Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2016, 13:03   #961
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIAT3031 View Post
I currently drive a Fiat Linea Diesel. I've happily clocked 51k kms without any major service issues. Its been 3.5 years of ownership.

A few days back I found an ad for a worshipped 2013 Ford Fiesta (Pre facelift)
clocked 50k kms. Seller is looking for 5.5L, however the best offer he has is 4.8L

I'm in a dilemma, whether to negotiate further and buy this car or let it go.
Since the localization level in the Fiesta was 70%, my concern is that the cost of spares will be really high.
Also the Fiesta was discontinued in 2015, hence a concern of parts availability in future.

Also having faced issues with the servicing of Fiat Cars, I don't want to fall into another pit ( heard about Ford service being equally bad)

Can you guys help me here if the car is worth owing ?
I live in Ghaziabad with my office in Jasola Delhi ( listing it incase people want to mention anything pertaining to service / service centre)
Sure you can buy the Fiesta. I own the pre-facelift Fiesta and till date i have driven 116,000 kms without any issues at all.

The Fiesta is a car that is very well put together. Nothing much is required than routine service. Parts shortage is felt only when you have an unfortunate incident of an accident.

What is the variant of the 2013 Fiesta? Titanium? What colour?
Old 9th June 2016, 13:18   #962
BHPian

I don't understand why you need to sell off your Linea which is running just fine and is a capable drivers car. Unless you always dreamed of owning a Fiesta it makes no sense in going for the Fiesta now. I've driven the Linea and I can tell you I prefer the Fiesta over Linea for the driving experience, but in regards to back seat comfort and ride quality I'd prefer Linea!
Sebzgeo89 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 14:35   #963
BHPian

I noticed something weird the other day. I usually re-fill the tyres by looking at the recommended pressure sticker inside the door cavity(attached pic). In this case it mentions 30 front - 30 rear for 1-3 passengers and 36 front - 41 rear for 4-5 passengers. This seems to be standard fare for ford and it is somewhat similar to the old figo recommended pressures, from what I remember.

But on closer inspection I noticed that the size mentioned here is that of the spare wheel(175/65 R14) and not the main wheels size (195/60 R15). Why would ford do that? Maybe somewhere in the world the fiesta or maybe at least the entry level models of fiesta are coming shod with 175/65 R14 wheels.

Well the owners manual(page 136) has the required recommended pressure for both main wheels(pic attached) and the spare wheel. There is again an additional split-up based on speed (in addition to the 2 normal split-ups based on front/rear and the load).

1-3 passengers 30(F) 26 (R)

4-5 passengers 34(F) 37 (R)

4-5 passengers
and >160 km/h 37(F) 37(R)

The variation in pressure is quite considerable: for the front wheel it is ranging from 4-7 psi and that of the rear wheel is 11 psi. I am currently trying running it on 30-26 since I don't have more than 3 people in the car often. The FE is not affected much and the rear feels more planted now. Haven't had any under body scrapings as well going over bad roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebzgeo89 View Post
I don't understand why you need to sell off your Linea which is running just fine and is a capable drivers car. Unless you always dreamed of owning a Fiesta it makes no sense in going for the Fiesta now. I've driven the Linea and I can tell you I prefer the Fiesta over Linea for the driving experience, but in regards to back seat comfort and ride quality I'd prefer Linea!
Completely agree with Sebzgeo89. Your value addition will be very little moving from a linea to a pre-owned fiesta. Linea is a pretty capable vehicle in itself
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-manual-tyre-pressure.jpg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-recommended-pressure.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by noopster : 13th June 2016 at 09:47. Reason: Merging Back to back posts
Chuckster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2016, 09:19   #964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
What is the variant of the 2013 Fiesta? Titanium? What colour?

This is a White Fiesta, 2013 Titanium Model

I agree with you, I'm more than satisfied with my Linea.
Doesn't make sense to buy a used car and sell off my worshipped Linea

Thanks for the recommendation

Last edited by ampere : 13th June 2016 at 08:38. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 13th June 2016, 08:29   #965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
But on closer inspection I noticed that the size mentioned here is that of the spare wheel(175/65 R14) and not the main wheels size (195/60 R15). Why would ford do that? Maybe somewhere in the world the fiesta or maybe at least the entry level models of fiesta are coming shod with 175/65 R14 wheels.
That's indeed weird. In our car, the sticker shows both. 175/65 R14 is the space saver alone.

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-img_20160613_082648.jpg
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 11:16   #966
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
That's indeed weird. In our car, the sticker shows both. 175/65 R14 is the space saver alone.
Ah. Guess it's a quality issue then. Looks like mine is the pressure sticker for the figo/aspire. I am assuming the code on the bottom right must refer to the vehicle type and mine is different from yours. Hmm..So the spare needs to be at 44 psi. Need to check that.

Strange that these values still differ from what's mentioned in the manual. Overall pressures in the manual are lesser than what's mentioned in your sticker. I am going to stick with the manual version since the ride will be less stiff.
Old 30th June 2016, 04:37   #967
BHPian

Is there anyone who can comment on the re-launch of this new Fiesta?
Old 30th June 2016, 07:20   #968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post
Is there anyone who can comment on the re-launch of this new Fiesta?
While the possibility of launching the global Fiesta (in its hatchback/sedan avatar) is next to nil, there are chances that Ford might introduce an India spec Fiesta just like the first gen, in the next couple of years. Also, with the premium and performance hatchback segment doing so well, Ford has the resources to introduce an Indian version of the global Fiesta RS/ST but I know that the management will continue to disappoint.
Porschefire is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2016, 15:41   #969
BHPian

Got the 40k service done from Pune. On my way to Alibag my hometown a message popped up "ENGINE SERVICE NOW" with a orange spanner on the cluster. The vehicle was showing 40500 km on the odo. Called up the service adviser he asked me to put the car in ignition on position depress the brake and accelerator pedal for 30 sec. The msg just wont go and pops up every time i start my car. i have followed the above procedure when the "ENGINE OIL CHANGE" message pops up.
Drove the vehicle to Alibag no lag in power or difference in pickup or handling. I called the Road side assistance and narrated the problem they asked me to drive the car at normal speed and get it to the nearest service center as soon as possible.

Has anybody faces a similar problem? What might be the reason?
Old 26th August 2016, 13:46   #970
BHPian

I was using a Fiesta for 11 months before surrendering it due to change in employment. I was left with another reason to buy a new car and guess what i bought an Ecosport(my 3rd Ford).

Made the odo to 1000 kms in a month and this is what i can say

Fiesta - its a Batman suit, fits you perfectly, moves with you and doesn't make you feel separate

Ecosport - Its a Hulk which has great powers but trying hard to control its anger( read size and steering)

Though happy that I am driving a Ford that is built well and behaves well, it keeps reminding me the Fiesta that made its impact

PS: Metro Ford sales guy mentioned that he is holding a Grey Fiesta in stock on the day of delivery.
Self Driven is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 15:46   #971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self Driven View Post

Fiesta - its a Batman suit, fits you perfectly, moves with you and doesn't make you feel separate

Ecosport - Its a Hulk which has great powers but trying hard to control its anger( read size and steering)
You couldn't have put it in better words my friend!!! Completely agree that in the Fiesta, the driver and the car are a single entity moving with each other. There is a sense that both of them understand what the other one is upto. Ecosport is no less in every sense except for the steering feedback which gives a disconnected feel.

Quote:
PS: Metro Ford sales guy mentioned that he is holding a Grey Fiesta in stock on the day of delivery.
Well, you are better off buying the latest model than the one which has been lying at the dealer stockyard for god knows how many months.
Porschefire is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 16:10   #972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
Well, you are better off buying the latest model than the one which has been lying at the dealer stockyard for god knows how many months.

Absolutely agree, the sales guy being the team lead, gave me a 400+ days old to be specific. He was ready on discounts in 5 digits. But it was in their basement and may not be baked in their stock yard. That being said the addiction to Fiesta was so high that I was partially willing to take the plunge.

I will start my Golden Bronze TDCi journey in that thread, but can keep myself off from this one. my last words on Fiesta" the high it gave me can be forgotten only by driving another one"
Self Driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2016, 07:48   #973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This is the one I guess. I am not surprised it is still unsold. When I checked, the discount was lesser than what a current model had. But I was quite excited when I saw it in the showroom.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...e-look-63.html
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2016, 12:19   #974
BHPian

Has anyone took the extended warranty for the 3rd and 4th year? I was quoted a ridiculous 35,000! My running has come down considerably in the past year (10k) and it'll be further down as I won't be using it much in the coming few years.
Old 17th October 2016, 16:21   #975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebzgeo89 View Post
Has anyone took the extended warranty for the 3rd and 4th year? I was quoted a ridiculous 35,000! My running has come down considerably in the past year (10k) and it'll be further down as I won't be using it much in the coming few years.
I took for 3rd year at the time of purchase itself. Remember the cost was around 15K. 4th year warranty was not on offer that time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks