Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2019, 16:21   #1096
BHPian

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Finally dropped the Idea of selling my Fiesta.
Reason : I was offered a valuation of Rs 1,50,000/- in Pune for a 2014, Titanium, 85000 kms.
Might as well retain the car and let someone from the family use it instead of selling such an excellent car at this price.
architkarpe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2019, 17:28   #1097
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
Finally dropped the Idea of selling my Fiesta.
Reason : I was offered a valuation of Rs 1,50,000/- in Pune for a 2014, Titanium, 85000 kms.
Might as well retain the car and let someone from the family use it instead of selling such an excellent car at this price.
Dealers will offer all such garbage valuations. I sold my Fiesta for 4.25 (2014 Titanium, run some 46k km). Broke my heart to do it, but at least its in good hands.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2019, 22:39   #1098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Dealers will offer all such garbage valuations. I sold my Fiesta for 4.25 (2014 Titanium, run some 46k km). Broke my heart to do it, but at least its in good hands.
Any specific reason for selling it? Since you enjoyed your ride.
Old 22nd October 2019, 23:05   #1099
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Any specific reason for selling it? Since you enjoyed your ride.
Back and knee pain from a year 2000 accident and a lifetime hunched over a laptop made it tough to continue using a low slung sedan.

My scorpio has an erect posture and is a comfortable highway cruiser for my monthly Chennai - Bangalore trips and other highway travel.
Old 12th November 2019, 12:42   #1100
BHPian

Completed 60k service on my 2014 Fiesta. Cost me 6400 INR, highest i have paid for a regular service. No add-ons. No complaints either.
One thing i have noticed lately is the increased engine noise inside the cabin, nothing intrusive but enough to catch my attention. I guess it's part of normal wear and tear.
Sebzgeo89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2019, 01:47   #1101
BHPian

Hey Guys.

I came across a 2015 facelift fiesta, Diesel titanium, done 71,000km. I have only driven the pre facelift 2011 petrol fiesta and have no idea how the diesel runs.Anything i should be made aware of regarding owning a Fiesta?Any issues that would require constant attention or is the fiesta very reliable?

The old 1.4 diesel figo is plagued by injector failures which is quite expensive to replace, is the 1.5 diesel remarkably more reliable?
If i get the fiesta, it would replace my 9 year old petrol figo which has been a gem throughout its life(never given any sort of costly trouble) and i would like the fiesta to give similar service as well.

Thanks
Old 27th December 2019, 08:15   #1102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Hey Guys.

I came across a 2015 facelift fiesta, Diesel titanium, done 71,000km. I have only driven the pre facelift 2011 petrol fiesta and have no idea how the diesel runs.Anything i should be made aware of regarding owning a Fiesta?Any issues that would require constant attention or is the fiesta very reliable?

The old 1.4 diesel figo is plagued by injector failures which is quite expensive to replace, is the 1.5 diesel remarkably more reliable?
If i get the fiesta, it would replace my 9 year old petrol figo which has been a gem throughout its life(never given any sort of costly trouble) and i would like the fiesta to give similar service as well.

Thanks
I say just get it. I have a 2015 Fiesta diesel and it is stage 1 remapped as well. Absolutely gem of a car. The chassis begs for more power. 90ps just doesn't cut it, so a remap was planned while deciding on buying this car.
Injector issues of the 1.4 haven't come to the 1.5. The mark 5 Fiesta and Figo both were the same car essentially. You will find the mark 6 Fiesta to feel like a bigger car to drive. Highway stability is superior. Steering is electronic, so expect a little less feel, but it is the last true Ford to be sold in India, so the feel and feedback is not compromised at all. The chassis is stiff, suspension is hard. It is a proper handler, the best one south of a 3 series. I say go for it, anyways the maintenance is cheapest in it's class, I see you own a Ciaz diesel as well, so owning Fiesta would be lighter on the pocket, you will live it.
itsashishsharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2019, 00:59   #1103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
I say just get it. I have a 2015 Fiesta diesel and it is stage 1 remapped as well. Absolutely gem of a car. The chassis begs for more power. 90ps just doesn't cut it, so a remap was planned while deciding on buying this car.
Injector issues of the 1.4 haven't come to the 1.5. The mark 5 Fiesta and Figo both were the same car essentially. You will find the mark 6 Fiesta to feel like a bigger car to drive. Highway stability is superior. Steering is electronic, so expect a little less feel, but it is the last true Ford to be sold in India, so the feel and feedback is not compromised at all. The chassis is stiff, suspension is hard. It is a proper handler, the best one south of a 3 series. I say go for it, anyways the maintenance is cheapest in it's class, I see you own a Ciaz diesel as well, so owning Fiesta would be lighter on the pocket, you will live it.

I had a brief look and feel of the fiesta yesterday.
Everything felt good. Car rides well, no rattles/vibrations, gear shifts are smooth ,clutch seems fine and AC chills well . Only slight scratches here and there that stick out on a black car.

This fiesta has a standard petes tuned engine and slightly wider tires(205/60/15).I dint mange to push the car much due to traffic constraints so i am really not sure if its really 15% more power as what the owner claims. He had done this tuning 2 years/25k km ago and has lost the receipts. Only has a petes badge to show for. I will be taking my mechanic tomorrow to check out the car thoroughly.

Found a couple of issues,
firstly the mirrors dont power fold. dont know how much it would cost to rectify this.
Secondly, after checking the cars history at Ford, found that this vehicle PCM was changed a year back. The car had refused to start one day and the issues was diagnosed to a faulty PCM. Part costed 90k according to the SA(i dint see the bill myself). The SA couldn't tell why it failed even though he remembers this particular vehicle but i suspect maybe a rat bite somewhere in the wiring or due to the Petes remap? because the under hood insulation looked liked it had been chewed by rates at multiple places.

But the most disheartening thing came not from the car but from the SA who helped me with the service records. This SA is known to me and he frankly told me to stay away from the global fiesta due to him experiencing problems with customer's cars. He mentioned the high price of parts and also mentioned that most parts are imported and are not shared with the Ecosport( Which i seriously doubt). He mentioned steering rack problems, suspension problem and now this PCM failure.He begged me to look at any other ford besides the Global fiesta, even the old fiesta classic would be more reliable! according to him.

Now from reading a ton of reviews here on Teambhp,which show the fiesta to be fairly reliable, and me checking the price of parts on ford service promise website and boodmo, the common wear and tear parts seem to be similarly priced with the ecosport etc and some parts like the PCM(90k) and steering rack(35k) are expensive as they are fully imported.

IF the mechanic gives a green signal tomorrow, should i get the "ECU" remapped to the stock version to prevent any future problems or am i over thinking this.

Sorry for the long post.

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 29th December 2019 at 01:04.
Old 29th December 2019, 14:23   #1104
BHPian

I have completed 4 years on my fiesta and it runs great. Changed battery recently and done body clay cleaning and hard wax. Some pictures below. Thank you.

Will keep the car for another 4-5 years as I do not see any good sedan with such drivability. City mileage is around 17 and highway at 22. Satisfactory.

Planning to change front door speakers. It sounds good but want to have more crisp sounding JBLs. I think front speakers are components in Fiesta. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-20191226_131001.jpg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-20191226_171756.jpg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-20191226_171831.jpg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-20191226_134141.jpg  

gkoneti is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th December 2019, 15:35   #1105
BHPian

Quote:
I had a brief look and feel of the fiesta yesterday.
Only slight scratches here and there that stick out on a black car.
70-80% will go out with a good rubbing + waxing job. Black, if maintained, looks gorgeous.

Quote:
This fiesta has a standard petes tuned engine.
Shouldn't be a problem. The Fiesta has such a brilliant chassis that a 90hp diesel would be underpowered TBH. A remap fixes it really, but if you drive a remapped Fiesta, the chassis won't let you think that the engine is pushing it, because it hardly could. I have a 3+ years, 24k KMs old remap on my Fiesta and nobody notices it as nobody has driven a stock Fiesta, to have a comparison.

Quote:
firstly the mirrors dont power fold. dont know how much it would cost to rectify this. Secondly, after checking the cars history at Ford, found that this vehicle PCM was changed a year back. The car had refused to start one day and the issues was diagnosed to a faulty PCM.
Mirrors not power folding - get it checked at your service centre, there is an override in the Sync system to switch the auto folding on/off while unlocking/locking the car. But if using if you can't fold/unfold manually, using the mirror adjust knob, it is an issue and should be a small/electrical/fuse issue as none of the two mirrors work. Can't say much on this.
On the PCM getting replaced issue, the root cause could be anything, but not a remap AFAIK as a remap pushes the boundaries of your turbo, not of the PCM.

Quote:
But the most disheartening thing came not from the car but from the SA who helped me with the service records.
Can't say much on this. My ownership experience have been trouble-free so far. We have this thread with many Fiesta owners and I haven't seen any such complaints. Moreover, my usual service bills are in the range of Rs.6k which is even cheaper than cars from 2 segments lower. BTW, I have an SA, he is with Ford since last 10 years, bought a new Fiesta from one of his customers and he loves it, he praises the car a lot.

Quote:
IF the mechanic gives a green signal tomorrow, should i get the "ECU" remapped to the stock version to prevent any future problems or am i over thinking this.
No, please rollback to the stock map! Tons of Ecosports with the same TDCi engines get remapped and are running flawlessly. I went through many positive reviews before getting my car. In fact, I finalised my plan to get it remapped before buying it.
itsashishsharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2019, 15:51   #1106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

But the most disheartening thing came not from the car but from the SA who helped me with the service records. This SA is known to me and he frankly told me to stay away from the global fiesta due to him experiencing problems with customer's cars. He mentioned the high price of parts and also mentioned that most parts are imported and are not shared with the Ecosport( Which i seriously doubt). He mentioned steering rack problems, suspension problem and now this PCM failure.He begged me to look at any other ford besides the Global fiesta, even the old fiesta classic would be more reliable! according to him.
The steering rack costs 40k to fix and this is one of the best systems around. The car is reliable and we have the original 2011 version and service hasn't been a problem. This car replaced the old fiesta which we had from 2006, that was unreliable after around three and a half years, this one is going strong, 8 years and 155k kms from the day it was delivered.

The car is the only global Ford we got here, it shows after all these years. Go for it if you get a good example.
avira_tk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 18:29   #1107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
The steering rack costs 40k to fix and this is one of the best systems around. The car is reliable and we have the original 2011 version and service hasn't been a problem. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
70-80% will go out with a good rubbing + waxing job. Black, if maintained, looks gorgeous.

I finally picked up the fiesta for 3.9lakhs. I have to renew the insurance so it basically comes to around 4lakhs.
Thank you all for replying to all my queries, your quick replies helped me alot.

The car is in great shape mechanically , engine , suspension , electrical all seem to be fine. Had to replace the Radiator fan resistor and top up the engine oil when i went for a check up at ford.
The OVRMs dont fold and i would require to replace the whole assembly as it cant be repaired. For now i dont actually require the mirrors to fold, hence will not get it replaced.

The only quirk is with the AC. If i set the Temp to 23 when its 30 outside the compressor cuts in and out normally, properly chills the car. but with this same temperature set during the night,the compressor cuts out for a longer duration before cuting in. Have to lower the temp on the knob to 21 to get desired chilling.During the Day, 24, 25 deg feels like i'm using the blower only.

Checked the full Ac system at an FNG and everything is in order, no leaks at all. Guys at ford told me that they would have to open the dashboard to check but told me to live with it as its normal for the global fiesta and if it stops cooling at 21 degrees then they would open the dashboard to replace a sensor. I dont think this is how it was designed but anyone experienced this before?

I always had my eye on the Global fiesta and by sheer luck i came across this one for sale. My heart was set on this the moment i saw it for sale but mind was concerned about the cost of parts. A 2015 polo, vento, ecosport etc would have costed me a minimum of a lakh more than this fiesta, hence i convinced my mind that the money saved can be used for any unforeseen repairs and with that i'm ready for another chapter of blissful driving!

Ill post proper pics once i get my Fiesta polished, for now just this customary one.
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-ford-fiesta.jpg
rambo1o1 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th February 2020, 02:03   #1108
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone has a comparison between Continental & Michelin for the Fiesta?
Old 1st March 2020, 08:46   #1109
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys - one more question. Does the AC always start on external circulation while starting the car?
Old 1st March 2020, 08:49   #1110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Guys - one more question. Does the AC always start on external circulation while starting the car?
No! You need to know how to use the AC here, just see that the green indicator buttons on both the dials are lit up. Bring your ride over sometime today and I'll show you.

Quote:
The only quirk is with the AC. If i set the Temp to 23 when its 30 outside the compressor cuts in and out normally, properly chills the car. but with this same temperature set during the night,the compressor cuts out for a longer duration before cuting in. Have to lower the temp on the knob to 21 to get desired chilling.During the Day, 24, 25 deg feels like i'm using the blower only.
Did you change the cabin air filter? It is under the gearshift on the driver's side - need to remove a panel on the gearshift console using allen keys.

Last edited by hserus : 1st March 2020 at 08:50.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks