about a quart of oil every 8000 miles. The dual-clutch automatic transmission (DCT) hasn’t been nearly as maintenance-free. Its clutch packs were replaced twice, at 347,000 and 545,000 miles. (Actually, the second time, it proved much quicker and no more expensive to go ahead and replace the entire transmission with a nearly new, $600 unit.) Other repairs included the main computer, fuel pump (it was making noises, Mike didn’t wait for it to fail), throttle-body motor, starter, alternator, coolant-recovery tank, radiator cooling fan, HVAC blower motor, body-control module, and the A/C compressor (“it was getting a little noisy”).

As for maintenance, Mike lists the following as the annual toll:
  • 6000 gallons of gasoline
  • 26 oil changes and tire rotations
  • 2 sets of tires
  • 1 set of struts and shocks
  • Timing belt and water pump

Sadly, we’ll probably never learn if a Ford Fiesta can hit 1,000,000 miles. Mike semi-retired his car a couple of months before he made the final payment. His wife now drives it a mere 100 miles per week.
Read more over here. Now we know its not just Toyota which can do really long haulin'.
deetjohn is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 10:38   #958
BHPian

Wow, that is truly an eye opener about Ford's longevity. Figo DCT should be quite reliable going by this.
Old 9th June 2016, 11:23   #959
BHPian

Wow! That is something! Seems to me the DCT should do just fine in the long run!
Old 9th June 2016, 12:04   #960
BHPian

I currently drive a Fiat Linea Diesel. I've happily clocked 51k kms without any major service issues. Its been 3.5 years of ownership.

A few days back I found an ad for a worshipped 2013 Ford Fiesta (Pre facelift)
clocked 50k kms. Seller is looking for 5.5L, however the best offer he has is 4.8L

I'm in a dilemma, whether to negotiate further and buy this car or let it go.
Since the localization level in the Fiesta was 70%, my concern is that the cost of spares will be really high.
Also the Fiesta was discontinued in 2015, hence a concern of parts availability in future.

Also having faced issues with the servicing of Fiat Cars, I don't want to fall into another pit ( heard about Ford service being equally bad)

Can you guys help me here if the car is worth owing ?
I live in Ghaziabad with my office in Jasola Delhi ( listing it incase people want to mention anything pertaining to service / service centre)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks