Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2018, 11:00   #1066
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Just to start with get the tyres rotated, aligned and balanced at some good tyre shop - and while it's raised up for these checks examine the car underbody thoroughly - including whether brake pads / discs are touching the wheel at some angle. Then try to suspect engine mounts and suspension after that.

Vibration isn't all that common in the global Fiesta I am not sure why your SA said that.
I wasn't clear, my bad. I am talking about vibrations at idle as well. So, wheel balancing and brake pads issues are out of question. TDCi is known to have least NVH in this segment. And the vibrations weren't there when the car was new. It all started after I hit that monstrous speed-breaker.
I see my ORVMs and sun visors vibrating when at idle. Now, does it sound like a common issue, other Fiesta owners?
Old 9th September 2018, 11:37   #1067
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
I wasn't clear, my bad. I am talking about vibrations at idle as well. So, wheel balancing and brake pads issues are out of question. TDCi is known to have least NVH in this segment. And the vibrations weren't there when the car was new. It all started after I hit that monstrous speed-breaker.
I see my ORVMs and sun visors vibrating when at idle. Now, does it sound like a common issue, other Fiesta owners?
Seems like you damaged your engine mounts when you went over the speedbreaker. Have the ASS look at them. Vibrations at idle are usually a sign of worn out or damaged engine mounts.
Traveler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2018, 10:51   #1068
BHPian

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Brembo, I have tried the slotted ones with the Brembo black pads. They are good for street use with superb bite, but then too noisy for regular city usage. Got them out and now I am back to the OEM setup. Not worth it!

I am trying to procure OE replacement Brembo which is on transit, I will test them and share my experience soon!
Hey there,

1. Can you please talk more about this noise? Is it like a screeching noise when you apply brakes? Do you think if I go for such a setup, I will get this issue as well, or they might have fixed this issue? How much did it cost and where did you get this done? I am in Bangalore, any pointers?

2. Did you try the Brembo OE replacement? I have heard it doesn't make much of a difference. Please, what are your observations?

Regards,
Ashish
Old 27th October 2018, 15:40   #1069
BHPian

Ford has sent this note to inspect door latches in the global Fiesta. Myself and hserus have received the email from Ford India.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-20181027_153600.png  

k149in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2018, 12:02   #1070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k149in View Post
Ford has sent this note to inspect door latches in the global Fiesta. Myself and hserus have received the email from Ford India.
I have also received the same. In fact one of my car's latch has already been changed under warranty. New one costs approx 10000/-.
My concern is what do they want to check, as all the latches are working perfectly so they may say everything is all right ! But in future these latches can create problem in the middle of nowhere.
Old 28th October 2018, 20:28   #1071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash24979 View Post
I have also received the same. In fact one of my car's latch has already been changed under warranty. New one costs approx 10000/-.

My concern is what do they want to check, as all the latches are working perfectly so they may say everything is all right ! But in future these latches can create problem in the middle of nowhere.

Did they replace all the door latches ? Or anyone in particular?

Apparently the latch in my car's boot was hammered and fixed in the Ford workshop. Just wondering if this has anything to do with that.
Old 28th October 2018, 22:13   #1072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaasscit View Post
Did they replace all the door latches ? Or anyone in particular?
It was the rear passenger side one.Infact I was in a small town when out of the blue it happened, a local mechanic fixed it somehow so that the door closed. Initially the ASC guys were reluctant to change under warranty but upon some persuasion they agreed.
Old 11th December 2018, 07:31   #1073
BHPian

Need help. My Fiesta is pulling to the right. Multiple visits to two Ford service centres and multiple attempts at fixing the alignment have done absolutely nothing to this issue. It has run just 27k KMs. There is no alignment problem, this is what I have concluded now. What else can be wrong? Is the new Fiesta known to have such an issue?
Old 11th December 2018, 07:38   #1074
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Need help. My Fiesta is pulling to the right. Multiple visits to two Ford service centres and multiple attempts at fixing the alignment have done absolutely nothing to this issue.
Hope the tyres are in good shape.

And if you have absolutely looked at all possible alignment issues, then get the EPS checked. It's got Pull Drift Compensation to take care of crowned roads or cross winds. Maybe something wrong there? Do get it checked and let us know.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2018, 13:56   #1075
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Hope the tyres are in good shape.

And if you have absolutely looked at all possible alignment issues, then get the EPS checked. It's got Pull Drift Compensation to take care of crowned roads or cross winds. Maybe something wrong there? Do get it checked and let us know.
Uneven tyre wear is the most probable cause. Followed by the steering wheel not having been centred when doing alignment and balancing. Else - did your underbody take a hit sometime earlier - big boulder or speedbreaker on the road or similar?
Old 19th December 2018, 15:02   #1076
BHPian

Guys, I have been using my pre-worshipped 2011 global fiesta for more than a year now, and it has been a great companion so far.

Since new year is approaching, wanted to go for some gifts for the car. Would you share details of changes / upgrades or even beautification/accessorizing performed on your fiesta's so far or recommend some. Few I can think of are as below, but please comment / share suggestions if any.
  • Alloys - this one is a bit tough one for me for the time being, since the P3STs are still pretty new, and I would go for R16 wheels if I end up changing the alloys. Though if you have made any changes, please do share (if possible, with pics ).
  • Muffler tips just for a bit better / deeper exhaust note? suggestions?
  • I even looked around the web for cool looking wing spoilers. I know less is better and ANFiesta already comes with a make-shift lip spoiler, but the spoiler on the older Fiesta 1.6S still look so great, would love to have something similar; let subtleties be damned.
  • Coming to performance / utility related upgrades - new shoes - I already switched to Michelin P3STs few months ago, and experience has been fine post-change.
  • Remaps? I know few like deetjohn, itsashishsharma were contemplating tuning boxes, remaps from ToT etc. So was wondering what are the options available and what worked best. Any other changes done apart from ecu remap? like egr delete / decat etc.
  • New headlamps? (headlamps aren't so bad in the fiesta, but had done a Bangalore-Ujire run few weeks ago at night, and in rain+good roads, the lights just weren't sufficient.) It seems to be a difficult upgrade, since the car has H1/H7 bulbs for low/high beam, and a good upgrade would be 100/90W rated Philips bulbs with good Philips relay. But they are difficult to source and probably difficult to get installed as well. Anyone got this upgrade done with any mech/shop in Bangalore?
  • Any other changes related to car's characteristics such as brake pads, better suspension or anything else? (This would hold good especially to those who might have gone for a remap).
  • I also need to go for dashcams for front/rear view, mobile phone holders, maybe elbow rest. Any recommendations on such items - which suit Fiesta's ergonomics?
Thanks,
pkrish
Old 19th December 2018, 16:48   #1077
Senior - BHPian

Please don't spoil the car with spoilers

You can look at this vendor for LED headlamps - https://cnsunnylightcarled.aliexpress.com/store/1473227

I have them in my Fiesta and can strongly recommend them.

This type. Please check your Fiesta's manual for the different types of bulbs required - there will be a table.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...pots_7642128.1

The Fiesta is already pretty well tuned for torque - use a better grade of engine oil - any ACEA A5/B5 5w30 oil - Mobil and Amsoil have excellent ones - and change your air / oil / AC filters at much earlier than the dealership recommended time (every 10k km).

You can check this place for an android stereo (+ reverse camera + dashcam) that is a dropin fit for your Fiesta's current system.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Quad...a-0e17c8f0a271
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2018, 22:41   #1078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Please don't spoil the car with spoilers

You can look at this vendor for LED headlamps - https://cnsunnylightcarled.aliexpress.com/store/1473227

I have them in my Fiesta and can strongly recommend them.

The Fiesta is already pretty well tuned for torque - use a better grade of engine oil - any ACEA A5/B5 5w30 oil - Mobil and Amsoil have excellent ones - and change your air / oil / AC filters at much earlier than the dealership recommended time (every 10k km).

Thanks for the suggestions Hserus.

I knew someone (or everyone) might say not to bother with a spoiler. But I still keep wondering how it might look. I like how the Ciaz S looks with the OEM spoiler, picture below. Maybe similar?

Old 20th December 2018, 12:04   #1079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkrish View Post
Alloys - this one is a bit tough one for me for the time being, since the P3STs are still pretty new, and I would go for R16 wheels if I end up changing the alloys. Though if you have made any changes, please do share (if possible, with pics )
For alloys you can maybe try MOMO revenge wheels. Fellow bhpian Anachronix has them on his fiesta.

Here's a link to his thread.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...-report-9.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkrish View Post
I knew someone (or everyone) might say not to bother with a spoiler. But I still keep wondering how it might look. I like how the Ciaz S looks with the OEM spoiler, picture below. Maybe similar?
The Fiesta already comes with a pretty distinct lip already integrated into the boot-lid. So, IMO a spoiler such as this might be overkill.
Maybe a mild lip spoiler might be a better option.

PS: The spoiler really suited the previous gen Fiesta S a lot more.

Last edited by Turrrb0 : 20th December 2018 at 12:11.
Old 28th February 2019, 21:18   #1080
BHPian

Have recently changed the tires on the fiesta - Out goes the Bridgestone in comes the Yoko Earth-1 tires (195/60 R15) : I saw mixed reviews of the tires but a test drive post wheel alignment - I was impressed.

The steering "feels" much better now. Braking is even better - Not that Fiesta was bad - It was always good now that it feels even better.

Cost INR 5000/tire. Old tires were brought back for INR 300

Also, the stock battery gave up after 5 years. Called Amaron - they said they've 65 Ah size (stock was 60 Ah) and it'll fit.

Looks like i've hit a sweet spot again - acceleration of the car is significantly better now - Maybe the Alternator load has reduced now and its showing

Battery - INR 5200 after exchanging the old battery.

The car is now set for another 40k

Last edited by GTO : 2nd March 2019 at 07:43. Reason: small typo
vaasscit is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks